JOB SEARCH RESULT:
The Strategic Project Manager Supply chain is responsible for project management on:
Building Ethiopia as an East-Africa production hub
ERP implementation in Supply Chain
Defining the procurement strategy & GP capability building process
Integrating the procurement with the GP processes and making sure the local department is compliant and effective in leveraging global expertise.
Optimising supply chain business processes & way of working
Network analysis & strategy for primary distribution
Planning system of primary distribution
On top, his/her guidance will be needed on:
Assist on project management of raw material localization
Assisting on Supplier network
This role should make sure end to end supply chain is ready for the accelerated growth before it becomes a bottleneck.
Leading project team of export expansion from Ethiopia
Investigating import options on other products into Ethiopia
Deliver upon project objectives, timelines, and governance
Driving continuous project efficiencies on budget and timing
Ensuring compliance with standard company rules and regulations
Any other tasks and deliverables as given by the supervisor/ manager
Leading project team of export expansion from Ethiopia
Investigating import options on other products into Ethiopia
Deliver upon project objectives, timelines, and governance
Driving continuous project efficiencies on budget and timing
Ensuring compliance with standard company rules and regulations
Capability building and project handover to operations
Early establishment of a capability roadmap to train/assist Supply Chain managers
Raw material supply chain setup
Drive timely and efficient supply chain setup of any new or optimized raw materials in collaboration with procurement
Partner with R&D on potential pipe-line products upon commissioning
Analyzing and improving business processes
Inserting the right check and balances into the processes
Job dimensions and KPI’s
Lead strategic Supply Chain projects
Establish supplier network
Develop export network
Establish and execute a capability and onboarding plan
Timely setup and procurement of direct staff for start of commissioning and production
Education: Master or bachelor’s degree in (mechanical) engineering or business studies combined with experience in (food) processing project management, or comparable.
Experience: minimum 5 years of relevant work experience for a private organization in a project management role, preferably in FMCG sector (e.g., food processing, brewery) in an international company, of which minimum 3 years in a supervisor position. Manufacturing experience is preferred (min. 3 years), as this person will be filling the bench for factory /Supply Chain manager position.
Technical skills: English (speaking, reading, and writing), good communications skills, project management skills, problem solving abilities (UPS), practical and technical thinker, good planner, basic knowledge on food safety, hygiene, HSSE&S.
Social skills: leadership skills, able to manage and stimulate young managers, able to adapt and show leadership under challenging circumstances, eager to learn, good feedback mentality, results oriented and believing in improvement via continuous improvement, agile to work in a volatile and developing environment
The role is responsible for overseeing the overall all supply chain from Make to Move. Its accountability ranges from procurement, production to primary distribution.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Supply Chain Manager to join our team. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring our overall supply chain strategy from (beginning to end) to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Able to balance commercial and operations priorities to deliver KPIs while developing and maintaining strong relationships with franchise partners
Demonstrate adaptability to a diverse and ever-changing cultural, political, and economic environment in different countries. Be able to accept and lead priorities based on these changes while maintaining core principles.
Be able to coordinate and draw expertise from a complex Matrix organization to solve regional challenges.
Communicating changes to quality culture with clear rationale and appeal
Able to apply influencing strategies to have a specific impact on the organization and the Bottler network. Able to accurately diagnose reasons for underlying issues, problems and opportunities impacting Bottler organizations and their ability to execute the functional and business agenda.
Lead the technical agenda for the business which may require coaching of the commercial and franchise teams on Operational matters
• Flexibility to travel and operate in remote areas - demonstrated ability to work effectively across cultures (emerging markets)
Duties and responsibilities
• Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
• Lean systems experience
• Continuous improvement processes
• Root cause analysis
• Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams
• Determine key supply chain KPIs
• Suggest solutions for process improvements
• Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
• Train and evaluate others
• Provide constructive feedback
• Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
• Build and maintain good relationships with vendors
Requirements and qualifications
• Previous working experience as a Supply Chain Manager for (5+) years
• Hands on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance, etc.)
