JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For one of our west African operations , we are looking for a:
Finance Manager (based in Africa)
This role is responsible for all finance related and matters, including but not limited to, coaching the local accounting team (3-4 people), finance procedures and internal control, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting and statutory and tax compliance.
The Finance Manager reports directly to the Tradin CFO, based in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and works closely together with the financial controlling team in Amsterdam. Indirectly the Finance Manager reports to the Country Manager and is part of the management team.
• Responsible for (cost price) calculations, controlling the income, costs and other expenses, daily financial (cash) management and regular inventory checking’s (both fixed assets and stocks)
• Setting up an accurate and transparent financial reporting and budgeting / cash flow forecasting system
• Responsible for multiple financial and compliance activities relating to company payroll & pensions functions. (This concerns timely and accurate processing and reporting of payroll & pensions data for the company employees.)
• Executing the financial US GAAP reporting towards Dutch headquarters
• Comply with local statutory requirements, such as local statutory financial statements, tax return, etc.
• Analyze costs and expenses based on financial and processing data. Identify cost bottlenecks and present these to management team
• Comparing and analyzing budgeted results and actual monthly results and discuss deviations with management team to support the business
• Responsible for VAT refund procedures and keep the management team informed about results and possible future regulation changes
• Tracing and staying up-to-date about national financial laws, import/export regulations and keep financial department informed
• Contact person for auditors and tax advisors
• Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Excellent proficiency in both written and verbal English
• Experience in an international organization
• A track record and proven ability to coach, train and improve an accounting team
• Ability to operate in developing countries
• Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation, conflict management and team player
• Highly conscientious, along with an energetic and mature approach to his or her work
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
• Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
The conditions of employment we offer:
• A fulltime position
• An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing international company
• Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
• An informal and professional company culture of team spirit with a can-do attitude
Acquisition regarding our vacancies is not appreciated
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
The Sales Representative will report to the sales manager.
Key Performance areas:
Develop and support the sales of the whole company portfolio in the central region in together with the existing team)
Visit and support key accounts
Maximize the support to end customers and distributors both B2B and Business to farm
Analyse competitors, customer requirements and recognize market trends and developments
Develop new business opportunities with existing and new customers
Develop area plans
Active credit control
Organize sales, marketing, technical and administrative support
One of these qualifications would be preferred: Animal nutrition, Commercial or Agricultural
5 years’ experience in a sales environment preferably within the Animal nutrition industry
Knowledge in an animal nutrition plant would be an advantage
Intermediate PC and keyboard knowledge with strong skills in spreadsheet and word processing packages
Excellent Communication skills (both verbal and written)
Attention to detail
Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Representative in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Head of Sustainability and Specialty Cocoa Africa plays an axial role in the growth of the company’s cocoa business. Starting in Ivory Coast the manager will develop and execute the company’s Sustainability and Specialty Strategy as per below in Africa. Growing opportunities for the candidate are projects in Latin America as well as managing the Marketing & Sales of the global program as well.
The company aims to create a professional sustainability program that is capable of designing, implementing and monitoring the sustainability and specialty cocoa projects. Most of the sourced cocoa in Africa will be sourced as sustainable and or specialty cocoa.
The company defines sustainable cocoa as cocoa which is traceable and has verifiable social and ecological impact in the cocoa supply chain, mainly for the producers and producing countries. The company defines specialty cocoa as cocoa which is opted for by the company's clients for its consistent taste and/or that it is grown organically.
Reports to Director/Management
General and financial management
• Jointly with the Head of Sourcing and the Director further develop the Strategy.
• Build and manage an organization/team in Africa to implement the Strategy.
• Ensure professional and accurate project and overhead budgeting, financial management as well as financial and qualitative and quantitative reporting according to internal requirements and in compliance with 3rd parties/partners and subsidy/donor and/or client requirements.
• Set up project documents and agreements, including governance structures, project policy, regulations, monitoring and evaluation policies etc. to ensure successful implementation of the Strategy.
• Ensure project management (control) processes, implementation and reporting are in line with the company’s, local authority’s, partner’s and client’s compliance and quality standards.
• Find, assess, select and cooperate with project partners, including farmer groups, suppliers and exporters, and projects in line with the Strategy.
• Benchmark projects both with other projects within the network and with the industry practices and experiences, to assure that the projects and methodologies of partners and the company itself are constantly being assessed and improved and are at least in line with the peer group and general industry standards.
• Establish a detailed database and an efficient Monitoring and Evaluation System.
Relationship management and reporting
• Ensure that the Strategy supports general and client specific certifications and requirements and meet/exceed expectations of third-party stakeholders, mainly clients.
