JOB SEARCH RESULT:
- Collaborate, align and support with the Group PMO to continue to develop best practices in all areas of the PMO.
- As the Regional PPM(Project and Portfolio Management) process owner actively coach and mentor project organization members and provide leadership in all areas of PPM practices, including to the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that project discipline is followed throughout the business.
- Drive the deployment, education and adoption of MyPPM (Clarizen software) within the Region as the “single point of truth” for all project and initiative data.
Provide inputs and thought leadership on Regional Portfolio to Leadership Teams, Global PMO & key stakeholders (including PRT and Gate Review Teams (GRT), Business Line Managers and Finance) .
Develop a project delivery performance culture in the organization to ensure the successful execution of projects (on time in full) and business results are realized/achieved as per the commitments.
DO & ACI:
Ensure process of Accelerated Continuous Improvement (ACI) is followed correctly.
Lead projects in the role of Project Manager both for ACI and PDP type projects with a focus in the area of Continuous Improvement.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a leading food producing company in Ethiopia. The Company has been growing rapidly over the last 10 years and is poised to enter its next phase of growth supported by a significant private equity investment. Based in Addis Ababa, the Company is seeking a CEO to lead it through its next growth phase.
The Executive will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s operations and growth plans. The Executive shall report directly to the Board of Directors of the Company and shall actively lead and participate in strategic, operational and financial discussions and presentations to the Board. The Executive will be responsible for designing and executing on an operational improvement and growth plan.
Through the management of the Company and its employees, the Executive’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Ensure the overall coordination of the flow of tasks in the organization and the proper implementation of the action plans
2. Responsible for managing company-wide manufacturing process including the launch of new production lines
3. Design and execution of the growth plan including overseeing multiple new products / segments development at the same time
4. Drive operational and profitability improvement initiatives
5. Monitor closely the raw material sourcing process in view of Ethiopia’s current FX shortage issue
6. Promote quality achievement throughout the organization
7. Lead and motivate the senior management of the company and employees to achieve their goals and targets
8. Develop the mission, vision, strategic plan, annual action plan and budget of the company and ensure their implementation;
9. Prepare quarterly and annual performance reports regarding financial and non-financial performance of the company and submit to the Board of Directors
10. Ensure the implementation of good corporate governance in line with best practices
11. Manage all relationships on behalf of the Company and shareholders including those with the Company’s staff, clients, suppliers, government & regulatory bodies and strategic partners
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience as CEO, COO or other senior managerial position in the FMCG sector
• Previous experience in the food sector is preferred
• Entrepreneurial mindset with strong leadership skills
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• 10-15 years of relevant experience
• BSc/BA degree in the food industry, engineering or business preferred
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting a Production Manager in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The production manager assures the realization of the food processing plant KPI’s on sourced volumes and processing results through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the food processing plant
Food safety, traceability and certifications
• Assume the role of food safety team leader and drive continuous improvement
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with Organic, Fair-Trade and Kosher certifications, audited annually
• Ensure 100% traceability of processed volumes
• Prime person responsible for continuous improvement of safety at work
• Ensure 98% execution of preventive maintenance schedule; collaborate with the maintenance service on improvement to the schedule and elaboration of a “plan B” per equipment type
• Be the last recourse for technical staff on equipment troubleshooting
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained and motivated
Documentation and meetings
• Continuous improvement of the food safety and quality manual
• Continuous improvement of standard work and standard operating procedures
• Maintenance of factory layout drawings
• Lead and assure documentation of daily, weekly and monthly production meetings
Food safety requirements
• BRC trained. External
• HACCP trained. External
• FSMA trained. External
• Excellent knowledge of the company's Quality Manual. Capability to explain it to staff and to develop it further
The production manager works under supervision of the plant manager and in close collaboration with his counterparts from finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering.
The production manager takes responsibility for receiving clients and auditors at the factory and works together with technical assistance and financial partners to realize the plant goals. The production manager communicates with clients and logistics companies on the timely dispatching of containers of finished product and the handling of customer feedback.
Integrity & transparency, efficiency, organisation & planning, analytical & problem-solving skills, attention to detail, persistence, ability to develop people, creative/Innovative, high standards, enthusiasm
Training and experience
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial/military/technical environment, agri-processing preferred
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus but can be learned on the job
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• Familiar with statistical analysis techniques
• Basic financial literacy; capability to interpret balance sheets and income statements
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
We expect the successful candidate for this position to be capable of growing into the position of plant manager within a period of 12 months, taking full responsibility for all activities of the business. This means in addition to the above, directing the value chain team that is responsible for the development and maintaining of relations with over 4000 farmers to make sure that sourcing objectives are met. It also means giving direction to the finance and administrative team and making final hiring and firing decisions.
