JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client, a company producing beverages, wishes to recruit a managing director (MD) to carry it through and beyond its existing strategy.
1. Expectations from new MD
1.1 Market expansion
The existing strategy of the company is to grow focus on its current brands to the end of 2022. However, they shall be happy if the new managing director will take us through a market expansion to a larger part of east African region, which includes Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, and South Sudan. So to a larger part and not necessarily to the entire region.
1.2 Product diversification
To continue with the growth objectives, they would appreciate to diversify into other conventional products.
1.3 Strategic investor
The new MD is therefore expected to lead an initiative to write a new strategic plan to accommodate the out of the box ideas he/she will implement. We believe that the company has a huge potential for growth and expansion. This can include opportunities for inviting a strategic investor who can acquire up to 49% of the company shares. There are matters that will arise as a result of strategic investor which includes but not limited to having own appointed directors in the company which they are open for.
1.4 Improve liquidity
Such an expansion will enable the company to consolidate its position as a leading producer of beverages for low income consumers in East Africa and resolve the large liabilities that accumulated during the times of turbulence from 2016 to end of 2019.
1.5 The wishes of market expansion and product diversification have been the wish of this company and several unsuccessful attempts have been made towards this. For the company the main reason for the initiatives not to succeed is limited skills of the management.
2. Proposed renumeration and benefits
2.1 Renumeration of EURO 4,000 to 5,000 nett of social security benefit and payroll taxes
2.2 Furnished accommodation with basic facilities (Furniture, Fridge, TV- items of personal nature like bedsheets, pots plates and similar are a responsibility of the MD)
2.3 Air time EURO 100 per month
2.4 Self-drive car with fuel and unlimited mileage within Tanzania
2.5 AAR worldwide medical insurance to staff and wife or husband and children
2.6 Working days will follow the company established timetable that is Mondays to Fridays from 8.00am to 5.00pm and in between there is one-hour lunch break from 1.00 to 2.00 pm, and on Saturdays from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm.
2.7 28 calendar leave days for each year of service.
2.8 Once a year air ticket to his home country if outside Tanzania for MD wife and children-under 18 or above 18 but school going.
2.9 NB: No provision to school fees for children. There are three international schools in Arusha, Braeburn, (UWC School) Moshi International school Arusha Branch- IB syllabus, and St. Constantine School-Cambridge Syllabus)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Position: Managing Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Travel: Approximately 50% international
Start Date: TBD
Established in 2011, the Global Shea Alliance (www.globalshea.com) is a non-profit industry association with 450 members from 33 countries including women’s groups, brands and retailers, suppliers, and civil society. Through public private partnerships, the GSA promotes industry sustainability, quality practices and standards, and demand for shea in food and cosmetics.
The managing director leads a dynamic, multidisciplinary team to develop, scale, and execute the association’s agenda. The executive develops the association strategy through multi-stakeholder facilitation, manages implementation of all policies and projects, raises public and private funding to scale activities, oversees finances, and facilitates the governance structure.
- Facilitate sustainability and quality working groups to develop member guidelines, standards, implementation models, and best practices.
- Coordinate member and stakeholder feedback on association activities.
- Propose new projects and course corrections at the level of working groups, executive committee, and general assembly.
- Achieve industry consensus of any proposed policy or activity.
- Oversee the development of the GSA sustainability program and related guidelines, implementation criteria, work streams, technical manuals, and research initiatives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality standards for shea kernels and butter.
- Launch global promotion working group to develop industry marketing activities.
- Recruit and manage a 10-person secretariat team based in Accra with specialties in sustainability, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, partnership development, communications, and finance.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for approval of executive committee and relevant donors.
- Ensure target completion of funded initiatives including warehouses, cooperative development, health and safety, environmental conservation, parkland management, and tree planting.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and best practice development for implemented activities.
- Manage relationships with key donors and private funding partners.
- Ensure compliance with donor contractual requirements.
- Oversee production and high-quality delivery of member and donor reports.
- Coordinate four international conferences and exhibitions in Africa, U.S., and EU to promote the industry and association activities.
- Oversee regular communication via website, newsletters, electronic mailings, and social media.
- Facilitate publication and dissemination of consumer and industry facing articles and videos.
- Oversee individual member advisory services and market linkage activities.
- Implement policy reforms to alleviate trade barriers related to food safety and identity regulations through legal interventions, multinational dialogue, and public private collaboration.
- Oversee implementation of industry research initiatives and publications.
- Represent association at high level industry and government forums.
