JOB SEARCH RESULT:
The Managing Director, is a first member of the team for the port project, and serves as a strategic partner and advisor to the client’s management team and Director – Global Investments. As the Managing Director, the candidate will set-up and provide leadership and direction to the (project) team responsible for delivering the services under the Concession Agreement, and manage the day-to-day affairs of the company including but not limited to construction, financial, operational, administrative, community relations, and customer creation and service. The Managing Director will be the primary contact point between all port-related government bodies.
The right candidate is an engaging and focused leader who leverages best practice management skills to maximize team performance. As an individual the Managing Director is highly adaptive and excels in a dynamic environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directing functions & performance
• Sets up & Leads the local team in management of day-to-day affairs of the company.
• Ensures that all managers are up to date with the concession related terms.
• Oversees annual budget requirements, approving budget guidelines, with end accountability for the achievement of both budget and financial goals of the organization in accordance with the business plan and updated financial model.
2. Contract Management
• Ensures that all company activities are carried out in commercial, technical, operational compliance with the concession agreement, projects agreements, financing agreements, service agreements and agreed business plan.
• Interfaces with all major contractors and vendors to achieve the agreed performance output as contracted.
• Ensures all contractual obligations of the company are fully met.
• Secures appropriate long-term service contracts.
• Seeks opportunities to enhance the popularity of the port and increase the project’s revenue potential.
3. Communication & Liaison
• Builds and actively manages relationships with all stakeholders.
• Represents the organization with the shareholders, the financial community and the public including the media.
4. Developing the business strategy
• Provides the vision, leadership and direction for the company. Establishes short and long-term goals, objectives, plans and policies, subject to approval by the client’s management.
• Develops the commercial strategy for approval by the client’s management.
• Develops and manages the business plan and annual operating plan.
5. Recruitment and Development
• Recruits / manages the local Senior Management team, and provides mentoring/guidance to senior managers.
• Implements a relevant performance management system.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• At least fifteen (15+) plus years of working as an MD or CEO with experience in successfully managing concessions agreements and port/ off-shore construction projects, in Ghana or West Africa.
• Extensive managerial and leadership knowledge, applying best practices to all sections of the business.
• Successful Track record of stakeholder management and dealing with senior authorities, bureaucrats and ministry level individuals.
• Excellent contacts with public authorities in Ghana.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including a high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
• In-depth understanding of financial concepts, financial models and hands-on with the financial implications of the project implementation processes.
• Excellent business acumen, including project management skills.
• Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• A collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
• Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
All applicants are required to submit to a complete background check and medical examination as a condition of employment. Only candidates that have successfully passed both checks will be eligible for employment.
If you’re interested in the position of Managing Director apply through this link.
Our client is a large commercial farm located in the Northern part of Ghana in the seed business. They are focused on expansion of their work and increasingly building capacity to be among the major seed producers in Ghana.
Do you have corporate management experience in the (seed) agribusiness and proven track of record for effective
team management, results-driven leadership and turn a company into a commercial profitable business?
We are searching a dynamic and commercially oriented team leader to join the company in the role of Managing Director for a company in the Northern part of Ghana.
Responsibilities and Duties
I. Strategic Leadership
• Direct the company in keeping with the commercial vision outlined for the company by the Board of Directors.
• Build a strong team of Senior Managers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability and profitability.
• Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
• Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
• Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
II. Operations Management
• Develop a profitable seed strategy and oversee its execution including operational cropping plan, budgets, quality ,marketing and sales.
• Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
• Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
• Oversee day-to-day commercial operations of the company.
III. Financial Management
• Work closely with the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to prepare annual budgets, carry out risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
• Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
IV. Human Resource management
• Strengthen the Human Resources (HR) function regarding hiring practices, payroll, training and benefit disbursement.
• Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with the respective managers
• Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
Qualifications and Skills
• A Master’s Degree in, Commercial Agriculture , Seed , Business Administration, or related subject areas
• At least 5 years of corporate managerial experience in agribusiness
• Experience with corporate governance.
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
• Good appreciation of general finance and accounting concepts. Understanding of financial statements is a must.
• Advanced skills in MS Office and accounting software
• Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
• Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
African candidates, especially Ghanaians are encouraged to apply.
The Project Director, is a first member of the project implementation team for the port project and serves as a strategic partner and advisor to the client’s management and Director – Global Investments, and shall be responsible for the successful delivery of the project concession, the transaction and partnership structure, the relevant approval processes and then the successful implementation of the project after taking handover of the concession area including but not limited to construction, financial, operational, administrative and customer creation and service.
