JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Position: Financial Controller
Reporting to: Finance Director
This role requires a highly analytical financial professional who oversees the accounting, financial strategic planning, controls, and financial reporting for our commodity, farm input/machinery and tender businesses in Ghana and performs regular financial analysis.
He or she works closely with the Head of each business to understand spending and revenue patterns and develop solutions that overcome problem areas and mitigate risk. This Financial Professional needs to have a strong background in Finance and has had experience working in the Agric commodity sector.
Ensuring that company, financial statements are in line with management’s requirements
Recognize patterns in spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
Identify and update Management on risks and come up with possible solutions to mitigate
Perform monthly business review analysis and a financial analysis
Liaise with Group teams on operational and financial review
Monthly reporting to the Group using COGNOS
Maintain an efficient system of accounting records
Review and improve the Company’s set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk
Enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results
Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
Develop budgets that meet the requirements of the businesses
Strong credit control functionality to improve liquidity
Supervise all audit and internal control processes
Liaising with Finance and SAP teams
Lead activities associated with process improvements, timely reporting, and the development of appropriate systems to ensure that financial transactions, policies, and procedures are in line with the Company’s objectives
Accounting software, SAP and improving functionality
Manage and develop the Finance team by reviewing the current team and adjust the structure and the team to improve the performance of the department
Coach, develop and performance manage the accounting team
An advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
A Chartered Accountant qualification is essential
A Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, ideally in the Agric Commodity sector
A thorough understanding of business and financial principles and practices
Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
SAP or similar software knowledge is essential
Experience in managing, developing, and leading a team
A high sense of Integrity
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build trust and relationships with employees, business managers and Financial Institutions
Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, multicultural, multidisciplinary team and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet objectives
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Strong Excel skills
We are looking for immediate employment two dynamic Junior Managers for our pineapple plantation in Ghana.
The Milani company runs since 25 years a plantation in Ghana. Pineapple for fresh export is the main produce.
The mother firm of the Milani group of companies is located in Zurich and in charge for the sales and marketing of the export products.
Working place: Central Region, Volta Region, Ghana
1. Position: Junior Manager Operations
- BSC Degree in science (agronomy, biology, maths, environmental science or others)
- Experience and skills in all matters related to technical matters
o Leading the operations or part of it in the field from cultivation to export
o Leading production teams up to 60 staff members
2. Position: Junior Manager Administration
- BSC Degree in Management, Finance/Accounting or HR
- Experience and skills in administration and management of middle-sized enterprises
- Africa-related experience and kind of love for this continent
- Negotiating skills
o According to skills and experience, in charge of accounting, purchase, administrative tasks of the plantation.
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Florensis is supplier of high-quality young plant material in the European horticultural business for the professional grower. The head office is based in the Netherlands (Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht). Florensis operates internationally and has several sales- and production locations in Africa and Europe. At one of our locations in Ethiopia we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic:
Manager Planning & Logistics:
Driven, pro-active and commercial
(fulltime, located in Ethiopia)
The manager Planning & Logistics is responsible for all planning and logistic activities at Florensis Ethiopia plc and makes sure operations with regard to these areas run efficiently and effectively. You are responsible for planning, logistics and cold chain. You make sure that Florensis Ethiopia delivers high quality cuttings to its clients in time in the right quantities. In case of deviations, you take care of effective communication with the Supply Cuttings Department in The Netherlands. You will report directly to the general manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately register the availability in the logistical system (in which you are key-user);
• Ensure Florensis Netherlands is up to date on real time availability of unrooted and rooted cuttings;
• You make sure that operational departments are running adequate and efficiently;
• Ensure adequate logistics for delivering cuttings to different customers;
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock;
• Responsible for arranging and optimizing shipments to our customers;
• Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to planning, logistics and cold chain and propose improvements for the harvesting and delivery of cuttings;
• Liaise with the general manager and production manager Agronomy on cultivation, propagation, planning, logistics, hygiene and quality issues.
Florensis offers you a broad, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
• A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
• Some years of relevant work experience;
• Experience with working in a non-western country is a pré;
• You are able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere;
• You are accurate and having excellent analytical skills;
• You are customer minded;
• You are able to indicate clear common goals and are able to direct others to reach these;
• You have great communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written (knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre);
• You have a positive, strong, fair and credible;
• Able to live and work in Ethiopia.
For more information, please visit our website www.florensis.com. For additional information, please contact Leon Duijnisveld (Director Supply Chain and Foreign Production), T: +31(0)78-6233200.
If you are up for this challenge and can identify yourself with the profile mentioned above, we would like to receive your motivation letter and curriculum vitae. You can send your application by post to: Florensis B.V., Attn. Dept. HRM, P.O. box 32, 3330 AA Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands. Or, preferably, u can apply via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for application is Friday 17 February 2017.
An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
You will be busy with the optimization of the production process, but also the cultivation technology and protection of the crops. Other activities are managing and coordinating the employees on the farm. You are responsible for the maintenance of the equipment and for all the working processes. You both lead and actively participate on the farm. Our client is looking for a person who can grow within the company. Optimizing and improving processes is an ongoing activity.
- Experience in cultivation technology and processes
- Technical knowledge of agricultural equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of crop protection
- Perfect control of the English language
- Good communicative skills
- Flexible and no 9-5 mentality
- Driver’s license
- A bachelor degree in the agricultural field
- An agricultural background
- Experience with tropical farming is an advantage.
You are also able to work under pressure and work accurately.
What our client offers:
You will get a lot of responsibility regarding the whole farm and you are free to implement your plans and vision for the farm. There will be contact on regular basis with the head office of the company in Europe, where there is a very open work culture. You will be working in a unique international and multicultural team.
