JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching a Country Director Farms for their locations in Ethiopia.
Based in Addis Ababa, or at one of the farms, with significant national travel and some international travel.
We are looking for an experience Country Director to join the Ethiopian team, for daily management of the farms. Forming a bridge between overseas management and local operations.
You will play a key role in the client’s global senior management team supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. In country you will set the strategic direction of the Ethiopian farms in line with the client’s global strategy and Ethiopian national development plans. You will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between farms, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (10+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy
• Agricultural background
• Has managed several locations before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
Market conform package available. This is a new role, start date as soon as ideal candidate is found.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director Farms in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
The Field Coordinator’s overall role is to work with communities to collectively bring about social change and improve livelihoods. The Field Coordinator will support the Program Manager in ensuring the effective and efficient implementation of the Women Economic Empowerment Project. S/he will engage in effective planning and budgeting, provide training, monitor progress, provide technical advice, evaluate, and report on activities and results in the assigned project areas and in alignment with the program plans, goals and other donor deliverables. The project has a strong component of monitoring, evaluation and learning. The Field Coordinator will support the process monitoring, internal evaluation and learning for the project in collaboration with the MELs Officer. The Field Coordinator will also assist in ensuring smooth coordination of activities by Heifer International Zambia and its partner organizations. The Field Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring technical support to farmer organizations especially as regards to gender transformation, transformative leadership and business development.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Behave ethically; communicate effectively; creativity/Innovation; foster teamwork: compassion; generosity; humility, openness, conscientiousness, and extraversion.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Capacity Development of farmer organizations, Cooperative members, community members to continuously set, achieve and sustain their own development goals (30%)
- Build the capacity of partners (SHGs/Producer, District Farmers’ Association, Cooperatives/Associations, public and private sectors) in consultation with the Program Manager, on all aspects of Social Capital Development, Governance, agricultural value chain management, Climate-Smart Agricultural/Conservation Agriculture activities including services, technologies, MIS, marketing channels.
- Develop capacity building materials and operationalization of the business and marketing plans in the business hubs.
- Design, track and review the implementation of enterprise development, and farmers preparedness to receive project resources/assets.
- Train partners/farmers on respective cross-cutting themes, g., gender, agro-ecology, HIV/AIDS, VBHCD & Market-driven approaches.
- Train Cooperatives or Producer Groups on Planning, Governance, and
- Established and functional network of Producer Groups and Cooperative.
B. Promote Gender relations and women empowerment (25%)
- Conduct awareness campaigns on women’s empowerment
- Promote Village Savings and Loans Groups
- Facilitate linkage of women to micro finance institutions
- Increased Women and girls’ agency
- Improved Gender Relations at household and community level
- Increased women and girls’ access to and control over productive resources
C. Monitoring Learning and Evaluation (15%)
- Collect data and maintain a good recording system on the performance of farmer cooperatives/Associations for inclusion in reports and databases.
- Evaluate and incorporate learning practices from project implementation
- Monitor and make follow-ups through frequent visits to participating households and communities.
- Prepare periodic reports and document best practices and lessons learned.
- Organize periodic PSRP/CLA reflection, learning sessions and document best practices, lessons learned and challenges
- Capture state-of-the-art project success stories with pictures
- A high-quality and functional M&E and reporting system in place
- Conducted peer/exchange, Monitoring, and Control visits periodically.
- Written and submitted high-quality reports and success stories periodically.
- Improved iterative work plans and budget from PSRP/CLA information.
D. Value Chain Development (25%)
- Facilitate cohesive market relationships among identified actors in the value
- Facilitate farmer training on Postharvest loss management and technologies
- Facilitate linkages between domestic and external markets with aggregation points.
- Facilitate the building of community assets.
- Build a Market Information System or data base with production, sales, and demand data and information per project location
- Identify and train respective value chain actors.
- Facilitate the establishment of Marketing Information Systems among value chain actors.
- Established network and aggregation point for farmers farm outputs.
- Mobilized physical assets for marketing and Value
- Conducted value chain and investment analyses for selected commodities.
- Established and strengthened linkages between the staff of the line Ministries, private sector (input dealers, processors, buyers, and retailers), and the farmers.
