ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is an established organic and Fairtrade player. They have developed sustainable food chains in South America and Africa and they are looking for a Managing Director for their Togo start up - about 30 permanent staff and up to 30 seasonal workers generating a turnover of around 4 M Euro per year.
The purpose of the job is to build a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the Leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to build a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part.
The Managing Director heads the Management Committee made off three director’s functions:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
• Lead and sustain the Management committee of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop and optimise business processes, policies and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPI to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations build on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years’ experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Lome, Togo
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• French & English (written and spoken)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Togo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a large logistics service provider in East Africa, we are looking for an MD.
Expanding local market as well as regional market, whilst maintaining high quality and growing a happy and well performing team.
Previous experience as General Manager, Country Manager, Regional Manager or the like for a logistics company in East Africa.
Interested in this? Please apply here.
We are recruiting a maintenance manager for a European company.
Analyzing and optimizing functional, corrective, and preventive maintenance, on quality, costs and reliability;
Making maintenance and improvement plans and updating them in the maintenance management system;
Perform root cause analyzes when failures or faults occur;
Stock management of the materials;
'On the job' training of operators and colleagues;
Managing quotations, project requests and technical information;
Supervising work in progress, also by third parties;
Multiple years of work experience in a manufacturing environment;
A completed education in mechatronics, electrical or mechanical engineering;
Being able to work independently;
Knowledge of manufacturing processes;
Being able to set priorities and take decisions;
A team player with great English communication skills;
Excellent organizational skills;
A hands-on approach and thinking in solutions.
Conditions of employment
A car for both work and private use;
Are you interested in becoming a Maintenance manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting a Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana for an NGO that operates worldwide.
Statement of Work
• Under the supervision of the company's Program Director in Mali and Resident Program Officer in Mali, the selected Contractor will serve – in his/her country of assignment – as the main focal point with domestic stakeholders.
• In this capacity, the Contractor will liaise, engage, and maintain contact with civil society organizations, government agencies, local and national government focal points, regional organizations focal points, religious and community leaders, etc. to facilitate the implementation of this project and ensure buy-in and continuous engagement of those stakeholders.
• The Contractor will take a significant role in activity implementation, providing logistical arrangements, identifying local service providers, identifying potential problems and providing relevant solutions to prevent activity delays, ensuring relevant and necessary follow-up including for monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) purposes with local partners and activity participants and beneficiaries, and monitoring domestic civil society partners’ activity progress and compliance with contract terms.
• The Contractor will ensure the timely, complete, and accurate submission of deliverables from government and civil society partners and will liaise with the organization's staff––including the Program Director, Resident Program Officer, and MEL Specialist––to approve such deliverables.
• The Contractor will contribute observations and analysis to program reports and external communications materials, when necessary, in order to ensure robust programmatic deliverables.
• The Contractor will attend and, for some of them, lead project’s activities at the national and sub-national levels and, when necessary, in neighboring countries, and will report to the organization.
• The Contractor will attend and report on non-project-related events or discussions that may take place in the country of assignment and that will be relevant to the project and the overall strategy in the country and region.
• The Contractor will submit bi-monthly reports that include updates on activity progress and thorough analysis on political, social, and security-related issues in the country of assignment and the target communities.
• Availability to commit for an approximative 24-month duration.
• Master’s Degree in international relations, law, political science, or related subject.
• Legal authorization to work in the following countries: Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Ghana, and Côte d’Ivoire is required.
• Excellent knowledge of the social, political, and cultural situation and landscape of the country assignment.
• Complete fluency (native or advanced professional level) in written and spoken English and French. Candidates with fluent French and intermediate English will be considered.
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant professional work experience in Sahelian and West African littoral countries at the local, national, and/or international levels implementing programming in the field of democracy, governance, peacebuilding, and/or countering violent extremism (CVE).
• Established relationships with national government and civil society stakeholders on issues of peacebuilding, governance, and CVE.
• Expertise (past experience, thought leadership, or a combination of both) on preventing/countering violent extremism strongly preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with marginalized populations.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a sensitive political environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an internationally and culturally diverse team, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
• Exceptional interpersonal and managerial skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of local stakeholders and foreign government personnel.
• Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner.
• Analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for a Store Manager to be based at their plant in Ghana.
We are looking for a results driven retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management of the factory as well as fleet including spare parts. The successful candidate will be able to meet profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Store Manager responsibilities includes a team of 5 assistant store managers.
