JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is a leading producer and supplier of premium quality oils and fats for the food manufacturing industry. Since they want to expand their export market, they are looking for a Sales Manager for the West African region.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and establish potential customers for the sales initiative of the company
- Generate the sale of company products in the region in accordance to agreed sales targets
- Planning, Implementation and evaluation of critical initiatives that delivers market share and profit growth within assigned region.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales engagement with customers
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure constant availability of company’s products and services across the region to achieve or exceed agreed targets
- Ensure accurate delivery of product request at a timely manner
- Gather market data or intelligence on competitor activity.
schedules and provide customers with superior levels of service to meet the needs of the customer
- Establish and ensure that sales administration policies and procedures relating to the scope of work are properly implemented to support the company’s efforts to achieve sales targets
- Maintain and develop good relationship with customers through personal contact or meetings or via telephone
- Ensure efficient gathering of market and customer information to enhance price negotiations
- Ensure accurate records of orders and sales figures
- Identify and inform management on trade trends within the vegetable oil industry
- Design and lead major initiatives within assigned region with the aim of gaining advantage over the competition.
Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Maintain contacts with all departments especially finance team on matters concerning payment from customers.
Responsibility for Company Asset
Has responsibility to ensure all assets of the company are maintained properly.
1. Educational Qualification
• BSc Marketing or Administration
2. Previous Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ sales experience with oil and fat industry (must have)
• Sales experience within the West African Region
3. Technical Skills
• Ability to identify potential markets
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Working experience in the West Africa Region
• Fluency in French ( huge preference)
• High level integrity
• Self-driven result oriented
• Can do attitude and persistent
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Time Management : Uses time effectively and efficiently
• Nationals from Ghana or West African countries are highly preferred for this position
1. OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Head of Production supervises, leads and continuously develops the production capabilities of the Company. A strong focus is on the production of glues and adhesives (casein, white glues etc.), the production of styrene acrylic, the production of hygiene chemicals (caustic soda etc.) and on the production of consumer chemicals (liquid dish wash, detergents, textile care products etc.). New projects in the agro-chemical space (liquid glucose, modification of starch etc.) are likely. The Head of Production will play a critical role in the development of new product and projects, and hence in achieving the ambitious growth targets of the Company.
2. ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB POSITION
- Master in Chemistry or related subject mandatory, Ph.D. a bonus (preferred area: polymer technology)
- Certifications in relevant management topics are a bonus (health, safety and environment; human resources; production and process improvement etc.)
- At least 10 years of experience in the production of specialty chemicals; experience in the production of casein glue is a must, experience in some of the relevant products like styrene acrylic, hygiene chemicals, consumer chemicals and agro-chemicals are strongly desired.
3. KEY TASKS /RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB POSITION
• Production oversight: Day to day supervision of production of all products of the Company
• Production setup: Continous improvement of existing production processes and set up of production processes for new production lines
• Production and supply chain planning: Interaction with sales teams to prepare short and long term production plans, and definition of procurement plans
• Quality Assurance: Continous monitoring of product quality and implementation of recommendations from Quality Control and Internal Audit Departments
• Product development: Research and development of new chemicals products across the entire range of products of the Company (paint chemicals, glues / adhesives, hygiene, consumer chemicals, agrochemicals etc.)
• Project development: Support of conceptualization and implementation of new business projects, i.e. new production lines and factory extensions
• Team management: Identification of manpower needs and skills requirements, continous development of the skills and knowledge of the production team, performance management, identification and support of personal and professional growth of high performers
4. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
• Location of work is Lagos, Nigeria
• Housing in residential area (Ikeja) will be provided, includes all services, electricity, water
• Provision of personal steward for cleaning and cooking
• Provision of company car (Toyota Corolla) with personal driver
• International Health Insurance package
• 30 days of paid vacation
• One business class flight home for annual leave
• Local allowance of ca. USD 1,000 per month (in local currency)
• USD salary for monthly savings of USD 4,000 to 5,000 per month, depending on experience and qualification of candidate
5. THE COMPANY
• The Company is one of the leading specialty chemical companies in Nigeria
For one of our clients in the metal processing industry, we are seeking a General Manager with operational experience in Aluminum powders and granules for various applications in different industries. The ideal candidate develops and maintains business relationships with existing and potential customers to meet sales objectives within the region. The ideal candidate has the responsibility but also the freedom to adapt global strategies to the local market, while implementing performance management and talent management, and maintaining a positive team atmosphere. You are encouraged to spend time with customers, working hands-on in addition to your management activities.
• Plan and organize production and delivery schedules.
• Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
• Ensure that production and administrative processes run reliably and efficiently by planning and organizing schedules and resource requirements (raw materials, people, equipment, PPE, work tools, etc.)
• Observe production and administration to resolve issues.
• Continuously monitor and report production performance parameters such as volumes produced, inventory, yield etc.
• Thoroughly understand all equipment used for production and product handling.
• Understand different products and their handling requirements and ensure adherence to strict quality control standards and avoid deviations, rejections, and double handling.
• Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees.
• Manage discipline, grievances, time, and attendance and ensure overtime is kept within legal limits.
• Bachelor's degree in metal engineering, marketing, business administration, or related
• 5 years plus experience in the liquid metal operation of the steel or other metal industry
• Strong networker with excellent writing, vocal and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly analytic, organizational, and creative thinking skills
• Proactive posture with a high sense of entrepreneurial necessity and urgency
• Experience in developing innovative commercial strategies and leading both direct sales force and channel routes to market.
