JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Job Description Assistant Commercial Manager - Abidjan
1. FOB Business for Cocoa Beans and Products
a. With the support of the manager, develop market understanding and relationships with FOB suppliers for cocoa beans and products in Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Guinea, Togo, Uganda, DRC, Madagascar, Tanzania, Ecuador and Peru.
b. With the support of the manager and the trading desk in Asia, advise on purchasing of cocoa beans and products, and eventually independently negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers.
c. With the support of the trading desk, advise on the hedging of outright contracts and the fixation of differential contracts.
d. Ensure smooth execution of contracts, including lot approval, provision of shipping instructions, quality and weight control, approval of export documentation and payment to the supplier.
e. Further strengthen relationships with the cocoa regulation bodies in Ivory Coast (Conseil Café Cacao) and Ghana (Cocobod).
f. Provide weekly updates on the execution of purchase contracts, identify market and logistical risks and resolve issues immediately.
g. Travel within Ivory Coast and within the region required to build relationship with suppliers and understand situation on the ground.
h. Identify suppliers that offer the potential for a partnership, including among others sustainability activities and export in bulk/big bags.
i. Provide monthly reporting on quality and weight loss performance of FOB purchases on arrival.
2. Local Bean Exports in Ivory Coast
a. Produce a feasibility study on local bean export license in Ivory Coast including among other things: potential suppliers, cocoa bean cleaning operators, financing facilities, forwarding operators, HR requirements, costing based on minimum volume, deadlines by the regulator.
b. Move from the feasibility study to application for an export license for the 21/22 season if market conditions are favourable and management decides to go ahead.
c. Hiring of necessary staff required to run bean exports operation.
d. Establish supplier network of local middlemen (traitants) and later integrate cooperatives to supply project cocoa
3. Processing Factory in Ivory Coast
a. Support the country manager in necessary administrative and official tasks to obtain land, licenses and knowledge required to build a cocoa processing factory in Abidjan.
b. In particular provide input on the operational side of the cocoa beans supply for the plant.
4. Market Info
a. Discus with local and international market participants to get insights into local and international market developments.
b. Share market insight and updates with the trading desk in Asia.
c. Develop your own view on the physical and paper markets.
d. Provide weekly and monthly updates on arrival figures, export statistics, weather and other available information.
a. Support the sustainability manager in the integration between sustainability projects and commercial suppliers, ranging from international traders, local exporters to local cooperatives.
b. Support the sustainability manager on the management of credit balance.
a. Assist the country manager and the trading team in Asia on any other tasks and projects requirement. This might include pricing and margin management on the sales side and providing market updates to our sales teams in Asia, Europe and US.
b. Investigate potential of increasing product sales in French speaking countries by leveraging your French language skills.
Are you interested in becoming an Assistant Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching a Country Director Farms for their locations in Ethiopia.
Based in Addis Ababa, or at one of the farms, with significant national travel and some international travel.
We are looking for an experience Country Director to join the Ethiopian team, for daily management of the farms. Forming a bridge between overseas management and local operations.
You will play a key role in the client’s global senior management team supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. In country you will set the strategic direction of the Ethiopian farms in line with the client’s global strategy and Ethiopian national development plans. You will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between farms, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (10+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy
• Agricultural background
• Has managed several locations before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
Market conform package available. This is a new role, start date as soon as ideal candidate is found.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director Farms in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
The Field Coordinator’s overall role is to work with communities to collectively bring about social change and improve livelihoods. The Field Coordinator will support the Program Manager in ensuring the effective and efficient implementation of the Women Economic Empowerment Project. S/he will engage in effective planning and budgeting, provide training, monitor progress, provide technical advice, evaluate, and report on activities and results in the assigned project areas and in alignment with the program plans, goals and other donor deliverables. The project has a strong component of monitoring, evaluation and learning. The Field Coordinator will support the process monitoring, internal evaluation and learning for the project in collaboration with the MELs Officer. The Field Coordinator will also assist in ensuring smooth coordination of activities by Heifer International Zambia and its partner organizations. The Field Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring technical support to farmer organizations especially as regards to gender transformation, transformative leadership and business development.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Behave ethically; communicate effectively; creativity/Innovation; foster teamwork: compassion; generosity; humility, openness, conscientiousness, and extraversion.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Capacity Development of farmer organizations, Cooperative members, community members to continuously set, achieve and sustain their own development goals (30%)
- Build the capacity of partners (SHGs/Producer, District Farmers’ Association, Cooperatives/Associations, public and private sectors) in consultation with the Program Manager, on all aspects of Social Capital Development, Governance, agricultural value chain management, Climate-Smart Agricultural/Conservation Agriculture activities including services, technologies, MIS, marketing channels.
