ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT TheBeaumontGroup
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
An expat position for a Managing Director role of a Joint Venture in Algeria. It concerns the premix business for animal feed. The factory was established this quarter and has a Dutch cooperative and an Algerian partner active in animal nutrition as shareholders. They are looking for someone with strong leadership skills combined with sector knowledge, fluent in French and English.
The expat position is part of the Dutch cooperative and is in accordance with the applicable expat policy of this group. The period of residence in Blida/Algeria is for at least 3 years. Relocation after this expat period takes place within the cooperative, which consists of an international network of subsidiaries in various countries in Europe, South America, and Asia.
Main objectives :
• In a first phase you support and ensure the start-up of the new factory including the set-up of the production, the procedures and processes and the teams.
• Ensure the quality and efficiency of the services and functions on site to contribute to the achievement of strategic business objectives of the joint venture.
• Responsible for the operational effectiveness and quality of the site activities.
• Manage all site activities and related costs and efficiencies/yields to ensure the site contribution to the P&L and balance sheet targets.
• Building a strong team of highly qualified teammembers and provide good synchronization and communication with the shareholders.
• Ensuring and facilitating continuous improvement through managed change processes to get the ‘top’ site team.
• Organizing, reporting, (shaping) commenting KPI reporting on weekly and monthly basis to the relevant group functions.
• Representing – where relevant – locally the site - organization to its key customers, business/market partners and stakeholders to strengthen and develop a good cooperation, reputation, and image of the organization.
• Responsibilizing the management team and the plant collaborators through active, no-nonsense meeting and communication structures to inform, target objectives, highlight project progress and results and where necessary adjust the local effectiveness of the site processes.
• Manage the achievement of a Forecasted revenue of 40 Mio €.
Core responsibilities :
• Develop a vision for the JV including a strategic plan and budget. Present and get buy in from the board.
• Establish in consultation with the General Assembly the specific investment needs for the development of the JV.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the Board. Close communication and consultation with the JV partners.
• Translate the company's long-term strategy into short and medium-term annual action plans including but not limited to organization, sales, marketing, production, HR aso.
• Identify/assess and address internal and external challenges jeopardising the operation and future development of the business.
• You manage, organize, plan, and monitor all site functions and related activities (production and supply chain, finance, HR, administration), with support of the group, to ensure achieving the site objectives within the MEA business planning.
• Chair the management committee and supervise the activities of all the departments under your authority by ensuring a policy of cohesion of the management team and by promoting the establishment of a team spirit and a healthy work climate.
• Represent the company towards local administrations, suppliers, partners and in general all third parties having a relationship with the company.
• You report to the board members of the joint venture.
Your profile :
• You are a born leader and coach, interested in people and with good organizational skills.
• You have a strong customer orientation and commercial feeling.
• You manage the factory with a pro-active and hands-on attitude.
• You are sharp, trusted, ambitious and responsible.
• You hold a master’s degree preferably engineer, or by equivalence of experience.
• You have 10 to 15 years of relevant general management experience (preferably but not necessarily in the animal feed industry).
• You have insights in the feed business.
• You master fluently French and English, Arabic is a plus.
Required skills :
- High morality and credibility;
- Charisma and team spirit;
- Cultural and political savviness;
- Strong legal sensitivity;
- Strong flexibility and decision-making skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong capacity for dialogue and negotiation;
- Interpersonal skills and facilitation skills;
- Critical and synthetic spirit;
- Pragmatism and rigor.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Algeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.