JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a client in the agri-solutions industry, we are recruiting a Global Head of Sales to scale up their team. They are looking for someone who has a high level of self motivation, with managerial experience and a great track record in sales.
The Global Head of Sales will be responsible for:
- meeting sales targets within assigned regions and accounts
- motivating and managing the sales team
- designing strategic sales plans
- Developing and promoting sales objectives
- Improving sales processes and pipeline management
- Working together with customers to better understand their goals and business needs
- Generating sales reports and forecasts for East Africa
If you are interested to be part of a compassionate, driven team that treats you like family and emphasizes open communication, and you are keen on earning commission and closing deals, this might just be the opportunity you were looking for.
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: email@example.com.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
Our client is a fast-growing technology company delivering solutions to agribusinesses in emerging markets.
1. To lead the development and retention of new and existing clients in the agribusiness industry in East Africa.
2. Engage in industry building spaces to raise the commercial profile of the company brand and expand commercial network and partnerships.
3. Grow the existing distribution partnerships to increase the scope and reach of the company's commercial activity in East Africa.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Strongly motivated and knowledgable individual that is passionate about agriculture.
2. Degree in business, marketing or related topic. Advanced degree an advantage.
3. 5+ years experience in agribusiness or cold chain logistics in East Africa, particularly in Kenya, and/or
4. 5+ years experience in sales and marketing and B2B sales of technology or services in the East Africa region, particularly Kenya.
5. Strong presentation and communication ability and the ability to communicate with C-Suite level clientele.
6. Fluency in English and a working knowledge of Swahili is an advantage.
7. Experience in commercial work in multiple countries in East Africa.
- Full time role based in Nairobi
- Contract will be base pay and commission
- Full drivers license and having a vehicle is an advantage
- Travel outside of Nairobi and around the region at least 25% of time
- This vacancy is open to Kenyan nationals and internationals that have a valid work permit or permanent residency in Kenya
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sales for East Africa based in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Job location: Nairobi preferred. Johannesburg possible.
Chief Operations Officer Job Description
Our client is a fast-growing technology company delivering solutions to agribusinesses in emerging markets.
The COO role requires a dynamic and experienced professional to bring their expertise to the the company's C-Suite. As Chief Operating Officer you will oversee the short-term performance and execution of the commercial strategy of the company, as well as supporting the continuous development of key business units ranging from design to procurement, project management and sales and marketing.
At high level, you will oversee supply chain management, project development and execution, and take full account for budget and commercial performance. You will provide leadership to the operational team, developing and executing on operational controls and management systems, ensure effective internal communications among the global team and network of stakeholders, and work with the C-Suite and Board to develop strategy and ensure operational cost-effectiveness.
This role will offer a competitive remuneration package, management autonomy and opportunities to build and develop a dynamic and growing business in emerging markets.
Key Responsibilities of the Chief Operations Officer:
• Developing, implementing and overseeing the operational budget
• Developing organisational capabilities and improvement of systems and resources for project development and delivery
• Developing, together with staff and C level peers, sales, sourcing and delivery strategies
• Developing operational excellence in the design, management and execution of commercial cold chain projects, including sourcing, incoming and outgoing logistics, sourcing, manufacturing, certification and compliance.
• Developing, together with staff and C level peers, new business lines and service models from concept and testing to productization and scale.
• Developing and ensuring the delivery of after-sales services.
• Ensuring continuous operational performance improvement by managing changes to strategy, structure and resources
• Responsible for supplier selection, acquisition, contracting, and management both for procurement and after sales
• Manages sales, design, procurement, logistics, project management and after sales staff
• Development and oversight of ERP systems, performance monitoring and reporting standards
• Ensuring operational adherence to applicable industry practice and
• Responsible for health and safety within the Company and suppliers’ compliance
• Responsible for product and projects regulatory compliance to standards, norms and practices in the industry
Who You Are
• A strong leader who thrives in a collaborative commercial environment.
• You are analytical and thorough in your approach to problems and opportunities, and instinctively bring structure to complex situations.
• Whatever the task, you constantly strive for excellence.
• You have a proven track record of driving growth and scale in commercial operations in emerging markets.
• You have a degree in business, finance or technology with 10+ years of experience in a senior operations management role, all of which has been gained in the agriculture, cold chain logistics or technology industry.
• You have at least 5 years of experience based in a relevant emerging market, ideally in Africa.
• You have a strong knowledge and understanding of the agri-food industry.
• You are skilled in organisational development, IT systems, personnel management, budget and resource management and strategic planning.
• You have strong business and commercial acumen with track record in dealing with B2B customers and supply chain partners.
• You have strong inter-personal communication skills, public speaking experience and an ability to lead and influence at an executive level.
• Desirable: A Master’s degree in supply chain, finance, business or engineering
• An ability and willingness to travel or relocate as required for the successful execution of the job will be important.
