JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client, who is a large FMCG company with USD 50 mln. turnover a year with a clear plan to double turnover within 12 months, is looking for two entrepreneurial Financial Controllers. The Company is backed by an international private equity firm and the ideal candidate reports to the CEO/CFO as well as to the investors.
• Oversees, help train and improve current finance team (15-20 pax)
• Helping the company scale up and double turnover
• Implement and maintain ERP system
• Meet monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting deadlines and investor requests
• Create company culture, create awareness of importance of cost management
The person we are looking for:
• Has a strong financial controller background
• Can lead a team, has a strong personality
• Is entrepreneurial and gets his / her hands dirty
• Has experience with consumer facing products
• Preferably has experience with investors
• Can be an Ethiopian or international candidate with preferably work experience in Africa
What is on offer:
• USD 60 – 75k CTC a year
• Performance based bonus
• Share option plan (
• Start date asap, location Addis Abeba
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are currently seeking for an experienced Country Sales Manager for a local brand in Ghana.
The company produces high quality natural products/cosmetics from the finest raw ingredients. Since their brand is having a high demand and they want to start looking at exporting to other countries, they are looking for a strong sales person.
He or she will be responsible for expanding the brand and its visibility, and will directly deal with wholesalers in the country and will also be responsible for increasing the number of wholesalers. In Ghana there is a huge potential for their organic products and its therefore a great opportunity.
We are recruiting three Sales Engineers for our client, which is a European supplier for factory and process automation products.
Job domain: Division Factory Automation
Reports to: Area Sales Manager FA - Sub-Saharan Africa
Obtaining/Maintaining the position of market leader within the FA area by selling FA products to predefined market segments.
Achieving the predetermined sales objective (with regard to products, product groups, turnover, gross margin, new customer acquisition, etc…) within the defined sales area.
Developing the sales area in order to reach the goals of the company and acquire a maximum client satisfaction regarding quality
KNOWLEDGE LEVEL, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCES
1. Education, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Bachelor, Master Electro mechanics or Electronics (specialisation measurement and control technology is an advantage), National Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge and experience, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Good knowledge of measurement and control technology, DCS architecture, digital communication
- Knowledge of legislation around explosion protection and environmental legislation
- Thorough knowledge of the FA market and its competition based on previous relevant work experience in a technical sales position
- Good knowledge of automation technology, PLC architecture, digital communication
- Good knowledge of FA products and their application
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Computer literate
3. Behavioural competences:
MM Version 201507
- Team player
- Active listener
- Proactive and anticipated minded
- Result driven
- Commercial minded based on technical knowledge
- Quality oriented
- Analytical and structured orientation
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, coordination and organisational skills
RESULT AREAS + TASKS
1. Commercial contacts
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, regarding the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Maintaining contact and transferring relevant information to the area responsible of the GPP team, who is responsible for the coordination of international projects
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, initially with regard to the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Giving technical support and advice to clients and prospects concerning the product range FA.
- Searching for and visiting new clients (customer acquisition).
- Offering solutions to clients for the company's products and their applications.
- Giving product presentations and product trainings to clients.
- Preparing and presenting quotations according to the internal guidelines with regard to price setting and conditions.
- Follow-up quotations.
- Introduction of new products in the given area.
- Participation to fairs
- Taking initiative in accordance with the policy
- Follow-up of evolutions in the market and with competitors on a non-stop base with regard to sales data, products and applications
- Regularly report market developments, sales expectations, market potential and results of market research
3. Tasks with regard to organisation
- Budget definition and responsibility for allocated Accounts
- Visit reporting in Siebel
- Self-tuition regarding (new) products
- Reporting and succession of opportunities in Siebel
Are you interested in becoming an External Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Position: Managing Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Travel: Approximately 50% international
Start Date: TBD
Established in 2011, the Global Shea Alliance (www.globalshea.com) is a non-profit industry association with 450 members from 33 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and civil society. Through public private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics.
The managing director leads a dynamic, multidisciplinary team to develop, scale, and execute the association’s agenda. The executive develops the association strategy through multi-stakeholder facilitation, manages implementation of all policies and projects, raises public and private funding to scale activities, oversees finances, and facilitates the governance structure.
- Facilitate sustainability and quality working groups to develop member guidelines, standards, implementation models, and best practices.
- Coordinate member and stakeholder feedback on association activities.
- Propose new projects and course corrections at the level of working groups, executive committee, and general assembly.
- Achieve industry consensus of any proposed policy or activity.
- Oversee the development of the GSA sustainability program and related guidelines, implementation criteria, work streams, technical manuals, and research initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality standards for shea kernels and butter.
- Launch global promotion working group to develop industry marketing activities.
- Recruit and manage a 10-person secretariat team based in Accra with specialties in sustainability, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, partnership development, communications, and finance.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for approval of executive committee and relevant donors.
- Ensure target completion of funded initiatives including warehouses, cooperative development, health and safety, environmental conservation, parkland management, and tree planting.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and best practice development for implemented activities.
- Manage relationships with key donors and private funding partners.
- Ensure compliance with donor contractual requirements.
- Oversee production and high-quality delivery of member and donor reports.
- Coordinate four international conferences and exhibitions in Africa, U.S., and EU to promote the industry and association activities.
- Oversee regular communication via website, newsletters, electronic mailings, and social media.
