JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For one of our clients in the floricultural industry, we are seeking a Group CFO to join their executive team. In this role you will be reporting to the CEO.
The Group CFO will be responsible for overseeing the Group’s financial operations in Mauritius, Netherlands, Kenya, and Ethiopia, while being based in Kenya. We are looking for a strategic, but also hands-on Finance Professional with a strong finance and accounting background who will continue to build and run the Group’s finance function and establish and implement financial goals and strategies. In this capacity, the Group CFO is the custodian of our client’s financial integrity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee all financial operations including budgeting, management accounts, board reporting, shareholder reporting, auditing, transfer pricing, treasury, and currency hedging.
• Implement and maintain a system of financial controls, policies and procedures, and reporting systems.
• Talent development of existing staff, hiring new staff as necessary and manages team dynamics to ensure high-performance in Ethiopia and Kenya.
• Manage corporate administrators of the Mauritius and Netherlands entities.
• Manage relationships with banks, suppliers, and service providers.
• Responsible for ESG reporting and take on sustainability as a strategic area of value creation.
• Lead on the development of business plans and analysis for new farm acquisitions and expansion projects.
• Take ownership for and present financial performance to the Board and shareholders.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory and tax requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent higher-level professional qualification in Accounting, Business Management or Financial Corporate Management related discipline.
• Internationally recognised accounting qualification such as ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or Kenyan equivalents.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in finance roles, with a preference for experience in the floriculture or related industries.
• Proven strategic planning experience at the management level.
• Strong proficiency in financial management software.
• Strong financial modelling skills, as well as data analysis and forecasting.
• In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
• Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Drive and self-motivation, with the ability to work independently and oversee a diverse team across multiple locations.
• Experience of private equity ownership and of exit processes will be positively viewed
Are you interested to discuss the Group CFO vacancy? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page or contact email@example.com for more information.
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
You will be busy with the optimization of the production process, but also the cultivation technology and protection of the crops. Other activities are managing and coordinating the employees on the farm. You are responsible for the maintenance of the equipment and for all the working processes. You both lead and actively participate on the farm. Our client is looking for a person who can grow within the company. Optimizing and improving processes is an ongoing activity.
- Experience in cultivation technology and processes
- Technical knowledge of agricultural equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of crop protection
- Perfect control of the English language
- Good communicative skills
- Flexible and no 9-5 mentality
- Driver’s license
- A bachelor degree in the agricultural field
- An agricultural background
- Experience with tropical farming is an advantage.
You are also able to work under pressure and work accurately.
What our client offers:
You will get a lot of responsibility regarding the whole farm and you are free to implement your plans and vision for the farm. There will be contact on regular basis with the head office of the company in Europe, where there is a very open work culture. You will be working in a unique international and multicultural team.
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Director in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
To formulate and implement strategy of the sales and marketing department to ensure a strong, innovative, and well positioned and growing sales operation in line with business objectives.
Support business growth strategies to help meet company goals and Budget. Formulates, together with the General Manager, the commercial strategy, consistent with the business strategy.
Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the department, including budget(s), market developments, financial and other business objectives.
Develops and maintains an efficient sale, (support) organization, according to the framework of the year plans, to obtain the quantitative and qualitative sales targets. Provide on-the-ground support for sales and technical as they generate leads and close new deals.
Manage Key accounts in the region.
Oversee demand planning and customer service to optimize support processes.
Organizes, manages, develops, and staffs the department in line with corporate guidelines, to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimization of business results. Coaches his/her team on a regular basis to achieve team and individual targets.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Biological sciences OR Veterinary medicine plus a Master’s/ MBA
A university degree in business or biological science and at least 3 years of relevant experience or Diploma with 5 years relevant experience. An MBA is an added advantage.
Industry knowledge and experience – preferably fish nutrition experience OR animal nutrition experience
Frequent travelling within the region doing client visits and business development
Excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites
Coaching: can guide and develop the team for optimal business growth and development.
Adaptability: Has the ability to quickly adapt to dramatic and continued changes in the workplace or environment or changes in the way things are done. Has a high learning agility to either grow vertically or horizontally.
Guiding the business: Knows company's goals, objectives, strategy, needs, strengths, and weaknesses to understand the capabilities and resources available to address the market opportunities and are better placed to guide staff.
Communication: Report writing and presenting at senior management level. Synthesizes information and can communicate the big picture to executive-level clients, peers, and team members. Gaining others support for ideas, proposals, and solutions, and getting others to take action to advance work objectives.
