JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is a leading producer and supplier of premium quality oils and fats for the food manufacturing industry. Since they want to expand their export market, they are looking for a Sales Manager for the West African region.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and establish potential customers for the sales initiative of the company
- Generate the sale of company products in the region in accordance to agreed sales targets
- Planning, Implementation and evaluation of critical initiatives that delivers market share and profit growth within assigned region.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales engagement with customers
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure constant availability of company’s products and services across the region to achieve or exceed agreed targets
- Ensure accurate delivery of product request at a timely manner
- Gather market data or intelligence on competitor activity.
schedules and provide customers with superior levels of service to meet the needs of the customer
- Establish and ensure that sales administration policies and procedures relating to the scope of work are properly implemented to support the company’s efforts to achieve sales targets
- Maintain and develop good relationship with customers through personal contact or meetings or via telephone
- Ensure efficient gathering of market and customer information to enhance price negotiations
- Ensure accurate records of orders and sales figures
- Identify and inform management on trade trends within the vegetable oil industry
- Design and lead major initiatives within assigned region with the aim of gaining advantage over the competition.
Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Maintain contacts with all departments especially finance team on matters concerning payment from customers.
Responsibility for Company Asset
Has responsibility to ensure all assets of the company are maintained properly.
1. Educational Qualification
• BSc Marketing or Administration
2. Previous Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ sales experience with oil and fat industry (must have)
• Sales experience within the West African Region
3. Technical Skills
• Ability to identify potential markets
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Working experience in the West Africa Region
• Fluency in French ( huge preference)
• High level integrity
• Self-driven result oriented
• Can do attitude and persistent
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Time Management : Uses time effectively and efficiently
• Nationals from Ghana or West African countries are highly preferred for this position
1. OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Head of Production supervises, leads and continuously develops the production capabilities of the Company. A strong focus is on the production of glues and adhesives (casein, white glues etc.), the production of styrene acrylic, the production of hygiene chemicals (caustic soda etc.) and on the production of consumer chemicals (liquid dish wash, detergents, textile care products etc.). New projects in the agro-chemical space (liquid glucose, modification of starch etc.) are likely. The Head of Production will play a critical role in the development of new product and projects, and hence in achieving the ambitious growth targets of the Company.
2. ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB POSITION
- Master in Chemistry or related subject mandatory, Ph.D. a bonus (preferred area: polymer technology)
- Certifications in relevant management topics are a bonus (health, safety and environment; human resources; production and process improvement etc.)
- At least 10 years of experience in the production of specialty chemicals; experience in the production of casein glue is a must, experience in some of the relevant products like styrene acrylic, hygiene chemicals, consumer chemicals and agro-chemicals are strongly desired.
3. KEY TASKS /RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB POSITION
• Production oversight: Day to day supervision of production of all products of the Company
• Production setup: Continous improvement of existing production processes and set up of production processes for new production lines
• Production and supply chain planning: Interaction with sales teams to prepare short and long term production plans, and definition of procurement plans
• Quality Assurance: Continous monitoring of product quality and implementation of recommendations from Quality Control and Internal Audit Departments
• Product development: Research and development of new chemicals products across the entire range of products of the Company (paint chemicals, glues / adhesives, hygiene, consumer chemicals, agrochemicals etc.)
• Project development: Support of conceptualization and implementation of new business projects, i.e. new production lines and factory extensions
• Team management: Identification of manpower needs and skills requirements, continous development of the skills and knowledge of the production team, performance management, identification and support of personal and professional growth of high performers
4. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
• Location of work is Lagos, Nigeria
• Housing in residential area (Ikeja) will be provided, includes all services, electricity, water
• Provision of personal steward for cleaning and cooking
• Provision of company car (Toyota Corolla) with personal driver
• International Health Insurance package
• 30 days of paid vacation
• One business class flight home for annual leave
• Local allowance of ca. USD 1,000 per month (in local currency)
• USD salary for monthly savings of USD 4,000 to 5,000 per month, depending on experience and qualification of candidate
5. THE COMPANY
• The Company is one of the leading specialty chemical companies in Nigeria
25 years ago our client started its business from Dar es Salaam. They produce, sell and deliver paints all over Tanzania. In order to increase their cleint database of 500+, increase revenue and realise their expanding over other East African countries they are now looking for a new CEO.
The CEO will be reporting directly to the board and has appr. 24 direct reports, 300 indirect.
The position is part of the aspiration to become high performing in product offering, productivity, lean and profitable organization to become best in its class of assets, people, processes, system and Brand to fulfill the mission & vision of the company.
About the position:
This position exists for a talented individual with excellent commercial & technical experience to lead as Chief Executive officer of the company, it entails to liaise with the Chairman and Board of Directors to set and agree the direction for growth and provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team to drive the profitablity and sustained growth.
The CEO will also be ensuring the effective implementation of the company’s business strategies and growth plans as well as overseeing the execution of the strategy with the following in tandem:
- Strategy formulation and implementation.
- Leadership in coating industry & segment around East and Central Africa.
- Must be a visionary and lead by the example.
- Should be customer-oriented profile.
- Must believe in transparency and accountability.
Below are few details, which can assist for in depth understanding:
- Advises the Board on the prudent plan.
- Advocates / promotes organization and stakeholder change related to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Supports motivation of employees in organization products/programs and operations.
- Visionary & Information Bearer:
- Ensures staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information.
- Looks to the future for change opportunities.
- Interfaces between Board and employees.
- Interfaces between organization and community.
- Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the Board.
- Decides or guides courses of action in operations by staff.
- Oversees operations of organization.
- Implements plan.
- Manages human resources of organization.
- Manages financial and physical resources.
- Sales & Marketing:
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of products.
- Ensure best within the industry in terms of product positioning and spread across the country and neighboring regions.
- Be a market leader in whatever the offering the company provides.
Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management:
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
Human Resource Management:
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Must lead by the example by harmonizing culture that should build the organization to be preferred and respected within the footprints where it spreads across the geographical reach.
- 10-12 years working experience in senior management
- Experience in a similair non food FMCG GM / CEO role
- Experience within system orientated companies
- Experience working in the European market
- Africa experience NOT a must