JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Glencore is one of the world’s largest globally diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 90 commodities. Our operations comprise of around 150 mining and metallurgical sites, oil production assets and agricultural facilities – supported by a network of more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries.
We employ approximately 160, 000 people including contractors and we provide people with the opportunity to develop and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
The Mutunda Mining Sarl (MUMI), a Glencore Plc subsidiary is 100% owned by Glencore. The mine is located 42 kilometers east of the Lualaba province’s capital Kolwezi, in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Reporting into the Legal Head of Department, the Legal Advisor is expected to analyse, provide advice on and execute a range of legal matters affecting the company.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Assist in the management of the company secretarial duties;
• Supervise the legal team based on the mining site in the absence of the Head of Legal;
• Maintenance of all exploration and exploitation permits;
• Manage relationships with external counsels;
• Review, interpret contracts and other legal documents;
• Provide formal legal opinions;
• Identify and manage legal risks;
• Manage legal disputes;
• Provide legal endorsement in relation to business transactions;
• Provide advice on applicable legislation and the interpretation thereof;
• Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment;
• Management of the visas process and of the visas team based on the mining site;
• Few travels expected within the country;
• Legal background in continental law, minimum Master’s level;
• Minimum of two years of experience in law firm or as legal advisor in an international company (preferably mining/energy field). Relevant experience in a French speaking African country would be a definite asset;
• Significant international exposure during her/his career;
• Fluent in French and English;
• Resilience, flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks daily and under pressure;
• High capacity to adapt and appetite for challenges;
• Capacity to live as part of a community;
• Follow the Glencore way – Diversified, Dedicated, and Driven;
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.