JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our goal is to become the most influential inclusive growth consultancy in the world.
We have established ourselves in our chosen markets and within the global community of international development actors and are now expanding into new markets with a business model based around partnership, co-ownership, and growth-sharing. If you an entrepreneurially minded development practitioner with a commitment to excellence, this is an opportunity for you.
We believe that international development should be a little more focused on growing the skills, agency and commercial value of the markets being supported, and a little less focused on doing so in donor markets. As a partner, you will be part of a high performing team, empowered and incentivised to grow value in yourself and your market.
You will be responsible for your own portfolio, delivering consultancy services for clients, building a suite of projects and initiatives, and collaborating with partners across the business to leverage our collective strength and experience. You will deepen your existing influential relationships with governments, donors, the private sector and civil society, spearheading the application of Expectation State’s model in your market, for your market.
We work hard to be much more than a consultancy company, advocating for changes in how governments, the private sector and donors operate, for the ultimate goal of more inclusive states, economies and communities; we want our collective opinions to shape how we deliver for our counterparts.
We’re a small, rapidly growing, ambitious company wanting to make an impact. If you think you’re a fit for that then we’d love to hear from you.
Leadership and Representation
• You will be the voice of Expectation State in your area of geographic or technical expertise. Represent our mission and deliver excellence. Play a role in steering Expectation State as a whole.
• Generate leads and opportunities, and secure projects and consultancy using networks and positioning, supported by colleagues across the business.
• Deliver billable consultancy days to clients, providing high quality technical services to grow more inclusive states, communities and economies.
• Direct and manage projects in your portfolio; technically and financially.
Recruit and manage project teams
• Bring the best available consultants into your pursuits and projects.
Manage profit centre finances
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of your portfolio’s financial position and forecast.
Grow and maintain network
• Take meetings, have conversations and grow the Expectation State brand in your country or technical area.
You are an ambitious self-starter with proven track record of delivering with, through or alongside international donors. You have confidence in your ability to grow a portfolio of work delivering impact.
You should have a passion for and commitment to the development of your country or technical area, and an appreciation for the potential of inclusive economies and societies. You will need to be equally comfortable representing yourself and the company at senior levels (Ministerial and C-suite) and providing technical inputs as part of the design and delivery of our interventions. You need to be open to new and ambitious approaches and be rooted in your chosen ecosystem. You should be a well established consultant, with the ability to provide high quality inputs as well as manage and direct large projects. You will need to create strong and collaborative relationships with partners and other team members based in other countries.
Specifically, we are looking for:
• Prior experience in your geographic or technical area.
• Understanding of donors, the development sector and associated stakeholders in your chosen market;
• An ability to work with private and public partners, with proven track record of doing so;
• An established consultancy profile that places you at the top end of your market with clients;
• A background of working in politically complex environments;
• Written and spoken fluency in English and the native language of your home market (if different); and
• A hunger to move quickly, make an impact and enjoy yourself.
We are looking for two types of partners:
1. Geographic Partners: You possess an incredible understanding of and network in one of the following home markets:
- South Africa
2. Technical Partners: You’re at the top of your game, with multi-country experience and a focus on one of the following technical areas:
How to apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering email explaining why you are suited to the role. You will receive an automated response with more detail on the role and next steps.
Closing 17 April 2023 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Our client, who supports the protection of natural resources and sustainable economic development amongst MANY other projects and initiatives is seeking an experienced and driven Managing Director, to join their Zambia team. In this role you will lead and support the organisation in its next stage of development and growth across the Southern Africa region.
The role will entail coaching and leading the team; project managing and overseeing current projects, rolling out plans for business development and acquisition; and setting targets to deliver on time, within budget, while running the day-to-day operations, in Lusaka.
