JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Trainer for Ecological Peacebuilding and Interreligious Dialogue (m/f/x), Nairobi, Kenya
Your work with AGIAMONDO and the Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya (AOSK)
AGIAMONDO is the personnel service of German Catholics for development cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS), we offer professionals the opportunity for meaningful service in cooperation with local development actors. The CPS is a personnel program for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. It works for a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Together with church and civil society partner organizations in Burundi, AGIAMONDO wants to contribute to the civil conflict resolution there and to the sustainable and just development of the country as well as the Great Lakes region through peacebuilding measures.
The Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya (AOSK) was founded in 1962 and consists of more than 164 congregations uniting over 7,000 religious sisters in 25 dioceses in Kenya. In 1991, the Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Commission (JPIC) of the Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya was established. They address issues of socio-economic, political and cultural injustice.
AOSK JPIC's mission is to bring about lasting change to the situation in Kenya through education in the area of civil and human rights. By training leaders, especially women, it aims to empower them to advocate for human rights, public order, pollution control, and sustainable use of natural resources, among others.
Kenya is characterized by numerous regional, politico-socially based conflicts. These are mostly based on access to natural resources, especially water and land. Kenya, as well as the rest of the Horn of Africa, is particularly affected by the impacts of climate change. While global warming is causing prolonged droughts in the northern part of the country, it is also causing high variability in rainfall, leading to severe soil erosion, flooding and mudslides.
The climate crisis has the potential to exacerbate conflict by exacerbating social conflict, negative political dynamics, and insecurity and fragility.
Accordingly, the objective of the job is to build capacity in the areas of environmental peacebuilding as well as inter-religious dialogue within the structures of the Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- Designing and implementing trainings and trainings on ecological peacebuilding and inter-religious dialogue for the staff* of the partner organization.
- Development and implementation of context-oriented projects in the field of ecological peacebuilding at the community level.
- Development of a manual for environmental peacebuilding and interreligious dialogue.
- Properly disburse and manage funds locally in accordance with donor guidelines and AGIAMONDO requirements. In doing so, they work in partnership with the AOSK.
- You have a Master's degree in a relevant subject e.g. Environmental Peacebuilding, Sociology, Peace and Conflict Studies or Religious Studies.
- You bring practical experience in designing and delivering trainings, ideally in the field of environmental peacebuilding.
- You can demonstrate knowledge in the implementation of environmental peacebuilding programs. Experience working at the community level is an asset.
- Additional experience in interfaith dialogue as well as research work is a plus.
- You possess a Class B driver's license and are business fluent in English. Knowledge of Swahili is an advantage.
- You are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland, belong to a Christian church and identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace work.
Are you interested in becoming a Trainer for Ecological Peacebuilding in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Finance Manager's core role is to provide information about the financial and business situation as well as develop, implement and maintain policies for planning and control.
The Finance Manager ensures the formulation and, after approval by the General Manager, implementation of the F&A strategy (overheads/indirect costs) of the Operating Company (OpCo), in line with the Divisional strategy and corporate guidelines of holding company, in order to ensure the availability and reliability of adequate (financial) information as well as to contribute to the realisation of the business strategy of the OpCo.
The Finance Manager usually acts as deputy for the OpCo General Manager.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Strategy: Formulates a financial strategy, consistent with the business strategy and corporate guidelines, which after approval by the General Manager, results in short and (mid) long term plans for the department and a framework for the key areas of the department.
- Financial Accounting: Manage the financial accounting, control and administration organization, processes and systems (general ledger, balance-sheet, P&L statement, cash (flow)/liquidity management, FX, treasury, local tax regulations, insurances, payroll, etc.).
- Business Year Planning and Forecasting: Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the company, in line with the strategy of the company, in order to give, after approval by the General Manager, guidance for the activities of the department. Plans, organizes, co-ordinates and supports the monthly business forecasting process and analyzes to budget.
- Financial Control: Ensures the timely and accurate availability of financial plans, reports and budgets, within corporate guidelines, in order to give management adequate insight into the financial situation
- Management Advice: Proactively advises management in decisions with substantial financial consequences, and takes care of financial analyses to support these decisions, within corporate guidelines, to ensure financial awareness in decision making and to minimize financial risks.
- Risk Management: Plans, directs and controls risk-management, supervises and controls the handling of claims, within corporate guidelines, in order to guarantee a balance between the financial (economic) risks and the costs of insurance
- Tax Management: Ensures the handling of local tax matters, in line with corporate tax guidelines, in order to comply with relevant local tax rules and legislation.
- Administrative Organisation: Ensures the formulation of the administrative organisation, in line with corporate guidelines, in order to safeguard effective and controllable administrative processes.
- Budget Control: Controls the budget of the department, takes corrective actions when necessary, and ensures adequate reporting, within the corporate guidelines, to ensure that the department delivers its budget and meets KPI objectives.
