JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For our client we are recruiting an ambitious Deputy Managing Director for their food production operation in Suriname. The new Deputy Managing Director must have a passion to produce healthy food and impact our environment in a positive way.
Job type: permanent, full-time, with trial period
Salary: competitive, including bonus
Location: Paramaribo, Suriname
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Deputy Managing Director will be reporting to the Managing Director and he will manage the operations. He will improve profitability, build an effective and efficient organization, deliver commercial objectives and lead the finance and operations teams, all with the aim to execute and develop the business strategy. Specific areas of responsibility include:
Assuming accountability for the company operations, with a focus on the following points
• Delivering best agricultural practices, efficient post-harvest and optimal quality control
• Marketing of the products and directing optiomal sales
• Ensuring the proper financial, technological and human resources are in place for the continued success and growth of the business
• Aggressive cost and revenue optimization, in compliance with the policies and spending thresholds
• Overseeing the finance functions with cash management, budget planning, and addressing the financing needs of the company through organic funding
• Reporting of performance on a monthly basis
• Cash generating position on an annual basis
Building and maintaining an effective management team
• Communicating strategy, values and mission
• Assigning responsibilities and key roles, relocating and dismissing unnecessary people as needed
• Hiring, developing and promoting talents, while developing consistent training for teams
• Developing an open and communicative climate
• Ensuring a proper succession plan is in place at any time for senior functions in the company
• Setting targets, evaluating performance and appropriate rewarding of team members
Developing strategic plans, according to objectives set by the company
• 5-year forecast operating and financial model, with key focus on cash returned to the company and delivery of regenerative objectives
• Organically funded growth strategy, including new products, markets and land
• Key strategic analyses on product mix, productivity and go-to-market strategy
• Education of the team to operate under the financial constraints and objectives set by the company
• Ensure company policies, risk mitigation actions, compliance with health and safety requirements are communicated and followed at all times
• Addressing the financing needs of the group, through organic funding
The Deputy Managing Director will report to the Managing Director.
Skills, Qualifications & Attitude
We are looking for a strategic leader and team player, confident and happy to work hard to accomplish a purposeful goal. The following skills are the most important:
§ At least 10 years of relevant experience in a similar position within a primary production enterprise
§ Solid managerial skills, ability to manage an extensive team including white- and blue-collar employees
§ Entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude. Boots in the field
§ Ability to successfully manage contingencies, crises, tight cash situations, and execute change management plans
§ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
§ Good understanding of the wider agribusiness/ food & drink/ retail sectors
§ Business education with good command of finance
§ Open mindset with keen interest in innovation
§ Good knowledge of English, Dutch is a plus
§ Interest in themes such as sustainability, resource efficiency, regenerative or circular business models
§ Willingness to live in remote locations
§ Ambition to meaningfully grow the business
Are you interested in becoming a Deputy Managing Director in Suriname? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, a leading agricultural company, is seeking an astute, target‐driven, innovative General Manager. The General Manager should have a track record of strong integrity and should be willing to embrace and lead change in a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment. The business model is a farmer friendly business model working with smallholder farmers across the country.
As the General Manager, you will lead the team of Regional Managers in all commercial activities, which includes driving the sales of agro inputs and other products and services ensuring all certification and sustainable farmer development programmes are executed effectively. This role has profit centre responsibility and the concerned individual is responsible for all risks covering the business.
• Provide overall leadership and management, business strategy, procurement and risk planning, stakeholder management as well as hold responsibility for the achievement of overall business results. This also includes the achievement of the Profit & Loss of the business in line with approved budgets.
• Actively work with the Country Management to lead the strategic change in the business, provide continuous and real time feedback of the progress of the implementation of the strategy and advice necessary changes based on practical challenges.
• The General Manager shall be responsible for ensuring the business meets its financial and non-financial targets in addition to satisfying all stakeholders of the business.
• Provide weekly and/or monthly business reporting on operational performance as well as profitability, in line with reporting formats.
• Develop and execute the overall market strategy which includes:
- Tracking competitor activity and recommend and adjust the marketing strategy to be ahead of the competition.
- Developing sales and marketing strategies to achieve successful commercialization of products and services.
- Driving business innovation and implementing new technology.
• Ensure traceability processes and oversee certification requirements of clients in the business.
• Lead the resource planning, recruitment, performance management and development of a large team of Regional Managers in conjunction with HR.
• Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Agribusiness or other business related field. Desirable: MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
• At least 10 years’ commercial and management experience, including a minimum of five years at middle/senior management level.