Fysical requirements : none
Work environment : plant workfloor & office
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reports to CEO
Our client is an established international supplier of organic and Fairtrade processed food. They have developed sustainable food chains and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The overall responsibilities of the CFO is to manage company’s finances, manage financial planning and management of risks, analysis of data, record-keeping and financial reporting. In this role you are also overseeing the administative and HR department, as well as IT developments.
Task and responsibilities
- Organize, plan and Supervise the accounting and financial management of the structure, including the strict control of Cash Flow and the management of financing by third parties (clients or financial institutions)
- Collaborate in the establishment of accounting and financial statements; National and international reporting
- Managing and prepare budgets and their follow-ups, analyze discrepancies, recommend solutions
- Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures, in order to have cost accounting;
- Ensuring all aspects of HR are well organized, contracts, labor laws, negotiations with staff
- Follow up on data relating to payroll, leave, reimbursement of personnel costs and occupational medicine;
- Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of administrative and financial services
- Ensure the fiscal monitoring of transactions, in particular with the various national and international stakeholders (VAT, standardized invoices, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with BCEAO procedures
- IT architecture watch in collaboration with external service providers.
- Supervise and carry out all the accounting entries;
- Manage arguments with the Chartered Accountant and Statutory Auditor councils,
- Assist project managers and heads of departments in the development of action programs in their budgetary aspects
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of actions / agreements and the establishment of intermediate / final reports
- Prepare financial data for General Meetings and boards of directors: analyzes and summaries, arguments for provisions and strategic choices
- Degree in Finance & Accounting, Management or equivalent: Bac + 4/5 or equivalent level
- Mastering computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet): software skills (office automation and accounting software SAGE)
- +5 years of experience in an International company, a complex business or industry, commercial sector
- Experience in working in West African context
- entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude
- understanding of technology, IT systems
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good sense of human relations and making a social impact to the lives of people
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client's team in Ghana has been operating for over 4 years with sustainability activities via partners, but they are now establishing their own entity. We are looking for a finance and administrative officer for the office in Accra to help set-up all governing structures in the organization to support the growth of our client. Our client is active in sustainable supply chains in the agricultural sector.
1. Management of Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting
• Organize bookkeeping for the organization in Accra and execute direct financial transactions
• Request for funds of partners and review realized expenditures and financial reports
• Reviewing all submitted budgets and spending on monthly and quarterly basis and giving feedback to the Head Office
• Together with the country representative coordinate the establishment of the operational budget
2. Setting up all structures for establishment in Ghana and ensuring the foundation can operate independently
• Setting up the legal entity in Ghana with the applicable regulatory bodies
• To design the required statutory documents including tax policy, ensuring compliance with legislation
• Coordinate the opening of the company's bank account in Ghana in collaboration with the Financial Officer at the head office and maintain all banking affairs from that moment
3. Office support
• Organize the procurement of equipment in compliance with procurement protocols
• Management of upkeep and maintenance of office supplies and environment
4. Human Resource Management
• Organizing and maintaining payroll of the company and staff pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Designing and managing contracts of staff pay-rolled with the organization, as well as supervising contract design of staff that is pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Ensuring alignment in HR policies
• Leading recruitment processes
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over The Netherlands and West Africa. In Accra, you will be based in the office of the core team with 5 people working on Ghana project management, and work with over 60 staff-members directly and indirectly. You’ll work closely with guidance of the Finance Officer in the Netherlands and report to the country representative.
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or business administration
• At least 5 years of experience in finance
• A passionate and ambitious worker
• Self-starter and willing to manage big portfolios as well as execute simple tasks
• Accurate, analytic, efficient and problem-solving
• Innovative and driven to continuously improve our procedures and projects
• Fluency in English; fluency in French is an advantage;
You will be part of a fast-growing international organization with great future career opportunities. Work Status 40 hours per week. Based in Accra, Ghana, with possible travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Finance & Administrative Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Position: Managing Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Travel: Approximately 50% international
Start Date: TBD
Established in 2011, the Global Shea Alliance (www.globalshea.com) is a non-profit industry association with 450 members from 33 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and civil society. Through public private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics.
The managing director leads a dynamic, multidisciplinary team to develop, scale, and execute the association’s agenda. The executive develops the association strategy through multi-stakeholder facilitation, manages implementation of all policies and projects, raises public and private funding to scale activities, oversees finances, and facilitates the governance structure.
- Facilitate sustainability and quality working groups to develop member guidelines, standards, implementation models, and best practices.
- Coordinate member and stakeholder feedback on association activities.
- Propose new projects and course corrections at the level of working groups, executive committee, and general assembly.
- Achieve industry consensus of any proposed policy or activity.
- Oversee the development of the GSA sustainability program and related guidelines, implementation criteria, work streams, technical manuals, and research initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality standards for shea kernels and butter.
- Launch global promotion working group to develop industry marketing activities.
