JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Department : Admin
Job Title : Insurance & Claims Specialist
Reports to : Head of Legal and Compliance
• The Insurance Claims Specialist performs a variety of activities related to all claims filed in favour and or against the company goal to maximize the recovery of losses through the timely and accurate filing of insurance claims.
• Under the direction of Head of Legal and Compliance, the Claims Specialist will also support the preparation of Legal documents, agreements and the paperwork’s related to contractual engagement.
• Determine root cause of curtailed items and determine whether supplemental claim, client expense, or loss has been incurred.
• Follow up on claim payment status for unpaid, filed claims and update the system with pending, submitted, withdrawn, and paid claim information.
• Prepare claim payment reconciliation to ensure full payment is received.
• Recommend improvements to established procedures and processes.
• Liaison between shareholder global insurance experts and local brokers.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree or its equivalent in Law or the appropriate field or related disciplines.
• Preferred 5 years functional experience 2 years at management level. Of which, 2 years’ experience in the equivalent combination of Insurance and Legal with at least 1 year experience in Insurance and or Claims.
Are you interested in becoming a Insurance & Claims Specialist in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Department : Human Resource
Job Title : Chief Human Resource Officer
Reports to : CFO
• To identify and evaluate areas of competitive advantage through the development of Human Resources and Organizational capabilities i.e. establish manpower plans, develop and implement performance management systems.
• Oversee and administer policies, Trade Union Agreements and industry related practices that foster the desired relationships between the employees and the company.
• To ensure the availability at all times, the right calibre and adequate number of people for the efficient operations of the company.
∙ Sets up and manage HR office efficiently
∙ Develop an HR strategy aligned with company’s overall goals.
∙ Implement performance based management, eventually linked to pay.
∙ Bring technological improvements to the general management of the people resources.
∙ Identify staffing and recruiting needs, while executing best practices for hiring, talent and discipline management.
∙ Plan and lead training programs, ensuring proper execution.
∙ Drive engagement and manage employee relations hereunder negotiations with the unions.
∙ Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices and regulatory changes and apply this to changes in policy, practice, and resources.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in the appropriate field i.e. Human Resource Management, Psychology or related disciplines with 10 years functional experience 6 years of which must be at management level.
• Must have ability to innovate, think conceptually, apply proven problem solving skills and develop appropriate solution strategies.
• Proficient in the use of Micro-soft office suit and Human Resource information management systems.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Human Resource Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Department : Assets Maintenance
Job Title : Workshop Manager
Reports to : Assets Maintenance Manager
• Responsible for ensuring that the requisite Workshop infrastructure, tools, machinery and manpower are well in place for the efficient R&M support of the Terminal Equipment & Facility including controlling the usage of spare parts and consumables.
• Functions include planning, coordinating, and monitoring preventative maintenance activities as well as trouble shooting and repairs of faults so to achieve maximum availability of equipment and a reduction in maintenance costs.
• Maintain clean and safe working environment.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering with relevant Technical Degree or equivalent qualification.
• 10 years previous experience with at least 3 years at managerial level in an international container terminal.
• Sound knowledge of relevant electro/pneumatic/hydraulic engineering systems which include hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical circuits.
• With specific working knowledge of maintenance of Gantry Cranes, electric generators as well as Reachstackers, Empty Handlers, forklifts and other associated terminal equipment.
• Good communication skills with fluency in both written and oral English.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
You will be responsible for all the statistical and financial reporting of fixed asset physical inventory, finished product, principal supply inventory, and any other reports required that provide management with more pertinent information regarding the financial results of the plant. You are expected to communicate effectively with the business operations teams to contribute to high morale, motivation and productivity at the plant and maintain accuracy of reported results. The effectiveness of this position is measured by the preparation of financial and statistical reports.
1. Direct, prepare and coordinate the financial forecast and the financial budget for the plant
2. Create tools to measure operating and financial performance of division departments
3. Analyze, monitor and prepare monthly operating results against budget
4. Monitor daily operations and the impact it has on the financial results
5. Make recommendations to management to facilitate improvements at the plant
6. Manage the preparation of financial forecasts, outlooks and financial results
7. Prepare financial analysis for product investment decisions and contract negotiations
8. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local reporting requirements
9. Assist with the establishment of departmental goals, policies, objectives and operating procedures
10. Responsible for reports as required by the business
11. Responsible for capital return on investment decisions and managing capital budget
12. Responsible for physical inventories
13. Responsible for assisting with financial audits
14. Engaging with operations teams
• At least 2 years proven working experience in a similar position
• 5+ years of finance experience
• Advanced degree in Accounting
• CIMA qualified
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
• Experience with SAP
• Great Excel Skills
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Controller in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across all business processes and internal controls.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker. He is organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitor internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
• Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
• Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
• Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
• Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
• Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
• Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Newly qualified CA(SA) preferably Big 4 audit firm
• Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
• Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
• Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multigeographic team.