• FMCG experience is crucial along with emerging markets exposure
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
• Manufacturing background is preferred
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, or similar relevant field
We are seeking a Factory Manager, for one of the leading cashew nut processors in Ivory Coast, to join their dedicated team. The factory Manager is responsible for the setup of a new factory, while implementing processes, procedures, and KPI’s to measure volumes and processing results, through the development of good inter-personal relations, quality assurance and excellent leadership. Next to that, the factory manager is responsible for Accounting (Cost monitoring) and the Human Resources Department.
• Managing and Planning of Factory routines & activities, setting up meetings to evaluate the overall operation of the factory and creating Accounting & HR allocation plans
• Ensure quantity and quality targets are met, by assigning KPI’s and work evaluations
• Realize Factory output targets per year through effective machine utilization and productivity management, and being responsible for managing all equipment, raw materials etc.
• Balance production capacity between stages, proactively propose solutions to increase production efficiency
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with certifications
• Check the quality of incoming and outgoing raw materials in accordance with the company's requirements
• Responsible for continuous improvement of safety at work, food safety and quality
• Hire, train and motivate the teams
• Handling customer feedback & leading staff meetings and being responsible for reporting, by synthesizing data and making periodical production and business reports
• Ensure the working environment, industrial hygiene, safety, and fire prevention are always concerned, cared for, and handled thoroughly and closely
Training, experience, and competences
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering or business/economics
• Minimum 8 - 10 years’ experience in running a processing factory
• Experienced in setting up a processing factory
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
• Integrity & transparency, efficiency, organisation & planning
Are you interested in becoming a Factory Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reporting to: Group Sustainability Project Manager
Summary of the role
Our client is investing in an ambitious, decade-long, sustainability program, with activities in coffee producing countries all over the world. Their goal is to be the leading supplier of low-carbon, de-forestation-free coffee, ensuring that their clients are able to meet their pledges on carbon emissions and resource management.
Your task is to lead the farm-level digitisation strategy and global M&E department. Your goal is to design and implement a robust global data capture and reporting system to measure and evaluate the success of the company’s sustainability strategy. Using different tools, your team will be expected to maintain a performance dashboard of the major sustainability
initiatives in the group, and to support global and local teams in analysing farmer level performance metrics.
You are expected to be a highly motivated and thoroughly experienced project manager and team leader who works very well in a multi-cultural context. You are able to adopt flexible working hours and have experience in working in a complex matrix organization. You have a passion for technology and innovation but are fundamentally a very rigorous operator who understands
the importance of standardised practices, good data and on-time reporting. In your previous jobs you have managed M&E and digital strategies in complex agricultural supply chains or rural development projects involving tens of thousands of households/stakeholders. You have experience managing remote and diverse teams.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic growing global family business, being part of a transformation that will ultimately put sustainability at the center of our mission, improving engagement with all value chain partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Build up the global M&E strategy and department for the organization's sustainability strategy and deploy it out across all geographies (with an anticipated supplier network of 350,000 farmers)
• Develop, with the origin operations, data monitoring systems for farmer training and engagement programs
• Deploy standardized M&E tools across all global companies
• Build an internal team of data analysts to process, clean and analyse data from global operations
• Provide continuous monitoring and interpretation of field activities and results to the sustainability leadership team and senior management as needed
• Be a lead advocate for supply chain digitization and the use of scalable digital technology as a tool to facilitate the company’s sustainability transformation
• Create the data infrastructure that links farmer engagement, training, procurement financing and impact measuring
• Support the Group Sustainability Manager in preparing M&E data and reports for management, clients and banks
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistical modelling, geographic information systems or a field related to M&E
• Experience in designing data management systems for global projects or supply chains as a senior project lead
• Experience in building and managing teams for the purpose of managing data integrity and analysis
• Experience in data modelling and analysis
• Experience of living and working overseas in a professional role
• Passion for accuracy, data management systems, and data analysis
• Pragmatic individual who first and foremost knows how to interpret data and apply it to a business setting
• Ability to work across different cultures and nationalities (excellent EQ, CQ)
• Ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
• Extensive use of business intelligence software (eg Power BI)
• Willingness to travel and spend time solving practical problems with local teams as well as training field staff and enumerators
Clear and effective in English; fluency in other languages (Spanish, French) is an asset.
