JOB SEARCH RESULT:
To formulate and implement strategy of the sales and marketing department to ensure a strong, innovative, and well positioned and growing sales operation in line with business objectives.
Support business growth strategies to help meet company goals and Budget. Formulates, together with the General Manager, the commercial strategy, consistent with the business strategy.
Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the department, including budget(s), market developments, financial and other business objectives.
Develops and maintains an efficient sale, (support) organization, according to the framework of the year plans, to obtain the quantitative and qualitative sales targets. Provide on-the-ground support for sales and technical as they generate leads and close new deals.
Manage Key accounts in the region.
Oversee demand planning and customer service to optimize support processes.
Organizes, manages, develops, and staffs the department in line with corporate guidelines, to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimization of business results. Coaches his/her team on a regular basis to achieve team and individual targets.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Biological sciences OR Veterinary medicine plus a Master’s/ MBA
A university degree in business or biological science and at least 3 years of relevant experience or Diploma with 5 years relevant experience. An MBA is an added advantage.
Industry knowledge and experience – preferably fish nutrition experience OR animal nutrition experience
Frequent travelling within the region doing client visits and business development
Excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites
Coaching: can guide and develop the team for optimal business growth and development.
Adaptability: Has the ability to quickly adapt to dramatic and continued changes in the workplace or environment or changes in the way things are done. Has a high learning agility to either grow vertically or horizontally.
Guiding the business: Knows company's goals, objectives, strategy, needs, strengths, and weaknesses to understand the capabilities and resources available to address the market opportunities and are better placed to guide staff.
Communication: Report writing and presenting at senior management level. Synthesizes information and can communicate the big picture to executive-level clients, peers, and team members. Gaining others support for ideas, proposals, and solutions, and getting others to take action to advance work objectives.
Technical, sales, and sales support team.
Key accounts, Customers, Distributors,
Government–Policy, Legal & Compliance issues
Financial controller / head of finance and accounts / internal audit
Overall in charge of the accounts department, internal control, finance. Advising the management and owner on the financial strategy. Ensuring effective and efficient running of the business.
- Cost control; monitoring expenditure
- Internal control, policy creation
- Verification of documents related to inventory, payments, import and export of goods
- Verification of internal documents to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Monthly preparation of the management accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of inventories
o Sale goods
- Finalisation of the accounts, coordinating with statutory auditors
- Handling taxation matters and related agencies
- Handling banks
- Handling insurance
- Preparation of Management Information Reports
o Export stock and status of exports
o Imports status updates
o Financial statements (e.g. cashflow statement)
o Financial projections
- Key user of the accounting package; verification that entered information is correct
- Overseeing accounts payable, receivable, payroll preparation
- Excellent accounting knowledge
- Knowledge on import and export formalities
- Internal audit experience
- Knowledge of ERP Package MS Dynamics
- Masters degree in accountancy, finance or relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years experience
- Expat benefits
o SUV + Driver
o 2 flight tickets (Premium Economy) per annum
o Health insurance (excluding dental)
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
In charge of the receiving, warehousing, and timely distribution of goods to other units and the administrative aspects related to that.
Planning and coordination of logistics for the group.
- Monitoring stocks
o Weekly reports to management and other units
o always maintaining minimum stock requirement
- Processing requisitions of other units
o Confirm availability with stock
o Inform Procurement if not available
- Follow up on deliveries
- Monitor receipt, order, assembly an dispatch of goods
o Planning and coordination of the logistics between different units
o Planning and coordination of deliveries with procurement
o Planning and coordination of gate passes for contractors and suppliers
- Implement value adding services in the warehouse
- Efficient space utilization
- Communicate effectively with the different departments
- Focus on planning, 3 months minimum stock
- Daily updates on availability and requirements to relevant departments
- Weekly stock reports, stock control and reconciliation with the database
- Identification of dead stock
- Planning of future requirements
- Responsible for the administration of the department
- Planning of the rotation of staff (weekend assignment)
- Propose solutions to improve the warehouse and logistics department
- Implementation of a barcode system
- Recruitment, coaching of staff
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to prioritize works according to urgency and importance
- Ability to multitask, follow up on different projects, respect deadlines
- Problem solving skills, logical reasoning
- Discipline and following of procedure
- Knowledge of warehouse KPI’s
- Writing of reports
- IT Skills
o Excellent excel skills
o Experience with ERP, preference Dynamics/Navision
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of energy
- Motivator, team leader, strong interpersonal skills
- Pushing people to perform
- Experience of minimum ten years in warehousing and/or logistics
- Good English
- Bsc in logistics, supply chain or business administration
- Strong leadership skills
- Disciplined and trustworthy
- At least 5 years of experience in Nigeria
- Technical knowledge on engineering spares
- Housing in the company compound
- Transport to and from the work location
- 1 month paid leave per annum
- Flight tickets are covered by the company (economy class) to home country
- Insurance (excluding postnatal and dental)
Are you interested in becoming a Warehouse and Logistics Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The procurement and planning officer will develop and execute the company’s purchasing strategy. He/she will oversee the complete purchasing process, while maintaining the code of ethics. Purchases need to be planned and sourced from reliable vendors. The procurement officer must ensure security of supply to guarantee business continuity at any time. He/she needs to evaluate prices continuously, timely delivery needs to be ensured, and administration must be followed up.
