JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. For the expansion of our clients Kenyan subsidiary in Nairobi we are looking at the earliest opportunity for a dedicated Business Administration Manager in Kenya.
For this challenging position, we are looking for a leadership personality with a confident manner, a high level of communicative skills and profound economical knowledge, which ideally has experience in similar positions.
After a detailed briefing, you lead the Kenyan branch organizationally. In addition to self-responsible project handling, you are responsible for personnel matters, for the after sales department as well as for the management of the warehouse. In addition, you analyze the market activity and are responsible for the company's development in Kenya. You carry out your tasks from the location of our subsidiary in Nairobi.
We assume the willingness to move to Nairobi and to intensive travel activity as well as the knowledge of spoken and written English. In order to fulfill this challenging task, self-initiative and the ability to self-organization are important prerequisites. Organizational skills, independent work and a high degree of self-motivation and flexibility round off your profile for this responsible Occupation. We guarantee a sufficient period of training with financial security. For this job we are offering €50.000 gross per year, excluding benefits such as housing, car and insurance.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Administration Manager in Kenya? Apply now through the 'Apply Now' button.
Our client is a European company specialized in animal nutrition. They serve clients in more than 80 countries worldwide. For their offices in Nairobi they are looking for a part-time or consultant Sales Manager Animal Nutrition to assist the General Manager in animal nutrition technique on sales trips.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• assessing the relative nutritional values of various feeds together with technical colleagues in Europe
• visiting farms and advice on nutrition
• working with customers to formulate diets that meet their requirements/objectives
• analyzing nutritional disorders
• maintaining awareness of technical and scientific developments
• Reaching the sales budget that is set by the company
• Ability to undertake independent research and give advice
• Ability to communicate with customers and colleagues in Europe
• Numeracy skills
• Self-management and self-motivation
• Ability to write reports and keep good records
• Ability to get the sales confirmed
• Preferable MSc in Animal Nutrition
• Drives license
• Candidate to be based in Kenya or neighbouring countries, able to travel regularly
What they can offer
• Good salary and benefits, with the possibility to earn extra due to commissions
Do you enjoy travelling and collaborating with individuals from different cultures? Do you enjoy defining go-to-market strategies based on how different markets work? Are you looking for an opportunity to earn a bi-annual management bonus tied to sales revenue targets?
Envirofit is looking to continue its market share expansion within East, Central, and Southern Africa. It is therefore looking for a Market Development Manager to identify, appoint and manage distributors/partners within these regions in line with a defined go-to-market strategy. A successful candidate will be accountable for driving profitability by meeting rolling bi-annual targets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys travelling and collaborating with individuals from different cultures. One who enjoys understanding how different markets work and in turn defines appropriate go-to-market strategies. This role also provides a successful candidate with the opportunity to earn a bi-annual management bonus tied to sales revenue targets.
Please Note: Shortlist Professionals Ltd. has been hired by Envirofit to manage the recruitment process for this role.
Market development strategy
- Seek to understand the potential new markets to which Envirofit could penetrate; and existing markets it could expand into
- Define effective go-to-market strategies within the assigned territories
- Define forecasts, plans and budgets in line with the defined go-to-market strategies
- Critically evaluate and rank leads; to focus on those with high potential of closing
Market development execution
- Build strong a distribution network by appointing, training and guiding robust distributors within the assigned territories
- Execute market development strategies in line with the organisation’s capacity to deliver
- Manage the performance of the distributors in line with agreed KPIs, i.e. sales and market expansion targets
- Drive profitability by achieving rolling bi-annual targets
- Align and define a joint go-to-market strategies with distributors based on their business models
- Set-up distributors for success, i.e. provide marketing material, help recruit and train staff, attend conferences and trade shows they organised/are participating in, etc.
- Attend major trade shows to understand the market better and obtain consumer feedback on the product
- Collaborate and manage relationships with internal and external key stakeholders
Does this sound like you?
