JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is a large distributor of food commodities that is expanding into the West African market. They are looking for an independent and self-motivated person to become their Sales Manager in Ghana.
• Secure continuity and expansion of the company’s position on the Ghanaian market linked to the annual business and the companies long term plan for Africa and more specific Ghana
• Acquire new customers -in close cooperation with the local distributors/agents- and grow our business with existing customers
• Scout opportunities with larger customers and (international) chains like hotels, restaurants, retail, convenience
• Launch new products -together with the distributor/agent- on the market, support and promote the products and brands and scout opportunities in the market for new concepts and products
• Build local networks
• Make optimal use of assigned marketing budgets for brand communication and visibility in the market
• Support our distributor’s/agents in the market regarding logistic affairs, managing information and communication to and from the head office in Europe
• Support the Area Manager Africa on a day to day base in the local market and report on a weekly basis e.g. results, opportunities.
• Competences: can convince and influence, relation/network manager, entrepreneurial, commercial and promotional skills
• Price and trade term negotiation is NOT the responsibility of the sales manager
• Activation, Initiation and out roll promotions
What we are looking for:
• Local employee - Ghana based an National
• ‘Neutral’ attitude and background with respect to religion, tribes, politics.
• International attitude - with respect for being able to work locally for a European company
• Should have experience in FMCG sales and business development, preferably for a larger company
• Somebody that can work around and be accepted by the local distributors and agents
• Should have sales/promotion/market execution experience and a sales/customer network in the Ghanaian market
• Should have experience with working with agents/distributors
• Next to local language(s)/dialect(s) should be sufficient in English (both written and oral), French is a nice extra.
What is on offer:
• One-year contract, with possible extension
• Standalone job with loads of traveling
• Competitive package
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start date: a.s.a.p.
Package: salary negotiable, accommodation and car
For one of our clients we are recruiting a Head of Maintenance for a large milling organisation, based in Lagos. Looking for a someone with a large experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, managing the maintenance department of multiple sites of a multinational food manufacturing company. In this role you will be the first Engineer, with major responsibilities in terms of maintenance, electrical installation, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and writing procedures, training documents for other technicians.
- Having worked for a large multinational in FMCG, preferably in the food manufacturing industry in large plants in a similar role
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical processes, both hands-on and in theory
- Highly adaptable to changing situations
- Possesses a strong sense of honesty and integrity
We are looking for an organizational talent with a technical background that is motivated to commit himself for the development of Ethiopia.
Our client is a healthy and fast growing company in Ethiopia, a beautiful country with friendly people and many opportunities. They’d like to make a difference to their 60 employees, their families and surroundings with good employership. At the same time the company stands for a high quality product, for which they known for in the whole of Ethiopia.
Because of the growth the last 5 years and the planned growth the coming 5 years, our client needs a production manager who will help to achieve their goals. The purpose of the role is to optimize the processes of the production lines and to realize the intended extension.
Key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the production process and the employees;
- Responsible for the technical department (maintenance and reparation);
- Further development of the production processes and internal logistics;
- Further development of the quality measurements;
- Hiring and training of employees.
- Character! In this company that means being independant, but also being able to work in a team, being flexible, persistent and keep working on quality;
- Proactiveness. In Ethiopia things work different then they do in ‘western countries’ and because of this you need to able to think ahead and act selfsecure;
- Knowledge of technique. At critical moments you have to act yourself and come up with good solutions. An mba with a technical background is important;
- Fluent in the English language.
If you have always dreamed of challenge in Africa, this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Working in the middle of the Ethiopian society and gaining fantastic experience. Not one day is the same and it’s an incredible adventure. The wages will be determined with the candidate and depends on factors like experience. Accommodation and transport will be arranged in consultation with the employee.
The companies is based on christian values so there is a preference for a person who stands for these values as well. We are looking for someone on a short term notice.
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client in food production is expanding their production capacity on short term. We are looking for an engineer to become their new Technical Manager.