Are you interested in becoming a Monitoring and Reporting Manager (MRM) in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for a General Manager with the experience and ability to set up and run the operations of the business and ensure the company achieves our mission.
The overarching role of the General Manager (GM) is realizing the AVL company mission & strategy as set by the Board through the company’s operations, and reporting results back to the board. You will be responsible for translating the company mission into operational goals, working closely together with, as well as mentoring, middle management. The performance of all operational business units falls under the responsibility of the GM.
• Develop operational plan according to AVL strategy together with middle management including KPIs, ensure implementation (after BOD approval), and monitor and report on results on a standard basis. This leads to a cost-conscious, quality-driven, sustainable production system, including
o Production schedule that meets all requirements
o Conscientious company-wide financial management, incl. budget, cash flow & forecasting
o Streamlined farm & factory operations
o Strategic & effective procurement
o Environmental & social sustainability plan & targets
o A supportive and effective HR strategy
o Total resource management (assets, farms)
o The set-up of new product lines where required
• Create a culture of continuous improvement and optimization across all areas of the organization, by
o Setting up systems to gather and analyze data consistently and correctly
o Ensuring transparent, consistent availability and appropriate accessibility of relevant company information
o Creating a data-supported culture by driving management on data-backed results
o Improving & optimizing processes through results-oriented thinking, initiating improvement where necessary
• Lead, motivate & coach middle management, enabling them to function optimally and take ownership of their part in the success of AVL, through
o Enabling people, assets, and capital
o Ensuring cooperation & communication across relevant areas (e.g. farm & factory)
o Removing obstacles using communication, knowledge and experience
o Ensuring & facilitating effective communication channels across the organization
• Represent and lead AVL operations with respect to internal and external stakeholders, by
o Informing Board on matters that directly influence company strategy & policy, reporting on company performance regularly and taking ownership of operational performance
o Identifying, exploring and trialing opportunities for new business, understanding the market and its requirements, and understanding AVL wider business environment
o Sustaining contacts with governmental bodies where related to operational matters and maintain knowledge of latest policy & legislation on this
Who we are looking for
Education & experience
• Minimum college degree level education in a relevant field
• Minimum 5 years management experience in a food processing environment, experience in canning an advantage
• Working knowledge of food safety, quality, and processing
• Experience in commercial agriculture, horticulture experience an advantage
• Demonstrable experience in finance management, improvement processes, and data-driven decision making
• Experience in digital analysis & admin tools (e.g. advanced Excel, ERP software)
• Languages: fluent English (written & spoken), Swahili an advantage
• Able to see the big picture as well as how its components relate to it
• Conscientious, but able to take decisions and follow through
• Able to translate vision & high-level goals to daily activities
• A team player who can enthusiastically motivate, engage and connect others
• Comfortable in an office as well as a production floor and farm
• Committed to sustainability and have thoughts on what that means in our context
• Able to work well in different cultural contexts, and happy to travel when necessary
• Excited about leading a diverse team in developing a company to improve & grow
• A young, growing, and unique business environment committed to quality and sustainability, where you can make a big difference
• A diverse and international team committed to the business
• Competitive salary and appropriate benefits package
How to apply
Send your resume and references, as well as a short motivation letter (max 750 words), to HR@africanvegetables.co.tz. We will send you a confirmation email and inform you of subsequent steps.
Application ends when the position is filled.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the following activities with all company operating entities (e.g., both in Tanzania and Uganda):
● Together with the Managing Director, directing the company, developing strategic initiatives, managing investor relations, securing growth funding, managing costs within board-approved annual budgets, ensuring healthy profits, and having accountability for the effective and efficient operation of each team and function (sales, production, quality assurance, supply chain, finance, HR and legal).
● Developing and managing each team towards achieving the objectives of each team and the company as a whole.
● Developing and improving the operational systems, processes and policies for all teams, optimising their processes and workflows (particularly cross-cutting processes), enforcing compliance with policies, applying lean ops/Kaizen principles to reduce wasted time and resources, and generally optimise the performance of each team.