- Lead recruitment of new private members ensuring broad based geographical and stakeholder representation, with a particular focus on membership expansion of large category end-users of shea based products.
- Develop partnerships with existing members to implement existing policies and projects.
- Develop partnerships with public and private donors to raise funding and implement association policies related to sustainability, quality, and promotion.
- Oversee production of technical and cost proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Negotiate and sign contracts with donors.
- Lead growth of internal funds generated related to service provision.
Governance and Financial Management
- Coordinate executive committee activities including bi-annual meetings and finance, membership, and policy subcommittees.
- Ensure member and donor approval of all relevant activities.
- Facilitate the annual general assembly, annual report production, and associating voting processes.
- Authorize daily expenditures and oversee procurement procedures.
- Oversee production of monthly bank reconciliations, cash book production, variance analysis, and executive committee financial reports.
- Oversee and approval all donor financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee annual financial audit and publication of financial statements.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-level leadership position with industry or civil society, preferably related to natural ingredient supply chains.
• Demonstrated ability to raise significant public and private funding for social and environmental initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with industry stakeholders including food and cosmetic brands, ingredient suppliers, women’s groups, and non-profit organizations while ensuring anti-trust compliance and confidentiality of propriety information.
• Proven project management experience to implement large complex initiatives with multiple donors and partners.
• Proficiency with industry, consumer facing, and non-profit related communications.
• Background in multi-stakeholder facilitation.
• Background in non-profit management.
• Experience with rural development and women’s empowerment in Africa.
• Fluent in English.
• Proficient in French.
The motivation should include a brief paragraph outlining specific accomplishments related to relevant qualifications.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
* Premium job
For a large international nutrion company we are recruiting a (Senior) Account Manager Africa .
In this challenging position, you will manage the following key areas of responsibility:
• Develop and realize the sales plan Africa in line with the ambitious global growth strategy, plan and implement the yearly sales budget in your area and achieve the yearly budgeted growth results in terms of turnover and gross margin.
• Develop new business for Savoury Ingredients.
• Cooperate with our global, regional and local technical specialists to support you in your area, in order to maximize the sales results in both existing and new business.
• Negotiate prices and payment conditions with your customers.
• Build and maintain high-level personal relations with the customers in your area.
• Optimize existing distribution network required to grow in line with Savoury Food Ingredients ambitious growth targets.
• Support the development of the sales plans by collecting market information and indicating market trends.
• Manage complaints and customer questions properly.
• Produce monthly reports on business results in the area, including market information and developments.
• The Senior account manager will be responsible for further expansion of our sales for Africa.
• He or she will report to the Regional Sales Manager EMEA.
• You hold a bachelor or master degree in economics, business administration, science or technology and you have a technical knowledge of ingredients.
• You have in depth knowledge and expertise of the food ingredients industry and markets. By interest or education, you have knowhow about food and taste.
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in B2B sales environment, preferable with an excellent track record and network in the food industry in Africa.
• You have experience in the management of large / key accounts & distributors.
• You are able to design develop longer term sales strategies that support longer term Savoury Ingredients business strategy and deliver short term successes in parallel.
• You are a strong communicator. You are effective in influencing, negotiating and engaging, on different levels. People consider you as an effective networker and a strong team player.
• You have a hands-on mentality, you are a true entrepreneurial thinker and inquisitive by nature.
• You are very keen on working in emerging markets.
• You are willing to travel as this is an essential part of the role.
• You are fluent in French and English (must!)
• Qualities like customer focus, drive for results, entrepreneurship, initiative, engaging people and discipline are essential for this role.
Are you interested in becoming a (Senior) Account Manager Africa in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is a large FMCG company with USD 50 mln. turnover a year with a clear plan to double turnover within 12 months, is looking for two entrepreneurial Financial Controllers. The Company is backed by an international private equity firm and the ideal candidate reports to the CEO/CFO as well as to the investors.
• Oversees, help train and improve current finance team (15-20 pax)
• Helping the company scale up and double turnover
• Implement and maintain ERP system
• Meet monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting deadlines and investor requests
• Create company culture, create awareness of importance of cost management
The person we are looking for:
• Has a strong financial controller background
• Can lead a team, has a strong personality
• Is entrepreneurial and gets his / her hands dirty
• Has experience with consumer facing products
• Preferably has experience with investors
• Can be an Ethiopian or international candidate with preferably work experience in Africa
What is on offer:
• USD 60 – 75k CTC a year
• Performance based bonus
• Share option plan (
• Start date asap, location Addis Abeba
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are currently seeking for an experienced Country Sales Manager for a local brand in Ghana.