• Represent the company towards cocoa sustainability and specialty organisations, (N)GO’s and initiatives in Africa
• Establish and implement a model for stakeholder relationship management and partnership protocols and processes.
• Establish, develop and maintain a strong network of stakeholders and important (non) government and technical partners, all involved in the sustainable and specialty cocoa supply chain.
• Connect the projects with clients and vice versa, jointly with Trade and Origin Management.
• Report/Communicate program and project information and progress both internally and externally, with the aim to create awareness (both internal and external) and interest by potential clients as well as to ensure that the positioning is perceived as such by the cocoa market and interested parties.
• Arrange, jointly with the Management, the funding of overhead and projects. The funding includes capital provided by financial institutions, (N) GO’s, clients, other 3rd parties and the company itself.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in sustainability, international development, agriculture, natural resources management, business administration or another tropical agriculture-related field or equivalent 5-year business experience.
• First-hand knowledge of the concepts of sustainable agriculture and knowledge of tropical commodity buying.
• Understanding of business and value chains and experience in working with companies as well as farmers.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, including in managing budgets, project management experience within NGOs preferred.
• Prior cocoa, or other soft/agricultural, industry knowledge is an advantage, moreover in Specialty Cocoa.
• Negotiation, influencing and leadership skills with government, industry and institutional stakeholders.
• Program design and implementation in rural settings, especially in Africa.
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage remote staff in developing countries.
• Effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, with ability to operate efficiently in multi-institutional and cultural relationships, and to communicate with farmers, government ministers, donor representatives and/or company executives.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, assess priorities and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
• Administrative efficiency, with ability to track project progress and prepare timely reports, and competence in main computer software programs.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and French. Fluency in other languages would be advantageous.
• Understands cocoa certification programs.
• Passionate and ambitious
• Self-starter driven with a pro-active and can-do attitude
• Accurate in planning and organizing
40 hours per week.
Based in Abidjan with regular upcountry and rest of Africa travels.
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sustainability and Specialty Cocoa in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting a Production Manager in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The production manager assures the realization of the food processing plant KPI’s on sourced volumes and processing results through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the food processing plant
Food safety, traceability and certifications
• Assume the role of food safety team leader and drive continuous improvement
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with Organic, Fair-Trade and Kosher certifications, audited annually
• Ensure 100% traceability of processed volumes
• Prime person responsible for continuous improvement of safety at work
• Ensure 98% execution of preventive maintenance schedule; collaborate with the maintenance service on improvement to the schedule and elaboration of a “plan B” per equipment type
• Be the last recourse for technical staff on equipment troubleshooting
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained and motivated
Documentation and meetings
• Continuous improvement of the food safety and quality manual
• Continuous improvement of standard work and standard operating procedures
• Maintenance of factory layout drawings
• Lead and assure documentation of daily, weekly and monthly production meetings
Food safety requirements
• BRC trained. External
• HACCP trained. External
• FSMA trained. External
• Excellent knowledge of the company's Quality Manual. Capability to explain it to staff and to develop it further
The production manager works under supervision of the plant manager and in close collaboration with his counterparts from finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering.
The production manager takes responsibility for receiving clients and auditors at the factory and works together with technical assistance and financial partners to realize the plant goals. The production manager communicates with clients and logistics companies on the timely dispatching of containers of finished product and the handling of customer feedback.
Integrity & transparency, efficiency, organisation & planning, analytical & problem-solving skills, attention to detail, persistence, ability to develop people, creative/Innovative, high standards, enthusiasm
Training and experience
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial/military/technical environment, agri-processing preferred
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus but can be learned on the job
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• Familiar with statistical analysis techniques
• Basic financial literacy; capability to interpret balance sheets and income statements
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
We expect the successful candidate for this position to be capable of growing into the position of plant manager within a period of 12 months, taking full responsibility for all activities of the business. This means in addition to the above, directing the value chain team that is responsible for the development and maintaining of relations with over 4000 farmers to make sure that sourcing objectives are met. It also means giving direction to the finance and administrative team and making final hiring and firing decisions.
Fysical requirements : none
Work environment : plant workfloor & office
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reporting - Director Sales MEA & Head of Region EMEA
Office - office in Johannesburg,
Region - South Africa, but also Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Angola & Madagascar (= Area "Sub Sahara")
- Sales und Service Focus in Region, Business Development Sales Area "Sub Sahara"
- Leading by example & being the 1st sales manager in region (development of new business)
- Leading about 35 employees and growing (also admin functions)
- Improvement and Development of organization in area "Sub Sahara"
- Decision about how to cover all countries in region with sales and service (employees/agents or subcontractors)
- Sales focus: housing equipment for poultry, laying hens but also pig
- Succession of current job holder who will retire in 2 years
- New MD should take on tasks immediately despite current MD
- Experience in managing employees, in agriculture business, technical knowledge and a sales background strongly preferred
- Fluency in English
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For an international client selling high value technical investment products in the agricultural industry, we are seeking a Sales Manager for (French) West Africa.
