JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Reports to CEO
Our client is an established international supplier of organic and Fairtrade processed food. They have developed sustainable food chains and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The overall responsibilities of the CFO is to manage company’s finances, manage financial planning and management of risks, analysis of data, record-keeping and financial reporting. In this role you are also overseeing the administative and HR department, as well as IT developments.
Task and responsibilities
- Organize, plan and Supervise the accounting and financial management of the structure, including the strict control of Cash Flow and the management of financing by third parties (clients or financial institutions)
- Collaborate in the establishment of accounting and financial statements; National and international reporting
- Managing and prepare budgets and their follow-ups, analyze discrepancies, recommend solutions
- Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures, in order to have cost accounting;
- Ensuring all aspects of HR are well organized, contracts, labor laws, negotiations with staff
- Follow up on data relating to payroll, leave, reimbursement of personnel costs and occupational medicine;
- Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of administrative and financial services
- Ensure the fiscal monitoring of transactions, in particular with the various national and international stakeholders (VAT, standardized invoices, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with BCEAO procedures
- IT architecture watch in collaboration with external service providers.
- Supervise and carry out all the accounting entries;
- Manage arguments with the Chartered Accountant and Statutory Auditor councils,
- Assist project managers and heads of departments in the development of action programs in their budgetary aspects
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of actions / agreements and the establishment of intermediate / final reports
- Prepare financial data for General Meetings and boards of directors: analyzes and summaries, arguments for provisions and strategic choices
- Degree in Finance & Accounting, Management or equivalent: Bac + 4/5 or equivalent level
- Mastering computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet): software skills (office automation and accounting software SAGE)
- +5 years of experience in an International company, a complex business or industry, commercial sector
- Experience in working in West African context
- entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude
- understanding of technology, IT systems
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good sense of human relations and making a social impact to the lives of people
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
- Collaborate, align and support with the Group PMO to continue to develop best practices in all areas of the PMO.
- As the Regional PPM(Project and Portfolio Management) process owner actively coach and mentor project organization members and provide leadership in all areas of PPM practices, including to the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that project discipline is followed throughout the business.
- Drive the deployment, education and adoption of MyPPM (Clarizen software) within the Region as the “single point of truth” for all project and initiative data.
Provide inputs and thought leadership on Regional Portfolio to Leadership Teams, Global PMO & key stakeholders (including PRT and Gate Review Teams (GRT), Business Line Managers and Finance) .
Develop a project delivery performance culture in the organization to ensure the successful execution of projects (on time in full) and business results are realized/achieved as per the commitments.
DO & ACI:
Ensure process of Accelerated Continuous Improvement (ACI) is followed correctly.
Lead projects in the role of Project Manager both for ACI and PDP type projects with a focus in the area of Continuous Improvement.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
On behalf of our client, in the Alcoholic Beverages market, Empower is recruiting for dynamic and driven Key Account Managers. These positions are in beautiful Zanzibar and are also open to both Tanzanians and foreign nationals.
To apply directly via our portal, click on the link: https://www.empower.co.tz/empower-jobs/detail/key-account-manager-6049fbc9d65e1
About the Role:
Key Account Managers will establish and build customer relationships, manage key accounts and partnership negotiations, host and execute events and proactively seek out opportunities to grow existing business to drive growth.
• Drive budgeted revenue and profit targets within budgeted cost parameters across the assigned territory by building strong business relationships with key customers.
• Embrace company's On Trade strategic initiatives ensuring that key brand distribution, volume and activation targets are achieved consistently.
• Update and utilize the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to ensure that all opportunities are identified to maximize business opportunity in line with the quarterly pre-agreed account objectives and KPI’s.
• Work closely with the Bar academy manager ensuring that all activations and promotions are implemented within the set time parameters across market segmentation.
• Ensure coverage across key territories by effective journey planning, through objective led call frequency.
• Accurately forecast key SKUs at customer level, ensuring that out-of-stock scenarios are avoided wherever possible.
• To lead the successful negotiation of key account contracts driving the relevant area’s revenue, margin and market share.
• Conduct quarterly reviews for key accounts, communicating trends in the market place and identifying new opportunity to drive business for all concerned parties, in a consultative manner.
Essential Selection Criteria:
• 2 years’ selling experience
• 2 years Management experience (Account, Operational)
• Strong commercial acumen
• Analytical thinking and a proven track record translating this into planning
• Strong written and spoken English
• Outgoing personality
• Valid driving license
• Strong passion for wine and spirits
We are looking for a Country Representative for our client to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders. The Country Representative will take the lead in developing our local sustainability projects, and will have a representative role towards local farmer groups and partners. You will be working in collaboration with the procurement team and an international team of Program managers. The organization is still in the young stage and is therefore looking for someone who can manage everything on the ground, including the small team.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Develop and supervise the implementation of new sustainability projects in Togo.
2. Monitor progress of certification, GPS mapping and traceability activities of suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection with the field staff;
• Directly manage the certification and partnerships manager in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
3. Represent the organization towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feed sector developments to HQ
• Maintain meaningful relationships with govt offices and sector partners
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
4. Manage the country office with a country team of 3 field technicians and build basis for future growth.
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between the team members
• Manage recruitment and HR administration for the local field staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX, procurement
5. Supplier relation management and Procurement support
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on volume + sustainability premiums
6. Finance and project audits
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc.)
