JOB SEARCH RESULT:
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Accountant is part of the finance department & is overall responsible for posting accounting transactions in SAGE, preparing payment vouchers , preparing reports or schedules for SAGE posting , filing of records , monitoring district funds & stocks.
• Posting of Sales & Miscellaneous Income
• Preparation and Posting of:
o Warehousing and Export Expenses
o Preparation of Handling Cost - Suppliers
o Preparation of Bad debts
o Posting of Deferred Expenses
o Posting of Interest Charges on Inter Company Loans
o Posting of Bank Transactions ( Charges on Account)
• OH EXPENSES
o Vetting Expenses Reports
o Posting of cheque payment transactions
o Posting of expense report transactions
o Posting of payroll transactions
o Posting of withholding tax transactions
o Posting of Cashew/Sesame/Gum Arabic/ WACC funding JVs
o Preparation of overhead analysis
o Posting of Forex transactions
o Posting of interest receivable
o Posting of Daily Expenditure
o Recording and Posting of Cash Payments
o Preparation & Posting of Depreciation
o Posting of Prepaid Monthly Overhead Expenses(Rents & Insurance)
• REPORT /SCHEDULES PREPARATION
o Preparation of Mgt Commentary & Ratios
o Cash Reconciliation
o Assist in Cognos Reporting
o Assist in preparation of management account
o Preparation of Withholding tax Schedule
o Preparation of Daily Expense Report
o Preparation of Cash Report (Cash Certificate )
o Preparation of Supplier and Debtor Reconciliation
• REPORTS /SCHEDULES REVIEW
o Vetting Expenses Reports
o Review of Ops Manager and Warehouse Keeper Report
o Review of Stocks Reports from districts
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIALIZED SKILLS /KNOWLEDGE:
• BSC –Accounting & ACCA or CA II
• 3 year relevant work experience
• Advanced analytical skills
• Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills
• Ability to work independently
• Good project-, time management skills and the ability to work towards tight deadlines
• Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think outside the box and have an innovative approach
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Accountant in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE AND GENERAL ROLE EXPECTATIONS
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to all the company's businesses and to lead all Capex projects from Concept to Implementation. For this role we are recruiting national (The Netherlands) jobseekers only.
The position will involve the following functions:
(1) Planning and execution of CAPEX projects throughout Africa
(2) Implementation of Maintenance plans and monitoring of Maintenance Execution for all company sites
(3) Functional leadership to the on-site Technical Teams
(4) Develop and implement new processes and products according to the needs of the company
The position will report to the Managing Director with dotted line to Corporate Senior Project Manager
The R&D Assistant and Technical Roll Out Manager report directly to this position. The Countries Technical managers will have a dotted line report to this role.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING
Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree with additional education in food processing
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in factory engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and process development
• Significant experience in building new food factories in Africa
• Experience in the development of new processes and process improvement
• Extensive knowledge of project management in research
• Experience in the Starch Industry
Dordrecht (Netherlands) with travelling across all sites as needed
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Planning and execution of CAPEX projects
Maintenance of all Facilities and Equipment
Product development, meeting customer requests in line with business need. (considering hurdle rates): Lead definition and implementation of projects
Improvements (quality, energy, water usage, environmental impact and cost) of existing and new machinery and processes
Knowledge transfer and people development
Drive R&D projects with external partners
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCIES
• Mechanical and hygienic engineering knowledge
• Food processing and food equipment knowledge
• Starch production equipment and processes knowledge
• Strong in project management
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methods
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, speaking)
• Professional proficiency in English is a must
• Proficiency in French and Portuguese is advantageous
• International Standards on Environmental, Quality Systems and Hygienic Engineering
• Ability to implement, to sustain and improve, and to ensure compliance with people safety and food safety regulations.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Problem solving
• Crisis management
• Strategic thinker
• Building partnerships
• Financial skill sets
Management for results and impact
Self-Starter and self-motivated
Highly motivated and results orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Technical and RD Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is the leading distributor of alcoholic beverages in the Gulf Region and we are recruiting a Wine Sales Executive for them.
Wine Sales Executive: Role Purpose
The purpose of this role is to actively support the company’s mission to be the leading alcoholic beverage distributor, and retailer in the UAE, through focus on the wine category and key brands within the company’s wine portfolio.
