JOB SEARCH RESULT:
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of Financial Management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost
- Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with various government agencies’ reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- 5+ years of experience as a Controller, preferably in Africa.
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
Are you interested in this role? Please upload your full profile and motivation through the link "I'm Interested".
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the agronomy function for East Africa. Based in Kenya, the position will have regional responsibility for different companies in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and any other countries. The group initiates project activities in the region so as to optimize and develop synergies within the companies operations across all the territories it operates in within the region.
- The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (East Africa)
- The position will have accountability for the personnel within the Agronomy Sector
- The incumbent will work closely with the General Managers of the project companies, the Sector Heads across the region and the senior management team at Head Office
The Head of Agronomy will be responsible for a wide variety of agronomic and irrigation functions related to the daily performance of farming projects in the agribusiness section of the company. This incumbent will ensure that product development is aligned to the consumer needs and consequently the market needs. The Head of Agronomy is also responsible for technical and safety training, completion of all services, gross margins, and reporting progress. He is responsible for managing a portfolio of commercial agronomy accounts and maintaining them at a high level of operation. He will manage agronomy training for all team members.
- Responsible for the companies food sector companies in planning and implementation of all Agro activities. This will include development of budgets for existing projects and monitoring their implementation to ensure targets are met.
- Work with Operations Management team to develop a roadmap for building agronomic decision support tools.
- Integrate diverse data sets together to build statistical models to support grower’s biggest agricultural decisions, such as the right crop on the right field with the right inputs.
- Support food sector companies,’ project teams and management in preparation of management reports, board papers and other reports.
- Improve/develop the capacity of project staff/farmers’ associations to identify sustainable agro-based economic opportunities and understand and implement a demand-driven, commercialisation approach to rural development based on access to markets.
- Identify and assist in coordinating relevant workshops in agricultural marketing issues for project staff and project beneficiaries
- Develop or facilitate training modules for project staff related to the key decision making tools for market analysis and program intervention design, including:
1. Value chain analysis
2. Participatory needs assessment
3. Participatory action planning
4. Sub-sector analysis
- Provide technical capacity to programme beneficiaries to improve their understanding of business-related concepts in seeds companies development such as: factors of production; costs of production; quality control/market standards; opportunity cost; gross margin and profit analysis; return on investment; credit/budgeting; and risk
- Ensure availability of training materials, guide and manuals
- Provide support and guidance to the Unit Managers to develop, review, oversee and review project strategy and activities related to the implementation of the project according to the project proposal
- Assist the Unit managers to develop appropriate criteria and a suitable delivery mechanism for the facilitation of adequate investment and training in farm and nonfarm enterprises
- Provide technical assistance for the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy
- Maintain working relations with relevant government line ministries and private sector/research institutions to coordinate the adoption of new products and/or approaches in agriculture development and marketing
- Minimum qualification of a university degree in agriculture and related disciplines. A Master’s degree in agricultural economics, marketing or business administration, or related field will be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience at senior management in agriculture/ agro-business development, preferably in farm planning and economic analysis.
- Familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning
- Experience with community-based programming
- Experience in small to medium scale agro-enterprise management
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners, counterparts and colleagues
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Ability to operate efficiently in a changing context.
Our client is one of Kenya’s largest vegetable processors which is fully integrated from raw material to finished product, working with several thousands of small scale farmers, exporting premium, niche horticultural products destined for international markets. They produce all year round, conforms to internationally recognized food and safety standards; assuring customers of quality, traceability, reliability and service.
They are looking for the position mentioned below to be based in Nairobi, Kenya and working in the different international markets.
Senior Sales and Marketing Manager:
Under the overall supervision of the General Manager, the Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for growing the sales of the company by increasing our market share in our product segments; identifying new market opportunities in international markets and servicing existing customers. S/He will accomplish business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and implementing sales plans.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulating and implementing sales and marketing strategies and activities to achieve market share, volume, value and profitable sales growth.
- Developing of short term and mid term business plans for the above.
- Developing new customers, products and markets.
- Ensure the turnover and the net margins are met as per the business plan.
- Developing budgets to exploit business opportunities.
- Conducting new product feasibility, test marketing and launches.
