JOB SEARCH RESULT:
This is a senior management position and will take up significant responsibility in a fast-growing company with a focus on development and implementation of an efficient distribution strategy. The post holder reports directly to the Managing Director.
The Team Leader’s overall responsibility is for the day to day management of the sales team to ensure optimum performance as well as developing the overall sales and distribution strategy.
Develop and implement sales, marketing and distribution strategies that are aligned to overall organizational plans, objectives and strategies.
Lead the development and implementation of the annual sales plans.
Accomplish sales objectives by liaising with relevant internal teams such as marketing, finance, supply chain, dispatch, etc to plan, develop, implement and evaluate sales action plans.
Prepare regular and ad hoc reports on sales activities to highlight both opportunities and challenges.
Review sales results weekly and initiate appropriate action steps to deliver the targets.
Lead and motivate the sales force to achieve excellent customer relationships and business results.
Oversee all market research activities and competitor analysis to identify patterns, market demands and requirements to ensure the company aligns its activities and projects to the market.
Liaise with other departments and external stakeholders on all matters related to marketing and communications.
Coach and develop key talent within sales organization.
Education and Work Experience
Strong focus on setting up and implementing structures and innovative sales and distribution strategies
University degree in any relevant field Business, Commerce, etc.
A minimum of 3 years senior sales experience gained in a mid-size to large organization with high professional and ethical standards.
Particular strong experience in selling and working with distribution of last mile solutions for food, drink and FMCG products.
Experience of managing and leading sales teams across different product/service areas.
Proven team-building and leadership skills (i.e. situational leadership).
Skills and Character Traits
Show initiative and work with minimum supervision and excellent organizational skills
Passion for planning and implementation
Thrive on challenge in a fast growing innovative start-up culture
Highest level of integrity
Hands-on approach and people management
If you believe you fit the specifications for any of the above positions, please send your application, a detailed curriculum vitae and all relevant testimonials stating current position, current remuneration, expected salary, terms of service, email address and telephone contacts. All applications should provide postal, telephone and email contacts of three referees.
Reference and background checks will be carried out in conformity with LATTANA DAIRY recruitment policy. LATTANA DAIRY is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWB Recruitment's client, an international food business that operates in over 60 global locations, is seeking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety/Environmental Manager to join their operation in Gabon. The successful candidate will be fluent in French and have a strong track record in H&S audit, preferably in the food sector.
WWB Recruitment's client, an international food conglomerate, is seeking to appoint an experienced General Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations, commercial performance and operational strategy of a large a successful edible oil plant. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar environment and will be able to demonstrate a track record of success at a senior level.
AFRIpads (Uganda) Ltd. is a fast-growing social enterprise in Uganda that manufactures and sells reusable (washable) cloth sanitary pads as an impactful feminine hygiene solution for women and girls in East Africa and beyond. Creating social impact is paramount to AFRIpads’ business objectives. The company’s mission is to empower women and girls through business, innovation, and opportunity. Having pioneered the reusable sanitary pad market in East Africa, AFRIpads has reached nearly 1 million women and girls with its product. Headquartered in Kampala, Uganda and with a manufacturing facility in Masaka, AFRIpads currently employs 115 staff across both locations.
AFRIpads seeks a creative, engaged, open-minded and resourceful Design Associate for an initial period of 6-months (potential to extend) to take the lead in product R&D. This recruit will be responsible for innovation and design of AFRIpads’ products, such as menstrual pads and associated products, and any new services to be developed, such as educational materials and tools. The Design Associate will have extensive opportunity to engage with the different departments of the company, ranging from production to sales, as well as direct customer engagement. It is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of product design for bottom-of-the-pyramid customers who demand good value for money and innovative products that improve and ease their everyday lives. This is a chance to work in an exciting, growing social enterprise that values your ideas for innovation and wants to channel your skills and expertise to positively impact the lives of millions of women and girls.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Engage with the Sales Department and through them with customers to understand users’ needs and desires, while looking beyond the surface at underlying factors that may be influencing these.
• Interpret and translate the above into cost-effective and practically implementable product and services innovations in cooperation with the Production, Supply Chain and Sales Departments
• Create concepts for the look and feel of products and express them in a compelling way, both visually and verbally. Create stories, sketches, mockups, models, illustrations, 2D and 3D renderings and photography.
• Contribute to companywide discussions on the development of the product line from a design point of view.
• Track a design schedule to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
• Research the Menstrual Hygiene Management space and related industries for ideas and new products.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to create 2D and 3D visualisations by sketching and using appropriate software.
• Knowledge of and experience in sustainable product development.
• Strong reporting, communication, and presentation skills, both written and oral.
• Mastery of English with excellent command of the language, both written and oral.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively, with excellent time management.
• Interface well in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse staff and customers.
• Flexibility with shifting priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced, challenging work environment. Ability to act independently and proactively, while exercising maturity, resilience and good judgment.