- Human Resource Management: Organises, manages, develops and staffs the department, in order to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimisation of business results.
- Deputy duties: Finance Manager may be acting as deputy of the General Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University education in finance and/or accounting.
- CPA(K) qualified
- Hands-on financial professional, experienced as being Finance responsible for reporting Profit/Loss & Balance sheet within an International Business and/or Accounting Firm.
- Experience with SAP or other recognized ERP system is strongly preferred.
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office
- Strong communication skills (oral and written English)
- Enjoys analysing numbers
- Preferably experience within manufacturing industry
- Able to demonstrate Integrity, Honesty & Loyalty
- Entrepreneurial self-starter; an ability to take initiatives and get things done.
- A team player with an international, independent, pragmatic, result oriented attitude.
- Comfortable with a small team and end responsibility for financial results (correctness; timeliness)
- Capable working under tight deadlines.
COMMUNICATONS AND WORKING RELATONSHIPS:
- General Manager
- Finance Director
- Commercial Manager
- HR Officer
- Production Lead
- Legal – Compliance
- Direct reports (2 at the moment, subject to change)
- Key Accounts–Decision Makers (Operations Managers, General Managers etc)
- Government–Policy, Legal & Compliance issues
- Industry Stakeholders
SCOPE OF IMPACT:
- Excellent working relationship with business partners/stakeholders.
- Achieving financial reporting and tax / regulatory compliance
If meet the requirements and you're interested in the role, apply via the button below / email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For one of our clients, we are seeking candidates who are interested in working at the forefront of health and development, in a dynamic, innovative, international, expert environment.
Your role is to:
• Lead and implement the strategy in Kenya
• Advocate for and continue development and implementation of partners and create business opportunities
• Support the design and development of digital solutions
• Collaborate with and contribute to the leadership team to identify opportunities
• Input into overall organizational strategic planning process through development of recommendations and proposals
• Master's degree in healthcare quality management, Accreditation, Strategy Management or Business Development
• An obtained additional health-related degree is preferred
• At least five years post qualification experience, with experience in working a multi-cultural environment
• Analytical skills in planning and budget review
• Ability and availability to travel in country and international
Our client offers an exciting and dynamic international environment, to bring quality standards, tools and data to healthcare providers, insurers and investors in Africa, and the opportunity to work with international and local public and private sector partners to ensure long term sustainability and ownership of your work. Are you interested in becoming a Director in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
PAIX Data Centres (PAIX) is a fast-growing provider of cloud- and carrier neutral colocation data centre services, doing ground-breaking work in the African datacentre industry. PAIX designs, builds and operates carrier neutral data centres on the African continent.
The company’s vision is: To be the heart of Africa's digital economy, enabling our customers to enhance their value proposition effectively interconnecting their business with their communities of interest, for a better, healthier, wealthier, and more inclusive Africa.
PAIX has it roots in the Netherlands, but is growing on the African continent with current operations in Ghana and in Kenya.
We are seeking a CFO who will partner with our CEO and enable the business to expand, both in our current footprint and in new markets including Francophone African countries. The expansion can be both organic and through M&A.
We are looking for an experienced CFO who will contribute to managing the business.
The CFO will be responsible for comprehensive and insightful performance analytics, reporting, and disciplined control to drive continuous margin improvement, while leading a team that supports financial oversight, risk management, accounting, and finance.
At PAIX, you will be working with a young and ambitious team, expecting you to "roll up your sleeves" and lead the finance function, and have a chance to focus on your career in a unique technology environment on a global scale. This requires you to be hands-on and flexible to act with the highest level of integrity and trustworthiness, be energetic and capable of driving results in an entrepreneurial environment.
∙ Your primary focus will be in developing and leading the company's international finance function. Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting & auditing (Investor & Board Reporting). This all in order to enable the business to expand, both in our current footprint and new country operations in Francophone Africa
∙ You are responsible for the development of a financial strategy, the on-going development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This includes the financing of our expansion into new markets, financial planning, managing, and preparing budgets, analysis and financially managing projects
∙ Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
∙ Develop reporting (dashboards) and procedures, to have cost accounting and track performance by metrics/KPIs (Pricing, Cash Flow forecasting, Budget vs Actuals, etc)
∙ You completed a MSc in Accounting, Finance, business economics or another relevant field and you are CPA / CA qualified
∙ You have 5-8 years’ experience in a fast-growing setting (start-up to scale up)
∙ You have 5 years of experience in a BIG-4 firm
∙ You have experience working in a PE-backed or publicly listed company, with involvement in M&A
∙ You are tech-savvy, process-driven, policy-minded, and people-oriented
Ideally, you also have
∙ In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
∙ Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
∙ Sound knowledge around business, its financial dynamics, and regulatory requirements across tax/commercial/banking/exchange regulations
∙ Excellent communication, analytical, reasoning, people, and problem-solving skills
∙ Strong leadership and organizational skills
∙ Strong appeal to the Telecommunications (data centre, IT or towers) sector
∙ Financial work experience in East and/or West Africa
What We Offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development.
