JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Position: Financial Controller
Reporting to: Finance Director
This role requires a highly analytical financial professional who oversees the accounting, financial strategic planning, controls, and financial reporting for our commodity, farm input/machinery and tender businesses in Ghana and performs regular financial analysis.
He or she works closely with the Head of each business to understand spending and revenue patterns and develop solutions that overcome problem areas and mitigate risk. This Financial Professional needs to have a strong background in Finance and has had experience working in the Agric commodity sector.
Ensuring that company, financial statements are in line with management’s requirements
Recognize patterns in spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
Identify and update Management on risks and come up with possible solutions to mitigate
Perform monthly business review analysis and a financial analysis
Liaise with Group teams on operational and financial review
Monthly reporting to the Group using COGNOS
Maintain an efficient system of accounting records
Review and improve the Company’s set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk
Enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results
Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
Develop budgets that meet the requirements of the businesses
Strong credit control functionality to improve liquidity
Supervise all audit and internal control processes
Liaising with Finance and SAP teams
Lead activities associated with process improvements, timely reporting, and the development of appropriate systems to ensure that financial transactions, policies, and procedures are in line with the Company’s objectives
Accounting software, SAP and improving functionality
Manage and develop the Finance team by reviewing the current team and adjust the structure and the team to improve the performance of the department
Coach, develop and performance manage the accounting team
An advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
A Chartered Accountant qualification is essential
A Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, ideally in the Agric Commodity sector
A thorough understanding of business and financial principles and practices
Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
SAP or similar software knowledge is essential
Experience in managing, developing, and leading a team
A high sense of Integrity
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build trust and relationships with employees, business managers and Financial Institutions
Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, multicultural, multidisciplinary team and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet objectives
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Strong Excel skills
For one of our clients, who strives to uplift farming communities, we are seeking passionate and motivated Country Heads in Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, to join their Climate Desk Team. In this role you report directly to the Head of Climate Desk, based in Europe.
• Coordinate delivery of Climate desk projects, like Afforestation & Cookstove programs, but also projects related to Biomass & Soil carbon
• Ensure in-country cross vertical cooperation to allow for smooth delivery of Climate Desk projects
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders for Climate desk project deliveries: Country Heads and Management, federal and regional government bodies
• Provide the head office with timely project delivery updates, any related challenges, and any significant regulatory changes relevant to operations
• A minimum of 5 years project management experience in Commodity trading, and/or Agriculture, and/or Carbon, and/or Sustainability and/or Traceability
• Project delivery and management related to voluntary carbon credit schemes
• Good understanding of the project management cycle
• Good analytical and organization skills, ability to prioritize and be multitasking
• Structured, independent, and meticulous way of working
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be a real team player
• Willingness to travel
• Working proficiency in English language and additional languages are a bonus
Are you interested in becoming a Country Head: Climate for Kenya or Tanzania or Zimbabwe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
An expat position for a Managing Director role of a Joint Venture in Algeria. It concerns the premix business for animal feed. The factory was established this quarter and has a Dutch cooperative and an Algerian partner active in animal nutrition as shareholders. They are looking for someone with strong leadership skills combined with sector knowledge, fluent in French and English.
The expat position is part of the Dutch cooperative and is in accordance with the applicable expat policy of this group. The period of residence in Blida/Algeria is for at least 3 years. Relocation after this expat period takes place within the cooperative, which consists of an international network of subsidiaries in various countries in Europe, South America, and Asia.
Main objectives :
• In a first phase you support and ensure the start-up of the new factory including the set-up of the production, the procedures and processes and the teams.
• Ensure the quality and efficiency of the services and functions on site to contribute to the achievement of strategic business objectives of the joint venture.
• Responsible for the operational effectiveness and quality of the site activities.
• Manage all site activities and related costs and efficiencies/yields to ensure the site contribution to the P&L and balance sheet targets.
• Building a strong team of highly qualified teammembers and provide good synchronization and communication with the shareholders.
• Ensuring and facilitating continuous improvement through managed change processes to get the ‘top’ site team.
• Organizing, reporting, (shaping) commenting KPI reporting on weekly and monthly basis to the relevant group functions.
• Representing – where relevant – locally the site - organization to its key customers, business/market partners and stakeholders to strengthen and develop a good cooperation, reputation, and image of the organization.
• Responsibilizing the management team and the plant collaborators through active, no-nonsense meeting and communication structures to inform, target objectives, highlight project progress and results and where necessary adjust the local effectiveness of the site processes.
• Manage the achievement of a Forecasted revenue of 40 Mio €.
Core responsibilities :
• Develop a vision for the JV including a strategic plan and budget. Present and get buy in from the board.
• Establish in consultation with the General Assembly the specific investment needs for the development of the JV.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the Board. Close communication and consultation with the JV partners.
• Translate the company's long-term strategy into short and medium-term annual action plans including but not limited to organization, sales, marketing, production, HR aso.
