ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Reports to CEO
Our client is an established international supplier of organic and Fairtrade processed food. They have developed sustainable food chains and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The overall responsibilities of the CFO is to manage company’s finances, manage financial planning and management of risks, analysis of data, record-keeping and financial reporting. In this role you are also overseeing the administative and HR department, as well as IT developments.
Task and responsibilities
- Organize, plan and Supervise the accounting and financial management of the structure, including the strict control of Cash Flow and the management of financing by third parties (clients or financial institutions)
- Collaborate in the establishment of accounting and financial statements; National and international reporting
- Managing and prepare budgets and their follow-ups, analyze discrepancies, recommend solutions
- Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures, in order to have cost accounting;
- Ensuring all aspects of HR are well organized, contracts, labor laws, negotiations with staff
- Follow up on data relating to payroll, leave, reimbursement of personnel costs and occupational medicine;
- Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of administrative and financial services
- Ensure the fiscal monitoring of transactions, in particular with the various national and international stakeholders (VAT, standardized invoices, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with BCEAO procedures
- IT architecture watch in collaboration with external service providers.
- Supervise and carry out all the accounting entries;
- Manage arguments with the Chartered Accountant and Statutory Auditor councils,
- Assist project managers and heads of departments in the development of action programs in their budgetary aspects
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of actions / agreements and the establishment of intermediate / final reports
- Prepare financial data for General Meetings and boards of directors: analyzes and summaries, arguments for provisions and strategic choices
- Degree in Finance & Accounting, Management or equivalent: Bac + 4/5 or equivalent level
- Mastering computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet): software skills (office automation and accounting software SAGE)
- +5 years of experience in an International company, a complex business or industry, commercial sector
- Experience in working in West African context
- entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude
- understanding of technology, IT systems
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good sense of human relations and making a social impact to the lives of people
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a growing social enterprise in the water and sanitation industry, we are seeking a CEO that can take the organisation to the next level.
Purpose of the role
The CEO will lead the team through the next phase of growth. This will include taking the team through break-even to profitability and beyond. One area of growth to be examined is opportunities to replicate the business model in other suitable cities.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Evolving and defining the company strategy working with the Board and Senior Management Team
• Growing the marketing department with a clear marketing strategy to further growth
• Bearing full P&L responsibility, ensuring growth targets (revenue and profitability) are consistently met
• Operationalizing the strategy, ensuring high quality execution across all levels of the organization
• Continually improve the quality of the organization its environmental sustainability, including, but not limited to, striving for complete circularity in waste management, bringing relevant industry innovations into the value chain as appropriate.
• Furthering the culture of innovation, accountability and operational excellence, gathering ideas from staff, stakeholders and peers and bringing them to life in the team, to help growth of the organisation
• Ensuring evaluation and improvement structures remain appropriate to the size and momentum of the business, to enable a culture of continuous improvement
• Leveraging technology to ensure high quality data and detailed analytics are at the heart of all decisions made across the business, making us more efficient
• Improving the supply chain for all products and services required to deliver the highest quality service to our customers
Team/Stakeholder Development and Engagement
• Continuing the development of the team, identifying both formal and informal opportunities for team members to grow their experience and skills to advance the organization
• Keeping the safety of all stakeholders , as a core priority, ensuring all necessary licenses and procedures are in compliance with the relevant law.
• Reporting regularly to the Board, enabling them to properly govern the organization and engage with strategic decision making, leveraging their wide array of expertise
• Effectively source, test, evaluate and scale new opportunities to improve the business across all departments
• Managing investment , with the Board’s support, to reach scale ambitions, brokering and maintaining relationships with funders and building long-term sustainable partnerships
• Working closely with funders/investors to ensure reporting requirements are met and strong collaboration continues
Minimum skills and experience
• Relevant bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated experience in successfully growing a business
• Experience effectively managing budgets over 2m GH₵. Comfortable reading and interrogating various financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, financial model etc.)