- Aligned to the company mission
- Have a minimum of 10 years experience designing and executing sales and marketing initiatives in rural and semi-urban environments
- Minimum of 5 years experience identifying, appointing and managing distributors
- Proven experience in the rapid distribution and sale of push products, e.g. renewable energy
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Have an appreciation for a start-up environment and ‘roll-up your sleeves’ attitude
- Have strong project management, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A critical thinker, curious, persistent, challenges boundaries and delivery focussed
Company Description: Envirofit is a social enterprise that seeks to provide products that positively impacts its consumers and the environment. As a result, it manufactures and distributes high quality cookstove products. These products are not only efficient, affordable and environmentally friendly but were also designed with developing markets in mind.
Frequent travel within East, Central and Southern Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Market Development Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
KENYA FEED THE FUTURE CROP AND DAIRY MARKET SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY
NOTE: This position is contingent upon award.
The Agriculture Production Lead provides overall leadership and management to Dairy and Crops activities of the Kenya FTF Crop and Dairy Market Systems Development Activity project. The goal of this project is to ensure inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led growth, strengthen resilience and improve nutrition among smallholder farmers in Kenya. Reporting to the DCOP and Heifer’s Country Director, the Agriculture Production Lead is responsible for the design and implementation of the project’s interventions related to the areas of dairy, feed, crops and horticulture. He/she will work with the project team members to provide the technical input in regards the planning, management and implementation of the dairy and crops components.
- Assume overall responsibility for the management and implementation of all interventions related to the Dairy and Crop sectors and oversee the work of all technical staff.
- Support technical field staff in the management of the field resources and project budgets and ensure these in compliance with approved guidelines.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for technical staff and support them to ensure these cascades to all their direct reports.
- Lead development of market systems for the dairy and crop value chains including dairy production, feed, animal health and extension services.
- Apply Heifer’s hub approach to strengthen input supply and facilitate access to markets.
- Conduct capacity assessment of value chain actors and build the capacity of cooperatives and agribusinesses.
- Identify and implement productivity enhancing technologies to support dairy, feed, crop and horticulture production.
- Develop business development services to enhance access to services for agribusinesses.
- Work the financial services team to identify and develop the appropriate linkages to enhance access to finance and financial services.
- Support all technical staff to develop workplans and annual budgets consistent with project documents and donor requirements.
- Review regular quarterly, semi- and annual reports from the technical staff and ensure timeliness compliance with reporting requirements.
- Work with M&E team to document impact and lessons learned and share this information with project team and stakeholders.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Strong skills and knowledge in market systems development and assessment processes particularly in the dairy value chain and in the Kenya Dairy Sector.
- Sound technical dairy and crop value chains knowledge and experience.
- Good understanding of business skills development, business planning and strategic planning for farmer business organizations.
- Strong experience in developing business market and financial linkages and working with a range of BDS services.
- Solid project management cycle experience especially in planning, budgeting, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Solid project technical reporting skills.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and environment, and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Solid knowledge and experience in extension methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in agriculture training methodologies.
- Team leadership skills, with good abilities of addressing conflicts amongst diverse teams and constituents.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Preparing and presenting project reports and presentations in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Regularly conduct stakeholder analysis to strengthen partnerships and leveraging of resources
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Rural Development, Project Planning and Management, Agriculture, Agribusiness and Animal Science or and other relevant areas.
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience in Program management, extension and community development work.
- Master’s Degree in relevant professional discipline.
- Four (4) years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Thorough understanding of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Solid skill, knowledge and foundation in project management cycle.
- Sound understanding of value chain development on various agricultural commodities including dairy and crop sectors.
- Sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of the root causes of poverty in Kenya.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning processes.
- Knowledge of Swahili, both oral and written, is preferred.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To Be Determined
Non U.S. Based Locations
Are you interested in becoming a Agricultural Production Lead in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is a production plant for industrial products which is in its 6th year of operations. The geographical market for her products is Eastern Africa with a current focus on Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda.
The focus on the coming years will be on business creation and development, and diversification into other product-market combinations.
The General Manager will be responsible for managing the company and staff (over 100 people), and will report to its Board of Directors and shareholders. The direct reports are a Production manager, Quality manager, Finance manager and the Sales team.
The vacancy is a full-time post, based in Naivasha, Kenya.