- Recruit and manage a 10-person secretariat team based in Accra with specialties in sustainability, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, partnership development, communications, and finance.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for approval of executive committee and relevant donors.
- Ensure target completion of funded initiatives including warehouses, cooperative development, health and safety, environmental conservation, parkland management, and tree planting.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and best practice development for implemented activities.
- Manage relationships with key donors and private funding partners.
- Ensure compliance with donor contractual requirements.
- Oversee production and high-quality delivery of member and donor reports.
- Coordinate four international conferences and exhibitions in Africa, U.S., and EU to promote the industry and association activities.
- Oversee regular communication via website, newsletters, electronic mailings, and social media.
- Facilitate publication and dissemination of consumer and industry facing articles and videos.
- Oversee individual member advisory services and market linkage activities.
- Implement policy reforms to alleviate trade barriers related to food safety and identity regulations through legal interventions, multinational dialogue, and public private collaboration.
- Oversee implementation of industry research initiatives and publications.
- Represent association at high level industry and government forums.
- Lead recruitment of new private members ensuring broad based geographical and stakeholder representation, with a particular focus on membership expansion of large category end-users of shea based products.
- Develop partnerships with existing members to implement existing policies and projects.
- Develop partnerships with public and private donors to raise funding and implement association policies related to sustainability, quality, and promotion.
- Oversee production of technical and cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Negotiate and sign contracts with donors.
- Lead growth of internal funds generated related to service provision.
Governance and Financial Management
- Coordinate executive committee activities including bi-annual meetings and finance, membership, and policy subcommittees.
- Ensure member and donor approval of all relevant activities.
- Facilitate the annual general assembly, annual report production, and associating voting processes.
- Authorize daily expenditures and oversee procurement procedures.
- Oversee production of monthly bank reconciliations, cash book production, variance analysis, and executive committee financial reports.
- Oversee and approval all donor financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee annual financial audit and publication of financial statements.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-level leadership position with industry or civil society, preferably related to natural ingredient supply chains.
• Demonstrated ability to raise significant public and private funding for social and environmental initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with industry stakeholders including food and cosmetic brands, ingredient suppliers, women’s groups, and non-profit organizations while ensuring anti-trust compliance and confidentiality of propriety information.
• Proven project management experience to implement large complex initiatives with multiple donors and partners.
• Proficiency with industry, consumer facing, and non-profit related communications.
• Background in multi-stakeholder facilitation.
• Background in non-profit management.
• Experience with rural development and women’s empowerment in Africa.
• Fluent in English.
• Proficient in French.
The motivation should include a brief paragraph outlining specific accomplishments related to relevant qualifications.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
* Premium job
As part of our client's company development and their restructuring plan, we are looking for an After-Sales service Manager.
Our client is active as a distributor of agricultural machinery.
Main objective of the mission:
- Stabilize key elements of the team
- Make the department financially balanced and profitable
- Improve response and customer satisfaction
- Improve traceability of interventions
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Under the management of the Regional Manager, you assume full responsibilities of an After Sales Service Director such as:
- Reorganize the department’s structure and management to empower key elements of the team.
- Management of a team of 25 service engineers to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Set up objectives for the after sales team.
- KPI’s implementation and follow up.
- Implementation of a DMS (Irium software).
- Responsible for the organization of the trainings plan in Sudan and abroad.
- Hiring and empowerment of new engineers to strengthen the team.
- Ensure a proper communication with the suppliers.
- Guarantee a great customer satisfaction.
- Reporting of actions to the Regional Manager.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Expected results Reporting on time, completed, and without mistakes of all key materials communicated by the Department:
- Full reliability
- Timeliness: strict monthly deadlines, continuous improvement of reporting delays
- Customer orientation: quality of service and speed of service in meeting internal customers’ needs and enquiries (top management / other corporate departments)
- Productivity: continuous improvement of automated templates / dashboards / tools… Critical assessment of reporting and own work
Required skill and qualifications:
- Successful experience in management of after sales services of equipment (agricultural and/or construction field) dealership.
- Abilities to work with Excel files and ERP/DMS systems.
- Ability to a good communication and working relationship.
- Considerable management and team leader skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and evaluate the work of supervisors and employees.
- Work well under pressure and strict deadlines.
- A continuous improvement mindset, you are proactive, looking for solution and innovative.
- Rigorous and thorough mindset. Critical thinking abilities.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in similar position is required.
- Mechanical engineer.
- English language is mandatory, Arabic is an advantage.
- You are responsible for the good organization of the department, favouring teamwork and cohesion.
- You are accompanied in your task by an engineer and an assistant.
Salary and benefits:
- Unique challenge in a growing company
- Offices based in Khartoum, Sudan
- Local Sudanese contract
- Local leaves: 30 days
- Probation period: 3 months
- Attractive package according to profile
Are you interested in becoming an After Sales Service Manager in Sudan? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.