JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is a leader in trading metals and minerals. They trade Tin, Tantalum, Lithium and Tungsten with operations across Africa and Brazil.
To help grow their organisation they are looking for a Hazardous Materials Management Professional, to be based in Africa.
- CHMM and CDGP certified
- Knowledge of ISO
- HSE experience
- Africa experience
Nice to haves:
- French language
- Able to train people
What type of person are we looking for:
- Dynamic personality, every day is different
- Hands-on mentality
- Loves to travel to different African locations
- Loves working in a small but motivated team
Are you interested in becoming a Hazardous Materials Management Professional in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
EVP Africa & Central America
Drive our growth and lead delivery of our mission in key markets
The Executive Vice President Africa & Central America (EVP ACA) is part of the top Management with overall responsibility for all operating assets and business development within the regions of Africa and Central America. The EVP ACA shall ensure shareholders secure a long-term return on their investments by reducing the risk associated with hydropower development, acquisitions and operations. Further, the role will promote the highest possible standards of ethical business conduct across all activities are aligned with our Business Principles and Code of Conduct. The position will be seated at SN Power’s hub in Africa, which is yet not established, and extensive travelling is expected for this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Budget and result responsibility
- Evaluation of market opportunities
- Regulatory compliance and risk management
- Project identification, development & investment, and/or acquisition
- Negotiate agreements
- Close approved investments
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Build and develop the capabilities needed in the region
- A strong academic background (degree level education)
- Leadership experience in comparable developing economies (ideally in Africa)
- Relevant commercial experience at a comparable level
- Ideally energy related and/or infrastructure experience
- Project delivery and asset management experience
- Experience opening new markets in developing countries
What we offer
- Drive investments in the fast-growing renewable energy sector
- Contribute to sustainable development and economic growth in developing countries
- Join a truly international company
- Work for an investment company with more than USD$2B Equity under Management
- A lean and dynamic multicultural working environment
We look forward to hearing from you
In this assignment we cooperate with Mercuri Urval, a leading global Executive Search & Advisory Firm.
For additional information please contact email@example.com.
About us/the client
SN Power is a growing international renewable energy company with projects and operations in South-East Asia, Africa and Central America. They invest on commercial terms and are committed to social and environmental sustainability throughout their business. SN Power is a long-term industrial investor in the hydropower sector. Their business model is based on active ownership, the transfer of Norwegian Hydropower expertise, and responsible, sustainable development of renewable energy. They emphasize close cooperation with all stakeholders - financial, governmental, industrial and particularly local communities. They maintain high social, environmental and ethical standards in all our activities.
Are you interested in becoming an Executive Vice President Africa & Central America? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answersto these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Commercial Recruitment Consultant to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Commercial Recruitment Consultant, you are responsible for the entire recruitment process from business development and contract negotiation, to interviewing and matching candidates to positions with your clients. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs. You attract candidates by networking, headhunting and through referrals, and guide them through the recruitment process.
The new colleague we are looking for:
Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about sales
Has a vast international network in (Insert Country name) and preferably surrounding countries,
Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
Has (international) recruitment experience,
Speaks and writes English (and French fluently for Cote D'Ivoire),
Currently lives in Abidjan, Nairobi or Lagos
A strong (recruitment) brand name,
An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
Website and job board,
Online marketing, social media, newsletters, LinkedIn headhunting techniques,
Content marketing & blogs,
Financial and general administration,
Working from home or on-the-move,
Part time / flexible working options
Excellent financial structure (no cure no pay)
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / recruitment / headhunting / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!
For one of our clients, who strives to uplift farming communities, we are seeking passionate and motivated Country Heads in Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, to join their Climate Desk Team. In this role you report directly to the Head of Climate Desk, based in Europe.
• Coordinate delivery of Climate desk projects, like Afforestation & Cookstove programs, but also projects related to Biomass & Soil carbon
• Ensure in-country cross vertical cooperation to allow for smooth delivery of Climate Desk projects
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders for Climate desk project deliveries: Country Heads and Management, federal and regional government bodies
• Provide the head office with timely project delivery updates, any related challenges, and any significant regulatory changes relevant to operations
• A minimum of 5 years project management experience in Commodity trading, and/or Agriculture, and/or Carbon, and/or Sustainability and/or Traceability
• Project delivery and management related to voluntary carbon credit schemes
• Good understanding of the project management cycle
• Good analytical and organization skills, ability to prioritize and be multitasking
• Structured, independent, and meticulous way of working
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be a real team player
• Willingness to travel
• Working proficiency in English language and additional languages are a bonus
Are you interested in becoming a Country Head: Climate for Kenya or Tanzania or Zimbabwe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, a financial services company based in East Africa, we are recruiting a Group Brand Manager.
The Group Brand Manager will have partnerships with sales, finance, operations, legal, product development, and within marketing, as well as executives and staff.
• Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term
• Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and social media
• Assisting with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as developing new business opportunities
• Creating and managing promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding
• Managing the budget for advertising and promotional items
• Competitor and customer insights analysis
• Analysis of sales forecasts and relevant financials and reporting on product sales
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Advertising and Marketing, Economics or Engineering required, post graduate degree preferred
• Eight years of sales, marketing, communications, finance, supply chain/supply planning, process development, new product development, or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
• Outstanding in formulating brand strategies and managing marketing executions.
• Solid business acumen, able to develop plans and budgets, and then operate within those guidelines.
• Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
• Experience of brand P/L responsibilities.
• Highly analytical with the ability to view market data and trends, plan and execute strategies resulting from the analysis.
• Experience in Financial Services/Banking industry is a plus
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to relate well to people in multi-national organizations and with people in foreign subsidiaries
Are you interested in becoming a Group Brand Manager in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Administrative and Financial Officers (m/f/x) Recruitment reserve.
In view of rapid entry into office and assignment to remote regions (DR Congo, Tanzania, etc.).
To further develop its activities Enabel wishes to constitute a reserve of applicants, members of which will be sent to the field as expatriates when a new project or portfolio is signed; and this, in order to support the interventions (projects) under the framework of the Belgian bilateral cooperation and of third-party assignments (European Union...).
As Administrative and Financial Officer you are responsible for the management of the finance and administrative aspects of a Service Centre, which is set up to support project management for the entire portfolio of projects in the country (or region) in which you work.
Your tasks and duties:
• Be one of the pillars of the shared Finance and Contract service centres
• Manage the administration and finance team (recruitment, setting of objectives, performance meetings, competence paths…)
• Manage the budget and the financial reporting
• Ensure proper management of treasury and banking relationships
• Ensure effective management of small purchases, manage implementation of contracts and logistics (in collaboration with the contracting officer) in accordance with procedures and contractual obligations (public contracts…)
• Participate in the elaboration, management and control of the Grant Agreements
• Manage the fiduciary risks and put in place an efficient and effective internal control system, implement the actions plans resulting from audits and follow up on them
• Support the Representation, the programme and the interventions by providing one’s technical expertise (advice, sharing of experience, representing Enabel vis-à-vis others…)
• Capacity development of partner entities, where needed.
· Master’s degree in financial management, economics, auditing.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in financial management, risk management and auditing
- Proven experience in leadership and team management
- An international field experience as an expat, preferably within an international organisation, is an asset.
- Every experience in auditing, risk management or financial management in the public sector or in change management is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
• You are passionate about managing figures and you are rigorous
• You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solutions- and results-oriented approach
• You are customer-friendly and support-focused
• You like to take the initiative and show to be proactive
• You like managing teams and have them evolve
• You are flexible and can work in a changing environment
• You have a good knowledge of standard ICT applications
• You are fluent in spoken and written French or Dutch
Proficiency in French or English is also required, with at least passive knowledge of the other language.
You commit to respecting the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• Entry in our recruitment pool for a 3-year term.
Subsequently, you will be requested to express your interest when calls for applicants are launched for Administrative and Financial Officer job openings in our projects (simplified recruitment procedures).
The duration of the employment contracts is linked to the duration of the projects and/or portfolios following the agreements signed with the partner countries and/or the donors.
Indicatively, first job openings should be posted soon, namely for jobs in remote regions in the Democratic Republic of Congo (Bunia, Gemena, Mbuji-Mayi) and in Tanzania (Kigoma). These assignments are for a period of 24 months and can be renewed.
• For persons engaged for a specific job: A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and Enabel expat benefits such as a remoteness, assignment and hardship allowance, (capped) coverage of housing expenses, a moving compensation, an installation compensation, (capped) coverage of school expenses for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
• In case of expatriation without the (dependent) members of the family, up to six additional round-trip flight tickets to the country of origin or another destination (capped in accordance with Enabel rules).
The amounts vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function and family composition.
Following this procedure a recruitment reserve of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you willing to take on this challenge?
Apply here at the latest by 15/08/2022 and include your motivation letter and updated CV.
Are you interested in becoming an Administrative and Financial Officer in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
LOCATION: Sub-Saharan Africa (work from home)
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: July 2022 – September 2026
LEVEL OF EFFORT: up to 60 hours/month
REPORTS TO: Project Director
The purpose of the Bicycles for Growth (BFG) project is to identify tools, approaches, partnerships, and incentives that may successfully improve sustainable access to and uptake of appropriate, affordable bicycles in sub-Saharan Africa thereby increasing mobility, particularly in rural areas, and aid in alleviating poverty. The project seeks to research, design, develop, test, pilot, generate new evidence and validate existing theories to support improving availability, reliability and affordability of fit-for-purpose bicycles that meet the needs and preferences of men, women, boys, and girls, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for supporting the Project Director (PD) in his/her duties of assuring that project goals, objectives, deliverables, targets and indicators are attained in a timely manner in accordance with the contract terms and is responsible for managing some project operations. The PM will facilitate communications between the project’s senior management team, technical team, country managers, local subcontractors, and local partners, and will assist the PD in reporting, scheduling, and activity oversight. This is a dynamic role responding to project management needs and specific directions from the PD.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND TASKS
• Track project activities against work plans and activity action plans, including assessment planning, scoping, implementation, reporting and pilot activity development and management
• Monitor the timely completion of project deliverables and help PD ensure that project deliverables are presented to USAID in a professional manner.
