JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is a European cocoa trading company which does business in Asia, Latin America and West Africa.
Sustainability is an important value of the company.
Our client is looking for a regional project manager in West Africa to manage projects, mainly in Ivory Coast. Together with the companies' local sustainability team in Côte d'Ivoire and program partners they need you to increase impact in their supply chains, set-up and supervise programs, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure. You will be the connector of their middlemen, exporters, farmer communities, NGO’s, public and private parties, and research institutes. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Follow-up on program design and execution in Côte d'Ivoire, but with regular travels to Ghana, Nigeria, and Cameroon.
- Up-scale and execute program activities that were initiated together with supply chain partners.
- Support fundraising for (new) programs.
- Maintain relationships with our clients, exporters and farmer groups.
- Identify co-investors and new local partners for program up-scaling.
- Support the companies' M&E structure, existing of open source software (QGIS, R).
You will be working in our clients' dynamic sustainability team in Côte d'Ivoire. You will strengthen relationships with partners and local suppliers in the mentioned countries in close collaboration with the sustainability field teams in our headquarters in Europe and the other origins.
We are looking for
- At least two years of experience in the international development sector.
- An academic degree in agriculture, international development studies, or other related fields.
- A confident and strong negotiator.
- Fluent in French and English.
- We are looking for a self-starter.
- Excellent presentation, communication and networking skills.
- Bush proof.
- An ambitious and motivated worker that likes to work in a start-up environment with minimum facilities and resources.
- Prepared to work in West Africa for a minimum of 3 years.
40 hours per week.
Based in Abidjan, Ivory Coast with regular travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an NGO that runs a large scale sustainability programme involving farmers, the private sector, civil society in building a mainstream commodity.
The overall objective of this role is to start up the East and Southern Africa Regional Office in line with the existing strategy and to support system change in farming in the region – making the cash crops better for the people who produce it, the environment it grows in and the sector’s future. The East and Southern Africa Regional Office will work closely with the headquarters office Implementation Team in the coordination and delivery of Country Plans that support the company's Strategy.
At the end of the project, the consultant will have delivered:
1. The establishment of a functioning, regional presence within budget
2. Improved capacity of implementing and strategic partners in the region
3. An assessment of the viability and reliability of existing and potential strategic partners
4. Processes and team fit for purpose to support ongoing work with global team
5. Strengthened the company’s presence in the region with cohesive, implementable workplans and workstreams
6. Advocacy for national embedding in at least two key countries yielding national-level in-kind and or budgetary support to local farmers accessing the Company.
Overall tasks and functions
This is a global project based in the designated region. The consultant will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Director of Implementation, and in collaboration with the global programme and country teams.
The consultant shall perform the following tasks:
• Based on the company's regional implementation strategy, work closely with implementation and strategic partners to ensure they are equipped to deliver high quality farmer capacity building programmes.
• Support and collaborate with the company's Standard and Assurance team on the execution of the Assurance Programme including:
• Training partners on the Assurance Programme and related data collection and following up on its submission according to Assurance Programme deadlines
• Planning and conducting field assessment visits throughout the season and following-up on improvement activities. Accountable for timely communication between implementation partner and Chain of Custody throughout the farming season
• Lead on the development and implementation of Country Plans for the region (Mozambique, South Africa, Madagascar, and eventual new countries) in collaboration with the Assurance Program Managers and Secretariat to enable delivery of the global strategy and goals
• Overseeing existing partnership agreements with implementation partners including monitoring of assigned budget and support on funding opportunities.
• Assist Implementation partners and regional stakeholders on external communications about the company
• Collaborate with the Demand and Fundraising team in creating marketing and funding opportunities for the company (e.g. local value addition projects within the region). Support regional fundraising activities both for Secretariat and regional office: provide recommendations of funders, support proposals developments
• Identify risks and opportunities related to the in-country programmes and ensure appropriate escalation to the Secretariat
• Participate in, and contribute to, the ongoing development of the Africa Strategy, and implementation, as part of the company's Africa Working Group.
The following methodology is proposed to ensure the success of the assignment:
• The consultant will have a joint briefing/inception meeting with Director of Implementation, and relevant company staff. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss and clarify expectations on the expected outcome and deliverables of the assignment.
