JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Business Development Manager
• Key Management position in sales, growth potential to a senior levels.
• Able to demonstrate strong personal network at decision making levels
• Growth Driven position, high rewards
Education and experience
• Strong business acumen skills, Key soft skills .
• BSc(Eng)/BEng/BTech/NDip Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years sales experience field/site work power transmission products
• Computer literate with intermediate to advanced computer skills
• Driver’s license
• Own transport
• Prepared to travel locally
• Strong leadership skills
• Results oriented
• Logical and analytical thinker
• Shows effective planning and time management to ensure maximum productivity
• Influential, strong networker
• Energetic and peoples person
• Enthusiastic, self starter
• Demonstrates initiative and ingenuity to solve problems,creative.
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Accounts for others, approachable
TCC includes: Negotiable, market related
Key performance areas:
• Meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross margin targets and objectives on an ongoing basis
• Develop sales leads through prospecting and lead generation activities/campaigns, and networking with partners and industry contacts
• Develop value in preparing appropriate solutions and provide customer quotations and technical selection.
• Maintain sales forecasting reports on a minimum weekly/monthly basis by logging sales activity, actions, calls, and quotes on the CRM system and keep it maintained
• Submit monthly report/s on sales activities, quote to sale hit‐rate, project status and post‐mortems
• Measurable customer satisfaction in target accounts/markets
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Leverage opportunity for the sales team by building partnerships with vendors, consultants, OEM’s, EPCM’s etc. where these relationships can increase market penetration and expand the Drive Tech offering
• Have a clear understanding of competitors’ activities in this market place and their strengths, weaknesses and sales strategies and to generate effective counter‐strategies
• Work with the management team in establishing market trends, appropriate strategies and product development roadmaps including necessary tools and processes
• Thoroughly understand and follow the standard sales processes and company policies, including respect to exposure of the company to financial risk and adherence to policy and procedures on business ethics
• Ensure all proposals, quotes and sales project files are in accordance with standards, processes and procedures
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a socially and environmentally responsible company that manufactures and trades raw material for the cosmetic and food industry, working closely with small-holder farmers in West Africa. The company is expanding and therefore they are recruiting a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for their team. This person will directly report to the General Manager.
For this position we are looking for nationals only.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Designing a framework for financial reporting and performance, including sales and profitability for each customer and channel
• Develop a process for implementation of a strategic plan
• Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting (continuous improvement).
• Implement, document and maintain accounting policies and procedures and drive optimization of cost improvements
• Implementing and improving analysis of standard costs including labor and overhead absorption.
• Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process and complete a realistic and achievable budget, for approval by the board of director
• Preparation of business cases and ROI analysis for key-investment decisions and new business opportunities, capital projects and IT investments
• Preparation of monthly financial reports, including analysis of performance against budget
• Safeguard the company’s assets and establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with International GAAP and other laws/regulations of Ghana.
• Secure donor funding and grants with follow up of related reporting
• Support external auditor requests
• Support the General Manager and executive team on key financial decisions
• Work with other members of finance team and the executive team to prepare board and investor materials.
The qualified candidate will not only possess a proven track record in finance and accounting, but will also demonstrate a sincere passion for working within a high-performance, mission-driven organization. A candidate with a passion for personal and company growth and the following skills and experiences:
• Advanced degree in Accounting, Business Economics, Finance or related field
• +10 years of experience in financial management and accounting
• experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
• Proven ability to operate ‘sleeves up’ in a fast-growing company
• Strong people leadership skills, with the ability to work with a team
• Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Personal resilience and a desire to win in the market place.
• Ability to travel frequently to Tamale and other field production sites in Ghana and West Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Financial Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE AND GENERAL ROLE EXPECTATIONS
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to all the company's businesses and to lead all Capex projects from Concept to Implementation. For this role we are recruiting national (The Netherlands) jobseekers only.