• Knowledge and experience of Agric commodity, rural sector, farming communities, agribusiness products and distribution channels are an advantage.
• Proven track record of developing and leading high performing marketing/sales teams at regional or national level, ideally with a multi-national or Blue Chip company.
• Must be able to work effectively with others, develop and nurture a team and promote collaboration within and across multiple locations.
• Must have analytical, conceptual, strategic and planning abilities as well as target driven, performance and bottom-line orientation.
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• High levels of Integrity
• Impeccable prioritization and organizational skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and people management skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Outstanding communication skills both written and oral
• Strong diplomacy skills
• Attention to detail
• Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is a must
Core Value & Demands of the job
• Ability to obtain the right information and make brief recommendations for any changes you consider necessary to carry out your tasks in the most effective way.
• Ability to have diplomatic skills to manage the external environment and other stakeholders in order to enhance the reputation of the company.
• Ability to actively set a vision for the business, gaining alignment and maintaining morale and team spirit
• Ability to drive business results and display entrepreneurship at the local level
• Ability to implement effective customer management across all channels
• Ability to cope with fast pace, ever changing environment
• Robust, adaptable and being able to work around the clock
• Ability to travel extensively across the regions
• Ability to develop a strong network and leverage on personal network
• Must have the self-awareness, integrity and coaching skills to model the values of the company
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, one of the leading players in the world cocoa bean trading market, we are looking for a Cocoa Trader creating profit contribution mainly via trading physical cocoa and working on global cocoa markets to establish, maintain and develop relationships with customers and suppliers. The focus will be on procurement West Africa.
The Cocoa Trader identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals. Builds and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions in the cocoa market. The person reports to the Head Trader
1. Buying, marketing and selling
2. Relationship management
3. Contract execution
4. Using futures, options & FX for hedging
5. Risk Management
6. Market research
8. Management support
1. Buying, marketing and selling:
• Buying and selling of physical cocoa to maximize company revenue.
• Daily contact with regional and/or local representatives in origin about market developments.
• Communication with regional and/or local representatives about execution of sourcing strategy.
• Daily contact with clients and suppliers.
• Using and performing market analysis to implement appropriate buying and selling strategies.
2. Relationship management
- Maintaining and developing commercial relationships with suppliers and buyers.
3. Contract execution
- Responsible for sound execution of sale and purchase contracts related to the assigned origins.
- Solid communication with and provide support for back-office and logistics team.
- Close liaison with origin teams.
4. Futures & FX trading for hedging and proprietary book
- Assist Head Trader and/or Trader responsible for hedging and proprietary book in developing and maximizing the company’s trading strategy within the guidelines of the risk management policy.
- Being able to replace in absence of the Head Trader and/or Trader responsible for hedging and proprietary book in trading futures, options and foreign exchanges for hedging purposes and proprietary trading.
5. Risk management
- Ensure full insight and taking full ownership in the portfolio of physical book in terms of positions allocation, value at risk and risk controls with full understanding on all related risks, such as counterparty, origin and market risks.
- Develop and advise (potential) customers and suppliers on risk management policies and tools.
6. Market research
- Conduct research and analyse data in supply and demand factors of cocoa, related markets and of macro-economic fundamentals.
- Prepare analytical commodity market reviews for rest of trading team and clients.
- Work jointly with the CR Officer in the implementation of sustainability projects/strategy in the assigned origins and with clients.
8. Management and team support
- Supporting the management in the implementation of the business strategies via daily execution of sales and account management as well as sourcing strategies and risk management.
- Work closely with origin reps and teams to ensure market share growth in the cocoa market.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (Mathematics, Econometrics). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
• 3+ years of experience in preferably procurement of cocoa or other soft/agricultural commodities trading.
• Proven sourcing experience.
• Sound knowledge on cocoa or other soft/agricultural markets.
• Good understanding of risk management in physical soft/agricultural commodities trading.
• Fluent in French and English, both verbal and written.
• Team player with strong commercial acumen.
• Good analytical and numerical skills with attention to detail.
• Keen sense of priorities to meet short deadlines.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, especially Excel.
• Entrepreneurial, dynamic and looking for trading opportunities.
• Continuous drive to understand and beat the market.
• Well organized, accurate.
• Effective and convincing communicator and negotiator.
• Committed and determined. Pro-active, focussed and decisive, a winner!