- Periodically shared market information
E. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resource, Development Studies plus three (3) years’ work experience. Experience in Community Development work and Agri-business.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Science/Social and Community Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource, Development Studies and any related science from recognized institutions plus three (3) years’ experience in Community Development work and Agri-business.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and environment, and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- The computer is proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral fluency in English.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Computer literate in the use of common packages for word processing and excel.
- Licensed driver or rider.
- Ability to travel away from home at short notice and for long periods.
- Flexible and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues
- Fluent in English and Bemba.
- Commitment to organizational goals and vision of Heifer Zambia.
- Mature and ability to resolve group conflicts.
- Sensitive to social issues such as gender and HIV/AIDS.
Are you interested in becoming a Field Coordinator in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Location: Kenya or remote.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting a Production Manager in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The production manager assures the realization of the food processing plant KPI’s on sourced volumes and processing results through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the food processing plant
Food safety, traceability and certifications
• Assume the role of food safety team leader and drive continuous improvement
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with Organic, Fair-Trade and Kosher certifications, audited annually
• Ensure 100% traceability of processed volumes
• Prime person responsible for continuous improvement of safety at work
• Ensure 98% execution of preventive maintenance schedule; collaborate with the maintenance service on improvement to the schedule and elaboration of a “plan B” per equipment type
• Be the last recourse for technical staff on equipment troubleshooting
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained and motivated
Documentation and meetings
• Continuous improvement of the food safety and quality manual
• Continuous improvement of standard work and standard operating procedures
• Maintenance of factory layout drawings
• Lead and assure documentation of daily, weekly and monthly production meetings
Food safety requirements
• BRC trained. External
• HACCP trained. External
• FSMA trained. External
• Excellent knowledge of the company's Quality Manual. Capability to explain it to staff and to develop it further
The production manager works under supervision of the plant manager and in close collaboration with his counterparts from finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering.
The production manager takes responsibility for receiving clients and auditors at the factory and works together with technical assistance and financial partners to realize the plant goals. The production manager communicates with clients and logistics companies on the timely dispatching of containers of finished product and the handling of customer feedback.
Integrity & transparency, efficiency, organisation & planning, analytical & problem-solving skills, attention to detail, persistence, ability to develop people, creative/Innovative, high standards, enthusiasm
Training and experience
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial/military/technical environment, agri-processing preferred
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus but can be learned on the job
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• Familiar with statistical analysis techniques
• Basic financial literacy; capability to interpret balance sheets and income statements
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
We expect the successful candidate for this position to be capable of growing into the position of plant manager within a period of 12 months, taking full responsibility for all activities of the business. This means in addition to the above, directing the value chain team that is responsible for the development and maintaining of relations with over 4000 farmers to make sure that sourcing objectives are met. It also means giving direction to the finance and administrative team and making final hiring and firing decisions.
Fysical requirements : none
Work environment : plant workfloor & office
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a company within the agricultural industry, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager to become the Head of department. The start date for this role is January 2021 preferably, because of a replacement. The company is offering all kind of services to farmers and they are working according to international standards. The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure all Human Resources related policies, procedures and standards of practice are in place, are current and adhered to. Recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees. Payroll management.
The company is currently going through a restructuring and we are therefore seeking a strong candidate with an experience in restructuring of departments and/or companies.
In this role you are directly reporting to the Operations Manager and you will have an Assistant that is reporting to you in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Accomplishes human resource objectives by facilitating processes for: recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; and manage existing employees.
• Monitoring, appraising, reviewing and maintaining personnel records of performance reviews
• Developing, reviewing, revising and ensuring compliance with of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records, management and analyses of all staff training, workshops, seminars and meetings attended by or organized for staff development.
• Management of Payroll
• Execute Management decisions, change management proposals, dismissal, resignation and end of service
• Contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; providing leadership in professional societies
• Degree/Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
• Preferably experience in an agricultural environment
• Minimum 3 – 5 years proven leadership and management experience in a Human Resources Management role and a total of 7-10 years of experience in HR.