• Negotiate with local contractors
• Finalise contracts for installation and civil work
• Realise the expansion projects
• Responsible for (preventive) maintenance
• Work together with the local production manager on design, plan and execute maintenance
• Train local mechanics and electricians
• Discuss product specifications, scope of project, implementation process with global engineers
• Implement maintenance software with help of the local team
• Minimize downtime
• Completed education in civil or electrics mechanics
• At least years’ experience within a maintenance / technical role
• Preferably experience in (food) manufacturing environment
• Capable of convincing to adapt their professional approach to the local circumstances
• Proven experience in leading technical capex projects
• Proven project management skills
• Fluent in English, speaking and writing
• Hands on, hard worker, motivator
• Long term plans for staying on this project
• International environment
• Room for professional and personal development
• Full time job
• Attractive compensations and benefits package
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Benin, limited to the local cashew processing industry. Chain development has the priority, with strong focus on food crop production and processing. The farm has a capacity to process 1500 ton of biological, fair trade and conventional cashew nut kernels and they have about 300 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
For this factory we are looking for a General Manager (couple) to replace the current General Manager (couple) per December 2017 or earlier. This person should be a senior manager, with an affiliation with Africa and good leadership-, coaching, communicative skills (intercultural) and good financial insight.
For the daily running of the operation we are recruiting a General Manager (couple) for the plant in Benin. The purpose of the job is to ensure the future of the company and to make sure it is profitable, with a focus on finance and purchasing processes.
The position is part of the aspiration to become good performing in product buying, productivity, lean and profitable organisation and to fulfil the mission & vision of the company.
* Oversees and manage operations of all accounting and purchasing operations
* Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial reports and forecasts
* Responsible for business processes and optimisation and internal controls
* Strategy formulation and implementation and development of business plan Coach the management team on finance, acquisition and sales
* Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies goals
* Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
* Identified key deliverables and implement weekly KPI to measure performance
* Make financial rapports for the manager and shareholders, as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock level
* Senior Manager with 5+ years of experience in a management role, with a strong focus on finance
* Thorough knowledge of financial principles and procedures, such as making budgets, financial reports and cash flows.
* Experience in working in (West) Africa
* Fluent in English, good understanding of French preferred
* Option for partner to join the company as an Operations Manager
* Must be a visionary and lead by the example
* Should be a customer-oriented and result-driven person
* Good communication skills
* Enthusiastic, accurate
* Structured in work methodology
* Stress resistant and flexible
Reporting to Head Office in The Netherlands
Size of team 4 direct, 300 employees indirect
Are you interested in becoming a General Manger in Benin? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sales Strategy and Coordination Manager role
The company we recruit for delivers Pay-As-You-Go asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. The anchor product is a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger, and a radio, allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
For the next phase of growth we are looking at transforming the direct sales channel strategy and execution capabilities whilst creating new indirect channels. We require an experienced sales manager to lead this efforts that will bridge energy poverty and financial inclusion for hundreds of thousands of people across Ghana.
Key responsibilities include:
- Make sales strategies and implement them to help achieve sales targets in coordination with field sales manager
- Hit monthly sales targets by providing necessary supports such as budgeting, planning, resolving personal issues and logistics to sales people
- Manage and reinforce several teams (administration, training and sales support) to give better supports to field sales agents
- Coordinate with finance department on all payment and budget related issues
- Conduct a series of quantitative analyses on sales performance to capture sales trends and pain points on a SC level as additional KPIs and share them with field sales team
- Prepare budgets and track expenses to manage costs
- Organize and lead monthly sales meeting where sales performance review, sales targets, strategies and new initiatives are shared among the management and area sales managers
- Set appropriate incentives and KPIs both for SSC staff member and field sales agents
- Collaborate with repayment team to help achieve higher repayment rate by customers
- Report to head of sales
The successful candidate must have:
- An experience of 3+ years in managing role in sales / strategy in telco, FMCG, fast-paced start-up, or top consulting firm.
- Demonstrable achievements in building and managing with several functions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to foster a cooperative work environment amongst the functional heads.
- Result-oriented mindset and extremely high motivation for making things happen
- Work experience in West Africa and speaking Ghanaian local languages are a plus.
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Strategy and Coordination Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, a leading industrial food processor, requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven Project Manager in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The candidate will be working directly with and reporting to the Senior Strategic Project Manager with regards the execution of specific tasks and information gathering required to evaluate and develop business cases for the foods processing business opportunities that have been (or potentially will still to be identified) in Cote d’ivoire.