• Commitment to the company’s mission and objectives, with a keen interest in social enterprise and the desire to empower and enable value-conscious consumers through a high-impact, BOP-oriented business.
• Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel occasionally for work.
AFRIpads (U) Ltd. is offering a compensation package commensurate with experience and a 6-month renewable contract.
HOW TO APPLY:
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter (statement of interest, motivation), contact information, and names and contact details of three references to the undersigned no later than 22nd August, 2016. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. In case you do not hear from AFRIpads, please consider your application unsuccessful. No phone calls please.
Company Description: Our client is a well-established company specialized in production and marketing of cosmetics. Recently they have launched their own brand of perfume. In order to boost the branding and sales they are on the lookout for 2-3 Sales Representatives.
Job Purpose: To sell the product to all perfume warehouses and retailers across predetermined West African countries. Stationed in Accra, Ghana.
Reports To: CEO in Accra
Team size: You will become part of a new sales team existing of 2-3 Sales Representatives.
· Sales increase for the perfume branch
· Travel on a very frequent base to different West African counties from Accra
· Visit perfume warehouses and retailers and introduce your brand of perfume to them
· Follow up prospects and customer feedback
· Research and development ideas for new sales channels
· Affinity with the cosmetics and make-up branch
· Open and commercially minded
· Sees traveling and networking as an adventure
· French speaking preferred
· (West) African working experience an advantage
· Salary ranges from USD2.000 – USD3.000 nett, depending on your experience
· Bonus structure
· Housing, transport and tickets arranged and paid for
· Based in Accra
· Start date a.s.a.p.
Our client is an international investment and holding company with diversified interest and investments in Nigeria, in specifically emerging FMCG markets such as paint industry, confectionery manufacturers, personal care and cosmetics, pharmaceutical and PVC.
Based in Lagos, one of their branches manufactures and trades an expansive range of cleaning products in collaboration with leading business houses from across the world. For this particular branch we are recruiting a Junior Marketing Manager who is responsible for B2C branding and marketing for the Nigerian market.
The general purpose of the job is to develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organization objectives. Effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization. The marketing department is established, the Jr Marketing Manager can hit the ground running.
Key qualifications and competencies:
Suitable candidate must have 5-10 yrs relevant experience in B2C Marketing, Sales and Branding of FMCG products. A degree in Marketing and/or Business Administration can be an advantage, not a must.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Organisational skills
• Commercial awareness
• Good team working skills
• Communication skills
• Numerical skills
• IT skills
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
Duties and responsibilities:
· implementing marketing strategy and activities within the agreed budget
· Profiling, positioning and budgeting of the marketing activities
· Branding the product line within the local B-2-B market
· Conducting new product feasibility, test marketing and launches
· Visiting Customers and External Agencies
· promotional activities and development of new campaigns
· negotiate with different parties
· designing, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house' journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional videos.
· liaise with media and advertising and working closely with the sales department
• USD 4.000-5.000 a month (before tax)
• Local allowance of USD 1.000 a month for local expenses
• Housing, Car/driver, bonus, tickets and insurance
Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Benin, limited to the local cashew processing industry. Chain development has the priority, with strong focus on food crop production and processing. The farm has a capacity to process 1500 ton of biological, fair trade and conventional cashew nut kernels and they have about 300 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
For this factory we are looking for a General Manager to replace the current General Manager per August 2016. This person should be a senior manager, with an affiliation with Africa and good leadership-, coaching, communicative skills (intercultural) and good financial insight.
For the daily running of the operation we are recruiting a General Manager for the plant in Benin. The purpose of the job is to ensure the future of the company and to make sure it is profitable, with a focus on finance and purchasing processes.
The position is part of the aspiration to become good performing in product buying, productivity, lean and profitable organisation and to fulfil the mission & vision of the company.
* Oversees and manage operations of all accounting and purchasing operations
* Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial reports and forecasts
* Responsible for business processes and optimisation and internal controls
* Strategy formulation and implementation and development of business plan Coach the management team on finance, acquisition and sales
* Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies goals
* Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
* Identified key deliverables and implement weekly KPI to measure performance
* Make financial rapports for the manager and shareholders, as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock level
* Senior Manager with 5+ years of experience in a management role, with a strong focus on finance
* Thorough knowledge of financial principles and procedures, such as making budgets, financial reports and cash flows.
* Experience in working in (West) Africa
* Good understanding of the English and French language written and spoken
* Must be a visionary and lead by the example
* Should be a customer-oriented and result-driven person
* Good communication skills
* Enthusiastic, accurate
* Structured in work methodology
* Stress resistant and flexible
Reporting to Head Office in The Netherlands
Size of team 4 direct, 300 employees indirect
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of Financial Management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost
- Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with various government agencies’ reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- 5+ years of experience as a Controller, preferably in Africa.
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
Are you interested in this role? Please upload your full profile and motivation through the link "I'm Interested".