JOB SEARCH RESULT:
We are looking for a Country Manager to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders of our client. The Country Manager mainly has an operational role in leading the office and managing 25+ office and field staff, and a representation role towards local farmer groups and partners. However, in your role, you will be working in collaboration with the procurement team, and with project managers responsible for various portfolio’s. The role of the Country Manager is to facilitate and enable the execution of all on the ground sustainability activities from documenting land titles for 3.000 farmers to starting 100 savings groups for farmers in Ghana.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Represent the organization towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feed sector developments to HQ
• Maintain meaningful relationships with govt offices and sector partners
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
2. Manage the country office with sustainability team of 25+ of program managers and field teams
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between the team members.
• Manage recruitment, HR performance management, personal development for all staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX procurement
• Ensure alignment within the team, facilitating exchange and coordination among different portfolio’s
3. Monitor progress of certification, mapping and traceability activities of suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection with project managers and the field staff;
• Directly manage the certification officer in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Provide support to M&E project manager on the strategy and execution of farmer database management, mapping and traceability recordkeeping to ensure up to date reporting to HQ
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
4. Supplier relation management and support on procurement and shipment
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on volume + sustainability premiums
• Directly manage the Shipment liaison to realize shipment
5. Finance and project audits
• Manage and optimize the expenditure of country budget and cash request, by identifying cost savings and synergies and finding solutions when budget lines risk to be exceeded
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc)
• Coordinate contracted premium payments to suppliers and liaise on cashflow for operations with financial management of suppliers
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Comfortable with intercultural communication
• Working well in a fast-paced working environment
• Self-starter, problem-solver, an ambitious and passionate worker
• Driven to improve projects and procedures
• Fluency in English
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client active in the timber industry in Ghana, we are looking for a Saw Mill Manager.
• Main job will be to manage the sawmill starting from grading of logs, cross cutting the logs to length, sawing, edging and cross cutting the lumber with knowledge in Kiln drying and grading and packing lumber for export.
• Your role if Saw doctoring is included: will entail Repairing saws, Sharpening, and setting saws and replacing saw blades, Welding tools and saws, Straightening and stretching steel saw blades etc
• Working safely and following appropriate OH&S practices is essential.
• Training and improving Operations (and teams)
• Key words : Grade logs | Cross Cut logs – according to contract | Planning logs | Lumber | Kiln drying | Doctoring Knowledge (plus) | Sustainable forest | Tropical Timber ( if no knowledge in tropical timber we may educate and train and teach about the various species in Africa).
Are you interested in becoming a Saw Mill Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a company within the agricultural industry, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager to become the Head of department. The start date for this role is January 2021 preferably, because of a replacement. The company is offering all kind of services to farmers and they are working according to international standards. The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure all Human Resources related policies, procedures and standards of practice are in place, are current and adhered to. Recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees. Payroll management.
The company is currently going through a restructuring and we are therefore seeking a strong candidate with an experience in restructuring of departments and/or companies.
In this role you are directly reporting to the Operations Manager and you will have an Assistant that is reporting to you in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Accomplishes human resource objectives by facilitating processes for: recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; and manage existing employees.
• Monitoring, appraising, reviewing and maintaining personnel records of performance reviews
• Developing, reviewing, revising and ensuring compliance with of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records, management and analyses of all staff training, workshops, seminars and meetings attended by or organized for staff development.
• Management of Payroll
• Execute Management decisions, change management proposals, dismissal, resignation and end of service
• Contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; providing leadership in professional societies
• Degree/Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
• Preferably experience in an agricultural environment
• Minimum 3 – 5 years proven leadership and management experience in a Human Resources Management role and a total of 7-10 years of experience in HR.
• Current knowledge and application of labour and labour related legislative frameworks
• + 2 years of experience with change management, restructuring of department or companies
• Putting procedures and processes in place
• Experience with Unions in Ghana
• Employee branding and employee satisfaction
Are you interested in becoming a Human Resource Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Location: Kenya or remote.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an established organic and Fairtrade player. They have developed sustainable food chains in South America and Africa and they are looking for a Managing Director for their Togo start up - about 30 permanent staff and up to 30 seasonal workers generating a turnover of around 4 M Euro per year.
The purpose of the job is to build a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the Leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to build a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part.
