ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT Wildebees Ecolodge
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
WE are Wildebees Ecolodge. Are you a hands-on, friendly multi-tasker? Do you like to work in- and with a team? Then WE are looking for you! Come and join us and be part of WE!!!
Wildebees ecolodge is a colourful bush lodge set in a lush tropical garden. It offers cottage accommodation to a maximum of 34 guests in Hluhluwe, Kwazulu Natal South Africa. The lodge is bordering the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, False Bay section and is situated on a popular tourist route. Next to accommodation, bar and restaurant WE offers several internal activities including horse riding safaris.
Wildebees ecolodge is looking for a hands on hosting operational management (couple) as from February 2018
What are your tasks?
• Receive and accommodate guests, make them feel at home
• Manage the team and helping with all tasks (hands on!)
• Some simple administrative tasks
• Make sure facilities and grounds are properly maintained
• Stock control and shopping / ordering for the lodge
• Manages the small lodge restaurant, and ensures quality and service
• Guest relations and ensures high level of customer service
• Planning and control of all internal departments (housekeeping, maintenance, catering)
• Organizing check in and check out and all related administrative tasks.
• And all other odd tasks that are involved in running a small lodge: maintenance, gardening, meetings with staff, solving problems that might appear etc. etc.
What do WE offer?
• We offer you the opportunity to stay in a beautiful area of South Africa
• An interesting benefits package (a small honorarium and room)
• A dynamic and challenging job
• Lots of opportunities to bring-in new ideas
• A great addition to your CV
• An initial contract for half a year
• Regular on the job coaching and support, continuous distant support
• An adventure of a life time
What kind of person are you?
• Basically you are a all-rounder with an eye for detail without losing the bigger picture
• You are an excellent host and enjoy receiving and serving people and making them feel welcome
• You are a people person, somebody that has a sense of humour will fit our team best
• You are a team player, and you can motivate others to be team players
• You have experience in the hospitality sector
• You are creative, very honest and trustworthy
• You don’t have a nine to five mentality
• You have a valid driving license
• You don’t mind hard work and long days if the business requires it
• You have a can-do mentality and look for opportunities instead of difficulties
• You have an eye for hygiene and security
• You speak fluent English and if you speak an additional language this is an asset
• You are computer literate and write well
• You are available from February 2018
• If you have any of the following qualities they will be considered as assets: Prior experience in Africa, cooking, you are a handy-(wo)man, gardening, leading outdoor leisure activities, marketing
• WE prefer a couple over a single person due to all the tasks involved and qualities needed to run the lodge. Not saying that individuals may not respond
• WE prefer somebody who has horse riding experience and is also experienced in grooming and general caretaking of horses and we prefer somebody that is a wildlife guide (FGASA level 1) Not saying that somebody with limited horse riding experience or no FGASA can not respond.
If we see potential we will contact you and arrange for an interview.
Please note that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. Acquisition on this position is not accepted.
Are you interested in becoming a Operational Management (couple) in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
Mind you, this is not a job advertisement, but this property is for sale.
20.4 HA on unique location, bordering iSimangaliso Wetland Park. 13 km from Hluhluwe town and 20 minutes from Hluhluwe Imfolozi game reserve. On populair touristic route and easily accessible. 15 chalets and cottages, 4 separate houses, 2 pools, lisenced bar / restaurant. With separate licensed activity company with Game viewing and Horse trail concessions.
Centrally located within the lodge you'll find the bar with fireplace and restaurant, kitchen and reception, boma with fireplace, pool, public toilets with showers. The lodge accommodation is nested around the main area in a tropical garden. The location, atmosphere and sense of nature make this piece of paradise truly unique.
Lodge - Accommodation:
- 4 x en suite cabins, 20 m2 with 1 double or 2 single beds
- 8 x en suite chalets 25 m2 with 1 double or 2 single beds
- 1 x cottage, en suite with bath, shower and double basin 35 m2 with 4 poster double bed
- 1 x family cottage, 2 bedrooms, en suite bathroom, 3 single, 1 double bed. 100 m2
- 1 x family cottage, 2 bedrooms, en suite bathroom, kitchen, lounge 2 single 1 double bed. 100 m2
Houses & Other buildings:
- 1x owners house. 200 m2, 2 bedrooms, 1 en-suite bathroom, separate toilet, large living with open plan kitchen. Office and storeroom with own entrance. Private garden, large pool, braai area. Partly air conditioned.
- 1x managers house 120 m2 with veranda, 1 bedroom, bathroom with toilet and shower, wash basin, kitchenette. Walk in closet.
- 1x cottage, 65m2, lounge with open plan kitchen with kitchenette, 1 bedroom, bathroom with shower, basin and toilet. Bedroom and living with double doors. Fully airconditioned.
- 1x 2 bedroom cottage 140m2. Bathroom with shower, toilet and basin, kitchen, carport. Private stoep at the back of the cottage.
- Staff quarters with 8 rooms, 2 bathrooms with shower and toilets.
- Workshop, laundry, staff workshop.
- Stables; 8 stands, paddocks, arena and saddle room.
- The property is easily accessible from R22
- Game fenced, entry gate with access control and camera's, 20.4 HA with Nyala, Impala, Warthog, Grey and Red duiker, Suni, Reedbuck
- 2 strong and reliable boreholes
- A seasonal dam size +/_ 0.8 HA
- Rainwater catchment and storage (aprox 250 000 ltr)
- Municipal water available at the border of the property (aprox 800 meter to the lodge)
- 3 phase eskom connection + solar + diesel generator for bar / restaurant area.
Type of Property: Farm
Size of farm: 20.4 ha
Floor Size: 500 m²
Rates and Taxes: R 0
Listing Date: 08 November 2017
Price: R 8 000 000
Are you interested in buying this Farm in Hluhluwe? You can send an email to email@example.com.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.