Working closely with the executive leadership team, the MD's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Developing new portfolios of projects and building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders for project deliveries, and with regional government bodies
* Developing and implementing a growth strategy to work effectively across Southern Africa
* Providing oversight for all aspects of the work, in liaison with Project Directors; assessing the overall project management workload within the portfolio
* Delegating and managing workload to ensure that projects are being delivered to the highest standard of efficiency and effectiveness
* Being responsible for all staff requirements and queries and the Human Resource Systems
* Overseeing all project finances (budgeting, forecasting, execution) for projects managed, or co-managed
The desired candidate will have but not limited to:
* A minimum of 10 years' experience in being responsible for timely project delivery updates and related challenges, while managing a passionate team
* An excellent understanding of donor relations and knowledge of the NGO ecosystem in Southern Africa
* Excellent knowledge of trends, policies and procedures of a range of donor agencies
* Post-graduate degree in relevant discipline preferred
If you are interested, please apply here or send an email to email@example.com
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
Are you passionate about match making and are exited to work accross the African market? Are you experienced in executive recruitment & head-hunting? Have you placed candidates at C-suite and senior management levels? Do you love open communication with clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
World Recruitment Centre, trading as JobnetAfrica, helps business in Africa gain profit and time since 2011, by sending them the top 5% professionals IN the market, not just ON the market.
We are looking for an Executive Recruiter & Head-Hunter, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit and head-hunt for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are all Africa experts, based in Africa. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Handing our clients a solution to their problem, which is time, money or team related
• Function as a knowledge base and strategic partner for the client
• Take on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Help designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Adding a bit of fun and humour to the team!
• Proven work experience as an Executive Recruiter & Head-Hunter, with experience in multiple sectors
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and LinkedIn recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• Has an adventurous side, loves traveling and exploring
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you work partly from home and our office in Cape Town
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Sales Representative to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for gaining new accounts as well as managing existing accounts. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about cold calling and sales,
• Does NOT need previous experience in recruitment, selling of services is a pre
• Loves traveling and exploring new areas (6x per year)
• Has a vast international network in Africa or a part of Africa,
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
• Has an network within an international environment,
• French is a pre, but no must
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
• A strong (recruitment) brand name,
• An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
• An international team
• Working in Johannesburg at our office and from home
• Full time / part time / flexible working options,
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Excellent financial structure with variable component
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you the Managing Director we are looking for?
Are you ready to lead the company of our client, which aims to tackle Africa’s emerging development challenges? Do you have a passion for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and capacity building? Then we might be looking for you.
The Managing Director is a dynamic and inspiring leader of the team, and is accountable for the sustainability and growth of the company. He reports directly to the board, which includes experienced professionals from both NGOs and the private sector.
1. Leadership: Motivate and mentor the team
• Being a team player on projects and lead by example.
• Creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for all partners and colleagues
• Create a learning environment and seek and give constructive feedback
2. Business Management: Overseeing the financial health of the company and providing strategic direction for growth and sustainability
• Regularly review financial reports and approve expenses
• Ensure the organization is adhering to local laws and operating as a socially responsible business
• Engage the organization's Board of Directors in key decisions, prepare regular updates, and support recruitment of new board members as needed
• Lead the creation of operating procedures, financial forecasts and targets, annual and strategic plans, updated governance manuals, quarterly reviews, and performance reviews
3. Partnerships: Build and maintain relationships with staff, potential project partners and consultants
• Recruit new consultants and team members
• Manage relationships with key partners
• Represent the organization's interests in partnerships, while looking for synergy and collectively beneficial opportunities
4. Marketing and Communication: Lead and oversee new business opportunities and company sales
• Watch trends in the creative and or communication industry and the development sector
• Brainstorm with colleagues, partners and clients on new proposals
• Write and review bids and new proposals
• Review and approve external communication
5. Creative: Contribute to the development of new services and products
• Lead and oversee design reseach and co-creations
• Conceptualise innovative social and behaviour change communication and capacity building strategies and tools
• Work with designers, content developers, illustrators and researchers to define or refine solutions
• Occasionally develop content for company communication and new products
• Ensure services and products apply user-centered design principles and meet the organization's quality standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field (social sector enterprise, communication, design, SBCC etc.)