- Develop capacity building materials and operationalization of the business and marketing plans in the business hubs.
- Design, track and review the implementation of enterprise development, and farmers preparedness to receive project resources/assets.
- Train partners/farmers on respective cross-cutting themes, g., gender, agro-ecology, HIV/AIDS, VBHCD & Market-driven approaches.
- Train Cooperatives or Producer Groups on Planning, Governance, and
- Established and functional network of Producer Groups and Cooperative.
B. Promote Gender relations and women empowerment (25%)
- Conduct awareness campaigns on women’s empowerment
- Promote Village Savings and Loans Groups
- Facilitate linkage of women to micro finance institutions
- Increased Women and girls’ agency
- Improved Gender Relations at household and community level
- Increased women and girls’ access to and control over productive resources
C. Monitoring Learning and Evaluation (15%)
- Collect data and maintain a good recording system on the performance of farmer cooperatives/Associations for inclusion in reports and databases.
- Evaluate and incorporate learning practices from project implementation
- Monitor and make follow-ups through frequent visits to participating households and communities.
- Prepare periodic reports and document best practices and lessons learned.
- Organize periodic PSRP/CLA reflection, learning sessions and document best practices, lessons learned and challenges
- Capture state-of-the-art project success stories with pictures
- A high-quality and functional M&E and reporting system in place
- Conducted peer/exchange, Monitoring, and Control visits periodically.
- Written and submitted high-quality reports and success stories periodically.
- Improved iterative work plans and budget from PSRP/CLA information.
D. Value Chain Development (25%)
- Facilitate cohesive market relationships among identified actors in the value
- Facilitate farmer training on Postharvest loss management and technologies
- Facilitate linkages between domestic and external markets with aggregation points.
- Facilitate the building of community assets.
- Build a Market Information System or data base with production, sales, and demand data and information per project location
- Identify and train respective value chain actors.
- Facilitate the establishment of Marketing Information Systems among value chain actors.
- Established network and aggregation point for farmers farm outputs.
- Mobilized physical assets for marketing and Value
- Conducted value chain and investment analyses for selected commodities.
- Established and strengthened linkages between the staff of the line Ministries, private sector (input dealers, processors, buyers, and retailers), and the farmers.
- Periodically shared market information
E. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resource, Development Studies plus three (3) years’ work experience. Experience in Community Development work and Agri-business.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Science/Social and Community Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource, Development Studies and any related science from recognized institutions plus three (3) years’ experience in Community Development work and Agri-business.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and environment, and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- The computer is proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral fluency in English.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Computer literate in the use of common packages for word processing and excel.
- Licensed driver or rider.
- Ability to travel away from home at short notice and for long periods.
- Flexible and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues
- Fluent in English and Bemba.
- Commitment to organizational goals and vision of Heifer Zambia.
- Mature and ability to resolve group conflicts.
- Sensitive to social issues such as gender and HIV/AIDS.
Are you interested in becoming a Field Coordinator in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Location: Kenya or remote.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for a Store Manager to be based at their plant in Ghana.
We are looking for a results driven retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management of the factory as well as fleet including spare parts. The successful candidate will be able to meet profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Store Manager responsibilities includes a team of 5 assistant store managers.
• Inventory management, cleaning up slow moving stock, maintain good inventory levels
• Receiving, ordering and ERP systems
• Meet goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to staff
• Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Maintain outstanding store condition and standards
• Report on buying trends, needs, profits etc
• Deal with all issues that arise from staff or internal customers (complaints, grievances etc)
• Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
• Possibly growing in to timber store management too
• BS Degree in engineering (spare parts), supply chain, logistics, or relevant field
• Proven successful experience as a Store Manager
• Powerful leading skills and business orientation
• Strong organizational skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with purchasing is a plus
Are you interested in this role? Please apply through below button.
Our client's team in Ghana has been operating for over 4 years with sustainability activities via partners, but they are now establishing their own entity. We are looking for a finance and administrative officer for the office in Accra to help set-up all governing structures in the organization to support the growth of our client. Our client is active in sustainable supply chains in the agricultural sector.
