JOB SEARCH RESULT:
The purpose of the position is to provide expertise and guidance on Animal feed and nutrition. This position exists to enhance existing customer relationships and increase the volume and effectiveness of product and services sold to our customers. The ideal candidate should have successfully completed a Degree/Diploma in Animal Nutrition or related qualification and experience in the feed industry would receive preference.
Key Performance areas:
• Organizes the technical & sales support (technical service, nutrition, training, seminars)
• Organizes product support, information & service
• Maintains active contact with Centers of Expertise, R&D, of sister companies
• Keeps track of new developments, innovations of innovative applicable R&D groups and companies within Africa
• Coordinate Know-how and expertise within the company
• Analyzes overall operations and provides integrated recommendations on management and nutrion designed to increase from company products
• Define (product, technical ) training programs for Africa employees, distributors and customers
• Interface between 1st line (sales, distributors) and 3rd line technical/product specialists.
• Understand and Translate global product position and know-how to local approach & needs, and vice versa
• Advice and propose on Product Portfolio management for Africa.
• Animal Nutrition or related Qualification
• Experience in the Animal Feed industry would be preferred
• Understanding of animal nutrition and ability to offer solutions to optimize animal performance
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Action orientation
• Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Nutritionist (Ruminant) in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is pursuing poverty by supplying small holder farmers with agricultural inputs and selling their produce in domestic and export markets. The organisation develops innovative technologies for commercial development of crop processing.
The demand across Africa for cassava products is high and therefore we are currently recruiting a Technical Director for overseeing the first mobile processing site in Nampula, Mozambique.
In this role you will be responsible for first-hand hand knowledge of electrical- and mechanical systems within the (mobile) processing-, drying- and refinery units in order to process fresh cassava on-farm or nearby. You will be overseeing the maintenance and electrical- and mechanical installations of the whole site, responsible for training and supervising the team on site and that all operation is running well.
- Background in (both) Electrical- and Mechanical Engineering with some years of experience in maintenance in a high-speed production environment
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical system installations and troubleshooting in a high-speed ánd rotational equipment (water pumps, turbines, drying equipment, gearboxes, compressors, engines and generators) and their design, installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of PLC and industrial computers used to automate a machine or process
- Ability and/or experience of working in remote areas
- Work closely with technical operating staff and provide training for maintenance and use of mobile factory and machinery guidance
- English and preferably basic knowledge of Portuguese.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
This vacancy exists in the Sales Department of our client and the sales rep will report to the Sales manager. The purpose of the position is to drive sales in the central regions in coordination with the existing team. The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully completed Grade 12, has completed a Degree/Diploma related to Animal Nutrition, Agriculture or Commercial and has a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in the sales environment within the animal feed industry.
Our client is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed.
Key Performance areas:
• Develop and support the sales of the whole company portfolio ( feed additives and young animal feed) in the central region in co-ordination with the existing team
• Manage the debtor days and achieve the lowest possible overdue percentage
• Maximize support to distributors and end customers (Business to business and Business to farm)
• Gain Insight about customer requirements, competitors and/or market trends and developments
• Support developing new business opportunities with existing and new customers
• Support developing area plans with yearly budget
• Manage orders
• Active credit control
• Organize technical, marketing, administrative and sales support
• One of the following or related Qualification would be preferred Animal Nutrition, Agricultural or Commercial
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in a sales environment within the Animal Feed industry
• Intermediate PC and keyboard skills with strong knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing packages
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Action orientation
• Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Representative in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a Food processing company (potato crisps).
• Day-to-day responsible at factory through supervising teams (production, packaging, maintenance, quality, facility management).
• Coordination at factory (planning, forecasting, reporting, communication, management) and link to other departments (supply chain, finance, HR and sales).
• Develop professionalism and structure at factory through implementation and improvement of processes, clear management on KPI’s and budgets. Focus on training and development of local employees.
• Coordination and execution of projects, e.g. additional shifts, products, long-term plans.
