JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching a Country Director Farms for their locations in Ethiopia.
Based in Addis Ababa, or at one of the farms, with significant national travel and some international travel.
We are looking for an experience Country Director to join the Ethiopian team, for daily management of the farms. Forming a bridge between overseas management and local operations.
You will play a key role in the client’s global senior management team supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. In country you will set the strategic direction of the Ethiopian farms in line with the client’s global strategy and Ethiopian national development plans. You will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between farms, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (10+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy
• Agricultural background
• Has managed several locations before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
Market conform package available. This is a new role, start date as soon as ideal candidate is found.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director Farms in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a leading food producing company in Ethiopia. The Company has been growing rapidly over the last 10 years and is poised to enter its next phase of growth supported by a significant private equity investment. Based in Addis Ababa, the Company is seeking a CEO to lead it through its next growth phase.
The Executive will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s operations and growth plans. The Executive shall report directly to the Board of Directors of the Company and shall actively lead and participate in strategic, operational and financial discussions and presentations to the Board. The Executive will be responsible for designing and executing on an operational improvement and growth plan.
Through the management of the Company and its employees, the Executive’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Ensure the overall coordination of the flow of tasks in the organization and the proper implementation of the action plans
2. Responsible for managing company-wide manufacturing process including the launch of new production lines
3. Design and execution of the growth plan including overseeing multiple new products / segments development at the same time
4. Drive operational and profitability improvement initiatives
5. Monitor closely the raw material sourcing process in view of Ethiopia’s current FX shortage issue
6. Promote quality achievement throughout the organization
7. Lead and motivate the senior management of the company and employees to achieve their goals and targets
8. Develop the mission, vision, strategic plan, annual action plan and budget of the company and ensure their implementation;
9. Prepare quarterly and annual performance reports regarding financial and non-financial performance of the company and submit to the Board of Directors
10. Ensure the implementation of good corporate governance in line with best practices
11. Manage all relationships on behalf of the Company and shareholders including those with the Company’s staff, clients, suppliers, government & regulatory bodies and strategic partners
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience as CEO, COO or other senior managerial position in the FMCG sector
• Previous experience in the food sector is preferred
• Entrepreneurial mindset with strong leadership skills
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• 10-15 years of relevant experience
• BSc/BA degree in the food industry, engineering or business preferred
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Africa Steel Company zoekt voor haar bedrijf Ethiopian Steel Profiling and Building Company (ESPBC) te Ethiopië een General Manager
- Toezicht houden dagelijkse gang van zaken;
- Definitieve besluitvorming en eindverantwoording;
- Beleid bepalen toekomst;
- Vaststellen begroting en budgetten;
- Aandeelhouders informeren;
- Collega’s motiveren en kennis aan hen overdragen;
- De teamspirit behouden;
- Ervaring als leidinggevende;
- Werken in een andere cultuur;
- Analytisch denkvermogen;
- Resultaat gericht werken;
- Dienend leiderschap;
- Engelse taal beheersen, zowel schriftelijk als mondeling;
- Stabiele situatie;
- Voor minimaal 5 jaar wil wonen in Ethiopië;
- Een christelijke levensovertuiging.
Werken in Afrika maakt deze functie extra uitdagend. Een cultuur waar onze logica niet altijd opgaat.
Een bedrijfsklimaat waar regels om de dag kunnen veranderen. Een land waar onvoorziene omstandigheden aan de orde van de dag zijn.
- Een bijzondere mooie job in een bijzondere cultuur!
- Ruimte om het bedrijf verder te laten groeien en een hoge mate van vrijheid;
- Goede voorwaarden;
- Inwerkperiode door huidige General Manager.
Functie start per september 2018
Internationale school voor kinderen tot 14 jaar dichtbij
ESPBC is een staalverwerkingsbedrijf in Ethiopië met 115 mensen in dienst. Met dit team wordt de lokale markt voorzien van stalen profielen, dakplaten en allerlei andere constructiematerialen. Een gezond bedrijf in een groeimarkt waar nog vele kansen liggen. Een mooie uitdaging voor iemand met passie en daadkracht.