1. Management of Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting
• Organize bookkeeping for the organization in Accra and execute direct financial transactions
• Request for funds of partners and review realized expenditures and financial reports
• Reviewing all submitted budgets and spending on monthly and quarterly basis and giving feedback to the Head Office
• Together with the country representative coordinate the establishment of the operational budget
2. Setting up all structures for establishment in Ghana and ensuring the foundation can operate independently
• Setting up the legal entity in Ghana with the applicable regulatory bodies
• To design the required statutory documents including tax policy, ensuring compliance with legislation
• Coordinate the opening of the company's bank account in Ghana in collaboration with the Financial Officer at the head office and maintain all banking affairs from that moment
3. Office support
• Organize the procurement of equipment in compliance with procurement protocols
• Management of upkeep and maintenance of office supplies and environment
4. Human Resource Management
• Organizing and maintaining payroll of the company and staff pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Designing and managing contracts of staff pay-rolled with the organization, as well as supervising contract design of staff that is pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Ensuring alignment in HR policies
• Leading recruitment processes
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over The Netherlands and West Africa. In Accra, you will be based in the office of the core team with 5 people working on Ghana project management, and work with over 60 staff-members directly and indirectly. You’ll work closely with guidance of the Finance Officer in the Netherlands and report to the country representative.
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or business administration
• At least 5 years of experience in finance
• A passionate and ambitious worker
• Self-starter and willing to manage big portfolios as well as execute simple tasks
• Accurate, analytic, efficient and problem-solving
• Innovative and driven to continuously improve our procedures and projects
• Fluency in English; fluency in French is an advantage;
You will be part of a fast-growing international organization with great future career opportunities. Work Status 40 hours per week. Based in Accra, Ghana, with possible travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Finance & Administrative Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a company within the agricultural industry, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager to become the Head of department. The start date for this role is January 2021 preferably, because of a replacement. The company is offering all kind of services to farmers and they are working according to international standards. The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure all Human Resources related policies, procedures and standards of practice are in place, are current and adhered to. Recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees. Payroll management.
The company is currently going through a restructuring and we are therefore seeking a strong candidate with an experience in restructuring of departments and/or companies.
In this role you are directly reporting to the Operations Manager and you will have an Assistant that is reporting to you in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Accomplishes human resource objectives by facilitating processes for: recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; and manage existing employees.
• Monitoring, appraising, reviewing and maintaining personnel records of performance reviews
• Developing, reviewing, revising and ensuring compliance with of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records, management and analyses of all staff training, workshops, seminars and meetings attended by or organized for staff development.
• Management of Payroll
• Execute Management decisions, change management proposals, dismissal, resignation and end of service
• Contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; providing leadership in professional societies
• Degree/Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
• Preferably experience in an agricultural environment
• Minimum 3 – 5 years proven leadership and management experience in a Human Resources Management role and a total of 7-10 years of experience in HR.
• Current knowledge and application of labour and labour related legislative frameworks
• + 2 years of experience with change management, restructuring of department or companies
• Putting procedures and processes in place
• Experience with Unions in Ghana
• Employee branding and employee satisfaction
Are you interested in becoming a Human Resource Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Enabel est l’Agence belge de développement. Elle exécute et coordonne la politique belge de développement international, et travaille principalement pour le compte de l’État belge. L’Agence met également en œuvre des actions pour d’autres organisations nationales et internationales. Avec 1400 collaborateurs, dont plus de 70 % de personnel local, Enabel gère quelque 150 projets, essentiellement dans des États fragiles d’Afrique.
Dans le cadre du Fonds fiduciaire européen pour la République centrafricaine « Bêkou », Enabel mettra en œuvre le programme d’appui au développement rural (DEVRUR II) « Ouvrir des perspectives d’avenir - Mungo légué ti kékéréké» en République Centrafricaine.
Ce programme vise à relancer la dynamique socio-économique des zones centrées autour de Bouar, Paoua, Bozoum, Bossangoa, Boali, Sibut, Pissa/Mbaïki et Bangui, ceci principalement par le biais d’une augmentation des activités de production et de transformation agricoles locales à travers la mise en place d’agropoles multifonctionnelles dans des centres ruraux et péri-urbains. Le programme vise également à offrir des solutions adaptées, flexibles et évolutives en matière de formation, d’accès à des services énergétiques, de technologie et d’accès au crédit.
Le cœur du dispositif agropole sera la structure de formation pour renforcer le capital humain à travers une offre de formations professionnelles holistiques adaptées aux besoins et à la demande des acteurs du milieu rural et qui va au-delà des compétences techniques. Outre les structures de formation, le programme soutiendra la création de services d’insertion qui soutiendront les initiatives et les projets des bénéficiaires des formations.
Le programme s’inscrit dans une logique de développement à long terme, reposant sur les acteurs nationaux, tout en ayant une composante à impact rapide basée sur des opérateurs de formation et des initiatives déjà opérationnels. A moyen terme, le programme contribuera à lever progressivement les obstacles entravant l’agriculture familiale durable à vocation commerciale et à soutenir l’agro-industrie.
