JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Purpose of the role
This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of cooperate environment, health and safety programs and regulatory compliance, within the cocoa buying stations and district warehouses to ensure effective and proactive programs are in place to enable the business to achieve a zero incident safety culture.
We are looking for candidates with an experience within a food processing and manufacturing environment.
The EHS Manager:
• Is accountable for training and educating employees and contractors on environment, health and safety policies and procedures to ensure the development of a sustainable EHS program and continual improvement.
• Will ensure that safety equipment and apparatus are fully operational and are fit for use.
• will investigate, report and evaluate environmental and safety complaints and incidents in line with Corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Management of security at the cocoa buying stations and district warehouses.
• Responsible for the daily operation of the security personnel assigned by the security service provider.
• improve awareness and understanding, and be accountable for measuring and ensuring compliance with internal and external regulatory laws and requirements. Present annual EHS plans, goals, objectives and results.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor environmental and industrial hygiene surveys, risk assessments and studies to discover and determine hazards/risks that may affect stakeholders safety. Reduce our environmental footprint within the community.
• Oversees the implementation of required training and performance management systems. Assist management to assess current environmental, safety and health program needs and any other assigned duties.
• Provide guidance to security contract staff and organize quarterly meetings with security service provider on performance of guards and other issues with the security service provider. Manage security breaches (stealing, trespassing, drunkenness, unsafe behaviour and unsafe equipment from third parties.
Are you interested in becoming an EHS Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are currently seeking for an experienced Country Sales Manager for a local brand in Ghana.
The company produces high quality natural products/cosmetics from the finest raw ingredients. Since their brand is having a high demand and they want to start looking at exporting to other countries, they are looking for a strong sales person.
He or she will be responsible for expanding the brand and its visibility, and will directly deal with wholesalers in the country and will also be responsible for increasing the number of wholesalers. In Ghana there is a huge potential for their organic products and its therefore a great opportunity.
Our client is an international company active in transport and logistics.
West Africa as a subarea , which has tremendous growth opportunities. Operating in this area offers a challenging, diverse and complex environment.
The position demands a multi skilled leader who will take the organization to the next anticipated growth level.
Overall Responsibility :
Define, develop and initiate the West African Growth strategy / ambition for our client closely with senior management.
Developing a good understanding of the specifics of the African Market
Build and manage a high qualitiy team to reach the sales goals set by the company
Achieving targets to ensure profitability of all the services :
Set defined goals on volumes and optimization of revenues
Develop and grow Key Accounts
Actively participate and engage with customers on a regular basis
Prepare Budgets and adjustments
Define pricing strategy together with respective Trade Management teams
Identify potential cost savings and implementing measures
Effectively manage and monitor sales performances
Efficiently steer the equipment
Participate and execute special projects in West, East and Southern Africa
Develop a team with a mindset of conquering the markets in Africa. This will include :
- Frequent and short notice travels to any location in Africa
- To achieve African targets
- To put in place a Sales pipeline and actively monitor progress of this pipeline
- Gaining knowledge of the industry and competition
- Promote positive morale and support career development
Ensure adequate and timely utilization of Customer Relationship Management Tools
Promote the usage of HL e-biz tools in the Area along with Customer Service
Ensure all HL processes are well known and strictly implement throughout the organization
Support Finance A/R team to achieve DSO targets
Support all departments and develop team work with all Directors /Managers
Ensure full compliance adherence to local and international rules/regulations relevant to HL activities
Proactively take the ownership to meet other BU such as Customer Service, Business Administration and Operations to ensure cross-functional knowledge on sales department required or customer requirements.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
Preferably a degree in Business, Sales , Marketing or equivalent
Comprehensive experience in trade management, logistics and/or liner shipping
Good knowledge of the workflow and processes in the transportation industry
Knowledge of African Market. Having lived in Africa, or same environment would definitely be an added advantage
Excellent command of spoken and written English. Ability to speak and write in French and / or Portuguese will be an added advantage)
Knowledge of user applications systems (FIS, CRM, Web Focus/Hyperion, MS Office) will be an added advantage else candidate will need to show motivation to learn
Analytical with ability to identify market opportunities, good problem-solving and organizational skills
Customer-oriented with positive attitude
Can demonstrate leadership skills to lead and motivate a team
Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
Commitment to Task; willing to work very hard to achieve results and targets.
Team player with a proactive attitude
Result driven and persuasiveness
Ability to communicate and collaborate
Ability to work under pressure
Courage to make decisions and accepting responsibility
Multi skilling and quick decision maker
Positive image to customers and colleagues:
Capacity to support and inspire
Open and honest attitude
Lead by example
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Sales Manager West Africa in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
• Chartered Accountant with 6-10 years' post qualification experience
• Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 15 for construction companies)
• Has experience of independent charge of accounts & finance function
• Has managed a team size of 3-4 members
• Good spoken and written communication skills & interpersonal skills
• 2-3 years’ working experience in West Africa would be of advantage
• Familiar with local tax regulations
• Worked in construction/mining industry
• Big 4 background
• Handling banking relationships
• Experience in ERP implementation
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Heads and monitors day to day finance operations for the region
• Works towards improving policies and procedures to ensure adequate control environment is in place
• Works along the Operations Head to manage project costing
• Ensures group reporting is done to the Head Office regularly
• Interacts with statutory auditors and ensures timely closure of local annual audits.
• Mentors & guides the accounting / finance team
• Ensures compliance with local regulations.
• Assist the Group Manager – Taxes, to prepare a detailed tax planning document for the region.
• Assists the Financial Controller / CFO from time to time on any finance department related matters.