The General Manager should possess the following qualifications:
- Worked in an African country, preferably East Africa
- Degree in technical studies
- Entrepreneurial skills and business management experience
- Track record in running an operation, preferably in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Financial management skills
- Customer management experience
- Affiliation with the subject of marketing of consumer products, and/or sustainable business development in emerging markets
- Good people skills “soft on people” and “hard on issues”
- Be self-motivated, committed and hands on
- Willingness to travel to the various regions in Eastern Africa
In return, the selected candidate can expect:
- a unique opportunity to manage and grow a business that contributes very concretely and visibly to the economic development of Eastern Africa in a sustainable fashion
- a reasonable level of salary (USD 4-6k gross per month), based on the skills and experiences of the candidate and in line with company income levels and costs of living in Kenya
- secondary benefits including use of the company 4-wheel vehicle, medical cover, company savings scheme, annual ticket to the home country, and school fee allowance
The successful candidate is expected to start sooner rather than later.
Renewable energy Technology Company is seeking a General Manager to expand the company's commercial operations in Kenya.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Operations, Emerging Markets
START DATE: as soon as possible
• Leader: triple the size of the team over 2017, recruit, grow, train and motivate the team. Set up measurable goals on operations, finance and sales.
• Reporting and Finance: oversee local accounting and reporting personnel in order to frequently report and present to the management team at the head office.
• Policy Advocate: work with government officials and multilateral organizations on regulatory policy matters affecting the company and the sector.
• Business Development: built out partnerships, existing and new.
• Manager: obtain sustainable growth of sales through the company’s distribution network. Responsible for meeting project timelines and milestones.
• Systems Builder: build and implement data management systems for sales force, supply chain and customer information coming from the field.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
• Min 10 years management experience, preferably working in bottom of the pyramid (BoP) markets in Kenyan rural & more urban areas
• Fluency in English required; Kiswahili or other local language strongly preferred
• Confident and able to deliver a presentation at a conference
• Experience in data collection, processing and analysing
• Able to work with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other analytical and visual communication tools
• Experience and relationships working with players in the sector and market
• Experience in planning and executing budgets and timelines
• Ability to motivate and inspire
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently
• Easy transition from clients in the field to dealing with large companies or government
• Willingness to work flexible hours
Nice to haves
• Logistics and supply chain experience
• Start-up experience
POSITION: PRODUCT MANAGER
WORK STATION: HEAD OFFICE, NAIROBI
REPORTING TO: COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: PRODUCT OWNERS
SALARY: COMPETITIVE PACKAGE
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Their client is a young and fast growing company with the ambition and ability to transform the healthcare sector in Africa through cloud based- and mobile technology. They are a mobile health exchange where digital payment streams and information are connected to medical data, thus improving quality of care, reducing cost of care and creating transparency and accountability. Their platform is currently being installed at more than a 1000 healthcare providers throughout Kenya, and through it people are able to transfer, receive and pay with health related funds and benefits on their mobile phone.
Do you have it in you to make African healthcare leapfrog into the future? Then do read on.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Product Manager will be end responsible for continuously developing, launching and tracking the success of new and improved products that our client offers to both consumers and healthcare providers. These products are often developed and marketed in close cooperation with strategic partners such as mobile telecom partners, insurance partners and NGO partners.