• Maintain a detailed calendar of BFG activities, including travel, team member assignments, document due dates (including project deliverables in accordance with terms of the contract)
• Ensure regular communications between members of the BFG team, including regular and ad hoc meetings
• Organize and participate in weekly Management and Planning team meetings
• Serve as liaison with USAID/Washington on non-technical matters (e.g., submitting deliverables and milestone invoices)
• With the PD, initiate outreach with USAID Missions on upcoming plans per country (including compliance with all their requests). [The Country Assessment Lead then moves those relationships forward and maintains.]
• Lead recruitment and RFP processes for the Regional and Country Convening Partners and Country Advisory Committees
• Oversee and liaise with Regional and Country Convening Partners and with Country Advisory Committees to organize events, advocate, and to obtain their advice and input on BFG activities
• Supervise Country Managers, including goals, activity planning, activities, and performance, with input from the PD as needed
• Oversee Country Managers’ organization of events, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Assist in preparation of project deliverables, primarily in development of outlines and instructions for writers and reviewing and improving drafts
• Track subcontractors’ activities and deliverables
• Ensure that any grants awarded are consistent with the BFG Grants Manual
• As requested by the PD, represent BFG in meetings, public forums and to local counterparts, vendors, and other project partners and stakeholders
• Participate in development of BFG pilot activities, including activity selection and work planning
• With the PD, assist in the programming of short-term technical assistance (Country Managers and others), including preparing or reviewing individual SOWs, and ensuring that consultants complete assignments and satisfy requirements as specified in SOWs
• Record and maintain meeting minutes for all relevant meetings, including technical team meetings BFG management and planning meetings, and BFG all-staff meetings
• Lead the development of project Quarterly Progress Reports four times annually
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred
• Strong organizational and administration skills
• Strong interest in working in international development
• Experience working with various cultures and attitudes
• Project management experience for USAID projects preferred
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of the team
• Familiarity with USAID regulations
• Fluent English; additional language preferred.
To be considered for any of the available positions, please send an email to VMalicevic@Jeaustin.com with subject line “Application – Title of position”. In your email, please include:
1. A cover letter (one page) illustrating your motivation to apply and suitability for the specific position against the listed qualifications and work responsibilities.
2. A detailed Curriculum Vitae (maximum 04 pages), including the name and email addresses of three senior referees who worked either as your professional or academic supervisors and are knowledgeable about your skills and professional abilities.
Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. Deadline for application is July 17, 2022.
APPLY HERE: https://myagro.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk022st?source=
Important Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Location: Thiès, Senegal or Bamako, Mali
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers by 2026 lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro's founder and CEO here. We recently received a prestigious Audacious Prize to accelerate myAgro's reach in the next 5 years. Join a winning team that is changing the lives of hardworking farmers across West Africa.
About the Role:
Program Associates (PAs) help accelerate myAgro's growth in every department. From June to August myAgro is looking to recruit 30 new Program Associates across several different departments.
As a PA, you will gain a variety of experience designing and scaling high impact programs that work across financial inclusion, agricultural development and mobile technology. Reporting to a Program Manager and working with teams across the organisation, you will part of a group that helps myAgro reach its ambitious goals in West Africa.
Agriculture: Conduct research and trials on the products and services myAgro can offer to help farmers maximize their yields.
Program Design: Design, iterate and improve myAgro's model to serve smallholder farmers both by designing a more cost-efficient and higher impact program model.
Logistics + Procurement: Support the purchase, transport and delivery of inputs to our farmer network each season, finding ways to improve the process
Sales Operations: Build the tools and systems that help myAgro grow to new regions and villages.
Communications: Improve internal and external communications processes to share farmer stories and educate the public about our work.
Leadership Development: Develop professional performance plans, training and tools to support the leadership development of new and middle managers to take on increasing responsibilities to support myAgro's future growth.
Human Resources: help make myAgro a great place to work, supporting employees through onboarding, development and exit.
In our application form, you will be able to indicate which teams you are most interested in joining and why.
French and English proficiency
At least 2 years work experience and project or team management experience
At least 1 year of developing country experience, especially in a cross-cultural environment
Desire to work independently on important projects; desire to take a great deal of 'ownership' of work
Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions, analyze data to make decisions)
A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
Our Salary and Benefits:
A minimum gross salary of 1 700 000 West African francs per month
Health insurance (includes health, vision, dental)
Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year - varies slightly according to local labor laws
Retirement plan contributions
Professional development and laptop stipends
Annual flight benefit
The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. Highlight on your application which departments you are most interested in working in if you have a preference. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.