• Identify/assess and address internal and external challenges jeopardising the operation and future development of the business.
• You manage, organize, plan, and monitor all site functions and related activities (production and supply chain, finance, HR, administration), with support of the group, to ensure achieving the site objectives within the MEA business planning.
• Chair the management committee and supervise the activities of all the departments under your authority by ensuring a policy of cohesion of the management team and by promoting the establishment of a team spirit and a healthy work climate.
• Represent the company towards local administrations, suppliers, partners and in general all third parties having a relationship with the company.
• You report to the board members of the joint venture.
Your profile :
• You are a born leader and coach, interested in people and with good organizational skills.
• You have a strong customer orientation and commercial feeling.
• You manage the factory with a pro-active and hands-on attitude.
• You are sharp, trusted, ambitious and responsible.
• You hold a master’s degree preferably engineer, or by equivalence of experience.
• You have 10 to 15 years of relevant general management experience (preferably but not necessarily in the animal feed industry).
• You have insights in the feed business.
• You master fluently French and English, Arabic is a plus.
Required skills :
- High morality and credibility;
- Charisma and team spirit;
- Cultural and political savviness;
- Strong legal sensitivity;
- Strong flexibility and decision-making skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong capacity for dialogue and negotiation;
- Interpersonal skills and facilitation skills;
- Critical and synthetic spirit;
- Pragmatism and rigor.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Algeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Reporting to: Group Sustainability Project Manager
Our client is investing in an ambitious, decade-long, sustainability program, with activities in coffee producing countries all over the world. Their goal is to be the leading supplier of low-carbon, de-forestation-free coffee, ensuring that their clients are able to meet their pledges on carbon emissions and resource management.
Their supply chain strategy stands or falls on the implementation of a sustainable global farmer engagement program that measurably improves farmer prosperity through coffee growing, promotes resource efficiency, protects environmental capital, reduces carbon emissions and ensures the respect of responsible trading standards in everything they do.
As GCAM you will head the agronomy workstream to develop and drive a program of regenerative agricultural practices and farmer transformation, tailored to each country and farmer segment. You will build and lead local sustainability and agronomy teams to develop and implement tailored programs that drive farmer wealth-creation through sustainable coffee farming. You will play a key role in identifying talent and nurturing team members to run programs at field level, and you will develop training and communication materials to support the work of field teams.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic growing global family business, being part of a transformation that will ultimately put sustainability at the center of our mission, improving engagement with all value chain partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Develop the organization's vision on global agronomy and farmer practices in line with the global sustainability strategy
• Work with each origin to customize farmer training programs that are transformative for farmers and supportive of the market trend towards low carbon emissions and regenerative agriculture.
• Raise farmers standards of living across the supply chain
• Achieve year on year reductions in carbon emissions from coffee farming
• Establish the company as a thought leader on regenerative agricultural practices and low carbon coffee farming.
• Build internal capacity on the ground to implement projects and trainings
• Ensure that all field activities are data driven and impact oriented, with a robust reporting mechanism
• Coach and mentor origin sustainability & agronomy managers on how to embed best practices within their field teams
• Ensure field teams are equipped with knowledge, best training practices and customer facing skills (customer = farmer)
• As a key member of the sustainability team, you will participate in strategy formulation and planning, working in tandem with senior management on client facing opportunities and project proposals for funding or partnership
• Presentations and workshops with stakeholders, representing the company in relevant forums
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Advanced qualifications in tropical agriculture, preferably to PhD level
• Multi-year experience in managing global agricultural projects, preferably in a smallholder environment
• Expertise in agro-forestry systems for tree crops
• All-around business and agronomy skills
• Experience of living and working overseas in an advanced management position
• Ability to travel widely and work with local teams in E.Africa, LatAm, Asia.
• Gravitas, seniority, but approachable as a mentor and team leader
• Ability to work across different cultures and nationalities (good CQ and EQ)
• Willing to adopt flexible working hours in order to cover all geographies
• Ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
Strong verbal and written English; fluency in other languages (Spanish, French) is an asset.
Are you interested in becoming a Global Coffee Agronomy Manager (GCAM) in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are seeking a Head of Sustainability to join our client in North-Eastern Africa (relocating is a must).
The primary responsibilities are to ensure that practices, processes, products and procedures are ethical, sustainable and environmentally friendly. The ideal candidate will ensure and be consistent with our client's statement of purpose, implemented to improve the quality of life for people in the country by investing in social programs that are consistent with their strategy.
In conjunction with the Head of Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact you will oversee the creation and implementation of a Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact Strategy and help the organisation understand that pursuing such a strategy will enhance local traditions, driving innovation, supporting education and promoting local, sustainable sourcing, amongst many other benefits.
