JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client in the Timber industry is currently hiring a Chief Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the team
- Conduct all necessary training to keep the team’s skills and knowledge up to date
- Ensure that all necessary documents are requested, collected, and compiled
- Maintain current and garner new client relationships
- Detect and address potential compliance issues proactively
Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting
Minimum 3 years’ experience in management
Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details
Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers
Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reports to Technical & Sales Manager West Africa
Purpose of the job
The Sales Manager Senegal (or Business Development Manager) formulates the strategy of the feed department within the company strategy framework. He/she will, after approval by the General Manager, implement the strategy through effective design and management of the key areas of the department. This is in order to ensure a strong, innovative, well-positioned and growing operation, which meets the targets of the feed market of French Speaking Africa, and thereby contribute to the performance of the company. The job is reporting to the Technical & Sales Manager West Africa within the organization.
Key performance indicators
Quality of departmental staff
Satisfaction rate of accounts
Speed and effectiveness of signalling market opportunities and translation in actions
Guiding the business
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor degree (preferably in veterinary science or animal husbandry/nutrition)
Minimum 3 years years relevant experience in the region/emerging markets and in a sales environment (preferably in Feed additives)
Good technical knowledge in animal nutrition and veterinary
Experienced in giving farm support, seminars, staff training
Marketing and commercial skills
Good level of English
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager Senegal? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a fast-growing technology company delivering solutions to agribusinesses in emerging markets.
1. To lead the development and retention of new and existing clients in the agribusiness industry in East Africa.
2. Engage in industry building spaces to raise the commercial profile of the company brand and expand commercial network and partnerships.
3. Grow the existing distribution partnerships to increase the scope and reach of the company's commercial activity in East Africa.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Strongly motivated and knowledgable individual that is passionate about agriculture.
2. Degree in business, marketing or related topic. Advanced degree an advantage.
3. 5+ years experience in agribusiness or cold chain logistics in East Africa, particularly in Kenya, and/or
4. 5+ years experience in sales and marketing and B2B sales of technology or services in the East Africa region, particularly Kenya.
5. Strong presentation and communication ability and the ability to communicate with C-Suite level clientele.
6. Fluency in English and a working knowledge of Swahili is an advantage.
7. Experience in commercial work in multiple countries in East Africa.
- Full time role based in Nairobi
- Contract will be base pay and commission
- Full drivers license and having a vehicle is an advantage
- Travel outside of Nairobi and around the region at least 25% of time
- This vacancy is open to Kenyan nationals and internationals that have a valid work permit or permanent residency in Kenya
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sales for East Africa based in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Job location: Nairobi preferred. Johannesburg possible.
Chief Operations Officer Job Description
Our client is a fast-growing technology company delivering solutions to agribusinesses in emerging markets.
The COO role requires a dynamic and experienced professional to bring their expertise to the the company's C-Suite. As Chief Operating Officer you will oversee the short-term performance and execution of the commercial strategy of the company, as well as supporting the continuous development of key business units ranging from design to procurement, project management and sales and marketing.
At high level, you will oversee supply chain management, project development and execution, and take full account for budget and commercial performance. You will provide leadership to the operational team, developing and executing on operational controls and management systems, ensure effective internal communications among the global team and network of stakeholders, and work with the C-Suite and Board to develop strategy and ensure operational cost-effectiveness.
This role will offer a competitive remuneration package, management autonomy and opportunities to build and develop a dynamic and growing business in emerging markets.
Key Responsibilities of the Chief Operations Officer:
• Developing, implementing and overseeing the operational budget
• Developing organisational capabilities and improvement of systems and resources for project development and delivery
• Developing, together with staff and C level peers, sales, sourcing and delivery strategies
• Developing operational excellence in the design, management and execution of commercial cold chain projects, including sourcing, incoming and outgoing logistics, sourcing, manufacturing, certification and compliance.
• Developing, together with staff and C level peers, new business lines and service models from concept and testing to productization and scale.
• Developing and ensuring the delivery of after-sales services.
• Ensuring continuous operational performance improvement by managing changes to strategy, structure and resources
• Responsible for supplier selection, acquisition, contracting, and management both for procurement and after sales
• Manages sales, design, procurement, logistics, project management and after sales staff
• Development and oversight of ERP systems, performance monitoring and reporting standards
• Ensuring operational adherence to applicable industry practice and
• Responsible for health and safety within the Company and suppliers’ compliance
• Responsible for product and projects regulatory compliance to standards, norms and practices in the industry
Who You Are
• A strong leader who thrives in a collaborative commercial environment.
• You are analytical and thorough in your approach to problems and opportunities, and instinctively bring structure to complex situations.
• Whatever the task, you constantly strive for excellence.