Technical, sales, and sales support team.
Key accounts, Customers, Distributors,
Government–Policy, Legal & Compliance issues
Superfood, super healthy.
Moringa is the new superfood, but at LEAFS they take it a step further. They want to make a difference through impact. With their choices and targets they make impact through every Moringa seed sown. From production to distribution; from their fields in Kwale Country to the worldwide moringa market. Every step in the supply chain is managed by LEAFS.
LEAFS is a trustworthy partner for reliable supply of organically certified Moringa, dry powder and tea leaves. They are currently looking for a General Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about combining organic plant growing and processing experience with a passion for people management.
Contributing to the success, means jointly creating employment opportunities supporting over thousands of families so far. LEAFS contributes to regional business and economic growth and helps overcome some of the most severe problems in the developing world like malnutrition, deforestation, impure water, and poverty.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the efficiency and growth of the production plant. The production started from the first 100 acres of trees planted in beginning of the year, resulted in 2 million trees so far. The first harvest and processing is planned Q4 2021.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• P&L responsible for the daughter company in Kenya.
• Responsible for leading the management team, coach and set the example.
• Focus on professionalizing working processes, SOP’s and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Implement continuous improvement as way of working
• Ensure compliancy with company policies and make sure safety procedures are in place.
• Managing by walking around, checking on processes and progress
• Verify quality of product, and partner with QA to ensure all areas are in compliance with production and safety processes
• Provide management reporting towards directors in The Netherlands
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related
• Minimum of 5 yrs. management experience and a proven track record with (organic) crop production and / or processing
• Good people management skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to contribute ideas on how to expand and diversify the operation
• Excellent communication skills in both local and international stakeholder management
• Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for growth
• Multi-task oriented and very well organized
• Hands-on mentality, not afraid of decision making
• Africa experience is a must
• Willing to relocate to Diani Beach area
Do you want to contribute to a healthy, strong and sustainable world through LEAFS? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page!
As a Senior Manager claims you will take up a management position in our client's Nairobi office.
You will be responsible to manage the Nairobi claim team (+/- 30 FTE) supported by the Claims Supervisor.
Your role will be broader than the day to day management of the operation – your agile, customer centric mindset will ensure that you contribute to the overall operations strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the service proposition and improve the efficiencies and productivity of your teams. Within your role, you will report into the Senior Operations Managers responsible for IOH claims and Global Admin.
Your role will be to:
Motivate individuals and team collectively to achieve agreed work output targets covering productivity, turn-around-time, quality and client & customer satisfaction
Create an environment that encourages and delivers success – you must have the ability to inspire your team whilst developing your team members to the next level
Ensure appropriate performance management action, timely recruitment and effective succession planning is in place.
Contribute to change and innovation and be pro-active in identifying opportunities for improvement within the team and within Claims and Admin process.
Use data insights to challenge day-to-day operations, and build a continuous improvement mindset
Minimum of 5 years prior Team management experience, managing large teams
Financial services or Insurance experience is a plus
Experience in coaching, managing, developing and motivating individuals
Proven data analytics skills (QlikView, Tableau)
Clear experience in driving a team to achieve excellent customer service results and implementing change
Location: Kenya or remote.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client's organization is growing and we are recruiting a Crop Growing Manager for them.
Types of different propagation methods, materials and seeds and their criteria for health and quality.
The study of plant, soil structure, climatic and environmental issues in agronomical production.
Health and safety regulations
Necessary health, safety, hygiene and environmental standards and legislation rules in the sector of particular activity.
Methods, principles and systems for supplying water to land or crops by means of pipes, sprinklers, ditches or streams.
The variety of plants, trees and shrubs and their special characteristics.
Different approached to prunning trees, such as thinning, removal, etc.
Project management principles
Different elements and phases of project management.
Principles of estimating and planning of forecasts for business activity, compile regular budget and reports.
Set of traits and values which guide the actions of a leader with her/his employees and the company and provide direction throughout her/his career. These principles are also an important tool for self-evaluation to identify strengths and weaknesses, and seek self-improvement.
Plant disease control
Types and features of diseases in plants and crops. Different kinds control methods, activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the type of plant or crop, environmental and climate conditions and health and safety regulations. Storage and handling of products.
Different types of greenhouses (plastic, glass) and other horticultural facilities such as hotbed, seedbed, irrigations systems, storage and protective facilities etc.
Environmental legislation in agriculture and forestry
Awareness on enviromental legislation, policies, principles relevant for agriculture and forestry. Awareness of the impact on the enviroment of local agricultural precedures and practices. Means to adjust the production to new enviromental regulations and policies.