Candidate would ideally work from our Nairobi office.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact cfoPAIX@jobnetafrica.com
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: email@example.com.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
You will be busy with the optimization of the production process, but also the cultivation technology and protection of the crops. Other activities are managing and coordinating the employees on the farm. You are responsible for the maintenance of the equipment and for all the working processes. You both lead and actively participate on the farm. Our client is looking for a person who can grow within the company. Optimizing and improving processes is an ongoing activity.
- Experience in cultivation technology and processes
- Technical knowledge of agricultural equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of crop protection
- Perfect control of the English language
- Good communicative skills
- Flexible and no 9-5 mentality
- Driver’s license
- A bachelor degree in the agricultural field
- An agricultural background
- Experience with tropical farming is an advantage.
You are also able to work under pressure and work accurately.
What our client offers:
You will get a lot of responsibility regarding the whole farm and you are free to implement your plans and vision for the farm. There will be contact on regular basis with the head office of the company in Europe, where there is a very open work culture. You will be working in a unique international and multicultural team.
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Director in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
To formulate and implement strategy of the sales and marketing department to ensure a strong, innovative, and well positioned and growing sales operation in line with business objectives.
Support business growth strategies to help meet company goals and Budget. Formulates, together with the General Manager, the commercial strategy, consistent with the business strategy.
Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the department, including budget(s), market developments, financial and other business objectives.
Develops and maintains an efficient sale, (support) organization, according to the framework of the year plans, to obtain the quantitative and qualitative sales targets. Provide on-the-ground support for sales and technical as they generate leads and close new deals.
Manage Key accounts in the region.
Oversee demand planning and customer service to optimize support processes.
Organizes, manages, develops, and staffs the department in line with corporate guidelines, to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimization of business results. Coaches his/her team on a regular basis to achieve team and individual targets.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Biological sciences OR Veterinary medicine plus a Master’s/ MBA
A university degree in business or biological science and at least 3 years of relevant experience or Diploma with 5 years relevant experience. An MBA is an added advantage.
Industry knowledge and experience – preferably fish nutrition experience OR animal nutrition experience
Frequent travelling within the region doing client visits and business development
Excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites
Coaching: can guide and develop the team for optimal business growth and development.
Adaptability: Has the ability to quickly adapt to dramatic and continued changes in the workplace or environment or changes in the way things are done. Has a high learning agility to either grow vertically or horizontally.
Guiding the business: Knows company's goals, objectives, strategy, needs, strengths, and weaknesses to understand the capabilities and resources available to address the market opportunities and are better placed to guide staff.
Communication: Report writing and presenting at senior management level. Synthesizes information and can communicate the big picture to executive-level clients, peers, and team members. Gaining others support for ideas, proposals, and solutions, and getting others to take action to advance work objectives.
Technical, sales, and sales support team.
Key accounts, Customers, Distributors,
Government–Policy, Legal & Compliance issues
Superfood, super healthy.
Moringa is the new superfood, but at LEAFS they take it a step further. They want to make a difference through impact. With their choices and targets they make impact through every Moringa seed sown. From production to distribution; from their fields in Kwale Country to the worldwide moringa market. Every step in the supply chain is managed by LEAFS.
LEAFS is a trustworthy partner for reliable supply of organically certified Moringa, dry powder and tea leaves. They are currently looking for a General Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about combining organic plant growing and processing experience with a passion for people management.
Contributing to the success, means jointly creating employment opportunities supporting over thousands of families so far. LEAFS contributes to regional business and economic growth and helps overcome some of the most severe problems in the developing world like malnutrition, deforestation, impure water, and poverty.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the efficiency and growth of the production plant. The production started from the first 100 acres of trees planted in beginning of the year, resulted in 2 million trees so far. The first harvest and processing is planned Q4 2021.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• P&L responsible for the daughter company in Kenya.
• Responsible for leading the management team, coach and set the example.
• Focus on professionalizing working processes, SOP’s and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Implement continuous improvement as way of working
• Ensure compliancy with company policies and make sure safety procedures are in place.
• Managing by walking around, checking on processes and progress
• Verify quality of product, and partner with QA to ensure all areas are in compliance with production and safety processes
• Provide management reporting towards directors in The Netherlands
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related
• Minimum of 5 yrs. management experience and a proven track record with (organic) crop production and / or processing
• Good people management skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to contribute ideas on how to expand and diversify the operation
• Excellent communication skills in both local and international stakeholder management
• Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for growth
• Multi-task oriented and very well organized
• Hands-on mentality, not afraid of decision making
• Africa experience is a must
• Willing to relocate to Diani Beach area
Do you want to contribute to a healthy, strong and sustainable world through LEAFS? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page!