JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For our client in Ivory Coast, we are recruiting a PMO a Project Management Officer that defines the standards for project management and the development of the business. The main purpose of the role is to make sure that projects and programs are run in a repeatable, standardized way.
In this role you are the backbone of the project management approach of the organisation and you underpin the project delivery mechanisms by ensuring that all business change in an organization is managed in a controlled way. You will support project management teams.
Based: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Salary range: €3400- 4500 gross a month + additional benefits (no accommodation included)
• Collaborate and align with the Group PMO to continue to develop best practices in all areas of the PMO; e.g. portfolio / gate reviews, project management, reporting & analytics, IBP link, financials, etc.
• Actively coach and mentor project organization members and provide leadership in all areas of PPM practices, including to the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that project discipline is followed throughout the business
• Provides input to IBP (Integrated Business Planning), Budgeting and business plans to reflect the project & initiative pipeline projected outcomes.
• Facilitates activities such as structured brainstorming and idea generation to drive continuous improvement in the region.
• Support the Regional business development during Annual budgets, Integrated Business Planning, Strategy formulation and 3 year Business planning
• Responsible for the Regional portfolio; maintaining an up-to-date overview of the Regional projects/initiatives portfolio status, value, timing impact and strategic fit to provide a thorough and consistent overview ensuring projects are aligned with the Group/ Business Strategy and annual Business Plan objectives
• Develop a project delivery performance culture in the organization to ensure the successful execution of projects (on time in full) and business results are realized/achieved as per the commitments.
• Provides leadership on change effectiveness when implementing process changes and support the execution of the key business projects
• Bi-lingual in English and French
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance or other Business related degree
• 7+ years business experience in business roles, operations, finance or any other business exposure.
• General understanding and application of principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards around business process improvements and portfolio/project management.
• Good understanding of the Project Delivery Process (PDP) and key project deliverables (e.g. Project Charter, Value proposition, Business case development, Financial modelling/ Sensitivity Analysis, Risks Management, etc.)
• Hands-on with Data/Systems - ability to fluently navigate in to systems/ slice-dice data/make reports
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Regional Agronomist, West Africa
Country/Regional Name: West Africa based in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Reporting to: Regional Director, Inputs and Agrochemicals
Our client, a leading global commodities merchant and sustainable supply chain management company, is seeking a technically strong and highly commercial agronomist with a strategic approach and entrepreneurial mindset to build up its agronomy division across West Africa.
We are looking for an expert in agronomy who will be a focus point internally for agrochemicals and sustainability programmes to manage our clients crop’s itinerary (products and good agricultural practices). S/he will also be responsible for business development / managing relationships with key external stakeholders e.g. clients, ministries, technical institutions. The postholder must be fluent in both French and English.
The Regional Agronomist will be an individual with extensive practical agronomy experience. This could be experience either agronomically manage plantations for tree crops or dealing with small holder farmers on the agronomy side. S/he will have to demonstrate commercial knowledge to be able to improve agronomic interventions and also provide commercial support to such interventions.