- Facilitate publication and dissemination of consumer and industry facing articles and videos.
- Oversee individual member advisory services and market linkage activities.
- Implement policy reforms to alleviate trade barriers related to food safety and identity regulations through legal interventions, multinational dialogue, and public private collaboration.
- Oversee implementation of industry research initiatives and publications.
- Represent association at high level industry and government forums.
- Lead recruitment of new private members ensuring broad based geographical and stakeholder representation, with a particular focus on membership expansion of large category end-users of shea based products.
- Develop partnerships with existing members to implement existing policies and projects.
- Develop partnerships with public and private donors to raise funding and implement association policies related to sustainability, quality, and promotion.
- Oversee production of technical and cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Negotiate and sign contracts with donors.
- Lead growth of internal funds generated related to service provision.
Governance and Financial Management
- Coordinate executive committee activities including bi-annual meetings and finance, membership, and policy subcommittees.
- Ensure member and donor approval of all relevant activities.
- Facilitate the annual general assembly, annual report production, and associating voting processes.
- Authorize daily expenditures and oversee procurement procedures.
- Oversee production of monthly bank reconciliations, cash book production, variance analysis, and executive committee financial reports.
- Oversee and approval all donor financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee annual financial audit and publication of financial statements.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-level leadership position with industry or civil society, preferably related to natural ingredient supply chains.
• Demonstrated ability to raise significant public and private funding for social and environmental initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with industry stakeholders including food and cosmetic brands, ingredient suppliers, women’s groups, and non-profit organizations while ensuring anti-trust compliance and confidentiality of propriety information.
• Proven project management experience to implement large complex initiatives with multiple donors and partners.
• Proficiency with industry, consumer facing, and non-profit related communications.
• Background in multi-stakeholder facilitation.
• Background in non-profit management.
• Experience with rural development and women’s empowerment in Africa.
• Fluent in English.
• Proficient in French.
The motivation should include a brief paragraph outlining specific accomplishments related to relevant qualifications.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
* Premium job
Our client is a large European distributor of food commodities that is expanding into the Ghanaian market. They are looking for an independent and self-motivated person to become their Regional Sales Manager in Ghana.
• Secure continuity and expansion of the company’s position on the Ghanaian market linked to the annual business and the companies long term plan for Africa and more specific Ghana.
• Acquire new customers -in close cooperation with the local distributors/agents- and grow our business with existing customers
• Scout opportunities with larger customers and (international) chains like hotels, restaurants, retail, convenience
• Launch new products -together with the distributor/agent- on the market, support and promote the products and brands and scout opportunities in the market for new concepts and products
• Build local networks
• Make optimal use of assigned marketing budgets for brand communication and visibility in the market
• Support our distributor’s/agents in the market regarding logistic affairs, managing information and communication to and from the head office in Europe
• Support the Area Manager Africa on a day to day base in the local market and report on a weekly basis e.g. results, opportunities.
• Competences: can convince and influence, relation/network manager, entrepreneurial, commercial and promotional skills
• Price and trade term negotiation is NOT the responsibility of the sales manager
• Activation, Initiation and out roll promotions
What we are looking for:
• Local employee - Ghana based
• International attitude - with respect for being able to work locally for a European company
• Should have experience in sales and business development, preferably for a larger company in food manufacturing
• Somebody that can work around and be accepted by the local distributors and agents
• Should have sales/promotion/market execution experience and a sales/customer network in the Ghanaian market.
• Should have experience with working with agents/distributors
• Next to local language(s) should be sufficient in English (both written and oral), French is a nice extra.
What is on offer:
• One-year contract, with possible extension
• Standalone job with loads of traveling
• Competitive package with sales related bonus
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international company in Food Production and for their operations in Kenya we are looking for an accountant.
Recently the company opened a new office in Kenya. Located in Nairobi they make sure their products will be available at all times for their customers. They are looking for an Administrative/accounting employee.
- Debt collecting
- Keeping track of outstanding payments
- Have contact with responsible account managers regarding the outstanding payments
- Manage all incoming and outgoing transactions
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- All pre-work for bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting role is a must preferably in a international firm
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and good record-keeping skills a must
- Experience in Excel, Outlook and Work.
Are you interested in becoming an Accountant in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a company at the heart of animal nutrition in Europe and worldwide and because of there growth in East Africa they are looking for new employees to support that growth.
Animal nutritionists should undertake research and plan diets in order to provide domestic animals and livestock with nutritionally balanced food stuffs besides that they are also responsible for sales in their assigned territory.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• assessing the relative nutritional values of various feeds together with technical colleagues in Europe
• visiting farms and advice on nutrition
• working with customers to formulate diets that meet their requirements/objectives
• analyzing nutritional disorders
• maintaining awareness of technical and scientific developments
• Reaching the sales budget that is set by the company
• Ability to undertake independent research and give advice
• Ability to communicate with customers and colleagues in Europe (English will suffice)
• Numeracy skills
• Self management and self motivation
• Ability to write reports and keep good records
• Ability to get the sales confirmed
• Preferable MSc in Animal Nutrition
• Drivers license
What the company can offer
• Good salary and benefits, with the possibility to earn extra due to commissions
• Company car, mobile phone and laptop is provided
• Possibilities to develop yourself and learn a lot from colleagues in Europe.
Are you interested in becoming a Animal nutritionist / Technical Sales Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.