JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Africa Steel Company zoekt voor haar bedrijf Ethiopian Steel Profiling and Building Company (ESPBC) te Ethiopië een General Manager
- Toezicht houden dagelijkse gang van zaken;
- Definitieve besluitvorming en eindverantwoording;
- Beleid bepalen toekomst;
- Vaststellen begroting en budgetten;
- Aandeelhouders informeren;
- Collega’s motiveren en kennis aan hen overdragen;
- De teamspirit behouden;
- Ervaring als leidinggevende;
- Werken in een andere cultuur;
- Analytisch denkvermogen;
- Resultaat gericht werken;
- Dienend leiderschap;
- Engelse taal beheersen, zowel schriftelijk als mondeling;
- Stabiele situatie;
- Voor minimaal 5 jaar wil wonen in Ethiopië;
- Een christelijke levensovertuiging.
Werken in Afrika maakt deze functie extra uitdagend. Een cultuur waar onze logica niet altijd opgaat.
Een bedrijfsklimaat waar regels om de dag kunnen veranderen. Een land waar onvoorziene omstandigheden aan de orde van de dag zijn.
- Een bijzondere mooie job in een bijzondere cultuur!
- Ruimte om het bedrijf verder te laten groeien en een hoge mate van vrijheid;
- Goede voorwaarden;
- Inwerkperiode door huidige General Manager.
Functie start per september 2018
Internationale school voor kinderen tot 14 jaar dichtbij
ESPBC is een staalverwerkingsbedrijf in Ethiopië met 115 mensen in dienst. Met dit team wordt de lokale markt voorzien van stalen profielen, dakplaten en allerlei andere constructiematerialen. Een gezond bedrijf in een groeimarkt waar nog vele kansen liggen. Een mooie uitdaging voor iemand met passie en daadkracht.
We begrijpen dat deze advertentie veel vragen oproept en geven je graag de ruimte om met onderstaande personen te bellen om meer te weten te komen over de functie, het bedrijf, het land en de consequenties die het heeft voor een gezin om zich te vestigen in Ethiopië.
Voor meer informatie over het bedrijf ESBPC te Ethiopië zie de website: www.ethiopiansteelprofiling.com of bel de huidige General Manager Hans Walhout: +251 91 149 0814 (via WhatsApp!)
Heeft u vragen over de functie, omstandigheden of procedure van de sollicitatie bel dan met Marjan Burggraaf-Noordzij: 06 36 29 75 78
Geraakt door de advertentie en heb je interesse voor deze functie? Stuur dan een mail met daarin een reactie met de reden waarom je reageert op deze functie en voeg je CV toe. Graag de reactie in het Engels sturen naar email@example.com
De gesprekken zijn gepland eind januari 2018. Tot die tijd staat de advertentie open. Deze gesprekken vinden plaats in Zwijndrecht. Daarbij zijn aanwezig Piet Noordzij en Marjan Burggraaf (de aandeelhouders) en Hans Walhout (de General Manager van ESPBC).
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is a socially and environmentally responsible company that manufactures and trades raw material for the cosmetic and food industry, working closely with small-holder farmers in West Africa. The company is expanding and therefore they are recruiting a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for their team. This person will directly report to the General Manager.
For this position we are looking for nationals only.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Designing a framework for financial reporting and performance, including sales and profitability for each customer and channel
• Develop a process for implementation of a strategic plan
• Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting (continuous improvement).
• Implement, document and maintain accounting policies and procedures and drive optimization of cost improvements
• Implementing and improving analysis of standard costs including labor and overhead absorption.
• Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process and complete a realistic and achievable budget, for approval by the board of director
• Preparation of business cases and ROI analysis for key-investment decisions and new business opportunities, capital projects and IT investments
• Preparation of monthly financial reports, including analysis of performance against budget
• Safeguard the company’s assets and establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with International GAAP and other laws/regulations of Ghana.
• Secure donor funding and grants with follow up of related reporting
• Support external auditor requests
• Support the General Manager and executive team on key financial decisions
• Work with other members of finance team and the executive team to prepare board and investor materials.
