JOB SEARCH RESULT:
An exciting e -commerce business is looking to recruit an MD with a focus in Sales into the team. The incumbent would be a member of the core management team and participate in driving the Sales strategy for the business. You need to be able to think strategically as well as operationally and have strong people management skills.
As the MD of Sales your responsibilities would include:
• Compiling and analysing sales figures
• Build and Lead a sales team.
• Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to clients
• Oversee sales controls and reporting.
• Ensure that the sales platform is fully utilised.
• Monitoring your team's performance and motivating them to reach targets
• Support marketing and product development teams with regards to insights.
• Build and drive company culture.
• Relevant business related tertiary degree.
• 5 -7 years years experience in a similar role for small to medium size businesses in FMCG, Retail, Ecommerce, Pharmaceutical, Banking.
• Commercial and financial understanding
• Results driven with high energy levels and commitment
• Negotiation skills
• Both an operational and a strategic thinker.
• A strong team player.
• An outgoing personality, confident, outspoken and gregarious.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Computer literate, Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
• The opportunity to join a talented team.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Sales in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a leading producer and supplier of premium quality oils and fats for the food manufacturing industry. Since they want to expand their export market, they are looking for a Sales Manager for the West African region.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and establish potential customers for the sales initiative of the company
- Generate the sale of company products in the region in accordance to agreed sales targets
- Planning, Implementation and evaluation of critical initiatives that delivers market share and profit growth within assigned region.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales engagement with customers
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure constant availability of company’s products and services across the region to achieve or exceed agreed targets
- Ensure accurate delivery of product request at a timely manner
- Gather market data or intelligence on competitor activity.
schedules and provide customers with superior levels of service to meet the needs of the customer
- Establish and ensure that sales administration policies and procedures relating to the scope of work are properly implemented to support the company’s efforts to achieve sales targets
- Maintain and develop good relationship with customers through personal contact or meetings or via telephone
- Ensure efficient gathering of market and customer information to enhance price negotiations
- Ensure accurate records of orders and sales figures
- Identify and inform management on trade trends within the vegetable oil industry
- Design and lead major initiatives within assigned region with the aim of gaining advantage over the competition.
Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Maintain contacts with all departments especially finance team on matters concerning payment from customers.
Responsibility for Company Asset
Has responsibility to ensure all assets of the company are maintained properly.
1. Educational Qualification
• BSc Marketing or Administration
2. Previous Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ sales experience with oil and fat industry (must have)
• Sales experience within the West African Region
3. Technical Skills
• Ability to identify potential markets
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Working experience in the West Africa Region
• Fluency in French ( huge preference)
• High level integrity
• Self-driven result oriented
• Can do attitude and persistent
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Time Management : Uses time effectively and efficiently
• Nationals from Ghana or West African countries are highly preferred for this position
We are recruiting for one of South Africa's best-loved e-commerce destinations. Almost 20 years ago they launces and is South Africa’s leading e-commerce FMCG store, selling the widest range of their products across South Africa.
They are in need of a dynamic Marketing Manager to join the team.
The incumbent will be responsible for driving sales through effective management of all marketing channels; strategizing and execution of campaigns to drive customer acquisition and increased brand awareness. This individual will need to have an understanding of the customer requirements in order to define the goals for user experience; and work closely with merchandise and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met to ultimately improve brand loyalty.
The company is owned by a company that builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
About the Role
The role will include the following deliverables:
Plan and co-ordinate email marketing
• Manage the email marketing calendar and brief merchandisers on the offers required to drive sufficient revenue and desired brand perception
• Direct and oversee the design and coding of emailers
• Schedule emailers and manage the email database wrt list size and segmentation
Budgeting & Channel reporting
• Monitor margins and identify problems to relate to merchandise, operations, customer service or marketing spend
• Assess and Manage the efficiency of marketing spend per channel
• Monthly revision of marketing budget
Customer acquisition and retention
• Source new partnerships and campaigns to drive brand awareness and generate new leads
• Monitor email database size and interactions - list size, open rates, clicks and related customer service tickets
• Manage the wine club and curate monthly selections
• Soft marketing efforts to improve brand positioning, brand awareness and retain the various customer segments
Website Manage banners and promotions on the homepage
• Monitor sold out products, basket reservations and mixed cases and relate to merchandise to manage
• Creating and managing new campaign and category landing pages for promotions
• Front-end features to improve UX: Research, design & brief dev on long-term new front-end features & improvements.