NOTE: Only national and resident candidates will be considered.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you that pioneer who is going to start a new location for our client? Do you see yourself setting up a large, professional farm in close consultation with management in Europe? Where you will work with a team of people every day to produce a quality product? Then you might be the new innovative production Manager we are looking for.
What kind of job is it?
The company we are recruiting for is one the largest breeding and cutting horticultural companies in the world. You will start with a few weeks of training in Europe. This so that you learn what processes the various sites go through and what role the production locations in Africa play in this. With this knowledge you will leave for Kenya. You are going to set up a new location there. You will conduct discussions with local authorities to ensure that everything runs smoothly. You put together a decisive team of production managers and local managers to subsequently realize the correct management of the (production) processes and cultivation technology around the cutting products. Of course you are constantly working on optimizing processes.
What are we looking for?
You are a true pioneer. You want to be challenged to find creative solutions. Flexibility is an important feature of you. You are intensively involved in the cultivation processes of our cutting material. It is nice if you have a college education (horticulture related) or experience in which you can demonstrate this knowledge. And of course you see it as a challenge to get started on a new African farm.
What makes you happy?
An adventurous job where no day is the same. Working in a nice team to deliver a top product together every day gives you energy. Excellent employment conditions and room to develop your talents are self-evident.
Are you interested in becoming an innovative Production Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Finance Manager (6 months contract)
The Senior Finance Manager performs all aspects of financial management, management and regulatory financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, researching accounting policies, issued and effective IFRS for BitPesa entities, in different jurisdictions and in multi-currencies. He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making. The responsibilities also include ensuring monthly & annual tax and statutory reports are submitted in time, manage external audits exercise, and ad hoc projects. The role will also support business partnering and development initiatives.
This is a temporary position, with a duration of 6 months, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Maintain complete books of records for the parent and subsidiaries entities reviewing all bookings and journals passed in the accounting software.
- Oversee Senior Finance Associate in book keeping and accounting functions relating to client transaction, treasury trades across entities in multi-currencies.
- Responsible for general ledger management, balance sheet account reconciliations and accounting controls for posting to the accounting software across entities.
- Provide oversight on treasury and bank statement reconciliation, reconciliation approval in multiple currencies across different countries of operations.
- Provide oversight on month end work plan, coordination, timeline management and finance/accounting concerns.
- Oversee the preparation of month end PnL, balance sheet and cashflow statement, translations and consolidation.
- Review and oversee the Inter-company/ related parties’ transactions, loans, interest expenses and reconciliation in line with the group operations guidelines.
- Provide leadership to Senior Finance Associate on volume and margin reporting, client settlement liability reconciliation, fixed asset management, depreciation, amortization, accrual and prepayment accounting.
- Experience in developing, researching, interpretation, updating implementation of accounting policies, standard operating procedures and IFRS standards issued and effective as may affect the accounting finance operations.
- Support the team in finance process automation, cost benefit analysis, accounting ratios preparation and interpretation.
- Oversee and manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget reports, budget vs actual report preparations and variance analysis.
- Financial planning & analysis duties and commentaries as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of regulatory budget reports and forecast.
- Monitor regulated entity capital requirements and balance sheet ratios.
- Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax, Company Income and all relevant taxes accounting and management.
- Championing tax audit and administration across entities in different jurisdiction.
- Ensuring compliance with tax and other statutory requirements in the countries we are incorporated.
- Liaising with tax consultant and regulators for tax queries resolution.
- Transfer pricing policy implementation.
- Manage and oversee individual external audit exercise.
- Work with Senior Financial Associates on delivering audit work plan and execution.
- Group consolidated audit.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Head of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business administration, finance, accounting, or related field from a well recognised university.
- CPA or ACCA qualification.
- 7 to 9 years’ experience within finance/ corporate finance.
- Strong background in financial management systems with a thorough understanding of financial regulations.
- Experience working for fast-growth, rapidly-scaling companies is an added advantage.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- A strong and flexible work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive remuneration.
- A fun and positive working culture.
- A diverse team of bright, energetic and creative individuals.
- Meaningful work by helping people living in emerging markets.
- Work in a company where your voice and ideas are heard.
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Finance Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is an international company in Food Production and for their operations in Kenya we are looking for an accountant.
Recently the company opened a new office in Kenya. Located in Nairobi they make sure their products will be available at all times for their customers. They are looking for an Administrative/accounting employee.
- Debt collecting
- Keeping track of outstanding payments
- Have contact with responsible account managers regarding the outstanding payments
- Manage all incoming and outgoing transactions
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- All pre-work for bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting role is a must preferably in a international firm
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and good record-keeping skills a must
- Experience in Excel, Outlook and Work.
Are you interested in becoming an Accountant in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.