● Developing the capacity and capabilities of all staff, both informally and through the formal performance management process.
Process & Operations Management
● Ensuring excellence in the management of the production, quality assurance, logistics and supply chain teams, particularly in regards to the vanilla and cocoa value chains, and manufacturing thereof, and ensuring all short and long term company and team objectives are met and underlying risks mitigated.
● Support all teams in:
○ Procuring, cost-effectively, adequate equipment, consumables and raw materials (e.g., raw vanilla and cocoa, production consumables, ancillary equipment & spares, technology systems, lab materials, etc.);
○ Improving the supply of key raw materials (e.g., vanilla, cacao), in terms of increased quality, volumes, productivity and land under cultivation, in a cost-effective manner;
○ Ensuring outstanding company reputation and quality of service with all relevant stakeholders (farmers, government authorities, customers, donors, investors);
○ Managing technology solutions, and related reporting and analytics, e.g., for mobile-enabled field team management, inventory management, workflow enhancements, etc;
○ Ensuring the company monitors and meets social impact indicators and targets, including indirect beneficiaries;
○ Supporting the teams for certification of, and compliance with, national and international standards (e.g., regulatory, occupational safety, food safety like FSSC 22000, organic, kosher, halal, etc);
○ Ensuring continual operational improvement (e.g., Kaizen, lean operations);
Compliance, Internal Controls & Audit
● Supporting internal service functions (Finance, HR and Legal) in adhering to, and improving upon, the company’s policies and procedures, particularly in regards to strategic growth
(new initiatives and international expansion), internal controls and regulatory compliance (e.g., Labor, Immigration, TRA, NEMC, EPZA, Municipal and District bylaws, Crop Boards,
various Ministries, Bank of Tanzania, Fair Competition Commission, etc);
● Assisting in the execution of said policies and procedures, including, for example, recruitment, employee relations, grievances, inventory control, etc;
● Auditing adherence and compliance with internal controls across all teams, departments, divisions, subsidiaries and related companies;
● Reviewing and ensuring correctness of financial and operational reports to team leads, management, the Board of Directors, shareholders, other investors/financiers and donors;
● Supporting the management of any subsidiaries, holding companies and franchise companies, both within Tanzania and abroad.
● Leading the continual engagement of government authorities, supporting and representing all teams who deal with regulatory and compliance topics;
● Providing input to government ministries and regulatory bodies in respect of the Company’s primary value chains and how these can be positioned and strengthened within the global
● Staying abreast of updates on government policies and legislation, particularly monitoring publications in Tanzania’s Official Gazette;
● Raising the profile of the company at national level, e.g., by engaging with relevant ministries.
Strategy & Funding
● Setting the strategic direction of the company (together with the MD) and of the constituent teams (together with team leads), developing strategic initiatives, securing funding for such
initiatives, and ensuring completion and effectiveness of such initiatives, as will benefit stakeholders including the organisation as a whole, suppliers (e.g., farmers and processors), investors and shareholders, and ultimately the regional economy;
● Assisting the MD in securing all manner of growth funding to achieve the company’s vision and mission, analysing financials and operational data, and writing investor and donor reports/proposals
● Following up on meetings and with external contacts to assist the Managing Director and Board Directors;
● Assisting in the preparation of general paper work for submission to government entities, parastatal organisations, investors, donors and other parties, as may be needed by the Company;
● Any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Managing Director or Board Director(s), and to assist peers and other team leads/officers as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
● Minimum criteria:
o Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science, with a Masters in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Operations Management or equivalent.
o At least 10 years of experience, preferably 15, in executive-level management positions, including significant experience at a multinational company;
o Expertise in agribusiness, outgrower networks, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), engineering (mechanical, process, chemical), manufacturing, and/or food technology;
● Must have food processing background with ISO and FSSC certifications,
● Exceptional organisational skills, able to manage and move forward multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously;
● Excellent entrepreneur drive, interpersonal skills, able to relate to multiple foreign cultures, and manage people effectively in difficult circumstances;
● Outstanding ability to negotiate effectively with all stakeholders, including customers, contractors, farmers, farmer associations, service providers, agents, government (all levels), donors, investors, shareholders, directors and staff;
● Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written, in both English and Swahili;
● Highly proficient with general computer productivity packages such as Microsoft Office, Google G Suite and ERP systems;
● Demonstrated strong leadership, able to inspire and influence others, set their teams’ strategy and lead their work independently;
● A passion for economic development, social impact and data-driven decision making.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is active in sustainability programmes in cocoa, coffee, and cashew.