• Manage the team/pool as to achieve set performance goals and effectively contribute to team performance
• Actively identify problem areas within workflow and improve processes where necessary
• Transfer knowledge and skill and encourage design-related learning outside the company
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 3-5 years in a Marketing or Brand manager role, in retail, beverages, FMCG or similar consumer-facing environment.
• Exceptional skills in the Digital Marketing space as well as in Traditional Marketing.
• Previous experience in an online/ecommerce environment highly beneficial.
• Understanding of South African retail consumers, and preferably an understanding of online consumers.
• Business acumen, data driven and numeric.
• Passion and interest in the wine industry.
• Initiative, enthusiasm, commitment to the role, and pro-activity.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile
Our client is a large distributor of food commodities that is expanding into the West African market. They are looking for an independent and self-motivated person to become their Sales Manager in Ghana.
• Secure continuity and expansion of the company’s position on the Ghanaian market linked to the annual business and the companies long term plan for Africa and more specific Ghana
• Acquire new customers -in close cooperation with the local distributors/agents- and grow our business with existing customers
• Scout opportunities with larger customers and (international) chains like hotels, restaurants, retail, convenience
• Launch new products -together with the distributor/agent- on the market, support and promote the products and brands and scout opportunities in the market for new concepts and products
• Build local networks
• Make optimal use of assigned marketing budgets for brand communication and visibility in the market
• Support our distributor’s/agents in the market regarding logistic affairs, managing information and communication to and from the head office in Europe
• Support the Area Manager Africa on a day to day base in the local market and report on a weekly basis e.g. results, opportunities.
• Competences: can convince and influence, relation/network manager, entrepreneurial, commercial and promotional skills
• Price and trade term negotiation is NOT the responsibility of the sales manager
• Activation, Initiation and out roll promotions
What we are looking for:
• Local employee - Ghana based an National
• ‘Neutral’ attitude and background with respect to religion, tribes, politics.
• International attitude - with respect for being able to work locally for a European company
• Should have experience in FMCG sales and business development, preferably for a larger company
• Somebody that can work around and be accepted by the local distributors and agents
• Should have sales/promotion/market execution experience and a sales/customer network in the Ghanaian market
• Should have experience with working with agents/distributors
• Next to local language(s)/dialect(s) should be sufficient in English (both written and oral), French is a nice extra.
What is on offer:
• One-year contract, with possible extension
• Standalone job with loads of traveling
• Competitive package
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start date: a.s.a.p.
Package: salary negotiable, accommodation and car
For one of our clients we are recruiting a Head of Maintenance for a large milling organisation, based in Lagos. Looking for a someone with a large experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, managing the maintenance department of multiple sites of a multinational food manufacturing company. In this role you will be the first Engineer, with major responsibilities in terms of maintenance, electrical installation, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and writing procedures, training documents for other technicians.
- Having worked for a large multinational in FMCG, preferably in the food manufacturing industry in large plants in a similar role
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical processes, both hands-on and in theory
- Highly adaptable to changing situations
- Possesses a strong sense of honesty and integrity
We are looking for an organizational talent with a technical background that is motivated to commit himself for the development of Ethiopia.
Our client is a healthy and fast growing company in Ethiopia, a beautiful country with friendly people and many opportunities. They’d like to make a difference to their 60 employees, their families and surroundings with good employership. At the same time the company stands for a high quality product, for which they known for in the whole of Ethiopia.