• You have a proven track record of driving growth and scale in commercial operations in emerging markets.
• You have a degree in business, finance or technology with 10+ years of experience in a senior operations management role, all of which has been gained in the agriculture, cold chain logistics or technology industry.
• You have at least 5 years of experience based in a relevant emerging market, ideally in Africa.
• You have a strong knowledge and understanding of the agri-food industry.
• You are skilled in organisational development, IT systems, personnel management, budget and resource management and strategic planning.
• You have strong business and commercial acumen with track record in dealing with B2B customers and supply chain partners.
• You have strong inter-personal communication skills, public speaking experience and an ability to lead and influence at an executive level.
• Desirable: A Master’s degree in supply chain, finance, business or engineering
• An ability and willingness to travel or relocate as required for the successful execution of the job will be important.
NOTE: Only national and resident candidates will be considered.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Purpose of the role
This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of cooperate environment, health and safety programs and regulatory compliance, within the cocoa buying stations and district warehouses to ensure effective and proactive programs are in place to enable the business to achieve a zero incident safety culture.
We are looking for candidates with an experience within a food processing and manufacturing environment.
The EHS Manager:
• Is accountable for training and educating employees and contractors on environment, health and safety policies and procedures to ensure the development of a sustainable EHS program and continual improvement.
• Will ensure that safety equipment and apparatus are fully operational and are fit for use.
• will investigate, report and evaluate environmental and safety complaints and incidents in line with Corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Management of security at the cocoa buying stations and district warehouses.
• Responsible for the daily operation of the security personnel assigned by the security service provider.
• improve awareness and understanding, and be accountable for measuring and ensuring compliance with internal and external regulatory laws and requirements. Present annual EHS plans, goals, objectives and results.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor environmental and industrial hygiene surveys, risk assessments and studies to discover and determine hazards/risks that may affect stakeholders safety. Reduce our environmental footprint within the community.
• Oversees the implementation of required training and performance management systems. Assist management to assess current environmental, safety and health program needs and any other assigned duties.
• Provide guidance to security contract staff and organize quarterly meetings with security service provider on performance of guards and other issues with the security service provider. Manage security breaches (stealing, trespassing, drunkenness, unsafe behaviour and unsafe equipment from third parties.
Are you interested in becoming an EHS Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a European non profit organization active in the Agribusiness we are recruiting a Business Advisor in Côte D'Ivoire.
As a business advisor, you are a coach and advisor of our clients (farmer cooperatives and organisations). You are a real dealmaker, tirelessly creating opportunities how to better serve our clients and how-to better position the organization as the number one cooperative specialist in the country. You are an advisor, networker and broker having the lead in acquisition and marketing of our services. You provide expert advice, monitor advisory trajectories with clients and you have an advisory and brokerage role in the closing of deals with, among others, donors, multilateral agencies, trust funds and the private sector. In order to achieve this, networking is your second nature, leveraging the potential of our network comprising of cooperatives and farmers’ organisations, government institutions and all other stakeholders relevant for cooperative development.
• Provide business development advice to and facilitate change management within cooperatives that will allow for the realisation of business growth potential.
• Acquisition and marketing of the organization's services and products related to cooperative business development.
• Materialise opportunities to finance business plans of cooperatives, support the establishment of contacts and negotiate business agreements with banks, investors and other financiers (governments and the business sector).
• Provide both clients and the team of business advisors with coaching and guidance relating to change trajectories and stakeholder management, to promote the interests of farmers, associations and cooperatives, particularly to the authorities of Ivory Coast.
• Overall program and operational management, reporting and budgeting.
• Position the organization in Ivory Coast and West Africa as the number one service provider in cooperative business development.
• A bachelor’s degree in business economics, finance or a similar field.
• Background in impact investment, finance and/or banking is an asset.
• Extensive experience in and knowledge of one or more fields in which the organization achieves results, such as cooperative business development, market chain development, agricultural service provision, entrepreneurship, governance, and financial management.
• Relevant practical knowledge of and experience in the agri & food and/or cooperative sector
• Proven experience in programme management with solid reporting and writing skills.
• High level of proficiency in French and English.
• Enthusiastic, focused on results and service and skilled in coaching and change management.
• Familiar with self-steering and team dynamics
What the organization has to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. The work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. As a business advisor, you will be part of a new and still small Ivory Coast team of business advisors as well as a part of the Africa team. The working conditions and additional benefits are good. The salary offered will depend on your experience, age and family situation.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Advisor in Côte D'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Ben je op zoek naar een dynamische stage in een internationale setting waarbij je je dagelijks bezig zult houden met agrarische economische ontwikkelingen in Afrikaanse landen? Wie weet zijn we dan op zoek naar jou.
