JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our clients vision is to unlock the potential of African agriculture through food processing, whilst they transform the lives of millions of Africans economically, socially and spiritually.
Currently our client has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified, well-motivated and driven individual to fill a role of Group Chief Financial Officer in Pretoria, South Africa.
The individual will be a member of the Board of Directors and work very closely with the Chief Executive Officer and will need to have a strong social fiber as the company’s vision is to reform Africa through its businesses, all the way from the farm to the consumer.
The candidate must share the vision of wanting to impact the continent economically, socially and spiritually. They must also be willing to institute growth across a variety of spectrums, as they take full accountability of financial function, as well as IT. There is an expectation of sound values and high morale coupled with a true sense of caring for Africa and its people.
The overall contributor of this role is to take fully accountability for Foods Business financial planning, accounting principles, and financial operations of the company, including the development of a financial strategy of the group. The individual would also manage the financial aspect of mergers and acquisitions, including but not limited to representing the Foods business to investors.
o Proven record as CFO for major company or division of a medium to large corporation
o Must be a Chartered Accountant
o Minimum 10 years financial management and/or business experience
o Knowledge and love of the African continent, and its people
o French speaking is important, and other foreign languages would be an advantage
o Strong Christian ethos as non-negotiable
The vacancy is open strictly to French speaking candidates, willing to be based/located in South Africa (Pretoria). Preference given to BEE candidates.
Are you interested in becoming a Group CFO in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Chief Technology Officer / West Africa
Country/Regional Name: Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria, based in Ghana
Reporting to: Regional Director, West Africa
Grade: Business Head (Grade 1)
Our client, a leading global commodity merchant and sustainable supply chain management company, is seeking a a Chief Technical Officer to lead on all technology development and integration for its fast growing business in West Africa (Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria) and wil be based in Ghana. By leveraging technology, the CTO will help to standardize and streamline the service delivery, which includes an expanding range of products and services, to their network of over 250,000 smallholder farmers across West Africa.
In order for a ‘commercial expansion’ to be successful, the client must bring standardisation to their product offerings, the people and training on these products and knowledge management. The CTO will be required to solve a number of business problems:
1. Data Mining: How do we seamlessly integrate data collected from multiple input sources and systems into the same platform. How do we draw value from and use technology to make decisions on large quantities of data available from different sources?
2. Spatial economics problem: We are far from our consumers, connectivity to IT and telecoms is basic and technology is rudimentary.
3. How do we move from a largely bricks and mortar to a tech-enabled, Bricks and Click business? How do we move from legacy systems based on centralised computing to mobile money enabled point of sale systems which can operate in rural areas.
4. How do we move into new age technology to provide us with regular and reliable real time information on inventory, sales (including point of sale, credit and mobile money systems), people movements etc?
5. How do we integrate our various systems to provide a single user interface which is robust enough to work in rural areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integration of various systems (IT & business processes) to deliver a common usable interface
Support, through technology, the decision making process and visibility of the process both at field level and at headquarters
Scout for new emerging rural/low tech systems that allow mobile money, POS, credit decision making at field level
Evaluate existing systems in house and manage an offshore tech team to achieve business goals
Negotiate to get value from service providers and outsourcing agencies
Ability to support lifetime value creation of the systems being adopted and clearly demonstrates value versus costs of the IT systems
Create a design process with a shortened life cycle to provide IT solution to problem in business
Evaluate business strategy and long term requirements to ensure that systems does not become obsolete
Support SAP implementation when West Africa SAP process begins
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors in technology plus Masters in Management
Minimum 10 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena
Systems integration experience, ideally as a Chief Technical Officer
Tech background (ideally from startup environment) combined with business knowledge
Experience managing offshore service providers
Strong business development and negotiation skills
Appreciation of the rural tech environment
Interested in Africa and staying in Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Technology Officer in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Job Description: Our client is developing a large irrigated farming hub in northern Ghana.
The Location: The presumption is that the candidate would have a significant presence on site, with the remainder of time at offices in Accra or Tamale.
Term of Contract: Full time, 1 year contract with potential for permanent
Salary: Commensurate to Experience
The Environmental and Social Specialist (ESS) will work with the project team and ESG manager to implement the current ESG Action Plan for the project and develop this further as the project develops. This will involve working closely with the project development team and Community Liaison Officer (CLO).
The role will require a regular presence at the project site in northern Ghana and additional work with the wider team as required in Accra, Tamale and/or UK.
• Day-to-day responsibility for the delivery of the Environmental and Social Action Plan.
• Leading or contributing to specific packages of work such as stakeholder engagement, needs analysis, community development plans, environmental and social monitoring.
• Working with the project development and agriculture teams to act as an interface between the project and affected communities and in-growers.
• Working with the CLO to ensure effective engagement and consultation with people living/working close to or within the project area and wider affected communities.
• Working with the CLO to maintain good community relations and address community concerns as they arise and agree measures to respond to grievances in liaison with the wider project team and grievance committee.
• Supervising environmental and social consultants supporting the project.
• Helping communicate community project health, safety and security measures to promote community, in-grower and worker safety and awareness.