The Regional Agronomist role is a cross- business and functional role and is responsible for a wide variety of interventions:
- Responsible of crop’s itineraries in terms of:
o Products portfolio
o Good agricultural practices
o Protocols for demo, development research trials, etc
o Product’s registration (national and with private standards)
o Responsible of the regulatory and development budget
o Signing off any technical information released internally and externally
- Create and manage demo plot to demonstrate impact of our agrochemical Crop Doctor Products. Also create and manage demo plots for other businesses
- Support and develop technical content to be used in products and services distribution to farmers;
- Technical lead for Farm management services business that is being developed in West Africa region;
- Create a top quality agronomy team that provides best in class support to our client's businesses in West Africa and ensure it alignment with the company’s business strategy;
- Partner with SMS Advisory Services, SMS Farm management Services and Crop Doctor business
- Manage the continuous innovation processes incl. monitoring for new technologies, particularly with rural practices
- Effectively report on new experiments and findings to build a consistent knowledge base across the WAF region;
- Build and own relationships with external agronomy research institutions;
- Build and develop relations with large plantation owners and with other businesses to create a shared knowledge bank.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Post graduate degree in agriculture/ agronomy
● Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the agribusiness sector
● Work experience in the agrochemicals sector, farmer training and support and/ or innovation of new products in the West African environment, highly advantageous
● Excellent technical agronomic and commercial skills
● Equally strategic whilst willing and able to be hands on in the field
● Ability to travel extensively within West Africa
● Fluent in French and English
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Agronomist West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER/ SR. PROJECT ENGINEER
Location: Ivory Coast Abidjan
Area: Manufacturing/ food processing
Purpose of the role
The main purpose of this position, is to lead the construction activities on a project in our cocoa factory, in this project the capacity of the factory will be extended by 50% while the current operation need to continue operations while respecting all the high safety and high food safety standards. This position reports to the Build Manager and has three engineers as direct reports.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to lead the build activities with a zero injury expectation while achieving the technical aspects of the project objectives. She/he will be delivering his targets while ensuring compliance with requirements from companies’ Corporate Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs BU and Environmental, Health and Safety BU. Moreover the successful candidate will have to maintain control of project technical aspects by measuring performance and taking corrective action.
The core general skills required for the role are:
Technical solid background and experiences (either mechanical or electrical)
Proven experience executing projects at production locations
Bilingual (English / French), Good written and oral communications skills.
Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments, contractors, suppliers and regulatory agencies, and influence relevant stakeholders.
Ability to apply companies’ policies and procedures in the areas of health, safety, environmental and food safety.
The candidate would ideally have the below profile
Bachelor / Master Degree in Technical Field
Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in engineering and construction environments
Experience in supervising contractors
Are you interested in becoming a Project Engineer in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Primary location: Ivory Coast, with frequent travel to The Netherlands
Our client provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to help the world.
Purpose of the role
The Construction Project Manager will work to deliver a safe, regulatory compliant and competitive project and lead the expansion project of the factory in Ivory Coast. He/she is responsible for the design, the engineering and the construction of the project.
The main purpose of the Construction Project Manager is being responsible for the project, to define and manage the scope, schedule and budget of the project. Below elements are integral part of the project.
• Health and Safety
• Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs
• Environmental and Energy
• Cost Engineering (budget, schedule, manpower resources)
The project will be executed with in house engineering in combination with a 3rd party Engineering Service Provider.
During construction, the Construction Project Manager will lead / manage the construction and installation activities on site (via supervisors, managers) and will make sure the installation is done safely, in scope, within budget & time and in line with the required quality as designed in earlier phases.
• Champions and reinforces the employers behavioural based safety process and zero fatalities
• Provides vision to the project team
• Lead the engineering based in Holland
• Lead the local team based in IVC
• Provides mentorship, coaching and development for team members and functional leads as appropriate.
• Ensure the project will be executed according to the defined timelines
• Prepares the plan for how the Construction project is executed, monitored and controlled
• delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations
• implement tools to ensure the project will be delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations tools to be used:
o Cost control
o Scope control
o Additional work
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems Engineering or other engineering discipline OR Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Field and minimum 10 years industrial experience.
• Fluent in English and French
• Demonstrated experience working with Environmental, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs experts to plan and execute the project to comply with the laws of the country for the project
• Experience managing Construction(Construction) Projects of at least $20MM investment.
• Experience leading projects from FEL1 through Execution.
• Experience working across multiple project teams and locations.
• Experience leading multifunctional teams.
• Experiencing applying Project Controls Principle throughout a project (Work Breakdown Structure, Cost Breakdown structure, estimating methods & validation, project execution planning and cost & schedules
• Experience managing Construction Projects up to $50MM investment.