The position will involve the following functions:
(1) Planning and execution of CAPEX projects throughout Africa
(2) Implementation of Maintenance plans and monitoring of Maintenance Execution for all company sites
(3) Functional leadership to the on-site Technical Teams
(4) Develop and implement new processes and products according to the needs of the company
The position will report to the Managing Director with dotted line to Corporate Senior Project Manager
The R&D Assistant and Technical Roll Out Manager report directly to this position. The Countries Technical managers will have a dotted line report to this role.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING
Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree with additional education in food processing
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in factory engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and process development
• Significant experience in building new food factories in Africa
• Experience in the development of new processes and process improvement
• Extensive knowledge of project management in research
• Experience in the Starch Industry
Dordrecht (Netherlands) with travelling across all sites as needed
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Planning and execution of CAPEX projects
Maintenance of all Facilities and Equipment
Product development, meeting customer requests in line with business need. (considering hurdle rates): Lead definition and implementation of projects
Improvements (quality, energy, water usage, environmental impact and cost) of existing and new machinery and processes
Knowledge transfer and people development
Drive R&D projects with external partners
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCIES
• Mechanical and hygienic engineering knowledge
• Food processing and food equipment knowledge
• Starch production equipment and processes knowledge
• Strong in project management
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methods
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, speaking)
• Professional proficiency in English is a must
• Proficiency in French and Portuguese is advantageous
• International Standards on Environmental, Quality Systems and Hygienic Engineering
• Ability to implement, to sustain and improve, and to ensure compliance with people safety and food safety regulations.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Problem solving
• Crisis management
• Strategic thinker
• Building partnerships
• Financial skill sets
Management for results and impact
Self-Starter and self-motivated
Highly motivated and results orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Technical and RD Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Primary location: Ivory Coast, with frequent travel to The Netherlands
Our client provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to help the world.
Purpose of the role
The Construction Project Manager will work to deliver a safe, regulatory compliant and competitive project and lead the expansion project of the factory in Ivory Coast. He/she is responsible for the design, the engineering and the construction of the project.
The main purpose of the Construction Project Manager is being responsible for the project, to define and manage the scope, schedule and budget of the project. Below elements are integral part of the project.
• Health and Safety
• Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs
• Environmental and Energy
• Cost Engineering (budget, schedule, manpower resources)
The project will be executed with in house engineering in combination with a 3rd party Engineering Service Provider.
During construction, the Construction Project Manager will lead / manage the construction and installation activities on site (via supervisors, managers) and will make sure the installation is done safely, in scope, within budget & time and in line with the required quality as designed in earlier phases.
• Champions and reinforces the employers behavioural based safety process and zero fatalities
• Provides vision to the project team
• Lead the engineering based in Holland
• Lead the local team based in IVC
• Provides mentorship, coaching and development for team members and functional leads as appropriate.
• Ensure the project will be executed according to the defined timelines
• Prepares the plan for how the Construction project is executed, monitored and controlled
• delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations
• implement tools to ensure the project will be delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations tools to be used:
o Cost control
o Scope control
o Additional work
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems Engineering or other engineering discipline OR Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Field and minimum 10 years industrial experience.
• Fluent in English and French
• Demonstrated experience working with Environmental, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs experts to plan and execute the project to comply with the laws of the country for the project
• Experience managing Construction(Construction) Projects of at least $20MM investment.
• Experience leading projects from FEL1 through Execution.
• Experience working across multiple project teams and locations.
• Experience leading multifunctional teams.
• Experiencing applying Project Controls Principle throughout a project (Work Breakdown Structure, Cost Breakdown structure, estimating methods & validation, project execution planning and cost & schedules
• Experience managing Construction Projects up to $50MM investment.
• Strong influencing skills, ability to work across the organization and with multiple functions
• Demonstrated skills at managing and leading in complex and ambiguous situations
• Experience in working in West Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Project Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, based in Sri-Lanka, owns a large, modern feed mill in the country. It can produce up to 20.000 mt per month, A brand new innovative set up, and with state of the art equipment: We are looking to fill the position of:
The mill manager:
• Will oversee the DAY TO DAY running of the entire milling operation from the technical side, feed quality, management of the mill, admin, and ensure good financial results.
• This position calls for extensive experience, someone who is on the ball, on the job and assertive.
• He / she manages 65-70 people, thus strong LEADERSHIP skills are essential
• The mill is almost fully automated, and the job is technical.
• The candidate is also responsible stock control, quality.
• Proficiency in the field is necessary and hands-on work dynamic with industry experience with a track record.
• Manage at all levels and get stuck in where necessary to assist with cleaning/mechanical/technical duties.
• The candidate should be familiar with European brand machinery in large automated mills.
• an eye for detail, cleanliness and overall accountability is required.
• A self-motivated and energetic individual
• Relevant academia proficiencies
• 6-day week, Sundays off
• # days a year holiday to be discussed
• Salary is to be determined based on candidate and proficiencies
• Accommodation + car
• Phone, tickets,
• Medical considered
Single status / couples are encouraged to apply.