As the Cote d’Ivoire Project Manager, the position will encompass:
(1) Being an on-the-ground resource and source of support for research, analysis and conducting fact finding verifications or validations;
(2) Being a source of contact for important strategic in country stakeholders (e.g. National Government, local government and community leaders as well as potential suppliers and clients);
(3) Manage, plan, organize and control various short to medium term initiatives in support of specific business case development requirements;
• Business Case Evaluation - Conduct in depth research and validation of key business case drivers that have been identified for a particular business case
• Business Management - Provide on the ground support to key strategic and operational initiatives at various business opportunities
• Stakeholder Management - Building and maintain strong relationships with key strategic partners in country
• Project Management - During the business launch phase; plan, coordinate, control and implement the project management activities in order to meet the contract milestones and objectives. Manage in-country activities to ensure effective launch of new business and opportunity
• Reporting - Regular reporting to the Senior Strategic Project Manager on progress, challenges, additional support required
Qualitifications / Knowledge
• Postgraduate Degree (preference for Commerce and Agriculture)
• Microsoft Office includes( MS Word, MS Excel, MS Projects, MS Power Point and MS Outlook);
• Knowledge of Cote d’Ivoire Agriculture and Industrial sectors
• Project Management qualification
• Supply and Value chain qualificatons
• General Business Management
• Local and regional economic and politics
• Well connected with established networks
• At least 3 years commercial experience
• At least 2 years FSCM or FMCG or Agriculture
• Farming and Food processing
• HACCP exposure
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Report writing skill
• Well versed in English and French (Verbal and written)
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Well organised with time management capabilities
• Logical reasoning capabilities and problem solver
• Scheduling and planning abilities
• Ability to manage multiple work streams
• Confident and Motivated
• Self-sufficient and Independent
• Well organized, self starter
• Passionate about Africa and food
• Entrepreneurial tendancies
• Native Cote d’Ivoirian or international candidate that has been based there for the past > 3 years at least
• Own a reliable vehicle
• Based in Abidjan
• Some International exposure
The fixed term contract will be for 6-months, with an option to extend to a Permanent Role, depending on the outcome of the business case development and performance of the candidate.
Compensation will vary based on experience, expected to be between 9 000 000 and 15 000 000 CFA for the full 6 months.
All expenses associated with travel outside of Abidjan will be reimbursed, provided pre-travel approval and presentation of full receipts.
Location: Chamba / Lome - Togo
Reporting to: Managing Director/Director General
Size of team 4 direct, 800 employees indirect reports
Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Togo food crop production and processing. The client has two factories in Togo. The factories combined have a processing capacity of over 5000 tons of Raw Cashew Nuts per year. In 2016 – the factories processed roughly 2000 tons of RCN. t There are about 800 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
We are looking for a head of production to have oversight on both factories. This person should be a senior manager, with an affiliation with Africa and good leadership-, coaching, communicative skills (intercultural) and good financial insight. It is critical that this leader has lean manufacturing experience to establish and reinforce best practices at our client.
For the daily running of the operation we are recruiting a Head of Production for the plants in Togo. The purpose of the job is to ensure the future of the company and to make sure it is profitable, with a focus on productivity and quality. Our client has over 10 years of experience in processing Cashew Nuts and has grow organically from processing 40 Tons/Year in 2005 to 2000 tons/Year in 2016. However, the company now has ambition to grow to 5000-10000 Tons processed per year – and the leadership of the company believes that an experienced Lean Manufacturing Leader is required to take the company to the next level.
The company wants to be best in class in RCN purchasing, processing, in CNSL processing – not just with conventional kernels but also in the fair trade and organic markets.
• Oversees and manage all operations of production.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processing.
• Puts in place Lean Manufacturing best practices in both factories in Tchamba and Blitta.
• Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial reports and forecasts
• Responsible for business processes and optimisation and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and implementation and development of business plan
• Coach the management team on production plans
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the company’s goals
• Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Identify key deliverables and implement weekly KPI to measure performance
• Make financial and production reports for the managing director and shareholders, as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock level
• Senior Manager with 10+ years of experience in a management role, with a strong focus on operations
• Some knowledge of financial principles and procedures, such as making budgets and financial reporting.
• Experience in working in (West) Africa
• Industrial background, process management
• Good understanding of the English and French language written and spoken
• Must be a visionary and lead by example
• Should be a customer-oriented and result-driven person
• Good communication skills
• Enthusiastic, accurate
• Structured in work methodology
• Stress resistant and flexible
• € 40.000 nett per annum
• Vehicle, Housing, International Insurance
• Performance based bonus of € 5.000