• Inventory management, cleaning up slow moving stock, maintain good inventory levels
• Receiving, ordering and ERP systems
• Meet goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to staff
• Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Maintain outstanding store condition and standards
• Report on buying trends, needs, profits etc
• Deal with all issues that arise from staff or internal customers (complaints, grievances etc)
• Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
• Possibly growing in to timber store management too
• BS Degree in engineering (spare parts), supply chain, logistics, or relevant field
• Proven successful experience as a Store Manager
• Powerful leading skills and business orientation
• Strong organizational skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with purchasing is a plus
Are you interested in this role? Please apply through below button.
Are you the Managing Director we are looking for?
Are you ready to lead the company of our client, which aims to tackle Africa’s emerging development challenges? Do you have a passion for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and capacity building? Then we might be looking for you.
The Managing Director is a dynamic and inspiring leader of the team, and is accountable for the sustainability and growth of the company. He reports directly to the board, which includes experienced professionals from both NGOs and the private sector.
1. Leadership: Motivate and mentor the team
• Being a team player on projects and lead by example.
• Creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for all partners and colleagues
• Create a learning environment and seek and give constructive feedback
2. Business Management: Overseeing the financial health of the company and providing strategic direction for growth and sustainability
• Regularly review financial reports and approve expenses
• Ensure the organization is adhering to local laws and operating as a socially responsible business
• Engage the organization's Board of Directors in key decisions, prepare regular updates, and support recruitment of new board members as needed
• Lead the creation of operating procedures, financial forecasts and targets, annual and strategic plans, updated governance manuals, quarterly reviews, and performance reviews
3. Partnerships: Build and maintain relationships with staff, potential project partners and consultants
• Recruit new consultants and team members
• Manage relationships with key partners
• Represent the organization's interests in partnerships, while looking for synergy and collectively beneficial opportunities
4. Marketing and Communication: Lead and oversee new business opportunities and company sales
• Watch trends in the creative and or communication industry and the development sector
• Brainstorm with colleagues, partners and clients on new proposals
• Write and review bids and new proposals
• Review and approve external communication
5. Creative: Contribute to the development of new services and products
• Lead and oversee design reseach and co-creations
• Conceptualise innovative social and behaviour change communication and capacity building strategies and tools
• Work with designers, content developers, illustrators and researchers to define or refine solutions
• Occasionally develop content for company communication and new products
• Ensure services and products apply user-centered design principles and meet the organization's quality standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field (social sector enterprise, communication, design, SBCC etc.)
• Experience in mentoring, motivating and supervising teams and individuals
• Experience with volunteering or working in Africa, working with local counterparts
• The ability to facilitate workshops, strong presentation skills and influence internal and external discussions at all levels
• Strong English writing and communication skills
• Business acumen, with business strategy development, operational planning experience and financial planning
• Knowledge of Human-Centered Design in the creative industry is preferred
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to travel frequently within East Africa and Uganda itself
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
About the job
In a context of development and growth of its activity, our client is looking for a Project Manager. The new PM will be responsible for overseeing the rural electrification projects.
- Tracking and monitoring project progress to make sure high levels of quality, operational efficiency and cost effective management of resources
- Identifying potential dependencies, constraints and risks over the course of the project and developing ways to manage such issues effectively
- Preparation of detailed project plans and take effective steps to meet the targets
- Overseeing electrical distribution system on site and manage the installation of all the electrical systems
- Working together with the technical teams.
- Handling material verification and quality inspection as per standard
- Coordinate with all stakeholders for activities related to the project such as progress reports, invoicing, imports, etc.
- Ensure projects are implemented
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (Preferably Telecoms, Civil, Electronics, Electrical)
- Nice to have: post graduate or MBA business administration or project management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in minigrid work and LV/ MV line construction
- Great communicator and used to managing multiple tasks
- Problem-solving team player with great management skills
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client's organization is growing and we are recruiting a Crop Growing Manager for them.
Types of different propagation methods, materials and seeds and their criteria for health and quality.
The study of plant, soil structure, climatic and environmental issues in agronomical production.
Health and safety regulations
Necessary health, safety, hygiene and environmental standards and legislation rules in the sector of particular activity.
Methods, principles and systems for supplying water to land or crops by means of pipes, sprinklers, ditches or streams.
The variety of plants, trees and shrubs and their special characteristics.
Different approached to prunning trees, such as thinning, removal, etc.
Project management principles
Different elements and phases of project management.
Principles of estimating and planning of forecasts for business activity, compile regular budget and reports.
Set of traits and values which guide the actions of a leader with her/his employees and the company and provide direction throughout her/his career. These principles are also an important tool for self-evaluation to identify strengths and weaknesses, and seek self-improvement.
Plant disease control
Types and features of diseases in plants and crops. Different kinds control methods, activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the type of plant or crop, environmental and climate conditions and health and safety regulations. Storage and handling of products.
Different types of greenhouses (plastic, glass) and other horticultural facilities such as hotbed, seedbed, irrigations systems, storage and protective facilities etc.