Because of the growth the last 5 years and the planned growth the coming 5 years, our client needs a production manager who will help to achieve their goals. The purpose of the role is to optimize the processes of the production lines and to realize the intended extension.
Key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the production process and the employees;
- Responsible for the technical department (maintenance and reparation);
- Further development of the production processes and internal logistics;
- Further development of the quality measurements;
- Hiring and training of employees.
- Character! In this company that means being independant, but also being able to work in a team, being flexible, persistent and keep working on quality;
- Proactiveness. In Ethiopia things work different then they do in ‘western countries’ and because of this you need to able to think ahead and act selfsecure;
- Knowledge of technique. At critical moments you have to act yourself and come up with good solutions. An mba with a technical background is important;
- Fluent in the English language.
If you have always dreamed of challenge in Africa, this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Working in the middle of the Ethiopian society and gaining fantastic experience. Not one day is the same and it’s an incredible adventure. The wages will be determined with the candidate and depends on factors like experience. Accommodation and transport will be arranged in consultation with the employee.
The companies is based on christian values so there is a preference for a person who stands for these values as well. We are looking for someone on a short term notice.
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client in food production is expanding their production capacity on short term. We are looking for an engineer to become their new Technical Manager.
• Negotiate with local contractors
• Finalise contracts for installation and civil work
• Realise the expansion projects
• Responsible for (preventive) maintenance
• Work together with the local production manager on design, plan and execute maintenance
• Train local mechanics and electricians
• Discuss product specifications, scope of project, implementation process with global engineers
• Implement maintenance software with help of the local team
• Minimize downtime
• Completed education in civil or electrics mechanics
• At least years’ experience within a maintenance / technical role
• Preferably experience in (food) manufacturing environment
• Capable of convincing to adapt their professional approach to the local circumstances
• Proven experience in leading technical capex projects
• Proven project management skills
• Fluent in English, speaking and writing
• Hands on, hard worker, motivator
• Long term plans for staying on this project
• International environment
• Room for professional and personal development
• Full time job
• Attractive compensations and benefits package
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Benin, limited to the local cashew processing industry. Chain development has the priority, with strong focus on food crop production and processing. The farm has a capacity to process 1500 ton of biological, fair trade and conventional cashew nut kernels and they have about 300 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
For this factory we are looking for a General Manager (couple) to replace the current General Manager (couple) per December 2017 or earlier. This person should be a senior manager, with an affiliation with Africa and good leadership-, coaching, communicative skills (intercultural) and good financial insight.
For the daily running of the operation we are recruiting a General Manager (couple) for the plant in Benin. The purpose of the job is to ensure the future of the company and to make sure it is profitable, with a focus on finance and purchasing processes.
The position is part of the aspiration to become good performing in product buying, productivity, lean and profitable organisation and to fulfil the mission & vision of the company.
* Oversees and manage operations of all accounting and purchasing operations
* Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial reports and forecasts
* Responsible for business processes and optimisation and internal controls
* Strategy formulation and implementation and development of business plan Coach the management team on finance, acquisition and sales
* Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies goals
* Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
* Identified key deliverables and implement weekly KPI to measure performance
* Make financial rapports for the manager and shareholders, as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock level
* Senior Manager with 5+ years of experience in a management role, with a strong focus on finance
* Thorough knowledge of financial principles and procedures, such as making budgets, financial reports and cash flows.
* Experience in working in (West) Africa
* Fluent in English, good understanding of French preferred
* Option for partner to join the company as an Operations Manager
* Must be a visionary and lead by the example
* Should be a customer-oriented and result-driven person
* Good communication skills
* Enthusiastic, accurate
* Structured in work methodology
* Stress resistant and flexible
Reporting to Head Office in The Netherlands
Size of team 4 direct, 300 employees indirect
Are you interested in becoming a General Manger in Benin? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.