NABC is een ledenorganisatie met 375 leden uit de Nederlandse private sector. Naast de algemene ondersteuning van bedrijven richt NABC zich op handelsbevordering op het gebied van landbouw tussen Nederland en Afrika. NABC faciliteert op die manier waardevolle business leads en partnerschappen tussen de Nederlandse en Afrikaanse private sector. Hierbij werken we samen met kennisinstellingen, overheden (ambassades, ministeries) en agrarische ondernemers, zowel lokaal als Nederlands, om de respectievelijke agri- sector naar een hoger niveau te tillen
NABC ondersteunt bedrijven in de tuinbouw, pluimvee, melkvee en bredere agro-food sector door middel van handelsmissies, events, strategische programma’s, marktstudies (en andere business services) en sector platforms. Meer informatie over onze organisatie www.nabc.nl.
Als stagiair project assistent ondersteun je het agrarische team met verschillende activiteiten.
⚫ Je bent mede-verantwoordelijk voor de communicatie met agrarische bedrijven uit ons netwerk, organiseert handelsmissies en events en denkt mee over nieuwe projecten en project leads/ business pipeline. Er wordt van je verwacht dat je in een internationaal werkveld, met verschillende Nederlandse en Afrikaanse stakeholders kan samenwerken vanuit een coördinerende rol, van de publieke sector (RVO, ambassades, ministeries) tot bedrijven, ngo’s en kennisinstellingen/ onderzoeksinstituten.
⚫ Specifieke verantwoordelijkheden
- Ondersteuning bij handelsmissies en events (van acquisitie tot logistieke organisatie, missie/ event programmering en informatievoorziening, contact punt voor deelnemers).
- Dagelijks communicatie en contact onderhouden met agri- leden. Opmaken en uitsturen van nieuwsbrieven ( mailchimp) en mailmerges
- Ondersteuning bij het opzetten van 2 agri- platforms. Communicatie met de stakeholders en informatievoorziening naar deze platforms toe. Hetzelfde geldt voor het reeds bestaande pluimvee platform.
- Ondersteuning in marktstudies, market scans en rapportages (missie evaluaties). Aanleveren van relevante contacten, leads en data en schrijven van aanbevelingen op basis van resultaten.
⚫ WO- afgestudeerd of Master fase of HBO afgestudeerd met een achtergrond in de landbouwsector
⚫ Uitstekende schrijfvaardigheid, foutloos kunnen schrijven zowel in Engels en Nederlands. Frans is een pre.
⚫ Uitstekende kennis van Engelse en Nederlandse taal (Frans is een pre).
⚫ Een aanpakker, pro-actief, nauwkeurig.
⚫ Flexibel, snel kunnen schakelen in kort tijdsbestek.
⚫ Goed kunnen communiceren met verschillende partijen (variërend van bedrijven in de landbouw tot overheidsinstellingen).
⚫ Ervaring met organiseren van bijeenkomsten.
⚫ Kan werken met social media, newsletter (mailmerge/mailchimp) en websites.
⚫ Affiniteit met Afrika.
⚫ Representatief naar klanten.
Het gaat om een stage van 6 maanden vanaf 7 januari 2019 tegen een stage-vergoeding, met mogelijkheid tot doorstromen in een startersfunctie indien het beide partijen goed bevalt en er budget beschikbaar is. Onderdeel van het sollicitatieproces bestaat uit het schrijven van een stuk tekst.
Are you interested in becoming an Agribusiness Project Assistant in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
For our client, a big player in the African agricultural sector, we are seeking a Senior Agricultural Advisor (SAA) to join their project development team in Ghana.
The Advisor will play a an important role within the company in Ghana, as part of the commercial agricultural team.
He will report to the Commercial Agriculture Director and will work closely with the company's project teams.
1. Project Development manager of a farming hub - 50%
2. Management support commercial agricultural businesses - 40%
3. Agricultural Advisor for Investment teams in West Africa (occasionally) - 10%
Project Development Manager:
- Responsible for overall project implementation
- Delivery of project activities
- Develop strategic partnerships with commercial farming companies
- Controlling the budget and that project policies are followed
- Implement the development of new farms
Management Support Commercial Agricultural Businesses
- Overseeing farm management
- Creating effective protocols for crop farming
- Oversight of operational budgets and monthly reports
- Management of the health, safety and environmental policies
- Evaluating current processes and identifing improvements
- Responsible for progress
- Assessment of investment opportunities
- Providing in depth agronomy information
- A university degree in agriculture or extensive experience in this field
- Direct experience in West Africa with managing agri-businesses
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills
- Ability to deliver projects independently
- Manage other members of the team
Are you interested in becoming a Sr. Agricultural Advisor in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.