Travel: Position requires international travelling
Package: To be defined
Starting date: from Mid April on
Are you interested in becoming a Cocoa Trader West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Location: Akosombo with weekly visit to Accra Head Office
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior HR professional to head the company’s HR function, as a member of the management team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for heading HR for all sites and leading the development and implementation of HR strategies, programs and activities relating to workforce planning, recruitment and staffing, remuneration and benefits administration, labor relations, workforce training & development, HR records management and other relevant diversity initiatives.
The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO. All HR site managers will report directly to the Senior HR Manager.
• Develop HR strategies and administer HR policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance to the Labour Act
• Develop contracting controls and monitoring procedures
• Support in the implementation of a HRIS
• Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of staff
• Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs
• Provide guidance for the determination of competitive and equitable employee compensation
• Plan and coordinate employee functions, suggestion programme, etc.
• Collaborate with the Corporate HR function for the provision of cohesive HR services to all employees
• Lead the coaching and counselling of employees to imbibe the service standards and procedures of the company
• Develop a method to gauge current labour cost with market cost to ensure cost effective recruitment
• Develop an efficient and effective employee appraisal system
Educational Qualifications / Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field. A Master’s Degree is preferable.
• Professional certification in HR and membership of a professional body
• Over six years working experience of which three years must be in management position
• Experience working in a foreign country and similar structure would be a huge advantage.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Extensive and progressively responsible executive experience with all facets of human resources and labour relations management including labour negotiations, developing and negotiating benefits programs, compensation and performance management, talent management and employee relations.
• In depth knowledge of employment laws in Ghana including labour relations law and practice and government regulations and policies as they impact HR
• Extensive understanding of Human Resources Strategic issues and challenges with the ability to conceptualize and implement Human Resources interventions
• Ability to establish and maintain trust, credibility and confidentiality
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of organization change / culture transformation process, and dealing with changing situations
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems.
• General managerial / administration skills
• Team building / conflict management skills
• Coaching / Leadership / Negotiation skills
• Organization and coordination skills
People skills Generic Skills
• Initiative Entrepreneurship / taking ownership
• Analytical Skills / Negotiation Skills
• Self-Management / Interpersonal Skills
• Highly developed senior level management and leadership skills
• Determent and a good decision maker on strategic level
Are you interested in becoming a Senior HR Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client builds and invests in tech businesses targeting South African and African consumers, with a growing portfolio of high-growth online companies.
They focus on:
• rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution
• strong operational focus
• implementing global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
• Teams cover all aspects of business, including operations, marketing, finance, data and software.
The quality of our talent and teams is the most important driver of our long-term success.
A vacancy exists for an experienced Procurement Manager to manage the company’s supply of products and services and act as a central procurement resource within the group.
This role will be a 6-month fixed term contract position.
The Procurement Manager’s responsibilities include:
• working with portfolio companies in order to strategise and find cost-effective deals with suppliers thereby cutting procurement expenses and reducing spend.
This role will be Cape Town based and offers the incumbent the opportunity to join a vibrant Silicon Valley style business, working with a young, non-hierarchical and fast-moving team.
About the Role
This role will focus on the following:
• Development and management of procurement strategies
• Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate procurement partnerships.
• Manage the supplier relationship and negotiate advantageous terms with external vendors.
• Analyse market price and products for competitiveness.
• Evaluate existing contracts and agreements with suppliers.
• Control spend and assist to build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant commercial tertiary degree e.g. Supply chain management, Logistics, Business administration.
• 10+ years’ experience in procurement/commercial role e.g. Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, Head of Procurement.
• FMCG or Retail industry background
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in ‘reading’ the market.
• Profound skills in negotiation tactics and networking
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in managing a team
• Computer literacy in MS office with advanced excel skills.
• Strong numerical skills.
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data
• Experience in dealing with complexity and managing a high volume of suppliers
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile and is likely to include a base salary with incentives for reducing spend.
Are you interested in becoming a Group Procurement Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
An exciting e -commerce business is looking to recruit an MD with a focus in Sales into the team. The incumbent would be a member of the core management team and participate in driving the Sales strategy for the business. You need to be able to think strategically as well as operationally and have strong people management skills.
As the MD of Sales your responsibilities would include:
• Compiling and analysing sales figures
• Build and Lead a sales team.
• Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to clients
• Oversee sales controls and reporting.
• Ensure that the sales platform is fully utilised.
• Monitoring your team's performance and motivating them to reach targets
• Support marketing and product development teams with regards to insights.
• Build and drive company culture.
• Relevant business related tertiary degree.