The role will add value to the business by bringing focus to selling and marketing activities for the Wine portfolio. The role will work closely with the Sales team to grow the Wine market share and grow revenue in in the On - Trade Channel in Dubai. The role will also work closely with the Wine Marketing team to build brand equity for these brands through appropriate trade marketing strategies. With the large number of sku’s and brands in the Wine Portfolio, a key challenge will be to create and implement the company’s sales strategies, that deliver target volumes, share and margins for the brands and to ensure that customer service standards – both to external trade customers as well as the Principal - are at the highest levels.
Dimensions of the Job (Turnover, span of control etc ……)
The financial dimensions of this role are as outlined in the annual business plan and based on the budgeted volumes, sales revenue and market share for the Wine category. This role will not have any direct people management responsibility but will work very closely with the On trade team to ensure that deliverables are achieved.
Deliverables of the role (Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities)
1. Create an annual Sales Plan for the agreed key brands within the wine portfolio for each business channel.
2. Develop and implement appropriate sales strategies for the brands for each individual account working in close coordination with the Sales team in order to achieve targeted profits, sales turnover and customer service levels.
3. Informing the account of all new product launches in a timely manner and work actively towards maximising product listings in the outlets.
4. Identify and research new customers together with the Wine Manager and the Sales team. Agreeing on sales and consumer activity plans for each new account.
5. Together with the Sales team for the respective account, work towards increasing knowledge of the wines in the trade by conducting staff training programs.
6. Take responsibility for ensuring that special orders for any wines are depleted as per the agreed terms and conditions.
7. Provide specialist knowledge on a continuous basis to the Sales force and ensure that his/her own professional knowledge is continuously updated.
8. Together with the Sales team , analyze the sales trends across Trade Accounts and develop appropriate strategies and plans to maximize sales by addressing opportunities and issues on a timely basis.
Implementation of Marketing Plans
9. Liaise with the Wine Marketing Manager and provide input into developing appropriate marketing strategies for various market segments.
10. Conduct “wine tasting” events and other related wine promotional events in order to promote the company’s range of wines in the market.
11. In co - ordination with the Wine Marketing Manager, implement the On - trade marketing plans as per the agreed marketing and brand growth plans and the agreed promotional calendar.
12. Analyze wine sales on a regular basis, prepare and present action plans to the Sales team.
13. Act as the liaison point for the logistics team regarding s tock issues and other logistics related issues which may arise.
14. Represent the company at on - trade and sponsored events.
15. Ensure all sales is done as per the laws of the land and as per established guidelines.
16. Completely understand, respect and function within the team he/ she operate, so that complete alignment with the organizational goals is achieved.
17. Provide training on a continuous basis to the sales force ( On Trade and Retail) and ensure that his/her own professional knowledge is continuously updated.
18. Provide specialist support to the retail business (Staff and Customers) as and when needed.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess a majority of the attributes described below:
Skills required for the position
§ Ability to build relationships, particularly with people in the trade.
§ Ability to excel in service focused culture
§ Communicating and influencing skills.
§ Decision - making skills.
§ Excellent verbal and written skills.
§ Planning and Organising skills
§ Problem Solving and Analytical Skills.
§ Strong achievement orientation together with a passion for the business . Desire and ability to achieve business results is critical.
§ Commercial awareness with good numeric ability
§ Persuasive communication skills, written and spoken
§ Team player
• Wine enthusiast with some specialist knowledge, preferably with the WSET basic course
• Good track record with 3 - 5 years of operational sales experience in wine sales
• Experience in sales training and/or giving group presentations
• Ability to become a confident brand and sales ambassador
• Good PC skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Abu Dhabi/ Dubai
Are you interested in becoming a Wine Sales Executive in UAE? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a growing and independent dairy processing company in Ethiopia. It is a strong niche player with growth ambitions to extend production capacity, product range and more.
• Day-to-day responsible at factory for:
o Production and operations (planning, forecasting, output)
o Maintenance and report
o Product quality, food safety, HSSE
• Project management and implementation of factory-related investment plan:
o Expanding and upgrading facilities (building and equipment)
o Expanding food safety
o Expanding supply chain (especially sourcing of raw milk)
• Balancing management of daily operations, implementation of investment plan and development of employees
• Analyse, improving and implementation of more efficient processes, with focus on (food) safety, quality and efficiency
• Plant Manager reports to (expat) General Manager
• Dairy processing experience is a must
• Bsc (or Msc) in technology, food science or other relevant field of education
• Proven experience and preference in developing countries, preferably Africa.