• Strong influencing skills, ability to work across the organization and with multiple functions
• Demonstrated skills at managing and leading in complex and ambiguous situations
• Experience in working in West Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Project Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s) have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Senior Vice-Presidency complex (SNVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve it strategic objective, and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results. The SNVP will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions. The SNVP leads senior management discussions, decisions-making process and the implementation of key board and management decisions.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Strategy and Operational Policy Department (SNSP) plays a key role in shaping a corporate vision and a strategic perspective for the African Development Bank (AfDB) as well as developing the operational policies aimed at guiding the Bank’s agenda.
The primary roles of the department are: (i) to develop and help maintain (along with other units) corporate strategies and operational policies necessary for the Bank to deliver according to the spirit of its Charter and in line with the Bank’s 2013-2022 Strategy, the High 5 priorities, and other strategies; (ii) to play a prominent role in keeping the Bank a strategy-focused organization in line with its policies; (iii) to support the Bank in raising its profile and engaging strategically at international fora, as well as to foster cross-fertilization and greater coordination with other MDBs ; and, (iv) to lead the Bank in the development of a new culture of innovation and change, including the incubation of new financial/non-financial products and business lines.
The key objectives of the position of the Division Manager Corporate Strategy and Policy will be to:
- Provide overall leadership in the preparation and dissemination of policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures as well as in providing policy/strategic advice across the Bank
- Provide overall leadership in the assessment of countries eligibility to Bank financing ;
- Manage the Division’s human/budgetary resources and work program to ensure full delivery on the Department’s work program.
- Play a supporting role for staff delivery and promote individual staff development in the work place.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director – Strategy and Operational Policies, the Division Manager Corporate Strategy and Policy will perform the following duties:
A. Provide overall leadership in the preparation and dissemination of policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures as well as in providing policy/strategic advice across the Bank
1. Prepare the annual work program for Policy/Strategy/Guidelines including the development of new guiding documents as well as the review and/or revision of the existing ones.
2. Allocate the various policies/strategies of the work program to the most relevant task managers and monitor progress.
3. Provide the task managers with guidance and quality control in the preparation and the review of the policy/strategy document.
4. Ensure that during the process of policy/strategy development, consultations are broadly conducted both across the Bank and externally.
5. Lead on the processing of policies and strategies throughout the Bank’s review process and ensure that comments received are adequately addressed in the revised papers.
6. Prepare, along with the Task manager, the presentation to Board’s committee and/or the Board of policies/strategies for review or approval. Assist the Director during such presentation to the Board or sit for him/her.
7. Provide Operations Complexes with advice on policy compliance, strategic alignment as well as best practice operational approaches for the design and processing of their lending and non-lending operations.
8. Lead on the updating of the Bank’s Operations Manual and its dissemination, including on the maintenance of the Operations Manual’s webpage.
9. Coordinate with the policy/strategy shops of sister Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) on the activities of the MDB Forum on Policy and participate in such meetings, as required.
10. Consult, as deemed appropriate, other MDBs on policies/strategies being developed for the Bank.
11. Identify emerging international issues and assess their potential implications on Bank’s policies, strategies and development assistance, and provide accordingly advice on the Bank’s response to these issues.
B. Provide overall leadership in the assessment of countries eligibility to Bank financing ;
12. Lead on the updating and dissemination of the Bank’s classification of countries, which defines their eligibility to the various financing windows of the Bank Group. Follow up regularly on the Debt sustainability status of the 54 Regional Member Countries, based on the Debt Sustainability Analysis (DSA) exercise lead by the IMF and the World Bank and provide a regular update on the resulting country classification.
13. Lead on the identification of countries the status of which requires a creditworthiness assessment for potential graduation or downgrade;
14. Undertake, in close collaboration with the Group Chief Risk Department, the creditworthiness assessment of countries likely to graduate or to be downgraded for submission to the Senior Management approval. Prepare the related information notes for the Board.
15. Undertake, in close collaboration with the Group Chief Risk Department, the identification of ADF-only countries likely to be eligible to limited ADB sovereign guaranteed loans.
16. Undertake, in close collaboration with the Group Chief Risk Department, a special risk assessment of the ADF countries potentially eligible to limited DAB sovereign guaranteed resources and submit such assessment to the Bank’s Credit Risk Committee (CRC) for approval. Prepare the related information notes for the Board.
C. Manage the Division’s human/budgetary resources and work program to ensure full delivery on the Department’s work program.
17. Initiate the recruitment of staff to fill the vacant positions available. Draft the vacancy notices and provide CHRM with all the required support for disseminating the requests for applications, the long-listing and short-listing of applicants, and the composition of interview panels. Sitting in the interview panels, as required.
18. Preparing requests for additional staffing within the framework of the budgeting process as well as ad-hoc requests. Proposing new structure for the Division/Department, in the context of global institutional restructuring or fine-tuning, as appropriate.
19. During annual budgetary exercise, consolidate budget proposals for the Division/Department based on headcount and work program.
20. Propose, based on the work program priorities, an allocation of the resources available for consultancy services, missions and internal/external consultations, for the Director’s arbitration.
21. Supervise the implementation of the budget, as approved by the Director, in line with the Delegation of authority matrix.
22. Ensure, before end year, that budget balances are optimally utilized through carry-overs, based on the priorities of the upcoming year’s work program.
23. Discuss and agree with all staff, at the beginning of the year, on their work program and performance objectives.
24. Review with all staff, at mid-year, progress achieved as regards their objectives and agree on the way forward.
25. Review the performance of all staff, by end year, and propose performance rating and write-up for Director’s validation.
D. Play a supporting role for staff delivery and promote individual staff development in the work place.
26. During the course of the year, organize review meetings with staff, to assess progress and quality in guiding documents on the drawing board. Help staff in improving the drafting and messaging of their papers.
27. Disseminate among staff high level information that may be useful to their policy/strategy work.
28. Facilitate for staff access to individual development training sessions, mainly on Bank’s official languages and on policy/strategy issues. Advocate for staff participation in internal/external events that increase their awareness on development issues.
29. Facilitate staff mobility, as appropriate.
30. Coordinate the provision of analytical and technical support to Senior Management in preparation and follow up to high-level global policy fora, conferences, including Heads of Multilateral Development Bank (MDB) meetings, United Nations Summits, and represent the Bank in these events, as required
31. Coordinate the Bank’s participation in the work streams of the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) and Regional Development Banks (RDBs), and (co-)represent the Bank in the working groups, including key strategy meetings
32. Collaborate driving an innovation agenda at the Bank by originating new products and processes; and incubate new corporate initiatives
33. Establish effective partnerships with internal, external customers and stakeholders, using a range of communication and facilitation skills towards new initiatives and business improvements.
34. Coordinate the Bank’s relationships with other multilateral development Banks, international organizations, and bilateral agencies at institutional level and strategy matters
35. Provide analytical input and strategic advice for the Bank’s resource mobilization efforts (ADF replenishments, ADB general capital increases, and innovative financing options).
36. Support the HR and performance management of the department, including recruitment, goal setting, learning, feedback, staff performance reviews, performance improvement plans, documentation and record keeping.
37. Work closely with the Director and the Division Manager as a member of the departmental management team; represent the Director and Department at internal and external fora.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master's degree or its university equivalent in economics, Macroeconomics or Development Economics, finance, strategic management, Engineering or related development fields and a broad knowledge of development/operational issues gained through advanced study or work experience. A PhD is an added advantage.
2. Have a minimum of eight (08) years of relevant experience: proven combination of hands-on operational experience with strong analytical skills; good understanding of development economics and specificities of Regional Members Countries (RMCs). Proven exposure to high-level policy development, negotiation, and debate fora.
3. Demonstrated managerial skills
4. Authoritative understanding of principles and concepts of policy/strategy making, strategic planning, global development policy debates and major development issues
5. Excellent knowledge of the Bank or other similar institutions’ policy/strategy process and lending/non-lending products
6. Proven experience in policy/strategy development, strategic planning, financial analysis report writing and reviews; demonstrated experience in impact and scenario analysis.
7. Ability to provide technical leadership to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
8. Capacity to develop and adapt policies, strategies, approaches and models to meet emerging system needs and to enhance the continuing accuracy, integrity and accountability of the Bank's financial resources.
9. Ability to identify and analyze systemic issues, formulate opinions and make conclusions and recommendations to resolve same.
10. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization tailoring language, tone, style and format to match audience.
11. Ability to think “out of the box” and drive institutional change
12. Personal influence Demonstrating Leadership: Leads by example; initiates and supports change
13. Ability to listen to staff; inspire trust and integrity and good conflict resolution management skills.
14. Manages staff and teams effectively; ability to drive the best out of colleagues
15. High level skills in communication and negotiation as well as ability to build partnership with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution.
16. Excellent leadership skills and lateral thinking; high sense of professionalism and initiative in work relations with colleagues and external collaborators; ability to listen to staff; inspire trust and integrity and good conflict resolution management skills.
17. Problem solving and decision making: Solves complex problems and makes decisions that have wider corporate impact
18. Client/results oriented and proactive individual
19. Team working and relations: ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues
20. Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Challenges, innovates and contributes to a learning culture
21. Provide staff with continuous feedback on performance for improvement of delivery.
22. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and preferably SAP.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Are you interested in becoming a Division Manager Corporate Strategy and Policy? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is pursuing poverty by supplying small holder farmers with agricultural inputs and selling their produce in domestic and export markets. The organisation develops innovative technologies for commercial development of crop processing.
The demand across Africa for cassava products is high and therefore we are currently recruiting a Technical Director for overseeing the first mobile processing site in Ivory Coast.
In this role you will be responsible for first-hand hand knowledge of electrical- and mechanical systems within the (mobile) processing-, drying- and refinery units in order to process fresh cassava on-farm or nearby. You will be overseeing the whole site, responsible for training and supervising the team on site and that all operation is running well.
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical system installations and troubleshooting such as machinery, agricultural, construction and industrial machinery but also electrical and electronic equipment and related products.
- Knowledge of PLC and industrial computers used to automate a machine or process
- Ability to lead and manage the full production and manufacturing of the (mobile) factory with regards to the key electrical systems, solvin all technical issues at site, ISO standards and environmental systems.
- Ability and/or experience of working in remote areas, within a multicultural environment preferably in (West) Africa
- Work closely with technical operating staff and provide training for maintenance and use of mobile factory and machinery guidance
- Experience in large food processing sites or plants
- Fluent in French (mother tongue) and English is an absolute must
• USD 3500-4500 a month
• Startdate a.s.a.p.