Description de la fonction
Sous l’autorité du Project Manager, l’Expert en formation et insertion professionnelle sera responsable de la bonne exécution des activités dans le domaine de la gouvernance et du pilotage, de la formation professionnelle et de l’insertion professionnelle visant l’employabilité des jeunes, la qualification professionnelle des acteurs de développement agricole et rural et l’insertion professionnelle des jeunes en milieu rural.
Il/elle travaillera en étroite collaboration avec les autres Experts internationaux et en supervision des Experts nationaux et agents de terrain ainsi que avec les structures publiques et privées impliquées dans la formation et l’insertion professionnelles.
Vos tâches et responsabilités seront de:
- Contribuer à la mise en œuvre du projet en prenant part à la planification, l’exécution, la coordination, le monitoring et l’évaluation des activités ;
- Se baser sur votre expertise technique, afin d’atteindre une performance conforme aux normes et standards nationaux et internationaux ;
- Organiser la capitalisation et la gestion des connaissances afin de créer un environnement inclusif, informé et confiant au sein du projet ;
- Manager les experts nationaux en charge de la formation et de l’insertion professionnelle au sein de l’équipe d’intervention ;
- Accompagner les structures partenaires et renforcer leurs capacités afin de contribuer à l’amélioration de leur organisation, de leurs processus et systèmes ainsi que des compétences de leur personnel.
Niveau de formation requis
· Master en sciences humaines (éducation, sciences sociales, ingénierie de formation ou équivalent).
• Minimum 5 ans d’expérience pertinente dans le domaine de la formation et de l’insertion professionnelle (alternance, stage, partenariat avec le secteur privé, développement territorial…) ;
• Minimum 2 ans d’expérience dans le domaine de l’appui à l’entreprenariat ;
• Une expérience internationale en Afrique subsaharienne (dans le secteur du développement international et en dehors de son pays d’origine) est un atout.
Compétences et connaissances requises
• Compétences avérées en préparation, conception, organisation, suivi et évaluation d’activités de formation et d’insertion professionnelles via l’emploi salarié, l’auto-emploi et l’entrepreneuriat ;
• Compétences avérées en formation de formateurs, formation des adultes et renforcement de compétences organisationnelles ;
• Maîtrise des mécanismes et dispositifs d’incubation en milieu rural et urbain ;
• Expérience en dialogue et coordination sectoriels ;
• Capacité à mettre en œuvre et d’accompagner un processus de changement ;
• La connaissance du développement rural et de l’entreprenariat agricole constitue un atout ;
• Gestion des connaissances et capitalisation ;
• Capacité à utiliser les nouvelles technologies en vigueur dans le domaine d’expertise ;
• Expression aisée tant à l’oral qu’à l’écrit en français ou en néerlandais. De très bonnes capacités de communication orale et écrite en français sont exigées, dès lors que le français est la langue officielle de la République Centrafricaine et que le projet s’inscrit dans un contexte international. La connaissance du sango est un atout.
Nous demandons également de s’engager à respecter la vision, la mission et les valeurs d’Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/fr/content/vision-mission-valeurs-de-enabel).
Nous vous offrons
• Une fonction passionnante dans un environnement international.
• Un contrat de 48 mois basé à Bangui avec des déplacements fréquents dans le pays.
• Un package salarial comprenant le salaire mensuel brut correspondant à nos barèmes (classe 6), ainsi que des avantages liés à votre statut d’expatrié au sein d’Enabel tels qu'une indemnité d'éloignement, d'affectation, de pénibilité, la prise en charge des frais de logement (plafonnés), une allocation de déménagement et d’installation, un package d’assurances pour toute la famille dont l’assurance rapatriement, des billets d’avion aller-retour pour rendre régulièrement visite à la famille (7 billets par an + 1 supplémentaire par membre de la famille).
Les différents montants varient en fonction de l’expérience pertinente reconnue pour la fonction, la composition familiale et la situation fiscale.
Compte tenu du contexte sécuritaire en RCA, le poste n’est actuellement pas accessible à la famille de l’Expert.
Cette publication peut donner lieu à la constitution d’une réserve de recrutement pour une durée de 3 ans pour toute fonction similaire.
Postulez, au plus tard le 5/10/2020, ici et joignez votre CV actualisé et une lettre de motivation.
Seules les candidatures introduites via le lien ci-dessus seront prises en considération.
Enabel s’engage pour l’égalité des chances et la diversité au sein de son personnel. Les candidat.e.s sont choisi.e.s uniquement sur la base de leurs compétences.
* Premium job