JOB SEARCH RESULT:
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Our client is a large European distributor of food commodities that is expanding into the Ghanaian market. They are looking for an independent and self-motivated person to become their Regional Sales Manager in Ghana.
• Secure continuity and expansion of the company’s position on the Ghanaian market linked to the annual business and the companies long term plan for Africa and more specific Ghana.
• Acquire new customers -in close cooperation with the local distributors/agents- and grow our business with existing customers
• Scout opportunities with larger customers and (international) chains like hotels, restaurants, retail, convenience
• Launch new products -together with the distributor/agent- on the market, support and promote the products and brands and scout opportunities in the market for new concepts and products
• Build local networks
• Make optimal use of assigned marketing budgets for brand communication and visibility in the market
• Support our distributor’s/agents in the market regarding logistic affairs, managing information and communication to and from the head office in Europe
• Support the Area Manager Africa on a day to day base in the local market and report on a weekly basis e.g. results, opportunities.
• Competences: can convince and influence, relation/network manager, entrepreneurial, commercial and promotional skills
• Price and trade term negotiation is NOT the responsibility of the sales manager
• Activation, Initiation and out roll promotions
What we are looking for:
• Local employee - Ghana based
• International attitude - with respect for being able to work locally for a European company
• Should have experience in sales and business development, preferably for a larger company in food manufacturing
• Somebody that can work around and be accepted by the local distributors and agents
• Should have sales/promotion/market execution experience and a sales/customer network in the Ghanaian market.
• Should have experience with working with agents/distributors
• Next to local language(s) should be sufficient in English (both written and oral), French is a nice extra.
What is on offer:
• One-year contract, with possible extension
• Standalone job with loads of traveling
• Competitive package with sales related bonus
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client that is operating in 60 countries worldwide, we are seeking a Commercial Manager in Accra. The company is focused on helping their clients in the agricultural environment, to cultivate business growth by offering high-quality chemical solutions.
The purpose of the role is to develop a sales strategy for the organisation and to ensure that there are distribution channels in all areas in Ghana and that this market is activated with the right sales and annual turnover and results.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Analyse customer needs and study the competition in the market
• Define the product positioning: product, price, promotion, place (4 P)
• Determine and coordinate the communication and promotion policy
• Track sales trends
• Improve results and control costs
• Formalize and / or validate all the technical documentation of the product in the market: technological performances, new services, new uses, prices ...
• Provide internal communication, especially with sales teams to accompany the launch of the product
• Manage a team of promotors
• Reporting of commercial- and marketing activities and performance
• Ghanaian National
• Bachelor Degree
• +/- 5 years of experience in a similar sales position preferably in (agro)chemicals and supplies and working with dealers and agents in a similar environment
• Excellent communicator and networker
• Very result oriented and proactive
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Manager Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Managing Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Travel: Approximately 50% international
Start Date: TBD
Established in 2011, the Global Shea Alliance (www.globalshea.com) is a non-profit industry association with 450 members from 33 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and civil society. Through public private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics.
The managing director leads a dynamic, multidisciplinary team to develop, scale, and execute the association’s agenda. The executive develops the association strategy through multi-stakeholder facilitation, manages implementation of all policies and projects, raises public and private funding to scale activities, oversees finances, and facilitates the governance structure.
- Facilitate sustainability and quality working groups to develop member guidelines, standards, implementation models, and best practices.
- Coordinate member and stakeholder feedback on association activities.
- Propose new projects and course corrections at the level of working groups, executive committee, and general assembly.
- Achieve industry consensus of any proposed policy or activity.
- Oversee the development of the GSA sustainability program and related guidelines, implementation criteria, work streams, technical manuals, and research initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality standards for shea kernels and butter.
- Launch global promotion working group to develop industry marketing activities.
- Recruit and manage a 10-person secretariat team based in Accra with specialties in sustainability, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, partnership development, communications, and finance.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for approval of executive committee and relevant donors.
- Ensure target completion of funded initiatives including warehouses, cooperative development, health and safety, environmental conservation, parkland management, and tree planting.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and best practice development for implemented activities.
- Manage relationships with key donors and private funding partners.
- Ensure compliance with donor contractual requirements.
- Oversee production and high-quality delivery of member and donor reports.
- Coordinate four international conferences and exhibitions in Africa, U.S., and EU to promote the industry and association activities.
- Oversee regular communication via website, newsletters, electronic mailings, and social media.
- Facilitate publication and dissemination of consumer and industry facing articles and videos.
- Oversee individual member advisory services and market linkage activities.
- Implement policy reforms to alleviate trade barriers related to food safety and identity regulations through legal interventions, multinational dialogue, and public private collaboration.