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Comfortable with intercultural communication
• Working well in a fast-paced working environment
• Self-starter, problem-solver, an ambitious and passionate worker
• Driven to improve projects and procedures
• Bush proof
• Fluency in English and French
This position is open to local candidates and international (part-time) consultants already resident in Togo.
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Position: Managing Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Travel: Approximately 50% international
Start Date: TBD
Established in 2011, the Global Shea Alliance (www.globalshea.com) is a non-profit industry association with 450 members from 33 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and civil society. Through public private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics.
The managing director leads a dynamic, multidisciplinary team to develop, scale, and execute the association’s agenda. The executive develops the association strategy through multi-stakeholder facilitation, manages implementation of all policies and projects, raises public and private funding to scale activities, oversees finances, and facilitates the governance structure.
- Facilitate sustainability and quality working groups to develop member guidelines, standards, implementation models, and best practices.
- Coordinate member and stakeholder feedback on association activities.
- Propose new projects and course corrections at the level of working groups, executive committee, and general assembly.
- Achieve industry consensus of any proposed policy or activity.
- Oversee the development of the GSA sustainability program and related guidelines, implementation criteria, work streams, technical manuals, and research initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality standards for shea kernels and butter.
- Launch global promotion working group to develop industry marketing activities.
- Recruit and manage a 10-person secretariat team based in Accra with specialties in sustainability, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, partnership development, communications, and finance.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for approval of executive committee and relevant donors.
- Ensure target completion of funded initiatives including warehouses, cooperative development, health and safety, environmental conservation, parkland management, and tree planting.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and best practice development for implemented activities.
- Manage relationships with key donors and private funding partners.
- Ensure compliance with donor contractual requirements.
- Oversee production and high-quality delivery of member and donor reports.
- Coordinate four international conferences and exhibitions in Africa, U.S., and EU to promote the industry and association activities.
- Oversee regular communication via website, newsletters, electronic mailings, and social media.
- Facilitate publication and dissemination of consumer and industry facing articles and videos.
- Oversee individual member advisory services and market linkage activities.
- Implement policy reforms to alleviate trade barriers related to food safety and identity regulations through legal interventions, multinational dialogue, and public private collaboration.
- Oversee implementation of industry research initiatives and publications.
- Represent association at high level industry and government forums.
- Lead recruitment of new private members ensuring broad based geographical and stakeholder representation, with a particular focus on membership expansion of large category end-users of shea based products.
- Develop partnerships with existing members to implement existing policies and projects.
- Develop partnerships with public and private donors to raise funding and implement association policies related to sustainability, quality, and promotion.
- Oversee production of technical and cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Negotiate and sign contracts with donors.
- Lead growth of internal funds generated related to service provision.
Governance and Financial Management
- Coordinate executive committee activities including bi-annual meetings and finance, membership, and policy subcommittees.
- Ensure member and donor approval of all relevant activities.
- Facilitate the annual general assembly, annual report production, and associating voting processes.
- Authorize daily expenditures and oversee procurement procedures.
- Oversee production of monthly bank reconciliations, cash book production, variance analysis, and executive committee financial reports.
- Oversee and approval all donor financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee annual financial audit and publication of financial statements.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-level leadership position with industry or civil society, preferably related to natural ingredient supply chains.
• Demonstrated ability to raise significant public and private funding for social and environmental initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with industry stakeholders including food and cosmetic brands, ingredient suppliers, women’s groups, and non-profit organizations while ensuring anti-trust compliance and confidentiality of propriety information.
• Proven project management experience to implement large complex initiatives with multiple donors and partners.
• Proficiency with industry, consumer facing, and non-profit related communications.
• Background in multi-stakeholder facilitation.
• Background in non-profit management.
• Experience with rural development and women’s empowerment in Africa.
• Fluent in English.
• Proficient in French.
The motivation should include a brief paragraph outlining specific accomplishments related to relevant qualifications.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
* Premium job
For one of our clients in the FMCG sector, we are recruiting a technical people person who enjoys training others and maximizing and utilizing skills.
Are you a team leader, who can manage production, maintenance and repair of the machines, we are keen to speak with you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the production process, with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, you enjoy being in the workplace, sorting out technical matters, working closely together with your colleagues, coaching and helping them where possible.
Key competences :
• A strong character, flexibility, persistence and always going the extra mile
• Knowledge of our technology
• The ability to put things in perspective
• Good knowledge of the English language in speech and writing
The job is immediately available.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Operations Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting a Managing Director in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The task at hand
Prime responsibility of the managing director is to continuously improve quality, volume and efficiency of the factory with his management team: finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering. The challenge is to develop a culture of continuous improvement, supported by structures and daily processes, further developing the team’s capabilities in problem solving, leadership, initiative to innovate. The managing director reports to the CEO and is supported by a local finance director, reporting to the CFO.
• Attaining production targets in terms of quality, volume and efficiency (measurable KPI’s);
• Sourcing of nuts from associated farmer groups;
• Monitoring and supporting the farmer training programs;
• Representing the company with local government institutions;
• Hosting customer visits as well as external auditors (finance, BRC, organic, fairtrade);
• Supporting, facilitating charity projects for the factory and/or the region;
Key requirements (preferable)
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics;
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial processing environment;
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus;
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean management;
• Experience or affinity with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering;
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both French and English;
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Agribusiness in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.