We begrijpen dat deze advertentie veel vragen oproept en geven je graag de ruimte om met onderstaande personen te bellen om meer te weten te komen over de functie, het bedrijf, het land en de consequenties die het heeft voor een gezin om zich te vestigen in Ethiopië.
Voor meer informatie over het bedrijf ESBPC te Ethiopië zie de website: www.ethiopiansteelprofiling.com of bel de huidige General Manager Hans Walhout: +251 91 149 0814 (via WhatsApp!)
Heeft u vragen over de functie, omstandigheden of procedure van de sollicitatie bel dan met Marjan Burggraaf-Noordzij: 06 36 29 75 78
Geraakt door de advertentie en heb je interesse voor deze functie? Stuur dan een mail met daarin een reactie met de reden waarom je reageert op deze functie en voeg je CV toe. Graag de reactie in het Engels sturen naar email@example.com
De gesprekken zijn gepland eind januari 2018. Tot die tijd staat de advertentie open. Deze gesprekken vinden plaats in Zwijndrecht. Daarbij zijn aanwezig Piet Noordzij en Marjan Burggraaf (de aandeelhouders) en Hans Walhout (de General Manager van ESPBC).
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Florensis is supplier of high-quality young plant material in the European horticultural business for the professional grower. The head office is based in the Netherlands (Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht). Florensis operates internationally and has several sales- and production locations in Africa and Europe. At one of our locations in Ethiopia we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic:
Manager Planning & Logistics:
Driven, pro-active and commercial
(fulltime, located in Ethiopia)
The manager Planning & Logistics is responsible for all planning and logistic activities at Florensis Ethiopia plc and makes sure operations with regard to these areas run efficiently and effectively. You are responsible for planning, logistics and cold chain. You make sure that Florensis Ethiopia delivers high quality cuttings to its clients in time in the right quantities. In case of deviations, you take care of effective communication with the Supply Cuttings Department in The Netherlands. You will report directly to the general manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately register the availability in the logistical system (in which you are key-user);
• Ensure Florensis Netherlands is up to date on real time availability of unrooted and rooted cuttings;
• You make sure that operational departments are running adequate and efficiently;
• Ensure adequate logistics for delivering cuttings to different customers;
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock;
• Responsible for arranging and optimizing shipments to our customers;
• Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to planning, logistics and cold chain and propose improvements for the harvesting and delivery of cuttings;
• Liaise with the general manager and production manager Agronomy on cultivation, propagation, planning, logistics, hygiene and quality issues.
Florensis offers you a broad, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
• A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
• Some years of relevant work experience;
• Experience with working in a non-western country is a pré;
• You are able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere;
• You are accurate and having excellent analytical skills;
• You are customer minded;
• You are able to indicate clear common goals and are able to direct others to reach these;
• You have great communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written (knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre);
• You have a positive, strong, fair and credible;
• Able to live and work in Ethiopia.
For more information, please visit our website www.florensis.com. For additional information, please contact Leon Duijnisveld (Director Supply Chain and Foreign Production), T: +31(0)78-6233200.
If you are up for this challenge and can identify yourself with the profile mentioned above, we would like to receive your motivation letter and curriculum vitae. You can send your application by post to: Florensis B.V., Attn. Dept. HRM, P.O. box 32, 3330 AA Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands. Or, preferably, u can apply via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for application is Friday 17 February 2017.
An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
Our client focuses on sustainable farming with small scale, subsistence farmers across East Africa, while investing in sustainable supply chains for global customers.
We are looking for a Technical Director, to be a member of the Executive Team, who will help the business strengthen its agricultural performance and drive the next generation of growth from 250 to 1,000 farmers over the next 3 years.