• Ensures smooth implementation of ERP system.
Reporting to: President Africa & CFO
Minimum qualifications: Chartered Accountant
Position based in: Ghana
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Position: Managing Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Travel: Approximately 50% international
Start Date: TBD
Established in 2011, the Global Shea Alliance (www.globalshea.com) is a non-profit industry association with 450 members from 33 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and civil society. Through public private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics.
The managing director leads a dynamic, multidisciplinary team to develop, scale, and execute the association’s agenda. The executive develops the association strategy through multi-stakeholder facilitation, manages implementation of all policies and projects, raises public and private funding to scale activities, oversees finances, and facilitates the governance structure.
- Facilitate sustainability and quality working groups to develop member guidelines, standards, implementation models, and best practices.
- Coordinate member and stakeholder feedback on association activities.
- Propose new projects and course corrections at the level of working groups, executive committee, and general assembly.
- Achieve industry consensus of any proposed policy or activity.
- Oversee the development of the GSA sustainability program and related guidelines, implementation criteria, work streams, technical manuals, and research initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality standards for shea kernels and butter.
- Launch global promotion working group to develop industry marketing activities.
- Recruit and manage a 10-person secretariat team based in Accra with specialties in sustainability, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, partnership development, communications, and finance.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for approval of executive committee and relevant donors.
- Ensure target completion of funded initiatives including warehouses, cooperative development, health and safety, environmental conservation, parkland management, and tree planting.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and best practice development for implemented activities.
- Manage relationships with key donors and private funding partners.
- Ensure compliance with donor contractual requirements.
- Oversee production and high-quality delivery of member and donor reports.
- Coordinate four international conferences and exhibitions in Africa, U.S., and EU to promote the industry and association activities.
- Oversee regular communication via website, newsletters, electronic mailings, and social media.
- Facilitate publication and dissemination of consumer and industry facing articles and videos.
- Oversee individual member advisory services and market linkage activities.
- Implement policy reforms to alleviate trade barriers related to food safety and identity regulations through legal interventions, multinational dialogue, and public private collaboration.
- Oversee implementation of industry research initiatives and publications.
- Represent association at high level industry and government forums.
- Lead recruitment of new private members ensuring broad based geographical and stakeholder representation, with a particular focus on membership expansion of large category end-users of shea based products.
- Develop partnerships with existing members to implement existing policies and projects.
- Develop partnerships with public and private donors to raise funding and implement association policies related to sustainability, quality, and promotion.
- Oversee production of technical and cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Negotiate and sign contracts with donors.
- Lead growth of internal funds generated related to service provision.
Governance and Financial Management
- Coordinate executive committee activities including bi-annual meetings and finance, membership, and policy subcommittees.
- Ensure member and donor approval of all relevant activities.
- Facilitate the annual general assembly, annual report production, and associating voting processes.
- Authorize daily expenditures and oversee procurement procedures.
- Oversee production of monthly bank reconciliations, cash book production, variance analysis, and executive committee financial reports.
- Oversee and approval all donor financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee annual financial audit and publication of financial statements.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-level leadership position with industry or civil society, preferably related to natural ingredient supply chains.
• Demonstrated ability to raise significant public and private funding for social and environmental initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with industry stakeholders including food and cosmetic brands, ingredient suppliers, women’s groups, and non-profit organizations while ensuring anti-trust compliance and confidentiality of propriety information.
• Proven project management experience to implement large complex initiatives with multiple donors and partners.
• Proficiency with industry, consumer facing, and non-profit related communications.
• Background in multi-stakeholder facilitation.
• Background in non-profit management.
• Experience with rural development and women’s empowerment in Africa.
• Fluent in English.
• Proficient in French.
The motivation should include a brief paragraph outlining specific accomplishments related to relevant qualifications.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
* Premium job
Note: this is not a job! It concerns the sale of the well-known Coffee Corner on Beach Road, in Takoradi-Sekondi , Ghana.
For further information, please contact Marjolein Rovers on email@example.com directly.
Coffee Corner opened its doors in July 2013 at this A-location and has been profitable since day one, because it is one of a kind. It is seen as the place to go for both breakfast and lunch and said to serve the best coffee of Ghana. The owners are leaving due to a new business venture in another country.
Coffee Corner: attractive to both expats and locals
With the new oil economy, a large group of expats came to Takoradi, most of which are now regular customers. As such, Coffee Corner enjoys a stable customer base, since it is also a popular place to go for the local Ghanaian community.
Coffee Corner in short
• A-location: 5 minutes to the port, 5 minutes to town, 5 minutes from the airport.
• Seats 50 people inside and there is an outside patio for smokers.
• Own building (located on well priced rented land) and parking space for at least 20 cars.
• Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel counters and professional ovens.
• La Marzocco coffee machine with two groups.
• Huge store room with own walk in freezer of approx. 14 m3
• Own office space with own facilities (currently rented out on short term) and a separate entrance.
• Own reefer car (Citroen Jumpy) and two generator sets (20 KVA and 30 KVA) on premises.
• Great growing potential
• Key benefits: settled in Takoradi with a great reputation and an ever growing customer base (both private people as businesses), good area for expats, A-location with easy access.
• Premises: approx. 160 m2
• Current number of staff: 10
• An existing group of suppliers
• Current owner will help you as a foreigner with getting a work & residence permit needed to work and reside in Ghana as a foreigner.
• All the permits of a restaurant
The purchase will be of the shop as is. For further information, please contact Marjolein Rovers on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Coffee Corner Homepage
• Tripadvisor (Coffee Corner has been no. 1 in Takoradi since it opened)
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.