The company produces high quality natural products/cosmetics from the finest raw ingredients. Since their brand is having a high demand and they want to start looking at exporting to other countries, they are looking for a strong sales person.
He or she will be responsible for expanding the brand and its visibility, and will directly deal with wholesalers in the country and will also be responsible for increasing the number of wholesalers. In Ghana there is a huge potential for their organic products and its therefore a great opportunity.
We are recruiting three Sales Engineers for our client, which is a European supplier for factory and process automation products.
Job domain: Division Factory Automation
Reports to: Area Sales Manager FA - Sub-Saharan Africa
Obtaining/Maintaining the position of market leader within the FA area by selling FA products to predefined market segments.
Achieving the predetermined sales objective (with regard to products, product groups, turnover, gross margin, new customer acquisition, etc…) within the defined sales area.
Developing the sales area in order to reach the goals of the company and acquire a maximum client satisfaction regarding quality
KNOWLEDGE LEVEL, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCES
1. Education, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Bachelor, Master Electro mechanics or Electronics (specialisation measurement and control technology is an advantage), National Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge and experience, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Good knowledge of measurement and control technology, DCS architecture, digital communication
- Knowledge of legislation around explosion protection and environmental legislation
- Thorough knowledge of the FA market and its competition based on previous relevant work experience in a technical sales position
- Good knowledge of automation technology, PLC architecture, digital communication
- Good knowledge of FA products and their application
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Computer literate
3. Behavioural competences:
MM Version 201507
- Team player
- Active listener
- Proactive and anticipated minded
- Result driven
- Commercial minded based on technical knowledge
- Quality oriented
- Analytical and structured orientation
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, coordination and organisational skills
RESULT AREAS + TASKS
1. Commercial contacts
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, regarding the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Maintaining contact and transferring relevant information to the area responsible of the GPP team, who is responsible for the coordination of international projects
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, initially with regard to the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Giving technical support and advice to clients and prospects concerning the product range FA.
- Searching for and visiting new clients (customer acquisition).
- Offering solutions to clients for the company's products and their applications.
- Giving product presentations and product trainings to clients.
- Preparing and presenting quotations according to the internal guidelines with regard to price setting and conditions.
- Follow-up quotations.
- Introduction of new products in the given area.
- Participation to fairs
- Taking initiative in accordance with the policy
- Follow-up of evolutions in the market and with competitors on a non-stop base with regard to sales data, products and applications
- Regularly report market developments, sales expectations, market potential and results of market research
3. Tasks with regard to organisation
- Budget definition and responsibility for allocated Accounts
- Visit reporting in Siebel
- Self-tuition regarding (new) products
- Reporting and succession of opportunities in Siebel
Are you interested in becoming an External Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a large European distributor of food commodities that is expanding into the Ghanaian market. They are looking for an independent and self-motivated person to become their Regional Sales Manager in Ghana.
• Secure continuity and expansion of the company’s position on the Ghanaian market linked to the annual business and the companies long term plan for Africa and more specific Ghana.
• Acquire new customers -in close cooperation with the local distributors/agents- and grow our business with existing customers
• Scout opportunities with larger customers and (international) chains like hotels, restaurants, retail, convenience
• Launch new products -together with the distributor/agent- on the market, support and promote the products and brands and scout opportunities in the market for new concepts and products
• Build local networks
• Make optimal use of assigned marketing budgets for brand communication and visibility in the market
• Support our distributor’s/agents in the market regarding logistic affairs, managing information and communication to and from the head office in Europe
• Support the Area Manager Africa on a day to day base in the local market and report on a weekly basis e.g. results, opportunities.
• Competences: can convince and influence, relation/network manager, entrepreneurial, commercial and promotional skills
• Price and trade term negotiation is NOT the responsibility of the sales manager
• Activation, Initiation and out roll promotions
What we are looking for:
• Local employee - Ghana based
• International attitude - with respect for being able to work locally for a European company
• Should have experience in sales and business development, preferably for a larger company in food manufacturing
• Somebody that can work around and be accepted by the local distributors and agents
• Should have sales/promotion/market execution experience and a sales/customer network in the Ghanaian market.
• Should have experience with working with agents/distributors
• Next to local language(s) should be sufficient in English (both written and oral), French is a nice extra.
What is on offer:
• One-year contract, with possible extension
• Standalone job with loads of traveling
• Competitive package with sales related bonus
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.