- Implementing appropriate pricing policy taking into account production load, market conditions and budget targets.
- Analyzing business/market trends, product line development, changes in future demand, competition, contacts and follow up of major clients.
- Undertaking market intelligence.
- Strengthening existing business relationships and securing long term contracts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing from a recognized university.
- Minimum 10 years experience sales and marketing in an FMCG environment .
- Strong communication skills and reasonable level of numeracy.
- Outgoing, patient, persistent and independence personality.
- Proactive and results oriented.
- Commercial awareness and strong customer care skills
- A knack for product development and creative services
If you want to be part of a dynamic organization that embraces an entrepreneurial culture, can-do attitude and collaborative spirit, we encourage you to apply for the position of Senior Sales and Marketing Manager through th elink "I'm intersted".
Kauli is a people and product centred business, based on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Moshi, Tanzania, that designs, manufactures and distributes unique and high quality accessory products using materials sourced from within the African continent. We are equally committed to the professional success and personal satisfaction of our staff and to the practice of fabricating products that creatively celebrate the character of the continent. The company was founded in 2013 and formalized in 2014 - a two-year period wherein product development (design, procurement and production) was the primary focus of Kauli operations. The positive reception to our aesthetic and increasing popularity of our product selection has opened new growth opportunities. We are now seeking to appoint a Managing Director to direct and control the holistic operations of the company (with certain exceptions, reserved for the Creative Director of Kauli) and to give strategic guidance to the Board of Kauli and likewise effectively execute any decisions made by the Board. Kauli remains a small organization, and the Managing Director is expected to be both hands-on and strategic at the same time. For the right person, this might be a fantastic experience to shape a promising brand in the emerging ethical African fashion industry.
- To direct and manage the executive, operational and financial work and the resources of Kauli in order to ensure that the company achieves its mission and objectives as determined by the Board of Kauli.
- To prepare an annual business plan to present to the Board of Kauli for approval and to monitor progress against these plans in order to ensure that Kauli attains its objectives economically, efficiently and ethically.
- To provide strategic guidance to the Chairperson and the members of the Board of Kauli, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- To establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- To develop and maintain research and development programs in coordination with the Creative Director (as a method of securing the Kauli aesthetic) in order to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services, retains its competitive edge and remains committed to its social purpose of supporting the staff of the company.
Desired skills and experience
· At least three years of experience in general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry (i.e., fashion, design, procurement, production, marketing and/or sales)
- Graduate level of education, preferably with a higher degree in a management discipline or a commensurate professional qualification.
- A wide knowledge of the fashion industry and preferably African art forms and social business structures.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- A very high level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An adaptive personality that can work collaboratively with the Board of Kauli, the Creative Director and any other public or private institutions involved with the business of Kauli.
- Excellent English reading and writing proficiency and knowledge of or willingness to learn the Swahili language.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Excel and preferably experience using software within the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with international trade logistics (e.g., the African Growth & Opportunities Act from the USA)
Salary & Benefits
The gross annual salary for this position ranges from TZS 40,000,000 - 50,000,000, depending on the qualifications of the selected applicant. ?e position includes the cost of work permits, top-tier East African health insurance coverage through AAR Insurance, an annual “return home” flight voucher and 25 days paid leave.
25 years ago our client started its business from Dar es Salaam. They produce, sell and deliver paints all over Tanzania. In order to increase their cleint database of 500+, increase revenue and realise their expanding over other East African countries they are now looking for a new CEO.
The CEO will be reporting directly to the board and has appr. 24 direct reports, 300 indirect.
The position is part of the aspiration to become high performing in product offering, productivity, lean and profitable organization to become best in its class of assets, people, processes, system and Brand to fulfill the mission & vision of the company.
About the position:
This position exists for a talented individual with excellent commercial & technical experience to lead as Chief Executive officer of the company, it entails to liaise with the Chairman and Board of Directors to set and agree the direction for growth and provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team to drive the profitablity and sustained growth.
The CEO will also be ensuring the effective implementation of the company’s business strategies and growth plans as well as overseeing the execution of the strategy with the following in tandem:
- Strategy formulation and implementation.
- Leadership in coating industry & segment around East and Central Africa.