The Project Director position will liaise with the Director – Global Investments on matters pertaining to stakeholder management with respect to the concession negotiations, signing and approval processes, partnership structures, concession area handover, construction tender and management, community relations, and political sensitivities that may or will impact the successful delivery of the project concession and its post-handover implementation. Based on the candidate, his experience and his delivery during the early phase of the project implementation process, the position has an opportunity to morph into one of the top roles at the operating organization including possibly CEO, CFO, COO or similar.
A high-caliber Head of Project Delivery with substantial prior accomplishments in successfully leading concession negotiations and securing, approval processes and initiatives leading to the successful achievement of a valid concession agreement leading on to concession area handover, construction implementation and the ultimate operationalization of the project.
An engaging and focused leader who leverages best practice management skills to maximize team performance.
An individual that is highly adaptive and can excel in a dynamic environment.
Exercises a credible and value-creating style of business partnering.
Driven, grounded and progressive person who is robust and hands-on.
Commercial acumen coupled with analytical and strategic thinking capacity.
Understanding of financial concepts, financial models and hands-on with the financial implications of the project implementation processes.
Stakeholder management experience and dealing with senior authorities, bureaucrats and ministry level individuals.
Experience with offshore services port industry (or in other words, oil and gas port services industry) is an advantage.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND BEHAVIORS
Minimum of fifteen plus (15+) years of relevant and applicable professional experience.
Extensive experience working as a Project Implementation and/or Business Development Manager and successfully managing high-value projects with “Marine Construction”.
Experience with managing FIDIC contracts.
Good understanding of business operations (business acumen) including project management
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, public speaking, presentations and managing through influence. Must have exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
Strong bias for action and ability to energize others to work toward the achievement of
organizational goals and objectives.
Strong relationship management skills including negotiations and conflict resolution capabilities
Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with key stakeholders and colleagues.
Ability to identify potential risks and corrective actions. Sound analytical and reasoning skills – focus on “root cause” identification and remediation and/or mitigation.
Significant experience writing effective reports which clearly and concisely describe risk assessment; reports are easily accessible to the technical and non-technical professional.
Fluency in English Language (written & spoken) is essential.
All applicants are required to submit to a complete background check and medical examination as a condition of employment. Only candidates that have successfully passed both checks will be eligible for employment.
If you’re interested in the position of Project Director apply through the apply button.
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Position: Managing Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Travel: Approximately 50% international
Start Date: TBD
Established in 2011, the Global Shea Alliance (www.globalshea.com) is a non-profit industry association with 450 members from 33 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and civil society. Through public private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics.
The managing director leads a dynamic, multidisciplinary team to develop, scale, and execute the association’s agenda. The executive develops the association strategy through multi-stakeholder facilitation, manages implementation of all policies and projects, raises public and private funding to scale activities, oversees finances, and facilitates the governance structure.
- Facilitate sustainability and quality working groups to develop member guidelines, standards, implementation models, and best practices.
- Coordinate member and stakeholder feedback on association activities.
- Propose new projects and course corrections at the level of working groups, executive committee, and general assembly.
- Achieve industry consensus of any proposed policy or activity.
- Oversee the development of the GSA sustainability program and related guidelines, implementation criteria, work streams, technical manuals, and research initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality standards for shea kernels and butter.
- Launch global promotion working group to develop industry marketing activities.
- Recruit and manage a 10-person secretariat team based in Accra with specialties in sustainability, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, partnership development, communications, and finance.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for approval of executive committee and relevant donors.
- Ensure target completion of funded initiatives including warehouses, cooperative development, health and safety, environmental conservation, parkland management, and tree planting.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and best practice development for implemented activities.
- Manage relationships with key donors and private funding partners.
- Ensure compliance with donor contractual requirements.
- Oversee production and high-quality delivery of member and donor reports.
- Coordinate four international conferences and exhibitions in Africa, U.S., and EU to promote the industry and association activities.
- Oversee regular communication via website, newsletters, electronic mailings, and social media.
- Facilitate publication and dissemination of consumer and industry facing articles and videos.
- Oversee individual member advisory services and market linkage activities.
- Implement policy reforms to alleviate trade barriers related to food safety and identity regulations through legal interventions, multinational dialogue, and public private collaboration.
- Oversee implementation of industry research initiatives and publications.
- Represent association at high level industry and government forums.
- Lead recruitment of new private members ensuring broad based geographical and stakeholder representation, with a particular focus on membership expansion of large category end-users of shea based products.
- Develop partnerships with existing members to implement existing policies and projects.
- Develop partnerships with public and private donors to raise funding and implement association policies related to sustainability, quality, and promotion.