• Managerial experience, preferably in food processing industry e.g. as production manager, operations manager, supply chain manager, team leader
• Strong leadership skills (role model) with open, positive and motivating/coaching attitude
• “Right-hand” for General Manager
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
• Structured, high-demanding, eye for detail and control, result-oriented, fact-based
• Stable personality and self-controlled
• Flexible, approachable, honest and trustworthy
Place of work
Ethiopia (Addis Ababa)
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Manager (Dairy) in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Regional Manager - East and Southern Africa (Consultant)
Our client is an NGO working with small holder models for cash crops around Africa.
The consultant (long term 3-5 yrs) will be responsible for overseeing, developing and representing the company in Southern and East Africa. He will contribute to a powerful recognition of the company amongst national and regional stakeholders and in the end a proper scale-up in the number of strategic partnerships, participating farmers and the volumes pulled through the supply chain.
This involves developing, implementing, improving and evaluating existing and new partnerships, creating a strategy for the companies presence in the region, resetting programme objectives with implementers, governments, funders, etc. who are of strategic relevance, and strengthen the companies presence within the region. The consultant will work closely with the Supply Team at head office to create a strategy for the coming years.
1. Lead on the implementation and development of the plans for each country in the region (South Africa, Mozambique, Madagascar, and also new countries) in collaboration with other departments of the company to enable delivery of global strategy and goals.
2. Further develop and strengthen the network of partners in the region and ensure representation of the company in appropriate forums.
3. Develop a regional strategic plan to support The companies global priorities. Strategy will cover demand and fundraising and national embedding.
4. Manage and oversee capacity building of partners, to make sure all parties have the capabilities and capacity to deliver on objectives for the programme.
5. Collaborate and support with the assurance team for the execution of the assurance program.
6. Making sure appropriate escalation of important risks to credibility of the operations in the different countries.
7. Working together with the fundraising team to create marketing and funding opportunities for the company. Support fundraising activities in the regions.
8. Contribute to developing of the global programme team by sharing knowledge and building the reputation of the company as a leading organisation in both the sustainable agriculture and textile sectors and creating ideas to improve ways of working.
9. Ensure the integrity of the company in the region through quality recruitment, management, induction, and coaching of regional partners, incl. overseeing farm monitoring and supporting licensing processes, communicating texts of best practice, collecting impact data and results, and providing training and referrals.
10. Closely work with the Regional Manager of West Africa and line manage the staff in the country.
11. Monitor the selection and training of participating gins and other manufactorers and suppliers on the use of the companies traceability systems.
12. Sharing knowledge and stories from the country programs to transfer skills to other African country partners and around the globe.
13. Contribute to video messages, written materials, and other front-line communication messages in order to build the company into a well-known and respected standard in Africa and around the world.
14. Represent the company in the region and around the world to make sure that it maintains a solid reputation and a credible status across the cotton sector.
15. Overseeing of project costs. Be the focal point for the innovation and growth fund application process for Southern and East Africa.
16. Monitoring budget expenditure, associated reporting, to make sure of efficient and effective use of financial resources within the country.
Furthermore the Regional Manager is expected to work together on activities as agreed with a representative of the company.
- The consultant appointed to this role will report to the Head of Partnerships.
- Salary: depending on experience.
- The consultancy role is estimated to require approximately 40 hours per week, and will be home-based or in a co-working space in a country of operation. The consultancy contract will be for an initial twelve-month fixed term, with extension possible. This contract is a local contract and our client is not able to cover any relocation or expatriation expenses.
- The consultant is expected to attend special meetings and events, some of which may occur in the evenings or weekends. Frequent travel within the region will be required (>30%).
To be successful, candidates for the Regional Manager role will have the following attributes:
- At least 7 years’ working experience in programme and project design and management
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar role in an African country
- Track record of effective and successful partnership development and management, including process management and monitoring of performance
- Proven work experience in the agricultural sector and value chains in East and Southern Africa, cash crops
- Proven results in managing fundraising activities and a wide network of partners
- Demonstrated results in conducting negotiation with high level partners and governments
- Experience of working in both international organizations /NGOs and private sector
- Experience in cotton production and textile sector
Skills & knowledge
- Master degree in relevant field (Agronomy, BA, international relations…) or more
- Strong attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strategic influencing and excellent interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation skills, with service-oriented attitude and diplomacy
- Fluency in English with excellent written skills, Portuguese and French highly desirable
- Advanced computer and IT skills, including excellent command of Excel and PPT, and management of project database
- Flexibility, initiative, ability to work autonomously in a remote environment
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Manager in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client we are recruiting an ambitious Deputy Managing Director for their food production operation in Suriname. The new Deputy Managing Director must have a passion to produce healthy food and impact our environment in a positive way.