- Must be a visionary and lead by the example.
- Should be customer-oriented profile.
- Must believe in transparency and accountability.
Below are few details, which can assist for in depth understanding:
- Advises the Board on the prudent plan.
- Advocates / promotes organization and stakeholder change related to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Supports motivation of employees in organization products/programs and operations.
- Visionary & Information Bearer:
- Ensures staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information.
- Looks to the future for change opportunities.
- Interfaces between Board and employees.
- Interfaces between organization and community.
- Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the Board.
- Decides or guides courses of action in operations by staff.
- Oversees operations of organization.
- Implements plan.
- Manages human resources of organization.
- Manages financial and physical resources.
- Sales & Marketing:
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of products.
- Ensure best within the industry in terms of product positioning and spread across the country and neighboring regions.
- Be a market leader in whatever the offering the company provides.
Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management:
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
Human Resource Management:
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Must lead by the example by harmonizing culture that should build the organization to be preferred and respected within the footprints where it spreads across the geographical reach.
- 10-12 years working experience in senior management
- Experience in a similair non food FMCG GM / CEO role
- Experience within system orientated companies
- Experience working in the European market
- Africa experience NOT a must
Our client is a large FMCG company organising the full process of mainly vegetables (grass to glass), they are looking for a Business Development Officer to join their team.
Under the supervision and guidance of the General Manager, the Business Development Officer will be responsible for developing agreed business projects in line with Company strategy, policies and controls agreed with General Manager while providing support to the business performance and coordinating implementation of management resolutions.
- Have supervisory responsibility of clerical staff in the business development section.
- Expected to work closely with the Chief Accountant.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, resource and execute key re-engineering projects and prepare reports on these.
- Conduct a detailed financial analysis including budgets of agreed projects and agree these with General Manager.
- Leverage the Company to take advantage of products and delivery channels provided.
- Actively monitor business progress and in liaison with Operations and Marketing Managers and identify market opportunities or gaps.
- Substantially contribute to the growth strategy of the company by increasing production capacity and improving performance.
- Assess the business process and value chain with a view to recommending business re-engineering process that will improve operational efficiency.
- Monitor customer dissatisfactions and develop and follow through resolution.
- A Bachelors Degree in Food Science or any Engineering discipline. A Masters Degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience of which 2 years should have been served in a similar position in food industry.
- Hands on person willing to try out projects in the factory.
- Good numeric analytical skills.
- Knowledge in Financial and Marketing Management.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge in project management and organizational development.
- Good leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to inspire teams.
- Proficiency in information technology.
Are you interested? Upload your profile and motivation in English through the link "I'm Interested".
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking
products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has
revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a
high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. In the last 18
months, Kenyan consumers have spent over US$1.8 million to purchase 80,000
‘jikokoasTM’. These stoves have helped consumers save 272,000 tons of wood and
over $8 million in reduced fuel costs.
We currently sell 8,000 stoves per month un-subsidized and are expanding across the
region. Our goal is to double monthly sales by the end of the 2015. We are looking
for an extraordinary individual who can ensure that we reach that target.
1. Grow sales to 20,000 stoves per month across East Africa.
2. Lead the expansion of sales to Uganda and Tanzania.
3. Manage existing distributer relationships / customer accounts.
4. Develop new sales channels.
5. Assist in forecasting.
6. Manage Sales Team of 35 people - 5 senior reps, 30 activators and 2
merchandisers. Recruit, hire and fire as needed.
7. Produce monthly reports to management team highlighting trends, marketing
effectiveness, and opportunities for growth.
8. Consult with CEO and management team on overall sales strategy.
9. Consult with marketing team on strategy and execution.
10. Advise design team with respect to new product development.
1. Consumer product sales experience
2. East African sales experience
3. Management experience
1. Strong oral and written communication skills
2. High level of comfort working with clients
3. Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
The ideal candidate will have a background in sales and management and a
familiarity with East Africa. Experience with improved cook stoves is preferred, but not
The candidate hired will be responsible for selling 10,000 stoves / month across
Kenya, ramping to 20,000 stoves / month across East Africa by the end of 2016.
Reports to: CEO
Start Date: Sept - Oct, 2015
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: Commensurate with experience