• Location: site is about 50km from Yamoussoukro
• Housing, benefits, medical, insurance, car
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Director in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
This position is responsible for overseeing the entire logistics and shipping process for its multiple Commodities business including cocoa and cashew. The duty is to organize the storage and distribution of those commodities ensuring efficient and cost effective logistics management covering transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the quality and flow of goods. The ideal postholder must be fluent in both French and English.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Keys activities for this role include:
1) Documentation Management
Manage and co-ordinate the required documentation linked to the entire logistics and transportation process along the supply chain
Co-ordinate with shipping companies and freight brokers to ensure an effective distribution process
2) Logistics and Inventory Management
Manage the entire logistics chain, including warehousing & distribution, movement tracking, offloading and inventory process, meeting inventory targets and fulfilling contractual obligations as well as providing rolling forecasts
Manage suppliers at the warehouse and liaise with warehouse labour out-sourcing contractors on manpower supply arrangements
Co-ordinate upcountry warehouses
Optimize and manage inventories for both normal and unusual conditions and minimize stock-outs
Control the required distribution of stock
Co-ordinate shipping arrangements
3) Product quality control
Manage the quality of our commodities
Be abreast with the latest quality standard requirements and manage quality concerns
Guarantee the security of the operation
Manage phytosanitary operations
Control inventory and assist in reducing weight losses
Control imports and distribution of inventories
4) Team management
Lead a direct and indirect team of 25 (8 shipping, 17 warehousing)
Work with HR to ensure resource, succession, personal development plans and HR policies are in place and getting implemented
Conduct regular performance management reviews in line with the Company process
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
MSC in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or related field;
At least seven (7) years’ experience working in shipping, logistics or related experience in commodities ideally with knowledge of cocoa or other commodities
Good Knowledge of shipping documentation and/or logistics
Ability to coordinate logistics services to meet business needs and optimize costs
Excellent computer skills required including Microsoft Excel
Strong commercial and strategy awareness
Strong organization and problem solving skills
Excellent communication skills both in English and French
Ability to manage large teams
Ability to challenge the Status Quo and a passion for changing the world.
Are you interested in becoming a Shipping & Logistics Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, a leading industrial food processor, requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven Project Manager in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The candidate will be working directly with and reporting to the Senior Strategic Project Manager with regards the execution of specific tasks and information gathering required to evaluate and develop business cases for the foods processing business opportunities that have been (or potentially will still to be identified) in Cote d’ivoire.
As the Cote d’Ivoire Project Manager, the position will encompass:
(1) Being an on-the-ground resource and source of support for research, analysis and conducting fact finding verifications or validations;
(2) Being a source of contact for important strategic in country stakeholders (e.g. National Government, local government and community leaders as well as potential suppliers and clients);
(3) Manage, plan, organize and control various short to medium term initiatives in support of specific business case development requirements;
• Business Case Evaluation - Conduct in depth research and validation of key business case drivers that have been identified for a particular business case
• Business Management - Provide on the ground support to key strategic and operational initiatives at various business opportunities
• Stakeholder Management - Building and maintain strong relationships with key strategic partners in country
• Project Management - During the business launch phase; plan, coordinate, control and implement the project management activities in order to meet the contract milestones and objectives. Manage in-country activities to ensure effective launch of new business and opportunity
• Reporting - Regular reporting to the Senior Strategic Project Manager on progress, challenges, additional support required
Qualitifications / Knowledge
• Postgraduate Degree (preference for Commerce and Agriculture)
• Microsoft Office includes( MS Word, MS Excel, MS Projects, MS Power Point and MS Outlook);
• Knowledge of Cote d’Ivoire Agriculture and Industrial sectors
• Project Management qualification
• Supply and Value chain qualificatons
• General Business Management
• Local and regional economic and politics
• Well connected with established networks
• At least 3 years commercial experience
• At least 2 years FSCM or FMCG or Agriculture
• Farming and Food processing
• HACCP exposure
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Report writing skill
• Well versed in English and French (Verbal and written)
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Well organised with time management capabilities
• Logical reasoning capabilities and problem solver
• Scheduling and planning abilities
• Ability to manage multiple work streams
• Confident and Motivated
• Self-sufficient and Independent
• Well organized, self starter
• Passionate about Africa and food
• Entrepreneurial tendancies
• Native Cote d’Ivoirian or international candidate that has been based there for the past > 3 years at least
• Own a reliable vehicle
• Based in Abidjan
• Some International exposure
The fixed term contract will be for 6-months, with an option to extend to a Permanent Role, depending on the outcome of the business case development and performance of the candidate.
Compensation will vary based on experience, expected to be between 9 000 000 and 15 000 000 CFA for the full 6 months.
All expenses associated with travel outside of Abidjan will be reimbursed, provided pre-travel approval and presentation of full receipts.