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Director in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
To formulate and implement strategy of the sales and marketing department to ensure a strong, innovative, and well positioned and growing sales operation in line with business objectives.
Support business growth strategies to help meet company goals and Budget. Formulates, together with the General Manager, the commercial strategy, consistent with the business strategy.
Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the department, including budget(s), market developments, financial and other business objectives.
Develops and maintains an efficient sale, (support) organization, according to the framework of the year plans, to obtain the quantitative and qualitative sales targets. Provide on-the-ground support for sales and technical as they generate leads and close new deals.
Manage Key accounts in the region.
Oversee demand planning and customer service to optimize support processes.
Organizes, manages, develops, and staffs the department in line with corporate guidelines, to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimization of business results. Coaches his/her team on a regular basis to achieve team and individual targets.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Biological sciences OR Veterinary medicine plus a Master’s/ MBA
A university degree in business or biological science and at least 3 years of relevant experience or Diploma with 5 years relevant experience. An MBA is an added advantage.
Industry knowledge and experience – preferably fish nutrition experience OR animal nutrition experience
Frequent travelling within the region doing client visits and business development
Excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites
Coaching: can guide and develop the team for optimal business growth and development.
Adaptability: Has the ability to quickly adapt to dramatic and continued changes in the workplace or environment or changes in the way things are done. Has a high learning agility to either grow vertically or horizontally.
Guiding the business: Knows company's goals, objectives, strategy, needs, strengths, and weaknesses to understand the capabilities and resources available to address the market opportunities and are better placed to guide staff.
Communication: Report writing and presenting at senior management level. Synthesizes information and can communicate the big picture to executive-level clients, peers, and team members. Gaining others support for ideas, proposals, and solutions, and getting others to take action to advance work objectives.
Technical, sales, and sales support team.
Key accounts, Customers, Distributors,
Government–Policy, Legal & Compliance issues
Our client is an established organic and fair-trade player and we are recruiting a Managing Director for their Burkina Faso entity.
The purpose of the job is to maintain a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to maintain a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part. Additionally, the managing director will be actively involved in the planning and implementation of a new state of the art mango and cashew processing plant.
As Managing Director you will head the executive management team which consist of four directors overseeing the following departments:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
3. Operations-processing - Exports
4. Quality Health Safety/Social Environmental
Your responsibilities include:
• Lead and sustain the Executive Management team of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop, and optimize business processes, policies, and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support, and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPIs to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations built on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory, and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
Your requirements are:
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience in managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina-Faso
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Processing experience
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic
• Sensitive to social impact and to sustainable development
• Fluent in French & English (written and spoken)
• Local contract, long term position
• Competitive Salary
• Start date ASAP
• Unique opportunity for both local and international candidates
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Scope of the position
The Junior Sustainability supports the Global Sustainability Manager on the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Sustainable Sourcing Strategy for West Africa, Asia and Latin America. She/He contributes to the development of new projects and activities in the different origins and supports certification processes.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Contribute to strengthen the sustainable sourcing strategy and supports the implementation
• Contribute to the design of the internal sustainability standard and supports the implementation
• Interact with the National Sustainability Managers in each origin to support suppliers’ management - based on risk assessment towards traceability, human rights and deforestation due diligence - and direct programs
• Promote exchange between national teams at origins on successes and failures while implementing the programs
• Coordinate monitoring and reporting campaigns
• Coordinate knowledge management and external communication on program key activities, moments and success
• Support the different departments (trading, sales, logistics, quality) on the different sustainability processes
Profile and background
• Ideally a Master Degree in a field such as Business, Sustainability, Economics or Agronomy
• 1 to 3 years’ experience related to multi-countries and community level program management
• Understanding of cocoa sector, sustainability and sustainable sourcing key topics and challenges
• Strong communication skills and proficiency in English, French (oral and written), Spanish is a plus
• Ability to deliver results
• Good people skills and cultural understanding
• Proactive, high motivation and drive
• Ability to work independently
• Team player
• Comfortable spending some time in the field
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Sustainability Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are looking for a Country Manager to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders of our client. The Country Manager mainly has an operational role in leading the office and managing 25+ office and field staff, and a representation role towards local farmer groups and partners. However, in your role, you will be working in collaboration with the procurement team, and with project managers responsible for various portfolio’s. The role of the Country Manager is to facilitate and enable the execution of all on the ground sustainability activities from documenting land titles for 3.000 farmers to starting 100 savings groups for farmers in Ivory Coast.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Represent the organization towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feed sector developments to HQ
• Maintain meaningful relationships with govt offices and sector partners
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
2. Manage the country office with sustainability team of 50+ of program managers and field teams
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between the team members.
• Manage recruitment, HR performance management, personal development for all staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX procurement
• Ensure alignment within the team, facilitating exchange and coordination among different portfolio’s
3. Monitor progress of certification, mapping and traceability activities of suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection with project managers and the field staff;
• Directly manage the certification officer in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Provide support to M&E project manager on the strategy and execution of farmer database management, mapping and traceability recordkeeping to ensure up to date reporting to HQ
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
4. Supplier relation management and support on procurement and shipment
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on volume + sustainability premiums
• Directly manage the Shipment liaison to realize shipment
5. Finance and project audits
• Manage and optimize the expenditure of country budget and cash request, by identifying cost savings and synergies and finding solutions when budget lines risk to be exceeded
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc)
• Coordinate contracted premium payments to suppliers and liaise on cashflow for operations with financial management of suppliers
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Comfortable with intercultural communication
• Working well in a fast-paced working environment
• Self-starter, problem-solver, an ambitious and passionate worker
• Driven to improve projects and procedures
• Fluency in English and French
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Cote d’Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.