JOB SEARCH RESULT:
We are looking for an Operations Manager Sales & Distribution in Ghana. Our client is active in the aquaculture sector in Ghana.
There is a huge potential for growth and in the coming years the company wants to double their production and therefore this role is crucial to them.
The Operations Manager is mainly responsible for managing all Sales and Distribution activities for assigned depots and to all clients. In this role you will also be responsible for managing all staff to achieve sales distribution, merchandising goals, and maximization of store level sales opportunities through in-store promotions and customer service. The company wants to further implement e-commerce and making their products available for different client segments. This by ordering through apps and mobile phones and by being able to track & trace orders and distribution. The modern way of sales and distribution and a customer centric approach.
For this role we are seeking someone with an experience in tech, logistics, tools, data and he/she needs to be used to e-commerce and has ideally worked for a delivery company in Europe or elsewhere. This combined with having an experience in managing an operations, ideally in an African context.
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Manager Sales & Distribution in Ghana in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Department : Admin
Job Title : Insurance & Claims Specialist
Reports to : Head of Legal and Compliance
• The Insurance Claims Specialist performs a variety of activities related to all claims filed in favour and or against the company goal to maximize the recovery of losses through the timely and accurate filing of insurance claims.
• Under the direction of Head of Legal and Compliance, the Claims Specialist will also support the preparation of Legal documents, agreements and the paperwork’s related to contractual engagement.
• Determine root cause of curtailed items and determine whether supplemental claim, client expense, or loss has been incurred.
• Follow up on claim payment status for unpaid, filed claims and update the system with pending, submitted, withdrawn, and paid claim information.
• Prepare claim payment reconciliation to ensure full payment is received.
• Recommend improvements to established procedures and processes.
• Liaison between shareholder global insurance experts and local brokers.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree or its equivalent in Law or the appropriate field or related disciplines.
• Preferred 5 years functional experience 2 years at management level. Of which, 2 years’ experience in the equivalent combination of Insurance and Legal with at least 1 year experience in Insurance and or Claims.
Are you interested in becoming a Insurance & Claims Specialist in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Department : Human Resource
Job Title : Chief Human Resource Officer
Reports to : CFO
• To identify and evaluate areas of competitive advantage through the development of Human Resources and Organizational capabilities i.e. establish manpower plans, develop and implement performance management systems.
• Oversee and administer policies, Trade Union Agreements and industry related practices that foster the desired relationships between the employees and the company.
• To ensure the availability at all times, the right calibre and adequate number of people for the efficient operations of the company.
∙ Sets up and manage HR office efficiently
∙ Develop an HR strategy aligned with company’s overall goals.
∙ Implement performance based management, eventually linked to pay.
∙ Bring technological improvements to the general management of the people resources.
∙ Identify staffing and recruiting needs, while executing best practices for hiring, talent and discipline management.
∙ Plan and lead training programs, ensuring proper execution.
∙ Drive engagement and manage employee relations hereunder negotiations with the unions.
∙ Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices and regulatory changes and apply this to changes in policy, practice, and resources.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in the appropriate field i.e. Human Resource Management, Psychology or related disciplines with 10 years functional experience 6 years of which must be at management level.
• Must have ability to innovate, think conceptually, apply proven problem solving skills and develop appropriate solution strategies.
• Proficient in the use of Micro-soft office suit and Human Resource information management systems.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Human Resource Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Department : Assets Maintenance
Job Title : Workshop Manager
Reports to : Assets Maintenance Manager
• Responsible for ensuring that the requisite Workshop infrastructure, tools, machinery and manpower are well in place for the efficient R&M support of the Terminal Equipment & Facility including controlling the usage of spare parts and consumables.
• Functions include planning, coordinating, and monitoring preventative maintenance activities as well as trouble shooting and repairs of faults so to achieve maximum availability of equipment and a reduction in maintenance costs.
• Maintain clean and safe working environment.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering with relevant Technical Degree or equivalent qualification.
• 10 years previous experience with at least 3 years at managerial level in an international container terminal.
• Sound knowledge of relevant electro/pneumatic/hydraulic engineering systems which include hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical circuits.
• With specific working knowledge of maintenance of Gantry Cranes, electric generators as well as Reachstackers, Empty Handlers, forklifts and other associated terminal equipment.