- Oversee implementation of industry research initiatives and publications.
- Represent association at high level industry and government forums.
- Lead recruitment of new private members ensuring broad based geographical and stakeholder representation, with a particular focus on membership expansion of large category end-users of shea based products.
- Develop partnerships with existing members to implement existing policies and projects.
- Develop partnerships with public and private donors to raise funding and implement association policies related to sustainability, quality, and promotion.
- Oversee production of technical and cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Negotiate and sign contracts with donors.
- Lead growth of internal funds generated related to service provision.
Governance and Financial Management
- Coordinate executive committee activities including bi-annual meetings and finance, membership, and policy subcommittees.
- Ensure member and donor approval of all relevant activities.
- Facilitate the annual general assembly, annual report production, and associating voting processes.
- Authorize daily expenditures and oversee procurement procedures.
- Oversee production of monthly bank reconciliations, cash book production, variance analysis, and executive committee financial reports.
- Oversee and approval all donor financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee annual financial audit and publication of financial statements.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-level leadership position with industry or civil society, preferably related to natural ingredient supply chains.
• Demonstrated ability to raise significant public and private funding for social and environmental initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with industry stakeholders including food and cosmetic brands, ingredient suppliers, women’s groups, and non-profit organizations while ensuring anti-trust compliance and confidentiality of propriety information.
• Proven project management experience to implement large complex initiatives with multiple donors and partners.
• Proficiency with industry, consumer facing, and non-profit related communications.
• Background in multi-stakeholder facilitation.
• Background in non-profit management.
• Experience with rural development and women’s empowerment in Africa.
• Fluent in English.
• Proficient in French.
The motivation should include a brief paragraph outlining specific accomplishments related to relevant qualifications.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
* Premium job
Note: this is not a job! It concerns the sale of the well-known Coffee Corner on Beach Road, in Takoradi-Sekondi , Ghana.
For further information, please contact Marjolein Rovers on firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Coffee Corner opened its doors in July 2013 at this A-location and has been profitable since day one, because it is one of a kind. It is seen as the place to go for both breakfast and lunch and said to serve the best coffee of Ghana. The owners are leaving due to a new business venture in another country.
Coffee Corner: attractive to both expats and locals
With the new oil economy, a large group of expats came to Takoradi, most of which are now regular customers. As such, Coffee Corner enjoys a stable customer base, since it is also a popular place to go for the local Ghanaian community.
Coffee Corner in short
• A-location: 5 minutes to the port, 5 minutes to town, 5 minutes from the airport.
• Seats 50 people inside and there is an outside patio for smokers.
• Own building (located on well priced rented land) and parking space for at least 20 cars.
• Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel counters and professional ovens.
• La Marzocco coffee machine with two groups.
• Huge store room with own walk in freezer of approx. 14 m3
• Own office space with own facilities (currently rented out on short term) and a separate entrance.
• Own reefer car (Citroen Jumpy) and two generator sets (20 KVA and 30 KVA) on premises.
• Great growing potential
• Key benefits: settled in Takoradi with a great reputation and an ever growing customer base (both private people as businesses), good area for expats, A-location with easy access.
• Premises: approx. 160 m2
• Current number of staff: 10
• An existing group of suppliers
• Current owner will help you as a foreigner with getting a work & residence permit needed to work and reside in Ghana as a foreigner.
• All the permits of a restaurant
The purchase will be of the shop as is. For further information, please contact Marjolein Rovers on email@example.com.
• Coffee Corner Homepage
• Tripadvisor (Coffee Corner has been no. 1 in Takoradi since it opened)
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
For our international client in Accra, we are seeking a hands-on and proactive Financial Office Manager, who will be part of a relatively new and still developing office from where they service the whole of West Africa.
Being part of a startup, within a global company, being hands-on and proactive is essential to fulfill the role. A real ‘can do’ and service minded approach is required as a member of a small team.
In the position of Financial Office Manager you will be directly reporting to General Manager of West Africa.
The role is an urgent position and candidates are able to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of job:
Responsible for overall office management, most importantly collection-, consolidation-, of financial data by means of accounting, analyzing, budgeting and financial reporting. Performing this functions by using the applicable (sub) systems effectively and in line with budgets, standards and procedures, to ensure accounting information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Specific requirements that the applicant must have experience in:
- Ghana Income Tax
- Withholding taxes
- General Ghana statutory requirements and general compliance
- General accounting functions
- General office management
- Managing local and international creditors
- Foreign Exchange
- Intercompany reporting
- Min. a Bachelor Degree in accounting/finance
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- SAP experience
- MS office suit, advanced skills
- English Fluency
- Preferably having a background within an environment such as logistics, engineering, transport
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Office Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.