The qualified candidate will not only possess a proven track record in finance and accounting, but will also demonstrate a sincere passion for working within a high-performance, mission-driven organization. A candidate with a passion for personal and company growth and the following skills and experiences:
• Advanced degree in Accounting, Business Economics, Finance or related field
• +10 years of experience in financial management and accounting
• experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
• Proven ability to operate ‘sleeves up’ in a fast-growing company
• Strong people leadership skills, with the ability to work with a team
• Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Personal resilience and a desire to win in the market place.
• Ability to travel frequently to Tamale and other field production sites in Ghana and West Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Financial Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE AND GENERAL ROLE EXPECTATIONS
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to all the company's businesses and to lead all Capex projects from Concept to Implementation. For this role we are recruiting national (The Netherlands) jobseekers only.
The position will involve the following functions:
(1) Planning and execution of CAPEX projects throughout Africa
(2) Implementation of Maintenance plans and monitoring of Maintenance Execution for all company sites
(3) Functional leadership to the on-site Technical Teams
(4) Develop and implement new processes and products according to the needs of the company
The position will report to the Managing Director with dotted line to Corporate Senior Project Manager
The R&D Assistant and Technical Roll Out Manager report directly to this position. The Countries Technical managers will have a dotted line report to this role.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING
Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree with additional education in food processing
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in factory engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and process development
• Significant experience in building new food factories in Africa
• Experience in the development of new processes and process improvement
• Extensive knowledge of project management in research
• Experience in the Starch Industry
Dordrecht (Netherlands) with travelling across all sites as needed
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Planning and execution of CAPEX projects
Maintenance of all Facilities and Equipment
Product development, meeting customer requests in line with business need. (considering hurdle rates): Lead definition and implementation of projects
Improvements (quality, energy, water usage, environmental impact and cost) of existing and new machinery and processes
Knowledge transfer and people development
Drive R&D projects with external partners
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCIES
• Mechanical and hygienic engineering knowledge
• Food processing and food equipment knowledge
• Starch production equipment and processes knowledge
• Strong in project management
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methods
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, speaking)
• Professional proficiency in English is a must
• Proficiency in French and Portuguese is advantageous
• International Standards on Environmental, Quality Systems and Hygienic Engineering
• Ability to implement, to sustain and improve, and to ensure compliance with people safety and food safety regulations.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Problem solving
• Crisis management
• Strategic thinker
• Building partnerships
• Financial skill sets
Management for results and impact
Self-Starter and self-motivated
Highly motivated and results orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Technical and RD Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Primary location: Ivory Coast, with frequent travel to The Netherlands
Our client provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to help the world.
Purpose of the role
The Construction Project Manager will work to deliver a safe, regulatory compliant and competitive project and lead the expansion project of the factory in Ivory Coast. He/she is responsible for the design, the engineering and the construction of the project.
The main purpose of the Construction Project Manager is being responsible for the project, to define and manage the scope, schedule and budget of the project. Below elements are integral part of the project.
• Health and Safety
• Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs
• Environmental and Energy
• Cost Engineering (budget, schedule, manpower resources)
The project will be executed with in house engineering in combination with a 3rd party Engineering Service Provider.
During construction, the Construction Project Manager will lead / manage the construction and installation activities on site (via supervisors, managers) and will make sure the installation is done safely, in scope, within budget & time and in line with the required quality as designed in earlier phases.
• Champions and reinforces the employers behavioural based safety process and zero fatalities
• Provides vision to the project team
• Lead the engineering based in Holland
• Lead the local team based in IVC
• Provides mentorship, coaching and development for team members and functional leads as appropriate.
• Ensure the project will be executed according to the defined timelines
• Prepares the plan for how the Construction project is executed, monitored and controlled
• delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations
• implement tools to ensure the project will be delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations tools to be used:
o Cost control
o Scope control
o Additional work
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems Engineering or other engineering discipline OR Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Field and minimum 10 years industrial experience.
• Fluent in English and French
• Demonstrated experience working with Environmental, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs experts to plan and execute the project to comply with the laws of the country for the project
• Experience managing Construction(Construction) Projects of at least $20MM investment.
• Experience leading projects from FEL1 through Execution.
• Experience working across multiple project teams and locations.
• Experience leading multifunctional teams.
• Experiencing applying Project Controls Principle throughout a project (Work Breakdown Structure, Cost Breakdown structure, estimating methods & validation, project execution planning and cost & schedules
• Experience managing Construction Projects up to $50MM investment.