• Good communication skills with fluency in both written and oral English.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for an Electronics Engineer, based at their plant in Ghana.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrating and designing electronic systems
- Maintaining timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding engineering activities
- Develop solutions to eliminate machine and system malfunctions
- Create standard methods for reviewing, evaluating, and inspecting products during development and production
- Analyze data daily
- Mechatronics / Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical and engineering work
Are you interested in becoming an Electronics Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a company within the agricultural industry, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager to become the Head of department. The start date for this role is January 2021 preferably, because of a replacement. The company is offering all kind of services to farmers and they are working according to international standards. The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure all Human Resources related policies, procedures and standards of practice are in place, are current and adhered to. Recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees. Payroll management.
The company is currently going through a restructuring and we are therefore seeking a strong candidate with an experience in restructuring of departments and/or companies.
In this role you are directly reporting to the Operations Manager and you will have an Assistant that is reporting to you in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Accomplishes human resource objectives by facilitating processes for: recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; and manage existing employees.
• Monitoring, appraising, reviewing and maintaining personnel records of performance reviews
• Developing, reviewing, revising and ensuring compliance with of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records, management and analyses of all staff training, workshops, seminars and meetings attended by or organized for staff development.
• Management of Payroll
• Execute Management decisions, change management proposals, dismissal, resignation and end of service
• Contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; providing leadership in professional societies
• Degree/Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
• Preferably experience in an agricultural environment
• Minimum 3 – 5 years proven leadership and management experience in a Human Resources Management role and a total of 7-10 years of experience in HR.
• Current knowledge and application of labour and labour related legislative frameworks
• + 2 years of experience with change management, restructuring of department or companies
• Putting procedures and processes in place
• Experience with Unions in Ghana
• Employee branding and employee satisfaction
Are you interested in becoming a Human Resource Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for a Country Manager to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders of our client. The Country Manager mainly has an operational role in leading the office and managing 25+ office and field staff, and a representation role towards local farmer groups and partners. However, in your role, you will be working in collaboration with the procurement team, and with project managers responsible for various portfolio’s. The role of the Country Manager is to facilitate and enable the execution of all on the ground sustainability activities from documenting land titles for 3.000 farmers to starting 100 savings groups for farmers in Ghana.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Represent the organization towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feed sector developments to HQ
• Maintain meaningful relationships with govt offices and sector partners
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
2. Manage the country office with sustainability team of 25+ of program managers and field teams
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between the team members.
• Manage recruitment, HR performance management, personal development for all staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX procurement
• Ensure alignment within the team, facilitating exchange and coordination among different portfolio’s
3. Monitor progress of certification, mapping and traceability activities of suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection with project managers and the field staff;
• Directly manage the certification officer in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Provide support to M&E project manager on the strategy and execution of farmer database management, mapping and traceability recordkeeping to ensure up to date reporting to HQ
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
4. Supplier relation management and support on procurement and shipment
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on volume + sustainability premiums
• Directly manage the Shipment liaison to realize shipment
5. Finance and project audits
• Manage and optimize the expenditure of country budget and cash request, by identifying cost savings and synergies and finding solutions when budget lines risk to be exceeded
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc)
• Coordinate contracted premium payments to suppliers and liaise on cashflow for operations with financial management of suppliers
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Comfortable with intercultural communication
• Working well in a fast-paced working environment
• Self-starter, problem-solver, an ambitious and passionate worker
• Driven to improve projects and procedures
• Fluency in English
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Milani Planet is a leading, independent, Swiss family-owned group of companies existing since 1993 that produces high quality agricultural products and has control over the value chain from cultivation to retailing abroad. Our focus is on market expansion, sustainability, health and safety and innovation.
Milani Planet invites applications from resilient, creative, and great team players to fill the following position for our Ghana Plantation:
HR BUSINESS PARTNER
The HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner Position (HRBP) is responsible for managing the company’s overall HR efficiently for the benefit of the employee and the company (win-win). This includes but not limited to Planning Staffing needs, recruitments, training, talent management, evaluation, compensation and benefits and separations.
The HRBP is the leading communicator among management, entire staff and to parties outside the company in HR matters.
• Implement a functional HR Structure and processes.
• Manage change
• Consult with line managers and provide HR guidance where appropriate.
• Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Assist Managers with personnel issues and administration of personnel policies.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Plan the company agenda, scheduling, and promote Company events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
• Driven by a strong desire to do an excellent job with high standards of loyalty and integrity
• Strong HR Management skills (Strategic thinking, professional and practical HR lead)
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• 5 -10 years’ work experience in industry is desirable
• Quick comprehension, initiative, creativity
• Interest and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Highly disciplined, loyal and able to maintain confidentiality.
Are you interested in becoming an HR Business Partner in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job