Weekly, monthly and yearly budgets need to be drafted.
The Planning Officer will forecast business requirements, monitor inventory, and track consumption to ensure adequate and efficient usage of the services and materials.
This position requires transparency and sound internal communication. With the input of different departments, the maximum of price/quality ratio must be reached.
The environment is fast-paced and rewarding.
Most purchases are for the maintenance of our fleet and then mostly spare parts:
o Generator parts
o Engine parts
o Fishing gear
o Refrigeration parts (compressors)
o Electrical parts
o Winch parts
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of mechanics, engine, compressor, electrical parts
- Strategic mind, forward planning of purchases
- Ability to communicate effectively across different departments
- Experience with MIS reporting
- Willingness to learn
- Good intercultural and personal skills
- Strong negotiator
- Network skills; establish a strong relationship with vendors
- Must function well under pressure (e.g. emergency requirements)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly excel
- Experience with ERP Microsoft Navision/dynamics
- Excellent English speaker
- Familiar with import/export terminology, INCOTERMS
- Africa experience
Targets and KPI’s
- High compliance rate
o Ensure compliance measures are strictly followed
- Supplier evaluation
o Timely delivery
o Quality of product
- Reduction of emergency purchases
- Planning of purchases in relation to expected lead times, minimum stock levels
- Cost saving
- Local staff development
- Bachelor status
- Annual leave of 30 days per annum
- Annual ticket economy class to country of residence
- Company provides accommodation, driver and vehicle, househelp
- Medical insurance
Are you interested in becoming a Procurement and Planning Officer in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for an Operations Manager Sales & Distribution in Ghana. Our client is active in the aquaculture sector in Ghana.
There is a huge potential for growth and in the coming years the company wants to double their production and therefore this role is crucial to them.
The Operations Manager is mainly responsible for managing all Sales and Distribution activities for assigned depots and to all clients. In this role you will also be responsible for managing all staff to achieve sales distribution, merchandising goals, and maximization of store level sales opportunities through in-store promotions and customer service. The company wants to further implement e-commerce and making their products available for different client segments. This by ordering through apps and mobile phones and by being able to track & trace orders and distribution. The modern way of sales and distribution and a customer centric approach.
For this role we are seeking someone with an experience in tech, logistics, tools, data and he/she needs to be used to e-commerce and has ideally worked for a delivery company in Europe or elsewhere. This combined with having an experience in managing an operations, ideally in an African context.
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Manager Sales & Distribution in Ghana in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Location: Akosombo with weekly visit to Accra Head Office
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior HR professional to head the company’s HR function, as a member of the management team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for heading HR for all sites and leading the development and implementation of HR strategies, programs and activities relating to workforce planning, recruitment and staffing, remuneration and benefits administration, labor relations, workforce training & development, HR records management and other relevant diversity initiatives.
The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO. All HR site managers will report directly to the Senior HR Manager.
• Develop HR strategies and administer HR policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance to the Labour Act
• Develop contracting controls and monitoring procedures
• Support in the implementation of a HRIS
• Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of staff
• Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs
• Provide guidance for the determination of competitive and equitable employee compensation
• Plan and coordinate employee functions, suggestion programme, etc.