The Managing Director heads the Management Committee made off three director’s functions:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
• Lead and sustain the Management committee of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop and optimise business processes, policies and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPI to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations build on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years’ experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Lome, Togo
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• French & English (written and spoken)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Togo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting a Managing Director in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The task at hand
Prime responsibility of the managing director is to continuously improve quality, volume and efficiency of the factory with his management team: finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering. The challenge is to develop a culture of continuous improvement, supported by structures and daily processes, further developing the team’s capabilities in problem solving, leadership, initiative to innovate. The managing director reports to the CEO and is supported by a local finance director, reporting to the CFO.
• Attaining production targets in terms of quality, volume and efficiency (measurable KPI’s);
• Sourcing of nuts from associated farmer groups;
• Monitoring and supporting the farmer training programs;
• Representing the company with local government institutions;
• Hosting customer visits as well as external auditors (finance, BRC, organic, fairtrade);
• Supporting, facilitating charity projects for the factory and/or the region;
Key requirements (preferable)
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics;
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial processing environment;
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus;
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean management;
• Experience or affinity with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering;
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both French and English;
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Agribusiness in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reporting to: Country Head – Ghana, People Board Rep – Region
Base: Ghana (Accra) with regular travel to Kumasi
The HR function focuses on keeping the staff on board and to work next to the business on areas of creating organisational change, staff engagement, providing learning platforms and supporting restructuring projects. Maximize the potential of individuals is one of the main goals, just as working towards the objective to provide a good future for farmers and the cocoa supply chain.
The Ghana Head of HR role
The new Head of HR is responsible for ensuring there is an effective and proactive HR service to the business. The new Head of HR will lead a team that has a daily responsibility for all areas of HR and all businesses in Ghana. You will also be coaching and leading a high performing HR team. You will be part of the Ghana Steering committee and together with the businesses you will be advising on change management, learning and development, engagement and all areas of HR.
- Develop and drive the People Plan and budget for the company including leading change management projects, possible restructuring of business entities.
- Develop and manage a high performing HR team in Ghana.
- Being the first point of contact for senior management and deal with all HR related issues including coaching, appraisals, contracts, recruitment, learnig and development and mentoring.
- Being the first point of contact for expat issues
- Manage the Payroll for the expats and senior management Team
- Support the HR Teams and manage employee relations issues
- Provide HR reports to senior management on a regular basis
- Recognize internal talent
- Providing coaching for senior managers
- Provide guidance and advice to the company's Nigerian office
Internal and external communication:
- Develop the overall internal communication and staff engagement
- Writing all the communication and scripts for senior management
- Working with the Director of Africa to develop contributions for newsletter
- Driving the editorial for the internal magazine and coaching and overseeing the production
- Coordinating external PR activities
Office management and administration of the office based in Accra:
- Overseeing the administration of the office based in Accra and the office management team
- Working together with the Office Manager to make sure everything is in order regarding the Accra office, visitor apartments and expat housing
Ideally a degree in HR, Business or Social Studies
At least 10 years of relevant experience within an HR Management within a global business
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to provide and recommend commercially focused solutions to the business
Experience with change management projects
Demonstrated ability to work in a developing country, experience in a multicultural environment with an understanding of the company's challenges in terms of recruitment and retention of staff.
Able to deliver high quality work within the given deadlines; Being results oriented
Being creative with a strong sense of service to our employees
Are you interested in becoming a Head of HR in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a client in Ghana, in the timber processing industry / exporting all over the world, we are looking for an experienced Electromechanical engineer with a Bachelor degree but preferably with a Masters degree with 8 to 10 years’ experience, including but not limited to construction, plumbing, carpentry, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, HVAC, and mechanical systems.
• Evaluating costs associated with each project / installation or maintenance
• Improving preventive maintenance and maintenance in general of existing installations.
• Coordinating and managing the engineering team, assigning short and long term goals for successful completion of the project’s plans
• Ensuring and reviewing safety of the worksite during the course of development
• Knowledge of principles of engineering
• Must have superior budgeting and cost management abilities, assessing estimated costs early in the project and bringing the actual costs in line
• Must be able to draft clear and comprehensive reports on the statistical efficacy of projects, the use and allocation of resources, and the quality of each finished project
• Must possess technical acumen and the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of projects
• Must be willing to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, industrial settings, and construction sites
Our client offers a basic salary and :
• House fully furnished with all necessary utilities
• Great office environment
• Flights to visit home
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.