For them we are seeking a new Country Manager in Ivory Coast.
Our client is looking for a Country Manager to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders, today mainly in cocoa. The Country Manager primarily has an operational role in leading the office and managing 25+ office and field staff, and a representation role towards local farmer groups and partners. Additional, in your role, you will be working in collaboration with the procurement team, Project managers responsible for various portfolio’s. The role of the Country Manager is to facilitate and enable the execution of all on the ground sustainability activities from certification to projects on reforestation and starting savings groups for farmers in Ivory Coast.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Represent our client in Ivory-Coast towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feeding sector developments to HQ
• Keep meaningful relationships with govt offices (CCC) and sector partners (WCF, IDH)
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners (GIZ, ICI)
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
2. Manage the country office with sustainability team of 25+ of program managers and field teams
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between
the team members.
• Manage recruitment, HR performance management, personal development for all staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX procurement
• Ensure alignment within the team, facilitating exchange and coordination among different portfolio’s
3. Team Management & Support of the local Team by ensuring activity coordination + alignment with the vertical heads in HQ.
• Act as support and sparring partner for the Project Managers and Certification Managers in IVC
• Monitor progress of certification, mapping and traceability activities of their cocoa suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection
• Ensure necessary operational support & inputs e.g., equipment & financing from HQ.
• Directly manage the certification officer in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Provide support to M&E project manager on the strategy and execution of farmer database management, mapping and traceability recordkeeping to ensure up to date reporting to HQ
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
4. Supplier relation management and support on procurement and shipment of traceable cocoa
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on cocoa volume + sustainability premiums
• Manage and Ensure the deliveries by Cooperates of the of traceable cocoa volumes
5. Finance and project audits
• Manage and optimize the expenditure of country budget and cash request, by identifying cost savings and synergies and finding solutions when budget lines risk to be
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc)
• Coordinate contracted premium payments to suppliers and liaise on cashflow for operations with financial management of suppliers
You will be working in a dynamic sustainability team. In Ivory-Coast, you will be working with a team of 10+ at the office in Abidjan, and a 60+ strong field team across the country. Internationally, you will be in contact with our head office team and other origin teams and work in close collaboration with our sector partners and cocoa suppliers.
Qualities our client is looking for:
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Affinity with intercultural communication (Africa, Europe)
• You thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and you are able to balance different priorities
• Self-starter and all-round mentality; willing to execute simple tasks as well as manage big portfolios
• A passionate and ambitious worker; accurate, efficient and problem-solving
• You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
• Fluency in French & English
What is offered to you:
You will be part of a fast-growing organization and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. Our client offers substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities. The client offers a competitive salary, housing and transportation and good other secondary employment conditions. Work status 40 hours per week. Based in Abidjan, Ivory-Coast, with regular travel to the field, and business trips to other offices in West Africa.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an established organic and fair-trade player and we are recruiting a Managing Director for their Burkina Faso entity.
The purpose of the job is to maintain a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to maintain a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part. Additionally, the managing director will be actively involved in the planning and implementation of a new state of the art mango and cashew processing plant.
As Managing Director you will head the executive management team which consist of four directors overseeing the following departments:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
3. Operations-processing - Exports
4. Quality Health Safety/Social Environmental
Your responsibilities include:
• Lead and sustain the Executive Management team of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop, and optimize business processes, policies, and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support, and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPIs to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations built on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory, and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
Your requirements are:
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience in managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina-Faso
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Processing experience
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic
• Sensitive to social impact and to sustainable development
• Fluent in French & English (written and spoken)
• Local contract, long term position
• Competitive Salary
• Start date ASAP
• Unique opportunity for both local and international candidates
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.