• Responsible to lead all agronomic operations and execution in Ethiopia
• Planning regenerative, multi-crop, year-round production with 250+ out-grower farms, while improving weekly harvest estimations and quarterly production forecasts
• Testing, evaluating and implementing new crops, cutting-edge smallholder technologies, and various engagement models
• Supporting field managers to motivate staff and drive improvements in smallholder yields and farm management
• Rapidly iterating and continuously improving our internal systems and processes
• Involved in all aspects of company leadership, strategy and management
• A background in commercial fresh-produce farming/growing
• Experience with regenerative or organic growing practices
• Experience leading teams in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
• An analytical and entrepreneurial mindset
• Experience managing P&L, budgets, and production forecasting
Interested to join this innovative business and in being based in Ethiopia? We would like to hear from you.
For our client, which is a European company active in the horticulture sector in Africa, we are looking for a Farm Manager in Ethiopia.
• Direct reporting to general manager and Management Team from Europe and Ethiopia
• Planning and directing all farm activities:
* Follow up new varieties, building of greenhouses
* Follow up of Payroll, voucher and budgets
* Follow up targets, minimizing labor, labor optimization.
- Import & Export
* Communication with government, follow up new laws
• Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent by experience.
• Preferable five or more years of relevant work experience in the position of manager.
• Affinity with the plant sector is an advantage
• Willing to relocate to Ethiopia.
• Languages English
• Attractive and versatile function with an international market leader in its segment.
• Attractive remuneration package including housing, insurance cover and medical cost refund.
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is a large FMCG company with USD 50 mln. turnover a year with a clear plan to double turnover within 12 months, is looking for two entrepreneurial Financial Controllers. The Company is backed by an international private equity firm and the ideal candidate reports to the CEO/CFO as well as to the investors.
• Oversees, help train and improve current finance team (15-20 pax)
• Helping the company scale up and double turnover
• Implement and maintain ERP system
• Meet monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting deadlines and investor requests
• Create company culture, create awareness of importance of cost management
The person we are looking for:
• Has a strong financial controller background
• Can lead a team, has a strong personality
• Is entrepreneurial and gets his / her hands dirty
• Has experience with consumer facing products
• Preferably has experience with investors
• Can be an Ethiopian or international candidate with preferably work experience in Africa
What is on offer:
• USD 60 – 75k CTC a year
• Performance based bonus
• Share option plan (
• Start date asap, location Addis Abeba
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a global feed company with business units in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America. Their business unit in Ethiopia is rapidly growing. They are going to expand our production capacity on the short term. In this position you are the local contact for our company's engineers and together with them and your local Ethiopian team you are responsible for the implementation of a project locally and to make sure our factory runs in the best possible way in order to deliver the right quality of feed to our customers in Ethiopia.
What does our client expect from a Technical Manager?
You negotiate with local contractors and you finalize contracts with them for the installation and civil work in the company's factory in order realize the expansion project as soon and smooth as possible. You are also the first responsible for curative and preventive maintenance. In close cooperation with the local production manager and together with your team of electricians and mechanics, you are responsible for planning, designing and executing preventive maintenance programs as well as trouble shooting and curative maintenance. One of your aims is to make the mechanics and electricians become better in their job by being more effective and efficient. Together with the company's engineers from the global technical department, you discuss about the scope of the project, product specifications, the implementation process etc. You will implement maintenance software with guidance and support from the company's global technical support team. You will make downtime visible and will minimize this downtime.
What does our client expect from a Technical Manager?
You have completed a relevant education in electro mechanics or mechanics or have experience in these fields. You have at least 2 years of experience in a technical / maintenance role, preferably within a manufacturing company. You have the ability to convince others and to adapt your professional approach to the local circumstances. Preferably you have project management skills and proven experience in leading technical projects. You are fluent in English, both orally and written. You consider it as a challenge to develop and motivate people within the Ethiopian culture in their job and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
You have the following personal characteristics: analytical, hands-on, decisive, energetic, honest, results-oriented and problem-solving. You are willing to live in Ethiopia for at least the next three years.
What does our client offer a Technical Manager?
You will work in an international environment where you will be able to develop yourself, both personally and professionally. Our client offers you a full time job with an attractive compensations and benefits package.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Ethiopia and working in an international environment? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.