JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client grows fruit around the globe. For their operations in Costa Rica we are looking for a dynamic Operations Director to head their pineapple operations.
Job type: permanent, full-time, with trial period
Location: Costa Rica
Production: About 480 ha of Pineapple in 2 farms
Roles & Responsibilities:
In this challenging role, the Operations Director will be responsible for the overall operations
Specific areas of responsibility include:
Achieving above standard agricultural practices
Driving the best agricultural practices on the field, from land preparation through planting, inputs usage, crop monitoring and harvesting
Focusing on sustainably increasing yields
Cost optimization, in compliance with the spending thresholds and policies set by the Group
Benchmarking practices with top-industry standards
Developing regenerative agricultural practices and a spirit of innovative thinking in operations with resources at hand
Capability and interest to further develop the current production pattern
Ensuring optimal post-harvest flows
Operating efficient and cost-effective post-harvest flow, with optimal pack-house management and effective quality control
Maintaining an effective and committed team at all levels
Diffusing an attitude of continuous improvement, with an open and communicative climate
Assigning key roles and responsibilities, dealing with underperforming people, and developing talent
Shaping the team to operate under tight financial constraints and deliver objectives set by the Group
The Operations Director will report to the Managing Director.
Skills, Qualifications & Attitude
A team player, confident and happy to work hard to accomplish a purposeful goal. The following skills are the most
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a farm management position
Agronomist or Agricultural Engineering Degree
Proven leadership skills with communicative drive
Ability to successfully manage tight cash situations, and handle contingencies
Entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude; boots in the field
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Business knowledge with command of finance
Open mindset with keen interest in innovation
Good knowledge of Spanish and English
Interest in themes such as sustainability, resource efficiency, regenerative or circular business models
Willingness to live in remote location
Ambition to meaningfully grow the business
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Director in Costa Rica?
Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is pursuing poverty by supplying small holder farmers with agricultural inputs and selling their produce in domestic and export markets. The organisation develops innovative technologies for commercial development of crop processing.
The demand across Africa for cassava products is high and therefore we are currently recruiting a Technical Director for overseeing the first mobile processing site in Nampula, Mozambique.
In this role you will be responsible for first-hand hand knowledge of electrical- and mechanical systems within the (mobile) processing-, drying- and refinery units in order to process fresh cassava on-farm or nearby. You will be overseeing the maintenance and electrical- and mechanical installations of the whole site, responsible for training and supervising the team on site and that all operation is running well.
- Background in (both) Electrical- and Mechanical Engineering with some years of experience in maintenance in a high-speed production environment
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical system installations and troubleshooting in a high-speed ánd rotational equipment (water pumps, turbines, drying equipment, gearboxes, compressors, engines and generators) and their design, installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of PLC and industrial computers used to automate a machine or process
- Ability and/or experience of working in remote areas
- Work closely with technical operating staff and provide training for maintenance and use of mobile factory and machinery guidance
- English and preferably basic knowledge of Portuguese.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Location: Accra based, with frequent travels to North, South, West and Central Ghana
Area: FMCG/ Aquaculture/ Fresh produce
Size: +/-700 employees in total
For our client in the fish mongering industry, we are seeking a highly innovative Strategic Sales Manager. This person will help the company to develop and implement their growth strategy for the next few years.
The Sales Manager will help to meet the customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping the company competitive and innovative. This person will be responsible for maximizing internal and regional sales team potential, crafting sales strategies and plans in line with the overall corporate strategy and justifying these to the management team.
• Being in charge of the five (5) regional sales depots in the country and making sure that they meet company’s base quality standards and are equipped and resourced to meet monthly sales targets.
• Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
• Responsible for product development and diversification and brand awareness
• Development, implementation and execution of the growth strategy in existing- and new markets.
• Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
• Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to Finance as well as the management team
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
• Working hand-in-hand with the Marketing Manager, Quality Assurance Manager and the Production Manager.
• BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
• Successful previous experience in a strategic sales role, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
• Experience in the fast moving goods or agri/aquaculture/food sector and strong business sense and industry expertise
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close (growth strategy)
• Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
• Excellent excel, word and PowerPoint skills
• Highly innovative
• High level analytical thinking and maths
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Sales Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Production Manager is the one having the final responsibility for an effective production and managing and overseeing the whole process and day-to-day operations. He/she is responsible for planning, organizing and regulating the production and maintenance operation, to guarantee effective return on capital and to minimize the costs.
This role is only open for national jobseekers.
Duties and responsibilities:
During the start-up phase being part of the installation process and when producing, being directly involved and responsible for leading production
Develop structure which enables the production and delivery of feed of consistently satisfactory quality and the requirements of health and safety and environmental legislation/policy to be met at minimum cost
Plan, organize day-to-day operations and increase production, based on customers’ needs
Leading and supervising all team- and shift leaders, production team and operators and being responsible for training/selection and performance of all team members
Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery to customers
Overall responsibility of the maintenance team, in close collaboration with the Head Mechanic. Responsible for developing and implementation of a preventive maintenance program to avoid failures and to keep equipment and systems running efficiently
Responsible for keeping the machinery/list up-to-date, including ID number and details of each part and developing a stock-list for all necessary spares
Work in close contact with Manager Operations & Sales: In order to continuously improve organization and process
Work in close collaboration with Head of Procurement and Supply. When any changes in supply or source of raw materials will occur, the production manager has to be informed in-time in order to undertake action.
Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets (KPI) to ensure effective return on assets to produce optimal results
Implement strategies and actions for the accomplishment of the production goals, policies and procedures
Packaging and Labeling: Responsible for the correct packaging and labeling of the feeds.
Maintain hygiene- and safety standards and the implementations of all procedures
Providing daily, weekly and monthly reports for production, costs, maintenance, waste, stock and orders
Preparing a daily production plan based on stock and orders.
Ensures the right feed is available according to the daily sales/dispatch planning
Expected to give continuous input for improvement of production process, technically as well as in organizational field.
Prior experience (+5 years) in supervising people and managing production operations, as well as operating machinery (preferably within a manufacturing environment).
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any related field
Intensive technical background and knowledge of production mechanics
has been working in a similar role in leading a food production line
Hands-on and proactive attitude that enables you to organise a full production process
Critical and analytic knowledge on how to optimize the process
Good problem solving skills
Having a good sense of commitment, leadership and social skills
Leading by example, motivating and supervising
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Managing towards output and quality
Maintain good discipline and high performance
Firm and determined, to easily take the right decisions and take leadership
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
This vacancy exists in the Sales Department of our client and the sales rep will report to the Sales manager. The purpose of the position is to drive sales in the central regions in coordination with the existing team. The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully completed Grade 12, has completed a Degree/Diploma related to Animal Nutrition, Agriculture or Commercial and has a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in the sales environment within the animal feed industry.
Our client is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed.
Key Performance areas:
• Develop and support the sales of the whole company portfolio ( feed additives and young animal feed) in the central region in co-ordination with the existing team
• Manage the debtor days and achieve the lowest possible overdue percentage
• Maximize support to distributors and end customers (Business to business and Business to farm)
• Gain Insight about customer requirements, competitors and/or market trends and developments
• Support developing new business opportunities with existing and new customers
• Support developing area plans with yearly budget
• Manage orders
• Active credit control
• Organize technical, marketing, administrative and sales support
• One of the following or related Qualification would be preferred Animal Nutrition, Agricultural or Commercial
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in a sales environment within the Animal Feed industry
• Intermediate PC and keyboard skills with strong knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing packages
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Action orientation
• Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Representative in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are your hands dirty, greasy and bruised? Would you like to work in a beautiful and remote environment in Ghana?
If you are skilled, both in the workshop as well as on the computer, if you are hands on, hardworking, energetic and enthusiastic, we may have the perfect job for you.
Our client is one of the largest commercial farms in Ghana, with their main production site near the Volta Lake and Akosombo. We are recruiting a Workshop Manager that ensures minimal disruption to service and zero downtime within the business by overseeing of maintenance of trucks and light vehicles and boats.
• degree as a Mechanical Engineer (motor mechanics) and 5+ years’ workshop management experience
• Experience with trucks, light vehicles, diesel- and boat engines (gasoline) and vehicle repair
• Experience in a remote, West African environment
• Organise workshop, stock control, spare parts, procurement and maintenance and repair
• Train and manage mechanics on the ground
• fulltime contract
• Housing, transport, tickets
• Salary of USD 4000,- gross a month
• Start a.s.a.p.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Upcountry Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
Working from our clients upcountry offices, successful candidates shall report to the Controller and will work closely with the traders and business managers on a daily basis as they rely on your information and analysis to determine future marketing activity.
Recording and tracking of commodity mark-to-markets from Business Manager;
Inventory reconciliations and reporting;
Daily cost tracking/reporting in the various units
Tracking of stock positions, movements and arrivals from different origins and linking them to contracts and original costing.
Pre-finance Tracking and follow-up-Ensures all LBAs payments are done on time
Inventory valuation and liasing with Lagos office ensure accuracy and entry in Sage
Outturn tracking for all the commodity lots issued to processing enduring variances are within acceptable standards.
Ensures all expenses are reported on weekly basis to the FC and Business managers
Preparation of month end report (Stock position/reconciliation, expense report)
other duties as instructed by management from time to time.
1-3 years of general accounting experience
Good Knowledge of excel
Degree in Accounting Related Field
BSc in Accounting-Part Qualified CA accepted
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and employees in a professional manner
Strong attention to detail
Strong work ethic
Organization and planning
Problem analysis and problem-solving
Adaptable, Proactive, Innovative, Dependable
Strong team player, works well in a collaborative environment
Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, dynamic growth-oriented environment
Are you interested in becoming an Upcountry Accountant in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client with operations in West Africa, we are recruiting a Chief Operating Officer, that has to maintain control of all business operations, establish and implement clear policy in order to promote companies culture and vision. Optimize the financing of the business and set and monitor goals for performance, in order to expand the business.
Location: Accra, with 50% travel in West Africa
Reports to: CEO
Business: Agricultural, commodities, trade
• Excellent in English and French (preferably native speaker)
• Leader and communicator
• Outstanding organizational ability, (large organisations 800+)
• Good financial background
• Experience in Agriculture inputs and commodities business
• Work in close collaboration with the CEO
• Oversee daily operations activities
• Managing operating processes
• Implement effectiveness and efficiency in the operational processes
• Make sure the procedures and policies are in place and respected
• Assure that business targets will be achieved
• Responsible for co-defining and achievement of the financial targets (Budget)
• Insurance cove and risk management
• Debtors streamlining
• Innovative entrepreneur
• Open-minded and good in empowering teams
• Experience in the transformation of a business
Are you interested in becoming a COO West Africa in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.