• Day-to-day responsible for supply chain (planning, forecasting, logistics, inventory management) within budgets and quality specs.
• Development of supply chain through planning and coordination, contract management, support and knowledge transfer to farmers through team of agronomists, develop smallholder programs and coordination of logistics.
• Coordination other inputs supply chain (edible oil, packaging foil, carton) both imported and local, with clear ambition to move towards local sourcing within budgets and quality specs.
• Plant / Supply Chain Manager rapports to (Dutch) General Manager.
• Bsc (or Msc) in technology, production management, food science or other relevant field of education.
• Proven experience and preference in developing countries, preferably Africa.
• Managerial experience, preferably in food processing industry e.g. as production manager, operations manager, supply chain manager, team leader
• Strong leadership skills (role model) with open, positive and motivating/coaching attitude
• “Right-hand” for General Manager
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
• Structured, high-demanding, eye for detail and control, result-oriented, fact-based
• Stable personality and self-controlled
• Flexible, approachable, honest and trustworthy
Place of work
Ethiopia (Addis Ababa). Frequent traveling to farmers.
Are you interested in becoming a Plant and Supply Chain Manager (Potato Crisps)? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a well recognized and established company in Tanzania dealing in a wide range of businesses. We are looking to recruit a key manager for its Rice Estate.
Post: Rice Farm Manager
With over 8000 acres of rice farmland available with systematic flood irrigation, our client is on search for a Rice Farm Manager. This position is responsible for overseeing all processes in rice production meaning from plantation to harvest.
This exciting opportunity is suited to candidates looking for a challenging but rewarding work environment. The ideal candidate should at a minimum have the following experience:
- At least ten years experience in large scale rice farm management.
- Proven ability of lowering cost of production without lowering yield expectations thus increasing profit.
- Ability to manage, train and develop other field officers in achieving projected targets on yield.
- Proven Experience in production costs and stock control.
1) Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as land preparation, sowing, transplanting, maintaining, irrigation, chemical and fertilizer application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
2) Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, storage and trading departments
3) Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
4) Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
5) Records information, such as production, farm management practices and prepares financial and operational reports.
6) Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
7) Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
8) Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
9) Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
10) Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
11) Advise on purchases of machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
12) Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers.
13) Enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
14) Evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
15) Undertake general management of non production related matters of the farm like cleanliness, and organization.
16) Draw up a budget for expenses and compare periodically and take corrective actions
17) Explore and discuss ways to improve efficiency in all operations
18) Should be responsible for maintaining relationship with various stakeholders in the industry.
19) Responsible for all farm staffs locating, training, and supervision
20) Responsible for day-to-day farm operational decisions
21) Act as a leader within the company
22) Reports to the General Manager and Resident Director
We are looking for a candidate of a practical nature, good team player, has plenty of energy and is able to work under pressure. English speaking and good communication skills would be an advantage.
Work permit, relocation and housing allowance will be included in this package for a successful candidate.
Are you interested in becoming a Rice Farm Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an animal feed specialist and for them we are recruiting a commercial executive.
• Build business by identifying and selling animal feed to prospective clients
• Oversee the sales and marketing function of the business
• Establish sales, marketing and distribution functions within the business
• Recruit and develop a passionate team
• Establish standard operating procedures for the department
• Establish nationwide and regional distribution network
• Establish and implement sub-distributor guidelines and SLAs
• Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing sales options.
• Sell animal feed by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
• Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; research and recommend new opportunities; recommend profit and service improvements.
• Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Plan, develop and implement effective marketing communication campaigns.
• Implement effective knowledge transfer strategies for small scale-farmers
• Presentation Skills
• Client Relationship Management
• Degree in Sales/Marketing/Business or relevant technical field
• Previous experience in sales of animal feeds, seed or fertilizer preferred
• Start Date: Immediate
• Reports to: The CE will report to the CEO.
• Compensation: Competitive based on experience. Target-based bonus.