Job type: permanent, full-time, with trial period
Salary: competitive, including bonus
Location: Paramaribo, Suriname
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Deputy Managing Director will be reporting to the Managing Director and he will manage the operations. He will improve profitability, build an effective and efficient organization, deliver commercial objectives and lead the finance and operations teams, all with the aim to execute and develop the business strategy. Specific areas of responsibility include:
Assuming accountability for the company operations, with a focus on the following points
• Delivering best agricultural practices, efficient post-harvest and optimal quality control
• Marketing of the products and directing optiomal sales
• Ensuring the proper financial, technological and human resources are in place for the continued success and growth of the business
• Aggressive cost and revenue optimization, in compliance with the policies and spending thresholds
• Overseeing the finance functions with cash management, budget planning, and addressing the financing needs of the company through organic funding
• Reporting of performance on a monthly basis
• Cash generating position on an annual basis
Building and maintaining an effective management team
• Communicating strategy, values and mission
• Assigning responsibilities and key roles, relocating and dismissing unnecessary people as needed
• Hiring, developing and promoting talents, while developing consistent training for teams
• Developing an open and communicative climate
• Ensuring a proper succession plan is in place at any time for senior functions in the company
• Setting targets, evaluating performance and appropriate rewarding of team members
Developing strategic plans, according to objectives set by the company
• 5-year forecast operating and financial model, with key focus on cash returned to the company and delivery of regenerative objectives
• Organically funded growth strategy, including new products, markets and land
• Key strategic analyses on product mix, productivity and go-to-market strategy
• Education of the team to operate under the financial constraints and objectives set by the company
• Ensure company policies, risk mitigation actions, compliance with health and safety requirements are communicated and followed at all times
• Addressing the financing needs of the group, through organic funding
The Deputy Managing Director will report to the Managing Director.
Skills, Qualifications & Attitude
We are looking for a strategic leader and team player, confident and happy to work hard to accomplish a purposeful goal. The following skills are the most important:
§ At least 10 years of relevant experience in a similar position within a primary production enterprise
§ Solid managerial skills, ability to manage an extensive team including white- and blue-collar employees
§ Entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude. Boots in the field
§ Ability to successfully manage contingencies, crises, tight cash situations, and execute change management plans
§ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
§ Good understanding of the wider agribusiness/ food & drink/ retail sectors
§ Business education with good command of finance
§ Open mindset with keen interest in innovation
§ Good knowledge of English, Dutch is a plus
§ Interest in themes such as sustainability, resource efficiency, regenerative or circular business models
§ Willingness to live in remote locations
§ Ambition to meaningfully grow the business
Are you interested in becoming a Deputy Managing Director in Suriname? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, a leading agricultural company, is seeking an astute, target‐driven, innovative General Manager. The General Manager should have a track record of strong integrity and should be willing to embrace and lead change in a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment. The business model is a farmer friendly business model working with smallholder farmers across the country.
As the General Manager, you will lead the team of Regional Managers in all commercial activities, which includes driving the sales of agro inputs and other products and services ensuring all certification and sustainable farmer development programmes are executed effectively. This role has profit centre responsibility and the concerned individual is responsible for all risks covering the business.
• Provide overall leadership and management, business strategy, procurement and risk planning, stakeholder management as well as hold responsibility for the achievement of overall business results. This also includes the achievement of the Profit & Loss of the business in line with approved budgets.
• Actively work with the Country Management to lead the strategic change in the business, provide continuous and real time feedback of the progress of the implementation of the strategy and advice necessary changes based on practical challenges.
• The General Manager shall be responsible for ensuring the business meets its financial and non-financial targets in addition to satisfying all stakeholders of the business.
• Provide weekly and/or monthly business reporting on operational performance as well as profitability, in line with reporting formats.
• Develop and execute the overall market strategy which includes:
- Tracking competitor activity and recommend and adjust the marketing strategy to be ahead of the competition.
- Developing sales and marketing strategies to achieve successful commercialization of products and services.
- Driving business innovation and implementing new technology.
• Ensure traceability processes and oversee certification requirements of clients in the business.
• Lead the resource planning, recruitment, performance management and development of a large team of Regional Managers in conjunction with HR.
• Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Agribusiness or other business related field. Desirable: MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
• At least 10 years’ commercial and management experience, including a minimum of five years at middle/senior management level.