Are you interested in becoming an Internal Control Mananger in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for an Electronics Engineer, based at their plant in Ghana.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrating and designing electronic systems
- Maintaining timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding engineering activities
- Develop solutions to eliminate machine and system malfunctions
- Create standard methods for reviewing, evaluating, and inspecting products during development and production
- Analyze data daily
- Mechatronics / Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical and engineering work
Are you interested in becoming an Electronics Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Africa Steel Company zoekt voor haar bedrijf Ethiopian Steel Profiling and Building Company (ESPBC) te Ethiopië een General Manager
- Toezicht houden dagelijkse gang van zaken;
- Definitieve besluitvorming en eindverantwoording;
- Beleid bepalen toekomst;
- Vaststellen begroting en budgetten;
- Aandeelhouders informeren;
- Collega’s motiveren en kennis aan hen overdragen;
- De teamspirit behouden;
- Ervaring als leidinggevende;
- Werken in een andere cultuur;
- Analytisch denkvermogen;
- Resultaat gericht werken;
- Dienend leiderschap;
- Engelse taal beheersen, zowel schriftelijk als mondeling;
- Stabiele situatie;
- Voor minimaal 5 jaar wil wonen in Ethiopië;
- Een christelijke levensovertuiging.
Werken in Afrika maakt deze functie extra uitdagend. Een cultuur waar onze logica niet altijd opgaat.
Een bedrijfsklimaat waar regels om de dag kunnen veranderen. Een land waar onvoorziene omstandigheden aan de orde van de dag zijn.
- Een bijzondere mooie job in een bijzondere cultuur!
- Ruimte om het bedrijf verder te laten groeien en een hoge mate van vrijheid;
- Goede voorwaarden;
- Inwerkperiode door huidige General Manager.
Functie start per september 2018
Internationale school voor kinderen tot 14 jaar dichtbij
ESPBC is een staalverwerkingsbedrijf in Ethiopië met 115 mensen in dienst. Met dit team wordt de lokale markt voorzien van stalen profielen, dakplaten en allerlei andere constructiematerialen. Een gezond bedrijf in een groeimarkt waar nog vele kansen liggen. Een mooie uitdaging voor iemand met passie en daadkracht.
We begrijpen dat deze advertentie veel vragen oproept en geven je graag de ruimte om met onderstaande personen te bellen om meer te weten te komen over de functie, het bedrijf, het land en de consequenties die het heeft voor een gezin om zich te vestigen in Ethiopië.
Voor meer informatie over het bedrijf ESBPC te Ethiopië zie de website: www.ethiopiansteelprofiling.com of bel de huidige General Manager Hans Walhout: +251 91 149 0814 (via WhatsApp!)
Heeft u vragen over de functie, omstandigheden of procedure van de sollicitatie bel dan met Marjan Burggraaf-Noordzij: 06 36 29 75 78
Geraakt door de advertentie en heb je interesse voor deze functie? Stuur dan een mail met daarin een reactie met de reden waarom je reageert op deze functie en voeg je CV toe. Graag de reactie in het Engels sturen naar firstname.lastname@example.org
De gesprekken zijn gepland eind januari 2018. Tot die tijd staat de advertentie open. Deze gesprekken vinden plaats in Zwijndrecht. Daarbij zijn aanwezig Piet Noordzij en Marjan Burggraaf (de aandeelhouders) en Hans Walhout (de General Manager van ESPBC).
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
One of our clients in the Waste Management / Environment sector, is currently looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager for the operations in Mozambique, to take charge of the financial health of our client’s company by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements. You should be familiar with the analysis of the financial results of the region and the analysis and explanation of management accounts to budgets and forecasts. The ideal candidate demonstrates an interest in managing accounting activities, including including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition. You should also have excellent organizational skills, a valid driver’s license and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
• B. Com Degree and a registered C.A
• Related Management Accounting qualification
• Fulfilled similar role with at least 5 years’ senior financial experience
• Monthly or bi-weekly travel to Mozambique for periods of one to two weeks per month is an option
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Finalizing inter-depot charges
• Development and measurement of regional production KPI’s
• Presentation of financial results to management
• Controlling all orders against budget
• Preparation of annual budget and bi-annual forecast
• Ensuring compliance to internal controls at depot level
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Liaising with external auditors
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Calculate and prepare annual tax returns
• Register all service type contracts with the Department of finance and obtain tax clearance certificates
• Ensure invoicing complies with legislation
• Working capital management in line with cash flow projections
• Advise management on any changes to local content laws in Mozambique
Please apply with your CV in English, showing your experience on the above requirements, as well as your nationality and/or authorization to work in Mozambique.
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Manager in Mozambique Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.