• The consultant will prepare a work plan at the beginning of the assignment, with clear timelines and milestones.
• Literature review, field visits, and conversations with staff, Implementing Partners, and relevant members and stakeholders.
• The consultants will regularly, ideally bi-weekly, brief the project supervisor on the development of the project, including progress and challenges.
• At the end of the assignment, there will be a debriefing meeting with the project supervisor to discuss the outcome of the assignment and the way forward.
This position is based in a regional hub and the consultant will be expected to travel to country programs and company headquarters as needed.
The consultant will build regional operations from an existing small team of the existing regional coordinator for Southern Africa and Programme Officer and working closely with the strategic partners for the region.
Advanced University Degree (minimum Master’s Degree in sustainability, agriculture, international development or another related field).
• 10+ years of relevant experience in East and Southern Africa
• Experience in managing and developing teams
• Demonstrated experience in planning, design, preparation, and delivery of capacity building programmes
• Knowledge and/or experience with smallholder agriculture; knowledge of cash crop production or global commodity supply chains.
• Experience with voluntary sustainability standards a plus.
Skills and Attributes:
• Results oriented
• Effective communicator
• Excellent proven written and spoken English
• Swahili/Portuguese/other regionally relevant language skills desirable
• Strong oral and written communication English skills
• Must be able to travel at least one week per month equivalent. The length and locations will be determined based on available budget, identified priority areas, and capacity to support the visit by country teams.
Duration and remuneration
The duration of the assignment will be for 6-8 months
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Programme Start-up Consultant? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client grows fruit around the globe. For their operations in Costa Rica we are looking for a dynamic Operations Director to head their pineapple operations.
Job type: permanent, full-time, with trial period
Location: Costa Rica
Production: About 480 ha of Pineapple in 2 farms
Roles & Responsibilities:
In this challenging role, the Operations Director will be responsible for the overall operations
Specific areas of responsibility include:
Achieving above standard agricultural practices
Driving the best agricultural practices on the field, from land preparation through planting, inputs usage, crop monitoring and harvesting
Focusing on sustainably increasing yields
Cost optimization, in compliance with the spending thresholds and policies set by the Group
Benchmarking practices with top-industry standards
Developing regenerative agricultural practices and a spirit of innovative thinking in operations with resources at hand
Capability and interest to further develop the current production pattern
Ensuring optimal post-harvest flows
Operating efficient and cost-effective post-harvest flow, with optimal pack-house management and effective quality control
Maintaining an effective and committed team at all levels
Diffusing an attitude of continuous improvement, with an open and communicative climate
Assigning key roles and responsibilities, dealing with underperforming people, and developing talent
Shaping the team to operate under tight financial constraints and deliver objectives set by the Group
The Operations Director will report to the Managing Director.
Skills, Qualifications & Attitude
A team player, confident and happy to work hard to accomplish a purposeful goal. The following skills are the most
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a farm management position
Agronomist or Agricultural Engineering Degree
Proven leadership skills with communicative drive
Ability to successfully manage tight cash situations, and handle contingencies
Entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude; boots in the field
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Business knowledge with command of finance
Open mindset with keen interest in innovation
Good knowledge of Spanish and English
Interest in themes such as sustainability, resource efficiency, regenerative or circular business models
Willingness to live in remote location
Ambition to meaningfully grow the business
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Director in Costa Rica?
Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Location: Accra based, with frequent travels to North, South, West and Central Ghana
Area: FMCG/ Aquaculture/ Fresh produce
Size: +/-700 employees in total
For our client in the fish mongering industry, we are seeking a highly innovative Strategic Sales Manager. This person will help the company to develop and implement their growth strategy for the next few years.
The Sales Manager will help to meet the customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping the company competitive and innovative. This person will be responsible for maximizing internal and regional sales team potential, crafting sales strategies and plans in line with the overall corporate strategy and justifying these to the management team.
• Being in charge of the five (5) regional sales depots in the country and making sure that they meet company’s base quality standards and are equipped and resourced to meet monthly sales targets.
• Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
• Responsible for product development and diversification and brand awareness
• Development, implementation and execution of the growth strategy in existing- and new markets.
• Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
• Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to Finance as well as the management team
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
• Working hand-in-hand with the Marketing Manager, Quality Assurance Manager and the Production Manager.
• BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
• Successful previous experience in a strategic sales role, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
• Experience in the fast moving goods or agri/aquaculture/food sector and strong business sense and industry expertise
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close (growth strategy)
• Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
• Excellent excel, word and PowerPoint skills
• Highly innovative
• High level analytical thinking and maths
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Sales Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Production Manager is the one having the final responsibility for an effective production and managing and overseeing the whole process and day-to-day operations. He/she is responsible for planning, organizing and regulating the production and maintenance operation, to guarantee effective return on capital and to minimize the costs.
This role is only open for national jobseekers.
Duties and responsibilities:
During the start-up phase being part of the installation process and when producing, being directly involved and responsible for leading production
Develop structure which enables the production and delivery of feed of consistently satisfactory quality and the requirements of health and safety and environmental legislation/policy to be met at minimum cost
Plan, organize day-to-day operations and increase production, based on customers’ needs
Leading and supervising all team- and shift leaders, production team and operators and being responsible for training/selection and performance of all team members
Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery to customers
Overall responsibility of the maintenance team, in close collaboration with the Head Mechanic. Responsible for developing and implementation of a preventive maintenance program to avoid failures and to keep equipment and systems running efficiently
Responsible for keeping the machinery/list up-to-date, including ID number and details of each part and developing a stock-list for all necessary spares
Work in close contact with Manager Operations & Sales: In order to continuously improve organization and process
Work in close collaboration with Head of Procurement and Supply. When any changes in supply or source of raw materials will occur, the production manager has to be informed in-time in order to undertake action.
Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets (KPI) to ensure effective return on assets to produce optimal results
Implement strategies and actions for the accomplishment of the production goals, policies and procedures
Packaging and Labeling: Responsible for the correct packaging and labeling of the feeds.
Maintain hygiene- and safety standards and the implementations of all procedures
Providing daily, weekly and monthly reports for production, costs, maintenance, waste, stock and orders
Preparing a daily production plan based on stock and orders.
Ensures the right feed is available according to the daily sales/dispatch planning
Expected to give continuous input for improvement of production process, technically as well as in organizational field.
Prior experience (+5 years) in supervising people and managing production operations, as well as operating machinery (preferably within a manufacturing environment).
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any related field
Intensive technical background and knowledge of production mechanics
has been working in a similar role in leading a food production line
Hands-on and proactive attitude that enables you to organise a full production process
Critical and analytic knowledge on how to optimize the process
Good problem solving skills
Having a good sense of commitment, leadership and social skills
Leading by example, motivating and supervising
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Managing towards output and quality
Maintain good discipline and high performance
Firm and determined, to easily take the right decisions and take leadership
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a Food processing company (potato crisps).
• Day-to-day responsible at factory through supervising teams (production, packaging, maintenance, quality, facility management).
• Coordination at factory (planning, forecasting, reporting, communication, management) and link to other departments (supply chain, finance, HR and sales).
• Develop professionalism and structure at factory through implementation and improvement of processes, clear management on KPI’s and budgets. Focus on training and development of local employees.
• Coordination and execution of projects, e.g. additional shifts, products, long-term plans.
• Day-to-day responsible for supply chain (planning, forecasting, logistics, inventory management) within budgets and quality specs.
• Development of supply chain through planning and coordination, contract management, support and knowledge transfer to farmers through team of agronomists, develop smallholder programs and coordination of logistics.
• Coordination other inputs supply chain (edible oil, packaging foil, carton) both imported and local, with clear ambition to move towards local sourcing within budgets and quality specs.
• Plant / Supply Chain Manager rapports to (Dutch) General Manager.
• Bsc (or Msc) in technology, production management, food science or other relevant field of education.
• Proven experience and preference in developing countries, preferably Africa.
• Managerial experience, preferably in food processing industry e.g. as production manager, operations manager, supply chain manager, team leader
• Strong leadership skills (role model) with open, positive and motivating/coaching attitude
• “Right-hand” for General Manager
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
• Structured, high-demanding, eye for detail and control, result-oriented, fact-based
• Stable personality and self-controlled
• Flexible, approachable, honest and trustworthy
Place of work
Ethiopia (Addis Ababa). Frequent traveling to farmers.