• 5 -7 years years experience in a similar role for small to medium size businesses in FMCG, Retail, Ecommerce, Pharmaceutical, Banking.
• Commercial and financial understanding
• Results driven with high energy levels and commitment
• Negotiation skills
• Both an operational and a strategic thinker.
• A strong team player.
• An outgoing personality, confident, outspoken and gregarious.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Computer literate, Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
• The opportunity to join a talented team.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Sales in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a leading producer and supplier of premium quality oils and fats for the food manufacturing industry. Since they want to expand their export market, they are looking for a Sales Manager for the West African region.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and establish potential customers for the sales initiative of the company
- Generate the sale of company products in the region in accordance to agreed sales targets
- Planning, Implementation and evaluation of critical initiatives that delivers market share and profit growth within assigned region.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales engagement with customers
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure constant availability of company’s products and services across the region to achieve or exceed agreed targets
- Ensure accurate delivery of product request at a timely manner
- Gather market data or intelligence on competitor activity.
schedules and provide customers with superior levels of service to meet the needs of the customer
- Establish and ensure that sales administration policies and procedures relating to the scope of work are properly implemented to support the company’s efforts to achieve sales targets
- Maintain and develop good relationship with customers through personal contact or meetings or via telephone
- Ensure efficient gathering of market and customer information to enhance price negotiations
- Ensure accurate records of orders and sales figures
- Identify and inform management on trade trends within the vegetable oil industry
- Design and lead major initiatives within assigned region with the aim of gaining advantage over the competition.
Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Maintain contacts with all departments especially finance team on matters concerning payment from customers.
Responsibility for Company Asset
Has responsibility to ensure all assets of the company are maintained properly.
1. Educational Qualification
• BSc Marketing or Administration
2. Previous Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ sales experience with oil and fat industry (must have)
• Sales experience within the West African Region
3. Technical Skills
• Ability to identify potential markets
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Working experience in the West Africa Region
• Fluency in French ( huge preference)
• High level integrity
• Self-driven result oriented
• Can do attitude and persistent
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Time Management : Uses time effectively and efficiently
• Nationals from Ghana or West African countries are highly preferred for this position
We are recruiting for one of South Africa's best-loved e-commerce destinations. Almost 20 years ago they launces and is South Africa’s leading e-commerce FMCG store, selling the widest range of their products across South Africa.
They are in need of a dynamic Marketing Manager to join the team.
The incumbent will be responsible for driving sales through effective management of all marketing channels; strategizing and execution of campaigns to drive customer acquisition and increased brand awareness. This individual will need to have an understanding of the customer requirements in order to define the goals for user experience; and work closely with merchandise and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met to ultimately improve brand loyalty.
The company is owned by a company that builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
About the Role
The role will include the following deliverables:
Plan and co-ordinate email marketing
• Manage the email marketing calendar and brief merchandisers on the offers required to drive sufficient revenue and desired brand perception
• Direct and oversee the design and coding of emailers
• Schedule emailers and manage the email database wrt list size and segmentation
Budgeting & Channel reporting
• Monitor margins and identify problems to relate to merchandise, operations, customer service or marketing spend
• Assess and Manage the efficiency of marketing spend per channel
• Monthly revision of marketing budget
Customer acquisition and retention
• Source new partnerships and campaigns to drive brand awareness and generate new leads
• Monitor email database size and interactions - list size, open rates, clicks and related customer service tickets
• Manage the wine club and curate monthly selections
• Soft marketing efforts to improve brand positioning, brand awareness and retain the various customer segments
Website Manage banners and promotions on the homepage
• Monitor sold out products, basket reservations and mixed cases and relate to merchandise to manage
• Creating and managing new campaign and category landing pages for promotions
• Front-end features to improve UX: Research, design & brief dev on long-term new front-end features & improvements.
• Manage the team/pool as to achieve set performance goals and effectively contribute to team performance
• Actively identify problem areas within workflow and improve processes where necessary
• Transfer knowledge and skill and encourage design-related learning outside the company
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 3-5 years in a Marketing or Brand manager role, in retail, beverages, FMCG or similar consumer-facing environment.
• Exceptional skills in the Digital Marketing space as well as in Traditional Marketing.
• Previous experience in an online/ecommerce environment highly beneficial.
• Understanding of South African retail consumers, and preferably an understanding of online consumers.
• Business acumen, data driven and numeric.
• Passion and interest in the wine industry.
• Initiative, enthusiasm, commitment to the role, and pro-activity.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile