JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Reporting Structure: CEO
Position exists to ensure that all production equipment is kept and maintained in good working order to ensure maximum plant availability and that buildings and assets are properly maintained within budgetary requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• B Eng (Electrical) degree - mandatory
• Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
• Fluent in English
• Proficient in MS Office
Required Minimum Knowledge and Skills, Requirement (s):
• Extensive knowledge in high frequency induction welders and annealers
• Production Management experience
• Manufacturing background
• Strong financial and business acumen
• Supervisor experience
• Production Management experience
• Compressed air
• Water cooling and circulation systems
• Mechanical knowledge
• Experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
• Ability to read drawings
Key Competencies Attributes:
• Highly analytical
• Planning and organizational skills
• Strong management skills / a strong leader
• Ability to prioritise and delegate responsibilities
• Ability to independently resolve conflict
• Proven business analysis and judgment
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management including Exco.
• Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Is persuasive and can easily influence others
• Has good leadership and communications skills, both written and verbal
• Is proactive and anticipates potential problems before they can hinder a company’s success
• Possess good customer service skills
• Maintains a positive attitude and constantly encourages others
• Motivational Leader
• Technical Skills
• Performance Manager
• Communication skills
• Business acumen
• Time Management skills
• Computer skills
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Product knowledge
• Selling skills
• Customer focused
Key Performance Areas (Essential Duties & Responsibilities):
• Manage a team responsible for plant maintenance
• Management of people.
• Liaise with the Production, Finance, Buying, QC, Warehouse departments on a daily basis
• Do skills analysis and identify on-the-job and other training opportunities to improve employees’ value and contribution to the business and themselves
• Responsible for job descriptions, shortlisting, recruitment, disciplining, dismissal and motivating team members
• Set-up performance metrics for new employees and execute performance appraisals during probation periods
• Manage engineering standby to improve plant availability and improve efficiencies
• Manage standby call-outs as well as overtime work over weekends
• Responsible for the updating of a catalogue for all engineering related parts and services to assist with reordering and repeat orders
• Identify critical spares to be kept by the spare parts warehouse
• Ensure spare parts and consumables availability
• Create preferred supplier lists
• Sign-off all requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for parts and services related to engineering activities
• Supervise daily consumable usage
• Update actual electricity, water and on sites, monthly
• Liaise with Landlord on all aspects of the buildings (including refurbishments, repairs and improvements)
• Provide finance department and landlord with a list of all activities and costs related to the buildings on a monthly basis
• Created ‘factory future layouts’ to optimise layout and space utilisation
• Determine spare capacities on utilities for future expansion
• Create yearly OPEX budget for all maintenance and repair activities on sites
• Create yearly CAPEX budget for improvement, extension and replacement projects on site
• Create yearly OPEX budget for coal, electricity, water, sewage and refuse removal of sites
• Manage budgets to ensure optimal usage of available financial resources
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Operations Officer / Sr Electrical Engineer in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting three Sales Engineers for our client, which is a European supplier for factory and process automation products.
Job domain: Division Factory Automation
Reports to: Area Sales Manager FA - Sub-Saharan Africa
Obtaining/Maintaining the position of market leader within the FA area by selling FA products to predefined market segments.
Achieving the predetermined sales objective (with regard to products, product groups, turnover, gross margin, new customer acquisition, etc…) within the defined sales area.
Developing the sales area in order to reach the goals of the company and acquire a maximum client satisfaction regarding quality
KNOWLEDGE LEVEL, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCES
1. Education, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Bachelor, Master Electro mechanics or Electronics (specialisation measurement and control technology is an advantage), National Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge and experience, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Good knowledge of measurement and control technology, DCS architecture, digital communication
- Knowledge of legislation around explosion protection and environmental legislation
- Thorough knowledge of the FA market and its competition based on previous relevant work experience in a technical sales position
- Good knowledge of automation technology, PLC architecture, digital communication
- Good knowledge of FA products and their application
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Computer literate
3. Behavioural competences:
MM Version 201507
- Team player
- Active listener
- Proactive and anticipated minded
- Result driven
- Commercial minded based on technical knowledge
- Quality oriented
- Analytical and structured orientation
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, coordination and organisational skills
RESULT AREAS + TASKS
1. Commercial contacts
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, regarding the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Maintaining contact and transferring relevant information to the area responsible of the GPP team, who is responsible for the coordination of international projects
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, initially with regard to the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Giving technical support and advice to clients and prospects concerning the product range FA.
- Searching for and visiting new clients (customer acquisition).
- Offering solutions to clients for the company's products and their applications.
- Giving product presentations and product trainings to clients.
- Preparing and presenting quotations according to the internal guidelines with regard to price setting and conditions.
- Follow-up quotations.
- Introduction of new products in the given area.
- Participation to fairs
- Taking initiative in accordance with the policy
- Follow-up of evolutions in the market and with competitors on a non-stop base with regard to sales data, products and applications
- Regularly report market developments, sales expectations, market potential and results of market research
3. Tasks with regard to organisation
- Budget definition and responsibility for allocated Accounts
- Visit reporting in Siebel
- Self-tuition regarding (new) products
- Reporting and succession of opportunities in Siebel
Are you interested in becoming an External Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Development Manager
• Key Management position in sales, growth potential to a senior levels.
• Able to demonstrate strong personal network at decision making levels
• Growth Driven position, high rewards
Education and experience
• Strong business acumen skills, Key soft skills .
• BSc(Eng)/BEng/BTech/NDip Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years sales experience field/site work power transmission products
• Computer literate with intermediate to advanced computer skills
• Driver’s license
• Own transport
• Prepared to travel locally
• Strong leadership skills
• Results oriented
• Logical and analytical thinker
• Shows effective planning and time management to ensure maximum productivity
• Influential, strong networker
• Energetic and peoples person
• Enthusiastic, self starter
• Demonstrates initiative and ingenuity to solve problems,creative.
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Accounts for others, approachable
TCC includes: Negotiable, market related
Key performance areas:
• Meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross margin targets and objectives on an ongoing basis
• Develop sales leads through prospecting and lead generation activities/campaigns, and networking with partners and industry contacts
• Develop value in preparing appropriate solutions and provide customer quotations and technical selection.
• Maintain sales forecasting reports on a minimum weekly/monthly basis by logging sales activity, actions, calls, and quotes on the CRM system and keep it maintained
• Submit monthly report/s on sales activities, quote to sale hit‐rate, project status and post‐mortems
• Measurable customer satisfaction in target accounts/markets
• Ability to work well with other team members
• Leverage opportunity for the sales team by building partnerships with vendors, consultants, OEM’s, EPCM’s etc. where these relationships can increase market penetration and expand the Drive Tech offering
• Have a clear understanding of competitors’ activities in this market place and their strengths, weaknesses and sales strategies and to generate effective counter‐strategies
• Work with the management team in establishing market trends, appropriate strategies and product development roadmaps including necessary tools and processes
• Thoroughly understand and follow the standard sales processes and company policies, including respect to exposure of the company to financial risk and adherence to policy and procedures on business ethics
• Ensure all proposals, quotes and sales project files are in accordance with standards, processes and procedures
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Africa Steel Company zoekt voor haar bedrijf Ethiopian Steel Profiling and Building Company (ESPBC) te Ethiopië een General Manager
- Toezicht houden dagelijkse gang van zaken;
- Definitieve besluitvorming en eindverantwoording;
- Beleid bepalen toekomst;
- Vaststellen begroting en budgetten;
- Aandeelhouders informeren;
- Collega’s motiveren en kennis aan hen overdragen;
- De teamspirit behouden;
- Ervaring als leidinggevende;
- Werken in een andere cultuur;
- Analytisch denkvermogen;
- Resultaat gericht werken;
- Dienend leiderschap;
- Engelse taal beheersen, zowel schriftelijk als mondeling;
- Stabiele situatie;
- Voor minimaal 5 jaar wil wonen in Ethiopië;
- Een christelijke levensovertuiging.
Werken in Afrika maakt deze functie extra uitdagend. Een cultuur waar onze logica niet altijd opgaat.
Een bedrijfsklimaat waar regels om de dag kunnen veranderen. Een land waar onvoorziene omstandigheden aan de orde van de dag zijn.
- Een bijzondere mooie job in een bijzondere cultuur!
- Ruimte om het bedrijf verder te laten groeien en een hoge mate van vrijheid;
- Goede voorwaarden;
- Inwerkperiode door huidige General Manager.
Functie start per september 2018
Internationale school voor kinderen tot 14 jaar dichtbij
ESPBC is een staalverwerkingsbedrijf in Ethiopië met 115 mensen in dienst. Met dit team wordt de lokale markt voorzien van stalen profielen, dakplaten en allerlei andere constructiematerialen. Een gezond bedrijf in een groeimarkt waar nog vele kansen liggen. Een mooie uitdaging voor iemand met passie en daadkracht.
We begrijpen dat deze advertentie veel vragen oproept en geven je graag de ruimte om met onderstaande personen te bellen om meer te weten te komen over de functie, het bedrijf, het land en de consequenties die het heeft voor een gezin om zich te vestigen in Ethiopië.
Voor meer informatie over het bedrijf ESBPC te Ethiopië zie de website: www.ethiopiansteelprofiling.com of bel de huidige General Manager Hans Walhout: +251 91 149 0814 (via WhatsApp!)
Heeft u vragen over de functie, omstandigheden of procedure van de sollicitatie bel dan met Marjan Burggraaf-Noordzij: 06 36 29 75 78
Geraakt door de advertentie en heb je interesse voor deze functie? Stuur dan een mail met daarin een reactie met de reden waarom je reageert op deze functie en voeg je CV toe. Graag de reactie in het Engels sturen naar email@example.com
De gesprekken zijn gepland eind januari 2018. Tot die tijd staat de advertentie open. Deze gesprekken vinden plaats in Zwijndrecht. Daarbij zijn aanwezig Piet Noordzij en Marjan Burggraaf (de aandeelhouders) en Hans Walhout (de General Manager van ESPBC).
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is a socially and environmentally responsible company that manufactures and trades raw material for the cosmetic and food industry, working closely with small-holder farmers in West Africa. The company is expanding and therefore they are recruiting a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for their team. This person will directly report to the General Manager.
For this position we are looking for nationals only.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Designing a framework for financial reporting and performance, including sales and profitability for each customer and channel
• Develop a process for implementation of a strategic plan
• Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting (continuous improvement).
• Implement, document and maintain accounting policies and procedures and drive optimization of cost improvements
• Implementing and improving analysis of standard costs including labor and overhead absorption.
• Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process and complete a realistic and achievable budget, for approval by the board of director
• Preparation of business cases and ROI analysis for key-investment decisions and new business opportunities, capital projects and IT investments
• Preparation of monthly financial reports, including analysis of performance against budget
• Safeguard the company’s assets and establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with International GAAP and other laws/regulations of Ghana.
• Secure donor funding and grants with follow up of related reporting
• Support external auditor requests
• Support the General Manager and executive team on key financial decisions
• Work with other members of finance team and the executive team to prepare board and investor materials.
The qualified candidate will not only possess a proven track record in finance and accounting, but will also demonstrate a sincere passion for working within a high-performance, mission-driven organization. A candidate with a passion for personal and company growth and the following skills and experiences:
• Advanced degree in Accounting, Business Economics, Finance or related field
• +10 years of experience in financial management and accounting
• experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
• Proven ability to operate ‘sleeves up’ in a fast-growing company
• Strong people leadership skills, with the ability to work with a team
• Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Personal resilience and a desire to win in the market place.
• Ability to travel frequently to Tamale and other field production sites in Ghana and West Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Financial Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE AND GENERAL ROLE EXPECTATIONS
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to all the company's businesses and to lead all Capex projects from Concept to Implementation. For this role we are recruiting national (The Netherlands) jobseekers only.