• Results driven, proactive and a systematic, problem-solving oriented way of thinking.
• Interpersonal skills and leadership qualities to build and lead a cohesive, focused, and motivated team.
• A reliable person inspiring confidence and able to deal with people at all levels.
• Empathetic with listening skills.
• An assertive and responsive leader and a good team player at the same time.
• An open, outgoing, and robust person with natural self-confidence.
• A strong communicator and an inspiring and pro-active leader.
• Pragmatic with high integrity and a drive for doing things professionally.
• Intelligent and analytical with helicopter view and a positive and constructive way of thinking.
• Good business understanding and at the same time extremely quality conscious with sense of important details.
Are you interested?
Apply here and include your application letter and updated CV.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in KZN? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
The Business Development Manager (Africa) is responsible for meeting and exceeding the shipment budget for Sub Saharan Africa areas as well as ensuring that the P&L is met. The role works from the South African office in Durban and collaborates with the GM and the Commercial Manager (Middle East & South & East Africa) in developing and implementing the sales strategies and growth initiatives for all product lines within their area of responsibility.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales & Marketing:
• Design, implement and continuously develop the Sales & Marketing strategy in Sub-Saharan Africa achieving profitable market penetration, growth and share.
• Guide commercial direction, pricing and business development of STC in Sub-Saharan Africa with local agents in line with regional and global goals.
• Support Management in the development of strategic projects within their area of responsibility.
• Assist the General Manager in projects and management tasks as they arise.
• Supervise and direct Sub-Saharan Africa STC agents, helping solve commercial and operational issues as they arise either internal or with agents directly.
• Responsible for sales, marketing, and customer account plan development within their area of responsibility.
• Participate and actively contribute in local staff and management meetings.
• Regularly monitor and report on the profitability of business performed (exports and imports-as necessary) and new business developed or lost in the areas of sales control.
• Assist in preparation and coordination of yearly and monthly shipments and revenue budgets.
• Assist in completion of sales presentations when required by sales managers & agents representing the area of control.
• Gather, register and report information on competition activities or other relevant data in their area of control.
• Evaluate new suppliers, logistics solutions and operational improvement opportunities within your area of control.
• Support operations strategy development by Operations Manager for Sub-Saharan Africa focusing on profit maximization, volume and market share growth.
• Monitor equipment balance, supply and flow of STC assets within your area of control, within the established structure of regional and global fleet planning.
• Highlight to the Operations Manager, Commercial Manager and if necessary the General Manager any problems affecting the handling, operation, billing or invoice collection for business in your area of control.
Accounting & Reporting:
• Assist Accounting and General Manager with accounts receivable problems on customers within his area of responsibility.
• Ensure that any specific accounting instruction and agreements with customers are properly communicated and implemented within the area of control.
• Ensure regular reporting requirements are met as needed by the local or division management.
Qualifications and Experience:
• University or college degree preferred.
• 5 years experience in Tank container or logistics industry. 3 years of prior sales or marketing experience desired.
• Strong business and personnel management skills.
• Strong international business experience and awareness of cultures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be ethical, organized and goal oriented.
• Self starter, able to work from remote locations without oversight for periods of time, able to determine and define priorities for sales contact / activity.
• Able to extensively travel within Africa.
• Able to work as a team player.
• Able to formulate and modify strategies as needed.
• Licensed driver
Are you interested in becoming a Business Development Manager in Sub-Saharan Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page or email your CV with a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
25 years ago our client started its business from Dar es Salaam. They produce, sell and deliver paints all over Tanzania. In order to increase their cleint database of 500+, increase revenue and realise their expanding over other East African countries they are now looking for a new CEO.
The CEO will be reporting directly to the board and has appr. 24 direct reports, 300 indirect.
The position is part of the aspiration to become high performing in product offering, productivity, lean and profitable organization to become best in its class of assets, people, processes, system and Brand to fulfill the mission & vision of the company.
About the position:
This position exists for a talented individual with excellent commercial & technical experience to lead as Chief Executive officer of the company, it entails to liaise with the Chairman and Board of Directors to set and agree the direction for growth and provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team to drive the profitablity and sustained growth.
The CEO will also be ensuring the effective implementation of the company’s business strategies and growth plans as well as overseeing the execution of the strategy with the following in tandem:
- Strategy formulation and implementation.
- Leadership in coating industry & segment around East and Central Africa.
- Must be a visionary and lead by the example.
- Should be customer-oriented profile.
- Must believe in transparency and accountability.
Below are few details, which can assist for in depth understanding:
- Advises the Board on the prudent plan.
- Advocates / promotes organization and stakeholder change related to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Supports motivation of employees in organization products/programs and operations.
- Visionary & Information Bearer:
- Ensures staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information.
- Looks to the future for change opportunities.
- Interfaces between Board and employees.
- Interfaces between organization and community.
- Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the Board.
- Decides or guides courses of action in operations by staff.
- Oversees operations of organization.
- Implements plan.
- Manages human resources of organization.
- Manages financial and physical resources.
- Sales & Marketing:
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of products.
- Ensure best within the industry in terms of product positioning and spread across the country and neighboring regions.
- Be a market leader in whatever the offering the company provides.
Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management:
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
Human Resource Management:
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Must lead by the example by harmonizing culture that should build the organization to be preferred and respected within the footprints where it spreads across the geographical reach.
- 10-12 years working experience in senior management
- Experience in a similair non food FMCG GM / CEO role
- Experience within system orientated companies
- Experience working in the European market
- Africa experience NOT a must