- Jointly with the team further develop the Sustainability Strategy
- Ensure professional and accurate project and overhead budgeting
- Project management (control) processes, implementation and reporting
- Ensure that the Sustainability Strategy supports general and client specific certifications and requirements
- Represent the company towards sustainability and specialty organizations, (N)GO’s and initiatives
They offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a working culture where employees are continuously encouraged to work as a team, have each other's back, and bring the best outcomes in every project. Are you interested in becoming a Sustainability Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
myAgro is an award-winning US-based non-profit social enterprise with operations in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. myAgro is at a pivotal moment in its history as it gears up to scale.
Our mission is to move smallholder farmers out of poverty. Our North Star is to increase the incomes of 1 million smallholder farmers by $1.50 a day by 2026. We are now seeking to appoint a Chief Commercial Officer, to join our dynamic and growing team and to lead us towards our mission.
Reporting into the Managing Director Africa, the Chief Commercial Officer (a newly created role) will drive myAgro’s mission to serve 1 million farmers in West Africa. You will define the partnerships, strategies and team required to deliver our innovative layaway model at scale. You will drive our thinking to deliver a consistent, superior customer experience across every customer touchpoint. You will combine your customer-oriented approach and experience with scaling a sales organization to deliver a differentiated operating model which focuses on creating customer value across multiple sales channels, moving bottom of the pyramid customers towards self-service products/service, while delivering engagement, loyalty and happiness.
You will bring significant experience of leading multi-country sales teams and scaling teams to success in Africa. You will be highly entrepreneurial - motivated to build and sell, as well as analytical with strong complex problem-solving skills. You will be dedicated to excellent customer service and to improving quality of life among families and rural communities experiencing poverty.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you fulfil the role description and personal specification to https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies/ quoting reference 5605. The deadline for applications is 9am EST Monday 7th March 2022.
The role is based in Dakar, Senegal and the salary is commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Protecting your personal data is of the utmost importance to Perrett Laver and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information obtained by our trading divisions is held and processed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us with is securely stored on our computerised database and transferred to our clients for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in. As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Perrett Laver is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is ‘Legitimate Interests’. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website: http://www.perrettlaver.com/information/privacy/.
Nous sommes ...
Soufflet, groupe familial agroalimentaire français de dimension internationale (19 pays, près de 7000 collaborateurs et 5 milliards d’Euros de CA). Nous intervenons sur les filières orge, blé, riz et légumes secs dans une démarche de développement durable.
Notre groupe se développe dans la collecte et le négoce international de céréales, la première transformation en meunerie et malterie, les biotechnologies : ingrédients, enzymes et levains sur mesure, la deuxième transformation en boulangerie-viennoiserie- pâtisserie et la distribution en restauration rapide.
Vous travaillez pour …
Malteries Soufflet, maitrise la filière orge dans ses pays d’implantation (27 malteries en Europe, Amérique latine, Asie, Ethiopie) et permet de répondre aux cahiers des charges les plus exigeants de nos clients brasseurs : de la terre à la bière, depuis la sélection de variétés nouvelles ou spécifiques, jusqu’au choix des meilleurs qualités d’orges de brasserie pour ses malteries.
Le metier en quelzues mots...
Manage et pilote l'ensemble des processus de son site en phase avec la politique stratégique de la Division.
Rattaché(e) au Directeur Pays, vous serez amené(e) à :
• Garantir le respect des objectifs de la politique stratégique de la division
• Organiser les moyens humains, financiers et techniques du site afin de garantir la fabrication des produits tout en maitrisant les coûts et la qualité
• Piloter les indicateurs de performance du site et mettre en place les actions correctives si nécessaire
• Proposer et superviser les projets d'investissements en relation avec la direction industrielle
• Piloter le processus d'amélioration continue du site
• Animer et diriger une équipe de 4 managers opérationnels
De formation ingénieur agroalimentaire, vous bénéficiez d’une première expérience en direction de site avec management d’équipe, idéalement en expatriation et sur le continent africain.
Vos connaissances des process industriels, de l’amélioration continue, de la gestion d’équipe et votre force de proposition sont des atouts essentiels pour mener à bien vos missions.
Votre anglais est courant.
Poste en expatriation en Ethiopie – Addis Abeba
Vous êtes intéressé(e) par l’agroalimentaire et par un groupe familial international en forte croissance ?
Vous souhaitez évoluer dans un groupe de dimension internationale qui a su garder ses valeurs ?
Alors postulez pour rejoindre le Groupe Soufflet !
About the job
The new CEO will manage the overall operations of the company as well as develop and implement strategies that meet the needs of the employees, stakeholders and customers. You will be responsible for executing the culture of the company and making key decisions.
- Manage all aspects of the company by reviewing and analyzing how the different departments work together
- Make key decisions that will decide the direction the company is going
- Build a productive and progressive workplace culture
- Produce a business plan to expand the business.
- Degree in commerce or agriculture with experience in agricultural operations
- MBA ideally
- 10+ years experience in a business related field
- Strong leadership, communication skills and decision making
- French is a must
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Executive Officer in Gabon? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.