Are you interested in becoming a Plant and Supply Chain Manager (Potato Crisps)? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Accountant is part of the finance department & is overall responsible for posting accounting transactions in SAGE, preparing payment vouchers , preparing reports or schedules for SAGE posting , filing of records , monitoring district funds & stocks.
• Posting of Sales & Miscellaneous Income
• Preparation and Posting of:
o Warehousing and Export Expenses
o Preparation of Handling Cost - Suppliers
o Preparation of Bad debts
o Posting of Deferred Expenses
o Posting of Interest Charges on Inter Company Loans
o Posting of Bank Transactions ( Charges on Account)
• OH EXPENSES
o Vetting Expenses Reports
o Posting of cheque payment transactions
o Posting of expense report transactions
o Posting of payroll transactions
o Posting of withholding tax transactions
o Posting of Cashew/Sesame/Gum Arabic/ WACC funding JVs
o Preparation of overhead analysis
o Posting of Forex transactions
o Posting of interest receivable
o Posting of Daily Expenditure
o Recording and Posting of Cash Payments
o Preparation & Posting of Depreciation
o Posting of Prepaid Monthly Overhead Expenses(Rents & Insurance)
• REPORT /SCHEDULES PREPARATION
o Preparation of Mgt Commentary & Ratios
o Cash Reconciliation
o Assist in Cognos Reporting
o Assist in preparation of management account
o Preparation of Withholding tax Schedule
o Preparation of Daily Expense Report
o Preparation of Cash Report (Cash Certificate )
o Preparation of Supplier and Debtor Reconciliation
• REPORTS /SCHEDULES REVIEW
o Vetting Expenses Reports
o Review of Ops Manager and Warehouse Keeper Report
o Review of Stocks Reports from districts
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIALIZED SKILLS /KNOWLEDGE:
• BSC –Accounting & ACCA or CA II
• 3 year relevant work experience
• Advanced analytical skills
• Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills
• Ability to work independently
• Good project-, time management skills and the ability to work towards tight deadlines
• Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think outside the box and have an innovative approach
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Accountant in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE AND GENERAL ROLE EXPECTATIONS
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to all the company's businesses and to lead all Capex projects from Concept to Implementation. For this role we are recruiting national (The Netherlands) jobseekers only.
The position will involve the following functions:
(1) Planning and execution of CAPEX projects throughout Africa
(2) Implementation of Maintenance plans and monitoring of Maintenance Execution for all company sites
(3) Functional leadership to the on-site Technical Teams
(4) Develop and implement new processes and products according to the needs of the company
The position will report to the Managing Director with dotted line to Corporate Senior Project Manager
The R&D Assistant and Technical Roll Out Manager report directly to this position. The Countries Technical managers will have a dotted line report to this role.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING
Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree with additional education in food processing
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in factory engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and process development
• Significant experience in building new food factories in Africa
• Experience in the development of new processes and process improvement
• Extensive knowledge of project management in research
• Experience in the Starch Industry
Dordrecht (Netherlands) with travelling across all sites as needed
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Planning and execution of CAPEX projects
Maintenance of all Facilities and Equipment
Product development, meeting customer requests in line with business need. (considering hurdle rates): Lead definition and implementation of projects
Improvements (quality, energy, water usage, environmental impact and cost) of existing and new machinery and processes
Knowledge transfer and people development
Drive R&D projects with external partners
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCIES
• Mechanical and hygienic engineering knowledge
• Food processing and food equipment knowledge
• Starch production equipment and processes knowledge
• Strong in project management
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methods
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, speaking)
• Professional proficiency in English is a must
• Proficiency in French and Portuguese is advantageous
• International Standards on Environmental, Quality Systems and Hygienic Engineering
• Ability to implement, to sustain and improve, and to ensure compliance with people safety and food safety regulations.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Problem solving
• Crisis management
• Strategic thinker
• Building partnerships
• Financial skill sets
Management for results and impact
Self-Starter and self-motivated
Highly motivated and results orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Technical and RD Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.