Factory Manager Soybean Oil production
Our clients vision is to unlock the potential of African agriculture through food processing, whilst they transform the lives of millions of Africans economically, socially and spiritually.
Currently our client has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified, well-motivated and driven individual to fill a role of Factory Manager for their Soybean Oil Production.
Purpose: To ensure that the operating profit of the Operating business unit complies with the required return on assets. Efficient running of the overall plant design capacity.
• Relevant Tertiary degree preferably a post graduate qualification
• Minimum of 10 years’ managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge on soybean oil production and hexane extraction of oil
• Have worked in solvent (hexane) extraction plants before
• Familiar with edible oil refining
• Prior experience in boilers
• Familiar with extrusion of vegetable protein can be seen as advantage
• Should have worked in MHI (major hazardous installation) before
• Should have worked in highly unionised environment previously
• Financially capable for budgetary control and reporting
• Worked on food safety in the past
• Mechanically inclined
• Must have handled large and complex teams in the past
• Ability to lead diverse teams, problem solving, interpersonal skills, crisis management / communication
• Identify the cause of poor cash flow, return on nett assets and business unit profits
• Operate plant within the approved budget for each business unit (Fixed and Variable)
• Achieving sales volumes as per budget of each Business Unit i.e: Extraction, Packing, Refinery, Texturized Vegetable Protein
• Achieving standard as set by Quality Assurance
• Efficient use of designed plant parameters (Coal / Paraffin Hexane / Electricity / Water / Overtime)
• Obtain favorable audit report on all compliance and risk matters
• Maintain high performance culture and contribute towards skills development of the workforce
• Build positive relations with Unions and stakeholders
Location and benefits
• South Africa
• Salary 1,3 mln ZAR a year, excluding additional package
Our client is a European family owned leading manufacturer of industrial packaging products. They deliver to, amongst others, the mining and agricultural sector. For their South African branch we are looking for a Business Development Manager.
Reporting to: Regional Director Southern Africa
Responsible for identifying and implementing new and existing opportunities within the sector in line with agreed strategies and policies as defined.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
* Identify, define and investigate new products/opportunities
* Investigate any existing projects identified by the company with a view of commercialization.
* Develop and implement strategies, objectives and budgets to exploit business opportunities.
* Analyse business/market trends, product line development, changes in future demand, competition and contacts.
* Implement strategies for developing existing products into existing markets as well as new markets.
* Be responsible for market intelligence
* Strengthen relations and maintain linkages between customer, sales and marketing and production.
* A Bachelors’ degree in any numeric discipline or experience hard core sales
* 7+ years’ experience gained in a relevant capacity.
* Commercial acumen and awareness is key.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* A ‘can do attitude’ and innovative thinking.
* Good leadership and organization skills.
* Proficiency of computer application packages.
* experience in industrial packaging
* knowledge of plastics is a pre
* knowledge of production processes, lead times, cost is a pre
* Afrikaans is a pre
* gross salary ZAR 600-700k per year, split up in basic and commission
* Upton 50% traveling (within South Africa and Namibia)
We are looking for an organizational talent with a technical background that is motivated to commit himself for the development of Ethiopia.
Our client is a healthy and fast growing company in Ethiopia, a beautiful country with friendly people and many opportunities. They’d like to make a difference to their 60 employees, their families and surroundings with good employership. At the same time the company stands for a high quality product, for which they known for in the whole of Ethiopia.
Because of the growth the last 5 years and the planned growth the coming 5 years, our client needs a production manager who will help to achieve their goals. The purpose of the role is to optimize the processes of the production lines and to realize the intended extension.
Key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the production process and the employees;
- Responsible for the technical department (maintenance and reparation);
- Further development of the production processes and internal logistics;
- Further development of the quality measurements;
- Hiring and training of employees.
- Character! In this company that means being independant, but also being able to work in a team, being flexible, persistent and keep working on quality;
- Proactiveness. In Ethiopia things work different then they do in ‘western countries’ and because of this you need to able to think ahead and act selfsecure;
- Knowledge of technique. At critical moments you have to act yourself and come up with good solutions. An mba with a technical background is important;
- Fluent in the English language.
If you have always dreamed of challenge in Africa, this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Working in the middle of the Ethiopian society and gaining fantastic experience. Not one day is the same and it’s an incredible adventure. The wages will be determined with the candidate and depends on factors like experience. Accommodation and transport will be arranged in consultation with the employee.
The companies is based on christian values so there is a preference for a person who stands for these values as well. We are looking for someone on a short term notice.
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.