The techniques of selectively removing parts of trees and plants to foster better growth and regeneration.
The standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilisation.
Pest control in plants
Types and features of pests in plants and crops. Different kinds of pest control methods, activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the type of plant or crop, environmental and climate conditions and health and safety regulations. Storage and handling of products.
Types of storage facilities
Different types of devices and facilities used to hold information and their quality criterias.
Quality criteria for storage facilities
Quality criteria for storage facilities such as safe locking systems, ventilation, regularly inspected fireproofing systems, etc.
Plant harvest methods
The various methods, timing and equipment involved in harvesting different crops and plants.
Crop production principles
Principles in growing crops, the natural cycle, nursing of nature, growth conditions and principles of organic and sustainable production. Quality criterias and requirements of seeds, plants and crop.
Diversity of soil elements and types of soil in relation to plant growth.
Develop agricultural production plans
Develop plans for planting, calculate crop input requirements for all stages of the growth.
Operate horticulture equipment
Operate horticultural equipment and assist with servicing. Ensure that vehicles are roadworthy before starting the work.
Carry out plant growing activities. Carry out grow control considering the required terms and conditions for specific plant type.
Maintain plant soil nutrition
Manage and support overall soil nutrition. Practice sustainable gardening techniques and integrated pest management in gardens both outdoor and indoor.
Monitor orchards, fields and production areas to forecast when crops will be fully grown. Estimate how much damage the weather may cause to crops.
Store and preserve crops in accordance with standards and regulations to ensure their quality. Ensure that storage facilities are kept according to hyginic standards, regulating temperature, heating and air conditioning of storage facilities.
Supervise hygiene procedures in agricultural settings
Ensure that hygiene procedures in agricultural settings are followed, taking into account the regulations of specific areas of action e.q. livestock, plants, local farm products, etc.
Analyse and identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; formulate and plan alternatives.
Manage production enterprise
Organise and instruct staff, plan production strategies and programmes including sales. Carry out input purchase orders, materials, equipment and manage stocks etc. Awareness of demands of the businesses customers and adjustments accordingly to plans and strategies. Estimate resources and control budget of enterprise applying business economics, production development and project management principles.
Ensure soil fertility
Analyse soil to determine type and quantity of fertiliser required for maximum production.
Coordinate greenhouse environment
Take care of the heating and cooling of greenhouses. Work together with the Grounds and Buildings Manager in keeping the irrigation systems and the horticultural equipment in good condition.
Store products to ensure the quality and in accordance with standards and regulations. Ensure the stock facilities are kept according to hygiene standards, regulating temperature, heating and air conditioning of storage facilities.
Make independent operating decisions
Make immediate operating decisions as necessary without reference to others, taking into account the circumstances and any relevant procedures and legislation. Determine alone which option is the best for a particular situation.
Prepare planting area
Prepare planting area and soil for planting by for example fertilising, mulching by hand or using mechanical tools or machinery; prepare seeds and plants for sowing and planting by enuring the quality of seed and plants.Sow and plant by hand, using mechanical tools or machinery and in accordance with national legislation.
Carry out propagation activities by appling appropriate propagation methods such as grafted cutting propagation or generative propagation considering the plant type. Carry out propagation control considering the required terms and conditions for specific plant type.
Create soil and plant improvement programmes
Develop and advise on implementation of soil health and plant nutrition programs.
Mow, pick or cut agricultural products manually or using appropriate tools and machinery. Taking into account the relevant quality criteria of products, hygiene prescriptions and using the appropriate methods.
Execute disease and pest control activities
Execute disease and pest control activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the climate, plant or crop type, health and safety and environmental regulations. Store and handle pesticides in accordance with recomandation and legislation.
Maintain storage facilities
Maintain or ensure the maintenance of cleaning equipment, heating or air conditioning of storage facilities and the temperature of premises.
Carry out pruning with relevant tools, related to the different purposes like maintenance pruning, pruning for growth, pruning for fruiting, debudding and volume reduction.
Supervise crop production
Supervise and analyse overall crop production in order to ensure effective production process, taking into account the environmental regulations.
Use agricultural information systems and databases
Use relevant information systems and databases to plan, manage and operate agricultural enterprise and production.
Maintain plant health
Manage and support overall plant health. Practice sustainable gardening techniques and integrated pest management in gardens both outdoor and indoor.
Are you interested in becoming a Crop Growing Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.