• Knowledge and experience of Agric commodity, rural sector, farming communities, agribusiness products and distribution channels are an advantage.
• Proven track record of developing and leading high performing marketing/sales teams at regional or national level, ideally with a multi-national or Blue Chip company.
• Must be able to work effectively with others, develop and nurture a team and promote collaboration within and across multiple locations.
• Must have analytical, conceptual, strategic and planning abilities as well as target driven, performance and bottom-line orientation.
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• High levels of Integrity
• Impeccable prioritization and organizational skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and people management skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Outstanding communication skills both written and oral
• Strong diplomacy skills
• Attention to detail
• Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is a must
Core Value & Demands of the job
• Ability to obtain the right information and make brief recommendations for any changes you consider necessary to carry out your tasks in the most effective way.
• Ability to have diplomatic skills to manage the external environment and other stakeholders in order to enhance the reputation of the company.
• Ability to actively set a vision for the business, gaining alignment and maintaining morale and team spirit
• Ability to drive business results and display entrepreneurship at the local level
• Ability to implement effective customer management across all channels
• Ability to cope with fast pace, ever changing environment
• Robust, adaptable and being able to work around the clock
• Ability to travel extensively across the regions
• Ability to develop a strong network and leverage on personal network
• Must have the self-awareness, integrity and coaching skills to model the values of the company
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, one of the leading players in the world cocoa bean trading market, we are looking for a Cocoa Trader creating profit contribution mainly via trading physical cocoa and working on global cocoa markets to establish, maintain and develop relationships with customers and suppliers. The focus will be on procurement West Africa.
The Cocoa Trader identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals. Builds and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions in the cocoa market. The person reports to the Head Trader
1. Buying, marketing and selling
2. Relationship management
3. Contract execution
4. Using futures, options & FX for hedging
5. Risk Management
6. Market research
8. Management support
1. Buying, marketing and selling:
• Buying and selling of physical cocoa to maximize company revenue.
• Daily contact with regional and/or local representatives in origin about market developments.
• Communication with regional and/or local representatives about execution of sourcing strategy.
• Daily contact with clients and suppliers.
• Using and performing market analysis to implement appropriate buying and selling strategies.
2. Relationship management
- Maintaining and developing commercial relationships with suppliers and buyers.
3. Contract execution
- Responsible for sound execution of sale and purchase contracts related to the assigned origins.
- Solid communication with and provide support for back-office and logistics team.
- Close liaison with origin teams.
4. Futures & FX trading for hedging and proprietary book
- Assist Head Trader and/or Trader responsible for hedging and proprietary book in developing and maximizing the company’s trading strategy within the guidelines of the risk management policy.
- Being able to replace in absence of the Head Trader and/or Trader responsible for hedging and proprietary book in trading futures, options and foreign exchanges for hedging purposes and proprietary trading.
5. Risk management
- Ensure full insight and taking full ownership in the portfolio of physical book in terms of positions allocation, value at risk and risk controls with full understanding on all related risks, such as counterparty, origin and market risks.
- Develop and advise (potential) customers and suppliers on risk management policies and tools.
6. Market research
- Conduct research and analyse data in supply and demand factors of cocoa, related markets and of macro-economic fundamentals.
- Prepare analytical commodity market reviews for rest of trading team and clients.
- Work jointly with the CR Officer in the implementation of sustainability projects/strategy in the assigned origins and with clients.
8. Management and team support
- Supporting the management in the implementation of the business strategies via daily execution of sales and account management as well as sourcing strategies and risk management.
- Work closely with origin reps and teams to ensure market share growth in the cocoa market.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (Mathematics, Econometrics). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
• 3+ years of experience in preferably procurement of cocoa or other soft/agricultural commodities trading.
• Proven sourcing experience.
• Sound knowledge on cocoa or other soft/agricultural markets.
• Good understanding of risk management in physical soft/agricultural commodities trading.
• Fluent in French and English, both verbal and written.
• Team player with strong commercial acumen.
• Good analytical and numerical skills with attention to detail.
• Keen sense of priorities to meet short deadlines.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, especially Excel.
• Entrepreneurial, dynamic and looking for trading opportunities.
• Continuous drive to understand and beat the market.
• Well organized, accurate.
• Effective and convincing communicator and negotiator.
• Committed and determined. Pro-active, focussed and decisive, a winner!
Travel: Position requires international travelling
Package: To be defined
Starting date: from Mid April on
Are you interested in becoming a Cocoa Trader West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.