• Collaborate with the Corporate HR function for the provision of cohesive HR services to all employees
• Lead the coaching and counselling of employees to imbibe the service standards and procedures of the company
• Develop a method to gauge current labour cost with market cost to ensure cost effective recruitment
• Develop an efficient and effective employee appraisal system
Educational Qualifications / Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field. A Master’s Degree is preferable.
• Professional certification in HR and membership of a professional body
• Over six years working experience of which three years must be in management position
• Experience working in a foreign country and similar structure would be a huge advantage.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Extensive and progressively responsible executive experience with all facets of human resources and labour relations management including labour negotiations, developing and negotiating benefits programs, compensation and performance management, talent management and employee relations.
• In depth knowledge of employment laws in Ghana including labour relations law and practice and government regulations and policies as they impact HR
• Extensive understanding of Human Resources Strategic issues and challenges with the ability to conceptualize and implement Human Resources interventions
• Ability to establish and maintain trust, credibility and confidentiality
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of organization change / culture transformation process, and dealing with changing situations
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems.
• General managerial / administration skills
• Team building / conflict management skills
• Coaching / Leadership / Negotiation skills
• Organization and coordination skills
People skills Generic Skills
• Initiative Entrepreneurship / taking ownership
• Analytical Skills / Negotiation Skills
• Self-Management / Interpersonal Skills
• Highly developed senior level management and leadership skills
• Determent and a good decision maker on strategic level
Are you interested in becoming a Senior HR Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position Summary: The Hatchery Manager (HM) will be responsible for production and related activities within our clients large-scale commercial tilapia hatchery. The HM will work closely with the Head of Farming Operations to optimize performance within the existing hatchery and to grow the operation from 4.0m fry per month to >10.0m per month. The HM will provide hands-on leadership and motivation to the hatchery team, with training being a key area of focus. Finally, the HM must be able to contribute independent creative thought and practical actions to overcome operational challenges and meet production goals.
• Oversee and optimize regular hatchery operations including breeding, transfers, feeding, sex reversal, and water quality management
• Collect and maintain robust hatchery data, and actively support initiatives to implement production software
• Develop junior staff through hands-on training and basic academic instruction. Motivate, coach, and retain high performing staff
• Develop, establish, and direct execution of policies and standard operating procedures (S.O.P.’s) to improve consistency of execution in the hatchery
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc hatchery management reports for communication to HFO, plus specific reports on internal trials and experimentation.
• Perform any other tasks required in order for the hatchery to be developed, professionalized, and operated efficiently
• Must have 2+ years experience managing a commercial tilapia hatchery in a rural environment (preferably in Africa)
• Four-year degree in aquaculture or related field (preferred)
• Operational, hands-on, problem-solving mindset
Reporting Lines: The HM will report to the Head of Farming Operations. Supervisors of the various hatchery teams will report directly to the HM.
Location: Siavonga, Zambia (Lake Kariba)
Compensation: Competitive based on applicant experience.
Process and Timeline: Startdate a.s.a.p
About Victory Farms:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish production platform on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have farming operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and on the Rwandan side of Lake Kivu. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
We are looking for a capable and dynamic Production Manager to come in and immediately make an impact on the organization. As Production Manager you will be tasked to scale our extensive cage-based production operations at Lake Victoria or Lake Kivu (both opportunities available) and manage the fish life cycle from stocking to harvest. You will be based at either one of our Kenyan or Rwandan farms and report directly to our Group Chief Aquaculture Officer, playing an integral role in the leadership team of our growing organization.
What we’re looking for:
• The successful candidate is likely to have a good solid background in agricultural/aquacultural sciences and/or general management, preferably with at least a B.Sc. level of education
• 8+ years in commercial-scale cage-based aquaculture with operating experience as either Farm Manager or Production Manager
• Excels in a startup environment
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
• Be willing and ready to relocate to rural Kenya or Rwanda
• Fluent in English
• Working alongside our CEO, Group CAO, and Commercial leaders to plan and implement production targets
• Coordinating day-to-day operations across Lake Feeding and Fish Handling teams
• Recruiting and upskilling local labor force to build a best-in-class aquaculture team
• Managing feeding regimes, fish handling, and fish health closely to ensure growth, FCR, and survival targets are met.
• Daily and weekly reporting and analysis of key KPIs leveraging Aquamanager software