• Strong influencing skills, ability to work across the organization and with multiple functions
• Demonstrated skills at managing and leading in complex and ambiguous situations
• Experience in working in West Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Project Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, based in Sri-Lanka, owns a large, modern feed mill in the country. It can produce up to 20.000 mt per month, A brand new innovative set up, and with state of the art equipment: We are looking to fill the position of:
The mill manager:
• Will oversee the DAY TO DAY running of the entire milling operation from the technical side, feed quality, management of the mill, admin, and ensure good financial results.
• This position calls for extensive experience, someone who is on the ball, on the job and assertive.
• He / she manages 65-70 people, thus strong LEADERSHIP skills are essential
• The mill is almost fully automated, and the job is technical.
• The candidate is also responsible stock control, quality.
• Proficiency in the field is necessary and hands-on work dynamic with industry experience with a track record.
• Manage at all levels and get stuck in where necessary to assist with cleaning/mechanical/technical duties.
• The candidate should be familiar with European brand machinery in large automated mills.
• an eye for detail, cleanliness and overall accountability is required.
• A self-motivated and energetic individual
• Relevant academia proficiencies
• 6-day week, Sundays off
• # days a year holiday to be discussed
• Salary is to be determined based on candidate and proficiencies
• Accommodation + car
• Phone, tickets,
• Medical considered
Single status / couples are encouraged to apply.
Factory Manager Soybean Oil production
Our clients vision is to unlock the potential of African agriculture through food processing, whilst they transform the lives of millions of Africans economically, socially and spiritually.
Currently our client has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified, well-motivated and driven individual to fill a role of Factory Manager for their Soybean Oil Production.
Purpose: To ensure that the operating profit of the Operating business unit complies with the required return on assets. Efficient running of the overall plant design capacity.
• Relevant Tertiary degree preferably a post graduate qualification
• Minimum of 10 years’ managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge on soybean oil production and hexane extraction of oil
• Have worked in solvent (hexane) extraction plants before
• Familiar with edible oil refining
• Prior experience in boilers
• Familiar with extrusion of vegetable protein can be seen as advantage
• Should have worked in MHI (major hazardous installation) before
• Should have worked in highly unionised environment previously
• Financially capable for budgetary control and reporting
• Worked on food safety in the past
• Mechanically inclined
• Must have handled large and complex teams in the past
• Ability to lead diverse teams, problem solving, interpersonal skills, crisis management / communication
• Identify the cause of poor cash flow, return on nett assets and business unit profits
• Operate plant within the approved budget for each business unit (Fixed and Variable)
• Achieving sales volumes as per budget of each Business Unit i.e: Extraction, Packing, Refinery, Texturized Vegetable Protein
• Achieving standard as set by Quality Assurance
• Efficient use of designed plant parameters (Coal / Paraffin Hexane / Electricity / Water / Overtime)
• Obtain favorable audit report on all compliance and risk matters
• Maintain high performance culture and contribute towards skills development of the workforce
• Build positive relations with Unions and stakeholders
Location and benefits
• South Africa
• Salary 1,3 mln ZAR a year, excluding additional package
Our client is a European family owned leading manufacturer of industrial packaging products. They deliver to, amongst others, the mining and agricultural sector. For their South African branch we are looking for a Business Development Manager.
Reporting to: Regional Director Southern Africa
Responsible for identifying and implementing new and existing opportunities within the sector in line with agreed strategies and policies as defined.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
* Identify, define and investigate new products/opportunities
* Investigate any existing projects identified by the company with a view of commercialization.
* Develop and implement strategies, objectives and budgets to exploit business opportunities.
* Analyse business/market trends, product line development, changes in future demand, competition and contacts.
* Implement strategies for developing existing products into existing markets as well as new markets.
* Be responsible for market intelligence
* Strengthen relations and maintain linkages between customer, sales and marketing and production.
* A Bachelors’ degree in any numeric discipline or experience hard core sales
* 7+ years’ experience gained in a relevant capacity.
* Commercial acumen and awareness is key.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* A ‘can do attitude’ and innovative thinking.
* Good leadership and organization skills.
* Proficiency of computer application packages.
* experience in industrial packaging
* knowledge of plastics is a pre
* knowledge of production processes, lead times, cost is a pre
* Afrikaans is a pre
* gross salary ZAR 600-700k per year, split up in basic and commission
* Upton 50% traveling (within South Africa and Namibia)