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Executive in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE AND GENERAL ROLE EXPECTATIONS
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to all the company's businesses and to lead all Capex projects from Concept to Implementation. For this role we are recruiting national (The Netherlands) jobseekers only.
The position will involve the following functions:
(1) Planning and execution of CAPEX projects throughout Africa
(2) Implementation of Maintenance plans and monitoring of Maintenance Execution for all company sites
(3) Functional leadership to the on-site Technical Teams
(4) Develop and implement new processes and products according to the needs of the company
The position will report to the Managing Director with dotted line to Corporate Senior Project Manager
The R&D Assistant and Technical Roll Out Manager report directly to this position. The Countries Technical managers will have a dotted line report to this role.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING
Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree with additional education in food processing
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in factory engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and process development
• Significant experience in building new food factories in Africa
• Experience in the development of new processes and process improvement
• Extensive knowledge of project management in research
• Experience in the Starch Industry
Dordrecht (Netherlands) with travelling across all sites as needed
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Planning and execution of CAPEX projects
Maintenance of all Facilities and Equipment
Product development, meeting customer requests in line with business need. (considering hurdle rates): Lead definition and implementation of projects
Improvements (quality, energy, water usage, environmental impact and cost) of existing and new machinery and processes
Knowledge transfer and people development
Drive R&D projects with external partners
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCIES
• Mechanical and hygienic engineering knowledge
• Food processing and food equipment knowledge
• Starch production equipment and processes knowledge
• Strong in project management
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methods
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, speaking)
• Professional proficiency in English is a must
• Proficiency in French and Portuguese is advantageous
• International Standards on Environmental, Quality Systems and Hygienic Engineering
• Ability to implement, to sustain and improve, and to ensure compliance with people safety and food safety regulations.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Problem solving
• Crisis management
• Strategic thinker
• Building partnerships
• Financial skill sets
Management for results and impact
Self-Starter and self-motivated
Highly motivated and results orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Technical and RD Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Role title: Trader/ Senior Trader- Cashew Kernels, Europe
Base: Amsterdam or London
Reporting to: Head Trader, Cashew, Edible Nuts and Ingredients
Our client, a global commodities and supply chain merchant, operating in Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Ingredients is actively recruiting the role of Cashew Kernel Trader for Europe for its Edible Nuts and Ingredients Division.
This role would suit a seasoned agro-commodities professional with first-hand experience in sourcing, sales, trading, shipping and with at least 5 years’ experience working with a global trading company, specifically cashew kernel trading. The role involves co-ordinating with all origin countries and clients/ brokers. The role is based in Amsterdam or London, reports into the Head of Trading for Cashew in Dubai and is supported by the trade execution team in Dubai.
The right candidate will be on a succession plan to heading the cashew kernel/ edible nuts trading desk in Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role will have the following key responsibilities across the business:
• Sales of cashew kernel (and other edible nuts) to various clients in European markets
• Relationship management at one to one level with all key stake holders in the region such as buyers, suppliers, brokers, service providers etc.
• Networking and development of new set of customers / suppliers and service providers
• Leveraging from current relationships of the company's cocoa/ coffee and cotton desk in the region.
• Sourcing of various products from the basket on FOB Model
• Ensure documentation control for all shipping/ trade documentation including export documents, import documents, letters of credit, shipping instructions etc are in place
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, marketing, sales, finance or another business-related field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience, including at least 5 year’s experience handling logistics and shipping operations for a global commodities company
• Specific cashew kernel trading experience
• Experience of sales of other edible into other markets e.g. North America and Australia, preferred
Skills and competencies
• Highly organized, systematic and able to multi-task under pressure
• Entrepreneurial and bottom of the pyramid skill sets
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Analytical with a good head for figures
• Innovative, entrepreneurial
• Excellent verbal communication and written communication including the ability to produce clear presentations and reports
• Proficient in MSOffice (including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
• French, Russian, Arabic and/ or other European languages highly desirable
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Trader in Amsterdam or London? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.