- All Sales Activities in West Africa
- In the future it is planned to establish an office close to our customers (e.g. in Senegal or Ivory Coast)
- Introducing all housing equipment to existing and new customers in the region (also development of new business)
- Sales focus: housing equipment for poultry & laying hens (pig only subordinately)
- Supporting sales agents in the region
- Detailed explanation of the technical products to customers
- Business Development and Sales Expansion in Area West Africa, developing & implementing sales and marketing strategy
- New position
- Someone who is currently working and living in West Africa or who has an experience/network here
- Sales focus: housing equipment for poultry & laying hens (pig only subordinately)
- Sales experience in technical investment products, machinery etc. is highly preferred
- Motivated and driven sales person (someone who is eager to develop the business)
- someone who has experience with setting up an country office
- Fluency in English and French
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a large international nutrion company we are recruiting a (Senior) Account Manager Africa .
In this challenging position, you will manage the following key areas of responsibility:
• Develop and realize the sales plan Africa in line with the ambitious global growth strategy, plan and implement the yearly sales budget in your area and achieve the yearly budgeted growth results in terms of turnover and gross margin.
• Develop new business for Savoury Ingredients.
• Cooperate with our global, regional and local technical specialists to support you in your area, in order to maximize the sales results in both existing and new business.
• Negotiate prices and payment conditions with your customers.
• Build and maintain high-level personal relations with the customers in your area.
• Optimize existing distribution network required to grow in line with Savoury Food Ingredients ambitious growth targets.
• Support the development of the sales plans by collecting market information and indicating market trends.
• Manage complaints and customer questions properly.
• Produce monthly reports on business results in the area, including market information and developments.
• The Senior account manager will be responsible for further expansion of our sales for Africa.
• He or she will report to the Regional Sales Manager EMEA.
• You hold a bachelor or master degree in economics, business administration, science or technology and you have a technical knowledge of ingredients.
• You have in depth knowledge and expertise of the food ingredients industry and markets. By interest or education, you have knowhow about food and taste.
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in B2B sales environment, preferable with an excellent track record and network in the food industry in Africa.
• You have experience in the management of large / key accounts & distributors.
• You are able to design develop longer term sales strategies that support longer term Savoury Ingredients business strategy and deliver short term successes in parallel.
• You are a strong communicator. You are effective in influencing, negotiating and engaging, on different levels. People consider you as an effective networker and a strong team player.
• You have a hands-on mentality, you are a true entrepreneurial thinker and inquisitive by nature.
• You are very keen on working in emerging markets.
• You are willing to travel as this is an essential part of the role.
• You are fluent in French and English (must!)
• Qualities like customer focus, drive for results, entrepreneurship, initiative, engaging people and discipline are essential for this role.
Are you interested in becoming a (Senior) Account Manager Africa in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Finance Manager will report directly to Managing Director in Ghana and the Head Office in Europe.
The Finance Manager is part of the local Management Team. He/She is focused on developing and implementing a stable, future proof internal and financial organization. Highly organized and confident in initiating, leading and implementing projects as well as being able and willing to be ‘hands on’ when required. Highly motivated, objective and pragmatic with the persistence and ability to thrive under pressure and changing circumstances.
• Oversees the day-to-day administration when it comes to petty cash, stock administration and control, internal audits, sales administration, supplier invoices
• Responsible for management and communication and follow up with banks, GRA, tax authorities, auditors and other stakeholders
• Responsible for financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Cash flow and sales forecast and compliance
• Final responsible for correct and timely financial reporting
• Responsible for working capital and cashflow management (reporting and initiating and implementing process improvements - in cooperation with purchase, operations & sales
• Responsible for stock reconciliation
• Responsible for supplying accurate information of expenses and costing in order to have a correct price calculation. Also responsible for monitoring and analyzing price, cost and margin development afterwards.
• Responsible for the annual planning and budget process for the company
• Analyses and proactively identifies opportunities for internal process improvements
• Makes sure the accounting system and other it systems are optimally used
• Minimum of +5 years of experience in a similar role in preferably Ghana
• A background within a sales and production/manufacturing environment, preferably processing of with raw materials, large stock, import
• Experience with national and international financial reporting structures
• Good managerial skills
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.