Environmental legislation in agriculture and forestry
Awareness on enviromental legislation, policies, principles relevant for agriculture and forestry. Awareness of the impact on the enviroment of local agricultural precedures and practices. Means to adjust the production to new enviromental regulations and policies.
The techniques of selectively removing parts of trees and plants to foster better growth and regeneration.
The standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilisation.
Pest control in plants
Types and features of pests in plants and crops. Different kinds of pest control methods, activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the type of plant or crop, environmental and climate conditions and health and safety regulations. Storage and handling of products.
Types of storage facilities
Different types of devices and facilities used to hold information and their quality criterias.
Quality criteria for storage facilities
Quality criteria for storage facilities such as safe locking systems, ventilation, regularly inspected fireproofing systems, etc.
Plant harvest methods
The various methods, timing and equipment involved in harvesting different crops and plants.
Crop production principles
Principles in growing crops, the natural cycle, nursing of nature, growth conditions and principles of organic and sustainable production. Quality criterias and requirements of seeds, plants and crop.
Diversity of soil elements and types of soil in relation to plant growth.
Develop agricultural production plans
Develop plans for planting, calculate crop input requirements for all stages of the growth.
Operate horticulture equipment
Operate horticultural equipment and assist with servicing. Ensure that vehicles are roadworthy before starting the work.
Carry out plant growing activities. Carry out grow control considering the required terms and conditions for specific plant type.
Maintain plant soil nutrition
Manage and support overall soil nutrition. Practice sustainable gardening techniques and integrated pest management in gardens both outdoor and indoor.
Monitor orchards, fields and production areas to forecast when crops will be fully grown. Estimate how much damage the weather may cause to crops.
Store and preserve crops in accordance with standards and regulations to ensure their quality. Ensure that storage facilities are kept according to hyginic standards, regulating temperature, heating and air conditioning of storage facilities.
Supervise hygiene procedures in agricultural settings
Ensure that hygiene procedures in agricultural settings are followed, taking into account the regulations of specific areas of action e.q. livestock, plants, local farm products, etc.
Analyse and identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; formulate and plan alternatives.
Manage production enterprise
Organise and instruct staff, plan production strategies and programmes including sales. Carry out input purchase orders, materials, equipment and manage stocks etc. Awareness of demands of the businesses customers and adjustments accordingly to plans and strategies. Estimate resources and control budget of enterprise applying business economics, production development and project management principles.
Ensure soil fertility
Analyse soil to determine type and quantity of fertiliser required for maximum production.
Coordinate greenhouse environment
Take care of the heating and cooling of greenhouses. Work together with the Grounds and Buildings Manager in keeping the irrigation systems and the horticultural equipment in good condition.
Store products to ensure the quality and in accordance with standards and regulations. Ensure the stock facilities are kept according to hygiene standards, regulating temperature, heating and air conditioning of storage facilities.
Make independent operating decisions
Make immediate operating decisions as necessary without reference to others, taking into account the circumstances and any relevant procedures and legislation. Determine alone which option is the best for a particular situation.
Prepare planting area
Prepare planting area and soil for planting by for example fertilising, mulching by hand or using mechanical tools or machinery; prepare seeds and plants for sowing and planting by enuring the quality of seed and plants.Sow and plant by hand, using mechanical tools or machinery and in accordance with national legislation.
Carry out propagation activities by appling appropriate propagation methods such as grafted cutting propagation or generative propagation considering the plant type. Carry out propagation control considering the required terms and conditions for specific plant type.
Create soil and plant improvement programmes
Develop and advise on implementation of soil health and plant nutrition programs.
Mow, pick or cut agricultural products manually or using appropriate tools and machinery. Taking into account the relevant quality criteria of products, hygiene prescriptions and using the appropriate methods.
Execute disease and pest control activities
Execute disease and pest control activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the climate, plant or crop type, health and safety and environmental regulations. Store and handle pesticides in accordance with recomandation and legislation.
Maintain storage facilities
Maintain or ensure the maintenance of cleaning equipment, heating or air conditioning of storage facilities and the temperature of premises.
Carry out pruning with relevant tools, related to the different purposes like maintenance pruning, pruning for growth, pruning for fruiting, debudding and volume reduction.
Supervise crop production
Supervise and analyse overall crop production in order to ensure effective production process, taking into account the environmental regulations.
Use agricultural information systems and databases
Use relevant information systems and databases to plan, manage and operate agricultural enterprise and production.
Maintain plant health
Manage and support overall plant health. Practice sustainable gardening techniques and integrated pest management in gardens both outdoor and indoor.
Are you interested in becoming a Crop Growing Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.