• Managing the project permitting requirements, keeping all up to date and providing reporting as required.
• Liaison with relevant state and regulatory agencies.
• Degree in relevant social science or environmental specialist.
• Demonstrable familiarity and track record of implementing national law and good international industry (GIIP) in Environmental and Social issues.
• Track record of working in line with the requirements of international financial institutions e.g. World Bank, AfDB, Equator Principles and specifically the IFC Performance Standards.
Experience of IFC and GIIP aligned:
a) social baseline data collection;
b) stakeholder engagement and key person interviews and groups with a gender and vulnerability lens;
c) physical and economic displacement and IFC PS5 aligned resettlement and livelihoods restoration – planning and implementation;
d) community needs analysis and development planning;
e) community health, safety and security; and
f) influx management.
g) Proven ability to communicate effectively, understand community and stakeholder perspectives and vulnerabilities and to engage with project affected people and project management teams positively and constructively.
h) An understanding of gender issues in a development context.
i) Proven ability to work safely in remote field locations with limited support.
j) Proven responsibility for day to day management of social studies and delivery.
Valued additional skills and experience include:
• Previous experience working in Ghana and/or West Africa.
• Understanding of traditional land title and rights systems in Ghana.
• Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in English and local languages of Ghana.
• Knowledge of the Northern Ghanaian region and the communities.
Location: Chamba / Lome - Togo
Reporting to: Managing Director/Director General
Size of team 4 direct, 800 employees indirect reports
Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Togo food crop production and processing. The client has two factories in Togo. The factories combined have a processing capacity of over 5000 tons of Raw Cashew Nuts per year. In 2016 – the factories processed roughly 2000 tons of RCN. t There are about 800 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
We are looking for a head of production to have oversight on both factories. This person should be a senior manager, with an affiliation with Africa and good leadership-, coaching, communicative skills (intercultural) and good financial insight. It is critical that this leader has lean manufacturing experience to establish and reinforce best practices at our client.
For the daily running of the operation we are recruiting a Head of Production for the plants in Togo. The purpose of the job is to ensure the future of the company and to make sure it is profitable, with a focus on productivity and quality. Our client has over 10 years of experience in processing Cashew Nuts and has grow organically from processing 40 Tons/Year in 2005 to 2000 tons/Year in 2016. However, the company now has ambition to grow to 5000-10000 Tons processed per year – and the leadership of the company believes that an experienced Lean Manufacturing Leader is required to take the company to the next level.
The company wants to be best in class in RCN purchasing, processing, in CNSL processing – not just with conventional kernels but also in the fair trade and organic markets.
• Oversees and manage all operations of production.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processing.
• Puts in place Lean Manufacturing best practices in both factories in Tchamba and Blitta.
• Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial reports and forecasts
• Responsible for business processes and optimisation and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and implementation and development of business plan
• Coach the management team on production plans
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the company’s goals
• Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Identify key deliverables and implement weekly KPI to measure performance
• Make financial and production reports for the managing director and shareholders, as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock level
• Senior Manager with 10+ years of experience in a management role, with a strong focus on operations
• Some knowledge of financial principles and procedures, such as making budgets and financial reporting.
• Experience in working in (West) Africa
• Industrial background, process management
• Good understanding of the English and French language written and spoken
• Must be a visionary and lead by example
• Should be a customer-oriented and result-driven person
• Good communication skills
• Enthusiastic, accurate
• Structured in work methodology
• Stress resistant and flexible
• € 40.000 nett per annum
• Vehicle, Housing, International Insurance
• Performance based bonus of € 5.000
For one of our ongoing programmes in Tete, Mozambique, we are looking for a Team Leader.
Background of the programme
The objective of the World Bank funded Innovation and Demonstration Catalytic Facility (IDCF) is to improve the ability of smallholder farms/MSMEs in the Zambezi Valley and Nacala Corridor to access markets through market-oriented private and complementary public investments. The IDCF investments have a catalytic role, demonstrating the incremental returns that can be achieved through access to technology and markets. The IDCF therefore supports linkages between medium and large firms and smallholder farms/MSMEs through targeted investments in public goods and services that will be executed by the private sector.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to improve the performance of enterprises and smallholder farms in the Zambezi Valley and Nacala Corridor, focusing on identified high growth potential zones (Growth Poles).
The IDCF has been designed as a demand-driven competitive fund, with the competitive selection process based on demonstrated evidence of benefits to smallholder farms and
MSMEs through business linkages.
As Team leader within ICDF, you are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Overall management of the programme and the team
- Implementation of operations
- Preparation of progress reports
- Stakeholder management, including government, beneficiaries and donors
- Oversight of tenders and grants and review grant procedures
- Masters degree in Economics or Agronomics
- At least ten (10) years of relevant work experience
- Working experience in Southern Africa, in agriculture
- Good knowledge of the agricultural sector in Southern Africa (in particular Mozambique)
- Experience as Team Leader in grant management programmes
- Experience carrying out economic analysis of investment projects
- Previous experience in Mozambique is recommended
- Fluent in English is required, Portuguese is beneficial
- Previous experience in WB funded programmes is beneficial
Employment will be on freelance basis. Input will be full time.
