JOB SEARCH RESULT:
We are currently looking for an experienced management couple to take over the management of a privately owned 40.000 hectare 4 star lodge bordering the CKGR, Botswana.
- At least 3 years management experience in a 4 or 5 star lodge operation.
- Good administration skills, good F&B background preferable.
- Experience in dealing with high end clientele and an excellent understanding of high end lodge standards and services.
- A strong passion for the bush and willing to work in a remote area for long periods.
- Exceptional personal skills with both guests and staff.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Understand the logistics of working in a remote environment.
- Being an Botswana citizen or having a Botswana work permit is preferable, if not, relevant tertiary qualifications (preferably a degree or diploma in hospitality/tourism or similar qualification) are essential for obtaining a work permit.
- It is absolutely imperative that the one of the couple is an experienced and qualified trails guide. An SKS qualification would be highly advantageous.
- The other of the couple being a head chef would be highly advantageous.
Key areas of responsibility
- Run the total daily operation of the lodge.
- Overseeing and managing the overall guest experience at the lodge.
- Maintaining a high service ethic and standard across all aspects of the lodge.
- Operating and guiding the daily game drives.
- Accounting and basic administration.
- Complete staff management.
- Stock control, ordering and monthly stockreporting.
- Liase with tour operators, booking agencies and air charters.
- Overseeing and quality control of housekeeping.
- Managing and building relationships with key suppliers and agents.
- Basic maintanance.
If the one of the couple being a chef,
- Supervision of kitchen staff and food preparation, in line with the lodges standard.
- Must be able to think creatively and be able to prepare meals for all dietary types.
- Quality control of food, food presentation and service.
- Effective stock controlling and administration of orders to minimize shortages and wastage.
-Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standard.
Start date January 2018
Salary is negotiable on experience, full live in with good accommodation on offer.
Suitable qualified and experienced management couples are welcome to submit their credentials through for consideration.
More information or applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.