The Product Manager leads a cross-organizational team of “Product Owners” responsible for dedicated product lines focused on either the consumer or the healthcare provider. To be successful, the Product Manager is required to have an insatiable curiosity to understand how people think, feel and do. And, based on this thorough understanding of the customer, stakeholders and context, the candidate should have an ongoing drive to guide the Product Owners and the IT team to develop human-centered, intuitive products that will make a difference to their bottom line as they’ll as to their customers’ lives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Product Management
• Be the “voice of the customer” within the organization: you are the champion of developing human-centered, intuitive products and user interfaces within the organisation and towards their partners
• Leading by example: you constantly verify their hypotheses on what their customers want and need by going out into the field, by interacting with their existing and future customers, and by bringing back their learnings and ideas to the rest of the organization
• Develop and execute a compelling product development roadmap for both consumers and healthcare providers, ensuring a steady stream of new product launches and ongoing product improvements
• Optimize the customer journey and user interface for each of their products on a continuous basis
• Constantly measure the financial performance of and user satisfaction with their products in the market, and ensure corrective actions are taken when needed
• Leverage partnerships with mobile telecom companies, insurance companies and NGOs to gain insights and inform the product development roadmap
2. Team leadership and supervision
• Lead a cross-organizational team of “Product Owners” who are all responsible for dedicated product lines focused on either the consumer or the healthcare provider
• Responsible to set targets and monitor team member’s performance ensuring timely and regular catch-ups, continuous feedback, conduct appraisal reviews, address performance issues, monitor and support personal development plans and training needs
• On the job training and capacity building of Product Owners
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
1. Number of successful product launches per year
2. Number of new products in pipeline
3. Number of improvements to user interface & customer journey for all products
4. Revenue contribution of new products
5. Client satisfaction with new and existing products
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• University degree: field of studies can be in any direction, quality of the institution is more important
• At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience in product development and/or business development
• Previous work experience as product owner in technology companies is highly valued
• Strong leadership, team management and capacity building experience
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Mature and well-rounded
• Insatiable curiosity to understand how people think, feel and do
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly contagious energy & drive to constantly improve their products, user interfaces and customer journeys
• Self starter
• Entrepreneurial/business acumen skills
• Ability to adapt or change to new situations and handle high levels of uncertainty
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to develop and maintain networks
• Capacity building and ability to develop and motivate teams
• Ability to work with cross cultural, cross organizational and diverse teams
• A commitment to the organisations mission of “Connecting Everyone, Everywhere to Better Healthcare” and its core values of Integrity, Passion, Care, and Innovation.
Fulltime, based in Nairobi with some (international) travel
Our client is a not for profit organisation known as a pioneer in development cooperation and has launched several ground breaking initiatives involving public private partnerships and innovative financing mechanisms. They have built an extensive network working with governments, both in Africa and with international donors and development organizations as well as private companies and investors. Nairobi has an office employing 45 staff.
They have developed a platform connecting patients, payers and healthcare providers through mobile technology.
They want to create a disruptive change to healthcare financing and quality in Kenya and are looking for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial colleague to take up the challenge, join our team and lead these activities.
Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial leader for our mobile health programs. He/she should have an entrepreneurial and results-oriented mindset combined with strong teambuilding and relationship management capacities. He or she is able to lead across a variety of stakeholders from different cultures and is creative and resourceful in finding solutions especially in the digital world. The ideal candidate combines senior experience in healthcare innovations (especially product development) in developing markets and has a passion for social impact. The manager products Kenya will report to the International director.
• Be the “voice of the customer” for mobile patient products: you are the champion of developing customer-centered, intuitive products and services in healthcare for the bottom of the pyramid in partnership with our stakeholders. Innovative financing products and digital solutions are at the core of your ideas;
• You have a deep interest in the needs of customers. You don’t mind getting your feet dirty and talk to the customers (patients and providers) in the field regularly;
• Responsible for initiating new strategic partnerships, and for building out existing key strategic partnerships with large corporate organizations (e.g. telecom companies, insurance companies, banks, hospital chains) and with leading NGOs, donors and governments;
• Lead a cross-organizational team of “Product Owners” who are all responsible for dedicated product lines focused on the consumer;
• Responsible to set targets, monitor and coach team member’s performance ensuring timely and regular catch-ups, continuous feedback, conduct appraisal reviews, address performance issues, monitor and support personal development plans and training needs
Qualification & Requirements
• At least ten years of work experience in a leadership role including business development and/or fund raising roles
• You have a relevant Master’s, MBA degree or higher
• Experience of working in healthcare, healthcare financing and/or mobile health in Kenya or other sub-Saharan countries
• Experience of working in an international environment
• Strong understanding of healthcare financing, insurance and mobile phone markets in developing countries
• Strategic, innovative approach to fund management, product development, and marketing
• Strong project management and managerial skills - result driven and able to lead and motivate a diverse group of ambitious colleagues and partners
• Excellent communication skills: an ability to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders and with people with different cultural backgrounds
• Entrepreneurial, proactive and hands-on mentality, with an enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Our client offers
An excellent job opportunity in a dynamic international environment with solid terms and conditions in accordance with sector standards. You have a fulltime workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. For international candidates secondary expat benefits will apply. National and international candidates are invited to apply.