Duty Station: either Maputo or Tete, with frequent travels in the region
Duration of the assignment: January -December 2017, with possibility for extension
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
Context: our client owns a new commercial farm developing 356 hectares of irrigated land on a 730 hectares gross area in rural Ghana. The farm will have 290 ha under centre pivot irrigation and 66 ha under sprinkler irrigation systems. November 2016 will be the start of the first farming season and crops to be planted include maize, sorghum, rice (upland), soya, onions. Produce is dedicated to the local market.
General job description: Our client is looking for a full time farm manager to oversee the farm’s day to day operations and assume the role of the company’s general manager. The position is based on site where our client has an accommodation centre. In addition to agronomic and technical aspects, the farm manager will be responsible for human resources, procurement, marketing and accounting.
Duration contract: fixed annual renewable contracts
Reports to: Board
Responsibilities and tasks:
1. Responsible for overall management and assumes the role of the most senior company representative on site, at the local community and more generally in Ghana.
2. Hands-on management of the farm operations, including any technical and agronomic aspects: manages irrigation equipment, farm machinery, workshop, relevant application of agro-inputs, etc.
3. Responsible for the preparation and implementation of crop protocols, SOPs and cropping plans to be approved by the board
4. Prepare monthly reports and operational budgets with the support of an accountant.
5. Responsible for procurement of agro-inputs
6. Responsible for marketing of farm produce
7. Responsible for all human resources aspects, including staff recruitment and management.
8. Maintain stock levels of critical farm inputs and spare parts
9. Manage the health & safety and environmental policies of the company.
10. Evaluate current practices and identify improvement paths.
11. Involved in relationship with local community, with the help of the company’s community liaison officer, particularly as part of the company’s grievance process.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture or related
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in farm management position, preferable in irrigated arable farming
- Willing to live and work in a rural setting
- Good command of English written and spoken
- Computer literate, able to work with MS Office programs and preferably with precision farming software/farm management programs
* Salary ranges from USD4.000 – USD5.000 nett, depending on your experience
* Local allowance
* Performance based bonus
* Housing, transport, tickets, international insurance arranged and paid for
* Located on the farm between Kumasi and Tamale
* Long term position 3-5 years
* Start date Sept / Oct, before irrigation system will be implemented
Company Description: Our client is a well-established company specialized in agricultural businesses throughout the west of Africa. For one of their projects in rice they are looking for a Farm Manager.
Job Purpose: To oversee the and manage the workshop for an existing rice farm in the North East of Ghana.
Reports To: Farm Manager
Team size: 6 people
Fleet size: 6 Harvest machines, 8 tractors and up to 25 other machines / vehicles
* Day to day hands on management of the workshop
* Implement and maintain SOP’s, maintenance plans
* Spare part management
* HR and training programs, lifting the level in-house
* Reporting to and advising Farm Manager on technical issues and plans
Requirements: Minimum Qualification and Experience
* A diploma in mechanics
* At least 3 years of work experience as a mechanic, preferably in agricultural machinery
* African working experience an advantage, not a must
* Leadership skills required
* Strong in communication, interacting with and guiding the team
* Salary around USD3.000 nett, depending on your experience
* Local allowance
* Performance based bonus
* Housing, transport, tickets, international insurance arranged and paid for
* Located in the South-East part of Ghana, 1 hr from Tema, 1.5 hr from Accra
* Long term positon 3-5 years
* Growth options into becoming Maintenance Manager for several farms / companies within the group
* Start date a.s.a.p.
Onze opdrachtgever is gespecialiseerd in pluimvehuishouding. In verband met personele wijzigingen binnen de organisatie zijn ze op zoek naar een fulltime:
Met een goede beheersing van de Franse taal
In deze functie ben je verantwoordelijk voor de begeleiding van projecten, vanaf aanvraag tot en met nazorg. Je brengt offertes uit en maakt project tekeningen in AutoCAD. Na verkoop van een project ben je verantwoordelijk voor de voorbereiding, planning, budget, begeleiding en uitvoering van diverse projecten.
Als projectleader is het belangrijk dat je goed kunt communiceren met klanten, dealers en andere betrokkenen binnen een project. Beheersing van de Franse en Engelse taal is noodzakelijk, Duits en Spaans een pré.
Voor deze functie denken we aan een persoon met een technische opleiding op MBO/HBO niveau (bijv. werktuigbouw, bouwkunde, electro techniek) en 2-7 jaar werkervaring. De projectleader heeft een praktische en flexibele instelling.
De werkgever biedt je een afwisselende baan met een grote mate van zelfstandigheid. Ze vragen mensen om eigen verantwoordelijkheid en moedigen hen aan tot persoonlijke ontwikkeling.
In deze baan ben je ongeveer 20% van je tijd op lokatie, veelal in Frans talig Afrika. Affiniteit met Afrika een must.
Ben jij de doorzetter die wij zoeken? Solliciteer dan vandaag nog!