JOB SEARCH RESULT:
The USAID Southern Africa Trade & Investment Hub (SATIH) project is seeking a Transport Economist to undertake a consultancy assignment contributing to development of a baseline model for measuring the cost to move goods across borders and corridors in the Southern African Development community (SADC) region.
The Transport Economist will work within the SATIH project and with USAID to develop a model for collecting, analyzing and reporting transport and logistics baseline cost data. This data will be applied to recommend interventions that will generate the highest impact in terms of reduction of time and cost and increased reliability of exports.
Further, the Transport Economist will assist with developing a methodology to support sustainable corridor performance monitoring within the SADC region.
Activities shall include, to:
• Develop a baseline model for measuring the cost to move goods across SADC borders/corridors selected by the project, including determination of the components of total logistics costs and definitions of cost components.
• Analyze linkages with the baseline model and reported analyses for measuring the time to move goods across the SADC borders/corridors, which will be conducted in parallel with this statement of work.
• Develop a methodology and plan for collecting cost data and work with the SATIH team to conduct and report on the baseline analysis of cost data.
• Identify hidden costs which have not been previously applied in corridor studies in the SADC region and estimate the total logistics costs.
• Conduct a quantitative analysis of the economic costs of inefficiency and variability in the transport/logistics system, and develop prioritized recommendations to substantially reduce these economic costs.
• Analyze linkages between different trade facilitation strategies and their possible impact on total logistics costs, to guide policy dialogue.
• Review the consolidated analyses, and in collaboration with the SATIH team and USAID, develop a methodology to support sustainable corridor performance monitoring within the SADC region.
• Develop and present a strategic framework that assists with identification of the optimal corridor/s for SATIH to conduct corridor monitoring. The strategic framework shall include description of capacity building activities surrounding use of the corridor performance monitoring methodology by end-user or host institution/s, and ensure analytical findings can be used to generate “roadmap” or advocacy documents.
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in supply chain logistics, cross border management, and trade facilitation strategies and technical assistance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of technical supply chain and transport logistics and trade facilitation issues.
• Familiarity working with monitoring and evaluation data collection and systems essential.
• Master’s degree in relevant field as a minimum.
• Excellent written and spoken communications skills. Fluency in English. Strong analytical and communication capabilities.
This consultancy assignment will be conducted primarily in Pretoria, South Africa and will require regional travel in Southern Africa.
Qualified candidates should submit an expression of interest and updated CV by April 17, 2017. Visit the Nathan Associates website at www.nathaninc.com/careers/open-positions to view the full statement of work, and follow the instructions to apply.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted.
Are you interested in becoming a Transport Economist in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
WWB is currently conducting a search for a President/Managing Director for an international investment organisation who have a joint venture with a logistics and Cold Storage business in East Africa. Our client is building cold storage and 3PL facilities in East Africa and therefore seek an experienced entrepreneur in 3PL and cold storage to build a team and deliver in emerging markets. You will be involved in construction of cold warehouses, recruiting and training, identifying customers and strategic development of the organisation. You will also deploy consultants and experts, recruit in the entire in house management and establish systems and processes. You will identify growth opportunities and develop strategies to develop the organisation further. Candidates MUST have at least 5 years experience in cold storage and 3PL at the senior level with a track record of management and leadership.
For a road construction company in Congo Brazzaville with a fleet of 1.000 units of commercial vehicles and heavy duty machines and a workforce of 1,500 employees, there is a future plan to strengthen the leadership. For a further professionalization of this company, we assist in finding highly qualified staff for undermentioned function, which are full-time positions in Africa.
A highly experienced financial specialist who will be stationed at the headquarters in Pointe Noire Congo and is responsible for:
• Planning and managing budgets of all departmens of the business.
• Co-operating closely with the CEO to help manage the overall business.
• Monitoring business performance and cash flow.
• Supervising the accounts team.
• Preparing accounts and developing financial models.
• Planning for the future, competitor analysis and strategic planning.
The suitable candidate possesses the following properties:
• At least 10 years experience as a financial manager/director.
• Graduated with a master’s degree.
• Fluent speaking and writing English and preferably French and/or Dutch.
• The opportunity to work full time in Africa.
A full expat package plus market conform salary offered.
For a shipping agent in West Africa we are on the lookout for an European French speaking Logistics Manager.
The suitable candidate must know how to focus on the commercial and operational area and boost the business without losing track of administration and reporting.
The Candidate should have experience of at least 5 years as a Logistics Manager in West Africa. This is a NON family position.
* Commercial and Operational experience in the Logistic Sector with focus in Mining and Project Cargo.
* Developing the logistic sector for OBT Shipping in Guinea, West Africa.
* P&L responsibility.
* Experience working in a global company within an shipping agency.
* Must be fluent in French and English.
* A developer with focus on expanding the business.
* Knowledge in clearing and forwarding within the logistic arm of the mining and project cargo sector.
* Should be outgoing, have a good sense of humor, be responsible, conscientious, focused, result-oriented, purposeful and most important; knows how to be a good team player and manager/leader for his team.
* Salary between 5-9000 Usd per month TAX FREE depending on the candidates skills and qualifications.
* Free Accommodation.
* Free Vehicle.
* Vacation 45 calendars days per year.
* Three economy flight per year to his home country.
* Being part of successful strong going company with a high track record in the West African shipping Industry