• Current knowledge and application of labour and labour related legislative frameworks
• + 2 years of experience with change management, restructuring of department or companies
• Putting procedures and processes in place
• Experience with Unions in Ghana
• Employee branding and employee satisfaction
Are you interested in becoming a Human Resource Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Florensis is supplier of high-quality young plant material in the European horticultural business for the professional grower. The head office is based in the Netherlands (Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht). Florensis operates internationally and has several sales- and production locations in Africa and Europe. At one of our locations in Ethiopia we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic:
Manager Planning & Logistics:
Driven, pro-active and commercial
(fulltime, located in Ethiopia)
The manager Planning & Logistics is responsible for all planning and logistic activities at Florensis Ethiopia plc and makes sure operations with regard to these areas run efficiently and effectively. You are responsible for planning, logistics and cold chain. You make sure that Florensis Ethiopia delivers high quality cuttings to its clients in time in the right quantities. In case of deviations, you take care of effective communication with the Supply Cuttings Department in The Netherlands. You will report directly to the general manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately register the availability in the logistical system (in which you are key-user);
• Ensure Florensis Netherlands is up to date on real time availability of unrooted and rooted cuttings;
• You make sure that operational departments are running adequate and efficiently;
• Ensure adequate logistics for delivering cuttings to different customers;
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock;
• Responsible for arranging and optimizing shipments to our customers;
• Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to planning, logistics and cold chain and propose improvements for the harvesting and delivery of cuttings;
• Liaise with the general manager and production manager Agronomy on cultivation, propagation, planning, logistics, hygiene and quality issues.
Florensis offers you a broad, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
• A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
• Some years of relevant work experience;
• Experience with working in a non-western country is a pré;
• You are able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere;
• You are accurate and having excellent analytical skills;
• You are customer minded;
• You are able to indicate clear common goals and are able to direct others to reach these;
• You have great communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written (knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre);
• You have a positive, strong, fair and credible;
• Able to live and work in Ethiopia.
For more information, please visit our website www.florensis.com. For additional information, please contact Leon Duijnisveld (Director Supply Chain and Foreign Production), T: +31(0)78-6233200.
If you are up for this challenge and can identify yourself with the profile mentioned above, we would like to receive your motivation letter and curriculum vitae. You can send your application by post to: Florensis B.V., Attn. Dept. HRM, P.O. box 32, 3330 AA Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands. Or, preferably, u can apply via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for application is Friday 17 February 2017.
An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
Reporting to: Country Head – Ghana, People Board Rep – Region
Base: Ghana (Accra) with regular travel to Kumasi
The HR function focuses on keeping the staff on board and to work next to the business on areas of creating organisational change, staff engagement, providing learning platforms and supporting restructuring projects. Maximize the potential of individuals is one of the main goals, just as working towards the objective to provide a good future for farmers and the cocoa supply chain.
The Ghana Head of HR role
The new Head of HR is responsible for ensuring there is an effective and proactive HR service to the business. The new Head of HR will lead a team that has a daily responsibility for all areas of HR and all businesses in Ghana. You will also be coaching and leading a high performing HR team. You will be part of the Ghana Steering committee and together with the businesses you will be advising on change management, learning and development, engagement and all areas of HR.
- Develop and drive the People Plan and budget for the company including leading change management projects, possible restructuring of business entities.
- Develop and manage a high performing HR team in Ghana.
- Being the first point of contact for senior management and deal with all HR related issues including coaching, appraisals, contracts, recruitment, learnig and development and mentoring.
- Being the first point of contact for expat issues
- Manage the Payroll for the expats and senior management Team
- Support the HR Teams and manage employee relations issues
- Provide HR reports to senior management on a regular basis
- Recognize internal talent
- Providing coaching for senior managers
- Provide guidance and advice to the company's Nigerian office
Internal and external communication:
- Develop the overall internal communication and staff engagement
- Writing all the communication and scripts for senior management
- Working with the Director of Africa to develop contributions for newsletter
- Driving the editorial for the internal magazine and coaching and overseeing the production
- Coordinating external PR activities
Office management and administration of the office based in Accra:
- Overseeing the administration of the office based in Accra and the office management team
- Working together with the Office Manager to make sure everything is in order regarding the Accra office, visitor apartments and expat housing
Ideally a degree in HR, Business or Social Studies
At least 10 years of relevant experience within an HR Management within a global business
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to provide and recommend commercially focused solutions to the business
Experience with change management projects
Demonstrated ability to work in a developing country, experience in a multicultural environment with an understanding of the company's challenges in terms of recruitment and retention of staff.
Able to deliver high quality work within the given deadlines; Being results oriented
Being creative with a strong sense of service to our employees
Are you interested in becoming a Head of HR in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.