- Oversee production of technical and cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Negotiate and sign contracts with donors.
- Lead growth of internal funds generated related to service provision.
Governance and Financial Management
- Coordinate executive committee activities including bi-annual meetings and finance, membership, and policy subcommittees.
- Ensure member and donor approval of all relevant activities.
- Facilitate the annual general assembly, annual report production, and associating voting processes.
- Authorize daily expenditures and oversee procurement procedures.
- Oversee production of monthly bank reconciliations, cash book production, variance analysis, and executive committee financial reports.
- Oversee and approval all donor financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee annual financial audit and publication of financial statements.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-level leadership position with industry or civil society, preferably related to natural ingredient supply chains.
• Demonstrated ability to raise significant public and private funding for social and environmental initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with industry stakeholders including food and cosmetic brands, ingredient suppliers, women’s groups, and non-profit organizations while ensuring anti-trust compliance and confidentiality of propriety information.
• Proven project management experience to implement large complex initiatives with multiple donors and partners.
• Proficiency with industry, consumer facing, and non-profit related communications.
• Background in multi-stakeholder facilitation.
• Background in non-profit management.
• Experience with rural development and women’s empowerment in Africa.
• Fluent in English.
• Proficient in French.
The motivation should include a brief paragraph outlining specific accomplishments related to relevant qualifications.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
* Premium job
Note: this is not a job! It concerns the sale of the well-known Coffee Corner on Beach Road, in Takoradi-Sekondi , Ghana.
For further information, please contact Marjolein Rovers on email@example.com directly.
Coffee Corner opened its doors in July 2013 at this A-location and has been profitable since day one, because it is one of a kind. It is seen as the place to go for both breakfast and lunch and said to serve the best coffee of Ghana. The owners are leaving due to a new business venture in another country.
Coffee Corner: attractive to both expats and locals
With the new oil economy, a large group of expats came to Takoradi, most of which are now regular customers. As such, Coffee Corner enjoys a stable customer base, since it is also a popular place to go for the local Ghanaian community.
Coffee Corner in short
• A-location: 5 minutes to the port, 5 minutes to town, 5 minutes from the airport.
• Seats 50 people inside and there is an outside patio for smokers.
• Own building (located on well priced rented land) and parking space for at least 20 cars.
• Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel counters and professional ovens.
• La Marzocco coffee machine with two groups.
• Huge store room with own walk in freezer of approx. 14 m3
• Own office space with own facilities (currently rented out on short term) and a separate entrance.
• Own reefer car (Citroen Jumpy) and two generator sets (20 KVA and 30 KVA) on premises.
• Great growing potential
• Key benefits: settled in Takoradi with a great reputation and an ever growing customer base (both private people as businesses), good area for expats, A-location with easy access.
• Premises: approx. 160 m2
• Current number of staff: 10
• An existing group of suppliers
• Current owner will help you as a foreigner with getting a work & residence permit needed to work and reside in Ghana as a foreigner.
• All the permits of a restaurant
The purchase will be of the shop as is. For further information, please contact Marjolein Rovers on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Coffee Corner Homepage
• Tripadvisor (Coffee Corner has been no. 1 in Takoradi since it opened)
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
The Finance Manager will report directly to Managing Director in Ghana and the Head Office in Europe.
The Finance Manager is part of the local Management Team. He/She is focused on developing and implementing a stable, future proof internal and financial organization. Highly organized and confident in initiating, leading and implementing projects as well as being able and willing to be ‘hands on’ when required. Highly motivated, objective and pragmatic with the persistence and ability to thrive under pressure and changing circumstances.
• Oversees the day-to-day administration when it comes to petty cash, stock administration and control, internal audits, sales administration, supplier invoices
• Responsible for management and communication and follow up with banks, GRA, tax authorities, auditors and other stakeholders
• Responsible for financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Cash flow and sales forecast and compliance
• Final responsible for correct and timely financial reporting
• Responsible for working capital and cashflow management (reporting and initiating and implementing process improvements - in cooperation with purchase, operations & sales
• Responsible for stock reconciliation
• Responsible for supplying accurate information of expenses and costing in order to have a correct price calculation. Also responsible for monitoring and analyzing price, cost and margin development afterwards.
• Responsible for the annual planning and budget process for the company
• Analyses and proactively identifies opportunities for internal process improvements
• Makes sure the accounting system and other it systems are optimally used
• Minimum of +5 years of experience in a similar role in preferably Ghana
• A background within a sales and production/manufacturing environment, preferably processing of with raw materials, large stock, import
• Experience with national and international financial reporting structures
• Good managerial skills
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.