JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client in the Timber industry is currently hiring a Chief Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the team
- Conduct all necessary training to keep the team’s skills and knowledge up to date
- Ensure that all necessary documents are requested, collected, and compiled
- Maintain current and garner new client relationships
- Detect and address potential compliance issues proactively
Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting
Minimum 3 years’ experience in management
Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details
Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers
Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reports to Technical & Sales Manager West Africa
Purpose of the job
The Sales Manager Senegal (or Business Development Manager) formulates the strategy of the feed department within the company strategy framework. He/she will, after approval by the General Manager, implement the strategy through effective design and management of the key areas of the department. This is in order to ensure a strong, innovative, well-positioned and growing operation, which meets the targets of the feed market of French Speaking Africa, and thereby contribute to the performance of the company. The job is reporting to the Technical & Sales Manager West Africa within the organization.
Key performance indicators
Quality of departmental staff
Satisfaction rate of accounts
Speed and effectiveness of signalling market opportunities and translation in actions
Guiding the business
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor degree (preferably in veterinary science or animal husbandry/nutrition)
Minimum 3 years years relevant experience in the region/emerging markets and in a sales environment (preferably in Feed additives)
Good technical knowledge in animal nutrition and veterinary
Experienced in giving farm support, seminars, staff training
Marketing and commercial skills
Good level of English
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager Senegal? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a client in Ghana, in the timber processing industry / exporting all over the world, we are looking for an experienced Electromechanical engineer with a Bachelor degree but preferably with a Masters degree with 8 to 10 years’ experience, including but not limited to construction, plumbing, carpentry, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, HVAC, and mechanical systems.
• Evaluating costs associated with each project / installation or maintenance
• Improving preventive maintenance and maintenance in general of existing installations.
• Coordinating and managing the engineering team, assigning short and long term goals for successful completion of the project’s plans
• Ensuring and reviewing safety of the worksite during the course of development
• Knowledge of principles of engineering
• Must have superior budgeting and cost management abilities, assessing estimated costs early in the project and bringing the actual costs in line
• Must be able to draft clear and comprehensive reports on the statistical efficacy of projects, the use and allocation of resources, and the quality of each finished project
• Must possess technical acumen and the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of projects
• Must be willing to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, industrial settings, and construction sites
Our client offers a basic salary and :
• House fully furnished with all necessary utilities
• Great office environment
• Flights to visit home
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting a Production Manager in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The production manager assures the realization of the food processing plant KPI’s on sourced volumes and processing results through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the food processing plant
Food safety, traceability and certifications
• Assume the role of food safety team leader and drive continuous improvement
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with Organic, Fair-Trade and Kosher certifications, audited annually
• Ensure 100% traceability of processed volumes
• Prime person responsible for continuous improvement of safety at work
• Ensure 98% execution of preventive maintenance schedule; collaborate with the maintenance service on improvement to the schedule and elaboration of a “plan B” per equipment type
• Be the last recourse for technical staff on equipment troubleshooting
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained and motivated
Documentation and meetings
• Continuous improvement of the food safety and quality manual
• Continuous improvement of standard work and standard operating procedures
• Maintenance of factory layout drawings
• Lead and assure documentation of daily, weekly and monthly production meetings
Food safety requirements
• BRC trained. External
• HACCP trained. External
• FSMA trained. External
• Excellent knowledge of the company's Quality Manual. Capability to explain it to staff and to develop it further
The production manager works under supervision of the plant manager and in close collaboration with his counterparts from finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering.
The production manager takes responsibility for receiving clients and auditors at the factory and works together with technical assistance and financial partners to realize the plant goals. The production manager communicates with clients and logistics companies on the timely dispatching of containers of finished product and the handling of customer feedback.
Integrity & transparency, efficiency, organisation & planning, analytical & problem-solving skills, attention to detail, persistence, ability to develop people, creative/Innovative, high standards, enthusiasm
Training and experience
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial/military/technical environment, agri-processing preferred
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus but can be learned on the job
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• Familiar with statistical analysis techniques
• Basic financial literacy; capability to interpret balance sheets and income statements
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
We expect the successful candidate for this position to be capable of growing into the position of plant manager within a period of 12 months, taking full responsibility for all activities of the business. This means in addition to the above, directing the value chain team that is responsible for the development and maintaining of relations with over 4000 farmers to make sure that sourcing objectives are met. It also means giving direction to the finance and administrative team and making final hiring and firing decisions.
Fysical requirements : none
Work environment : plant workfloor & office
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
myAgro is combating food and economic insecurity among some of the world’s most vulnerable individuals by providing smallholder farmers with access to the resources they need to escape poverty. Unlike many peer organizations with credit-based solutions, myAgro enables farmers to pay for seeds, fertilizer, and other resources in small increments as they save over the course of a year. This mobile layaway tool, plus myAgro’s just-in-time resource delivery system, superior product, and its robust agricultural training approach form a unique suite of services which raise farmers’ annual income by 50-100%, alleviate challenges of repayment, and markedly improve their families’ lives.
In addition to providing farmers with wraparound support from planting to harvest, myAgro operates a successful social enterprise model through which it trains and employs Village Entrepreneurs to expand the model into their local communities. This highly effective sales- and customer-centric approach has generated significant earned revenue, created a strong track record of growth, and set the stage for continued scale. For the past 5 years, myAgro has grown 40 - 80% year over year, and the team is now 400+ strong with a community of 1,800 Village Entrepreneurs working in 2,200 villages across three countries. To date, the organization has reached 90,000 farmers in Senegal, Mali, and Tanzania, and is on track to reach its ambitious North Star of serving 1 million farmers by 2025.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This role is all about scaling the model. Building on the momentum of its recent growth, this inaugural Chief Operating Officer (COO) will design the roadmap to help myAgro unlock the path to its North Star. This translates to scaling and strengthening via investments in systems, processes, and people to sustain continued growth; and sharing via improved knowledge management across countries and departments. The COO will have a mandate to drive efficiency and effectiveness in an operating model with integrated finance, HR, sales, product development, and delivery systems, and to create scalable frameworks for expansion. The COO should be a process-oriented leader with attention to detail.
