JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Benin, limited to the local cashew processing industry. Chain development has the priority, with strong focus on food crop production and processing. The farm has a capacity to process 1500 ton of biological, fair trade and conventional cashew nut kernels and they have about 300 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
For this factory we are looking for a General Manager to replace the current General Manager per August 2016. This person should be a senior manager, with an affiliation with Africa and good leadership-, coaching, communicative skills (intercultural) and good financial insight.
For the daily running of the operation we are recruiting a General Manager for the plant in Benin. The purpose of the job is to ensure the future of the company and to make sure it is profitable, with a focus on finance and purchasing processes.
The position is part of the aspiration to become good performing in product buying, productivity, lean and profitable organisation and to fulfil the mission & vision of the company.
* Oversees and manage operations of all accounting and purchasing operations
* Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial reports and forecasts
* Responsible for business processes and optimisation and internal controls
* Strategy formulation and implementation and development of business plan Coach the management team on finance, acquisition and sales
* Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies goals
* Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
* Identified key deliverables and implement weekly KPI to measure performance
* Make financial rapports for the manager and shareholders, as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock level
* Senior Manager with 5+ years of experience in a management role, with a strong focus on finance
* Thorough knowledge of financial principles and procedures, such as making budgets, financial reports and cash flows.
* Experience in working in (West) Africa
* Good understanding of the English and French language written and spoken
* Must be a visionary and lead by the example
* Should be a customer-oriented and result-driven person
* Good communication skills
* Enthusiastic, accurate
* Structured in work methodology
* Stress resistant and flexible
Reporting to Head Office in The Netherlands
Size of team 4 direct, 300 employees indirect