• Experience in mentoring, motivating and supervising teams and individuals
• Experience with volunteering or working in Africa, working with local counterparts
• The ability to facilitate workshops, strong presentation skills and influence internal and external discussions at all levels
• Strong English writing and communication skills
• Business acumen, with business strategy development, operational planning experience and financial planning
• Knowledge of Human-Centered Design in the creative industry is preferred
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to travel frequently within East Africa and Uganda itself
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Netherlands-African Business Council (NABC) is the leading organisation for trade and investment facilitation for Africa in the Netherlands. At NABC we believe that the Dutch private sector has a prominent role to play in the sustainable development of the African continent. Therefore, NABC’s purpose is to inform, inspire, catalyse, and connect businesses with Africa’s opportunities and to assist businesses in making confident decisions about when, where, and how to do business in Africa. NABC currently has a network of approximately 250 engaged and diverse members and has access to a community of over 10,000 African and European businesses, institutes, government entities and others interested in doing business in Africa.
For our team in The Hague, The Netherlands, we are looking for a Program Manager Agribusiness who will focus on our Livestock (Beef, Poultry, Dairy, and aquaculture) activities. This person will be reporting directly to the agribusiness Team leader and will be responsible for our livestock portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- You coordinate the current programmes aimed at the livestock sector, coordinate NABC's sector platforms in this sector.
- Managing the (local) project team(s) and doing market scans, stakeholder research, implementing programmes with local partners and identifying local demand for Dutch Agri knowledge and technologies.
- Maintain good relations with (Dutch and African) members, project partners, local sector players and the public sector such as ministries and embassies.
- Strategically develop and grow NABC’s livestock portfolio of activities and position in the market both here in the Netherlands and across Africa.
- Manage all current livestock related activities and programs in close collaboration with our partner organizations and network of offices across Africa.
- Promote and position the Dutch livestock sector, in particular members of NABC, in Africa, based on good market information.
- Develop, acquire, and manage strategic and relevant livestock related programs, projects, and members.
- Inform and advise stakeholders in the Netherlands and Africa about business opportunities and Dutch solutions specific to the horticulture/ poultry sector, including access to various financial instruments.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the local embassies and the regional offices and other relevant sector organisations.
- Recognize and exploit opportunities and synergies with Dutch funded ‘aid to trade’ programmes as well as other public and private sector funding instruments for the benefit of our Dutch and African members.
- Overall, support to our livestock members in the provision of high-quality products and services including reporting to both our members and internally.
- Engage in other tasks such as marketing, promotion and branding of your sector across Europe and Africa.
- A relevant educational and professional background with over 3 years in or with the livestock sector in the Netherlands, in a commercial and or public sector setting.
- Knowledge and experience in program and project management.
- Minimal Bachelor’s degree but preferably a master’s degree in relevant subjects as Agriculture, livestock, Economics and or Business Management.
- A self-starter comfortable with a client facing role. The candidate has had direct responsibility for acquisition from idea generation to contracting and execution.
- Proactive networker with a good eye for business opportunities and able to secure business through members and clients of NABC.
- Track record in program development/ project management/ reporting/ proposal writing (experience with European or world bank related bids is a pre).
- Familiar with key Agriculture Funding opportunities/ partners. Experience in consortium building would be an extra advantage. Able to develop, acquire, manage, and deliver on large livestock programs relevant to agriculture (dependent) sectors independently and proactively.
- Ability to both lead and supervise teams as well as to act in a more supporting role in a team.
- Strong communicator internally and externally.
- Strong planning and budget control skills.
- A working proficiency BOTH in Dutch and English, (French is an absolute bonus).
- Affinity with Africa. Experience in or working with Africa is a plus.
- Able to work independently, and in a team, with an eye for detail and a ‘hands-on’ mentality.
- Required to be available as soon as possible.
- Living in or around The Hague, and available preferably 5 days per week.
WHAT WE OFFER
A dynamic job in an international setting where you will be involved daily with the agricultural sector, specifically livestock, and economic developments and opportunities in African countries. A relatively flat organization that will give you room to grow quickly an define the way you express yourself professionally. An opportunity for you to gain more knowledge on how the private sector stimulates sustainable and fair economic development in Africa. Do you like to get things done and are you good at switching between various stakeholders, such as Dutch and African agribusinesses, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Dutch and African embassies? Who knows, we might be looking for you! A competitive salary based on your experience and fit.
An assessment and thorough reference check will/can be part of this procedure. NABC appreciates all expressions of interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Are you interested in becoming a Programme Manager Agribusiness in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.