The COO will serve as a strategic thought partner to myAgro’s innovative Founder & CEO, and will function as a highly visible deputy both internally and externally. As the organization’s unifier and bridge-builder, the COO will build, manage, and develop a highly collaborative, mission-driven team across multiple functions and regions. In optimizing myAgro’s organizational infrastructure, the COO will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the organization as well as on the lives and livelihoods of millions of smallholder farmers and their families for years to come.
The COO position is intended to be based in Thies, Senegal, with flexibility on timing for relocation if required. Post-COVID-19, the COO will travel regularly (locally and internationally) to meet with other senior leaders in person. He / she / they will also make regular visits to colleagues in the field to supervise on-the-ground operations.
The COO will report to the CEO and supervise a geographically distributed team of 6 direct reports: Senegal Country Director, Mali Country Director, Tanzania Country Director, Director of Logistics, Director of Agriculture, and Knowledge and Operations Manager.
- Develop, steward, and implement 2-3 year strategic plans for the organization, in collaboration with key members of the senior leadership team and Board
- Translate the vision and broad organizational objectives into tangible strategies and actionable tactics, supported by manageable processes
- Identify, shape, and optimize systems and processes to enable myAgro’s scale, utilizing the most sustainable business model and products
Systems and Operations:
- Integrate finance, HR, sales, product development, delivery, and other systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
- Professionalize and increase consistency around training, knowledge management, data feedback, and other processes to facilitate scale
- Apply a human-centered, staff-oriented approach to change management to reduce friction during transitions to new systems and processes
Team Management, Leadership, and Design:
- Establish strong organizational design frameworks that support current and future scale and expansion
- Inspire and facilitate high performance across the senior leadership team
- Supervise and mentor Country Directors to ensure excellent program delivery on the ground in each of myAgro’s areas of service
- Build, onboard, train, and mentor team members in support of continuous growth and staff retention and satisfaction
- Represent the organization externally in pursuit of government, corporate, and other strategic partnership opportunities with the potential to build upon myAgro’s delivery infrastructure and unlock scale across its current and future service areas.
Strong mission orientation and passion for improving quality of life among families and rural communities experiencing poverty.
10+ years of experience managing operations, including experience supporting scale within growing organizations. Experience with supply chain management is a plus.
Expert cross-functional management and communication skills; 5+ years of experience managing senior leaders and high performance teams.
2+ years of experience working in an international context.
Strong business acumen and results-driven mindset. Because myAgro is a nonprofit organization with a business-minded approach to achieving social goals, candidates with a blend of nonprofit and private sector backgrounds are desirable.
Fluency in English; willingness to learn French
HOW TO APPLY
Apply here https://grnh.se/ee5722752us
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation. As an equal opportunity employer that values the organizational benefits of a diverse staff, myAgro is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people with a variety of backgrounds and attributes.
myAgro has retained Schaffer&Combs, a certified B Corporation, to support this search. In order to apply, please submit a current resume and thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest and outlines your relevant skills and experience.
Please refrain from contacting myAgro directly. All inquiries should be directed to Schaffer&Combs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Florensis is supplier of high-quality young plant material in the European horticultural business for the professional grower. The head office is based in the Netherlands (Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht). Florensis operates internationally and has several sales- and production locations in Africa and Europe. At one of our locations in Ethiopia we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic:
Manager Planning & Logistics:
Driven, pro-active and commercial
(fulltime, located in Ethiopia)
The manager Planning & Logistics is responsible for all planning and logistic activities at Florensis Ethiopia plc and makes sure operations with regard to these areas run efficiently and effectively. You are responsible for planning, logistics and cold chain. You make sure that Florensis Ethiopia delivers high quality cuttings to its clients in time in the right quantities. In case of deviations, you take care of effective communication with the Supply Cuttings Department in The Netherlands. You will report directly to the general manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately register the availability in the logistical system (in which you are key-user);
• Ensure Florensis Netherlands is up to date on real time availability of unrooted and rooted cuttings;
• You make sure that operational departments are running adequate and efficiently;
• Ensure adequate logistics for delivering cuttings to different customers;
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock;
• Responsible for arranging and optimizing shipments to our customers;
• Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to planning, logistics and cold chain and propose improvements for the harvesting and delivery of cuttings;
• Liaise with the general manager and production manager Agronomy on cultivation, propagation, planning, logistics, hygiene and quality issues.
Florensis offers you a broad, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
• A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
• Some years of relevant work experience;
• Experience with working in a non-western country is a pré;
• You are able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere;
• You are accurate and having excellent analytical skills;
• You are customer minded;
• You are able to indicate clear common goals and are able to direct others to reach these;
• You have great communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written (knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre);
• You have a positive, strong, fair and credible;
• Able to live and work in Ethiopia.
For more information, please visit our website www.florensis.com. For additional information, please contact Leon Duijnisveld (Director Supply Chain and Foreign Production), T: +31(0)78-6233200.
If you are up for this challenge and can identify yourself with the profile mentioned above, we would like to receive your motivation letter and curriculum vitae. You can send your application by post to: Florensis B.V., Attn. Dept. HRM, P.O. box 32, 3330 AA Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands. Or, preferably, u can apply via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for application is Friday 17 February 2017.
An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.