The position will involve the following functions:
(1) Planning and execution of CAPEX projects throughout Africa
(2) Implementation of Maintenance plans and monitoring of Maintenance Execution for all company sites
(3) Functional leadership to the on-site Technical Teams
(4) Develop and implement new processes and products according to the needs of the company
The position will report to the Managing Director with dotted line to Corporate Senior Project Manager
The R&D Assistant and Technical Roll Out Manager report directly to this position. The Countries Technical managers will have a dotted line report to this role.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING
Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree with additional education in food processing
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in factory engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and process development
• Significant experience in building new food factories in Africa
• Experience in the development of new processes and process improvement
• Extensive knowledge of project management in research
• Experience in the Starch Industry
Dordrecht (Netherlands) with travelling across all sites as needed
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Planning and execution of CAPEX projects
Maintenance of all Facilities and Equipment
Product development, meeting customer requests in line with business need. (considering hurdle rates): Lead definition and implementation of projects
Improvements (quality, energy, water usage, environmental impact and cost) of existing and new machinery and processes
Knowledge transfer and people development
Drive R&D projects with external partners
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCIES
• Mechanical and hygienic engineering knowledge
• Food processing and food equipment knowledge
• Starch production equipment and processes knowledge
• Strong in project management
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methods
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, speaking)
• Professional proficiency in English is a must
• Proficiency in French and Portuguese is advantageous
• International Standards on Environmental, Quality Systems and Hygienic Engineering
• Ability to implement, to sustain and improve, and to ensure compliance with people safety and food safety regulations.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Problem solving
• Crisis management
• Strategic thinker
• Building partnerships
• Financial skill sets
Management for results and impact
Self-Starter and self-motivated
Highly motivated and results orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Technical and RD Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Primary location: Ivory Coast, with frequent travel to The Netherlands
Our client provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to help the world.
Purpose of the role
The Construction Project Manager will work to deliver a safe, regulatory compliant and competitive project and lead the expansion project of the factory in Ivory Coast. He/she is responsible for the design, the engineering and the construction of the project.
The main purpose of the Construction Project Manager is being responsible for the project, to define and manage the scope, schedule and budget of the project. Below elements are integral part of the project.
• Health and Safety
• Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs
• Environmental and Energy
• Cost Engineering (budget, schedule, manpower resources)
The project will be executed with in house engineering in combination with a 3rd party Engineering Service Provider.
During construction, the Construction Project Manager will lead / manage the construction and installation activities on site (via supervisors, managers) and will make sure the installation is done safely, in scope, within budget & time and in line with the required quality as designed in earlier phases.
• Champions and reinforces the employers behavioural based safety process and zero fatalities
• Provides vision to the project team
• Lead the engineering based in Holland
• Lead the local team based in IVC
• Provides mentorship, coaching and development for team members and functional leads as appropriate.
• Ensure the project will be executed according to the defined timelines
• Prepares the plan for how the Construction project is executed, monitored and controlled
• delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations
• implement tools to ensure the project will be delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations tools to be used:
o Cost control
o Scope control
o Additional work
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems Engineering or other engineering discipline OR Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Field and minimum 10 years industrial experience.
• Fluent in English and French
• Demonstrated experience working with Environmental, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs experts to plan and execute the project to comply with the laws of the country for the project
• Experience managing Construction(Construction) Projects of at least $20MM investment.
• Experience leading projects from FEL1 through Execution.
• Experience working across multiple project teams and locations.
• Experience leading multifunctional teams.
• Experiencing applying Project Controls Principle throughout a project (Work Breakdown Structure, Cost Breakdown structure, estimating methods & validation, project execution planning and cost & schedules
• Experience managing Construction Projects up to $50MM investment.
• Strong influencing skills, ability to work across the organization and with multiple functions
• Demonstrated skills at managing and leading in complex and ambiguous situations
• Experience in working in West Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Project Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, based in Sri-Lanka, owns a large, modern feed mill in the country. It can produce up to 20.000 mt per month, A brand new innovative set up, and with state of the art equipment: We are looking to fill the position of:
The mill manager:
• Will oversee the DAY TO DAY running of the entire milling operation from the technical side, feed quality, management of the mill, admin, and ensure good financial results.
• This position calls for extensive experience, someone who is on the ball, on the job and assertive.
• He / she manages 65-70 people, thus strong LEADERSHIP skills are essential
• The mill is almost fully automated, and the job is technical.
• The candidate is also responsible stock control, quality.
• Proficiency in the field is necessary and hands-on work dynamic with industry experience with a track record.
• Manage at all levels and get stuck in where necessary to assist with cleaning/mechanical/technical duties.
• The candidate should be familiar with European brand machinery in large automated mills.
• an eye for detail, cleanliness and overall accountability is required.
• A self-motivated and energetic individual
• Relevant academia proficiencies
• 6-day week, Sundays off
• # days a year holiday to be discussed
• Salary is to be determined based on candidate and proficiencies
• Accommodation + car
• Phone, tickets,
• Medical considered
Single status / couples are encouraged to apply.