• Successful management, growth and development of experienced, high performing teams
• Demonstrated experience effectively managing change and mitigating risks in a rapidly growing organisation
• Exposure working collaboratively with a board or similar body - able to extract and leverage robust critique to improve ideas and execution
• Enthusiasm to work with low-income communities in a commercial setting
• Ability to identify and scope work with subject matter experts, such as consultants, and manage them to deliver agreed results on time, to budget
• Experience of building and maintaining external stakeholder relationships to deliver strategic results
Preferred skills and experience
• Demonstrated experience growing a social enterprise or purpose-driven organisation
• Experience in fund raising, and structuring innovative growth capital
• Experience working collaboratively with an experienced Board and able to extract and leverage robust critique to improve ideas and execution
• Experience managing budgets in excess of 10 m GH₵, in particular complex budgets and across different business units and workstreams and ensuring appropriate controls are in place
• Experience working in the WASH/sanitation sector
• Experience working with local and national government and development stakeholders, sharing appropriate information and forming partnerships where sensible
• Demonstrated commitment to the improvement of society and social services in Ghana
• A relevant, advanced degree
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
- Collaborate, align and support with the Group PMO to continue to develop best practices in all areas of the PMO.
- As the Regional PPM(Project and Portfolio Management) process owner actively coach and mentor project organization members and provide leadership in all areas of PPM practices, including to the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that project discipline is followed throughout the business.
- Drive the deployment, education and adoption of MyPPM (Clarizen software) within the Region as the “single point of truth” for all project and initiative data.
Provide inputs and thought leadership on Regional Portfolio to Leadership Teams, Global PMO & key stakeholders (including PRT and Gate Review Teams (GRT), Business Line Managers and Finance) .
Develop a project delivery performance culture in the organization to ensure the successful execution of projects (on time in full) and business results are realized/achieved as per the commitments.
DO & ACI:
Ensure process of Accelerated Continuous Improvement (ACI) is followed correctly.
Lead projects in the role of Project Manager both for ACI and PDP type projects with a focus in the area of Continuous Improvement.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Sales Representative to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for gaining new accounts as well as managing existing accounts. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about cold calling and sales,
• Does NOT need previous experience in recruitment, selling of services is a pre
• Loves traveling and exploring new areas (6x per year)
• Has a vast international network in Africa or a part of Africa,
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
• Has an network within an international environment,
• French is a pre, but no must
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
• A strong (recruitment) brand name,
• An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
• An international team
• Working in Johannesburg at our office and from home
• Full time / part time / flexible working options,
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Excellent financial structure with variable component
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!
As a Senior Manager claims you will take up a management position in our client's Nairobi office.
You will be responsible to manage the Nairobi claim team (+/- 30 FTE) supported by the Claims Supervisor.
Your role will be broader than the day to day management of the operation – your agile, customer centric mindset will ensure that you contribute to the overall operations strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the service proposition and improve the efficiencies and productivity of your teams. Within your role, you will report into the Senior Operations Managers responsible for IOH claims and Global Admin.
Your role will be to:
Motivate individuals and team collectively to achieve agreed work output targets covering productivity, turn-around-time, quality and client & customer satisfaction
Create an environment that encourages and delivers success – you must have the ability to inspire your team whilst developing your team members to the next level
Ensure appropriate performance management action, timely recruitment and effective succession planning is in place.
Contribute to change and innovation and be pro-active in identifying opportunities for improvement within the team and within Claims and Admin process.
Use data insights to challenge day-to-day operations, and build a continuous improvement mindset
Minimum of 5 years prior Team management experience, managing large teams
Financial services or Insurance experience is a plus
Experience in coaching, managing, developing and motivating individuals
Proven data analytics skills (QlikView, Tableau)
Clear experience in driving a team to achieve excellent customer service results and implementing change
For our client active in the timber industry in Ghana, we are looking for a Human Resources Manager. This person is responsible for the supervision and administration of all Human Resources functions of the plant to include employment, training, communications, compliance, labour law, and salary administration.
Plan, schedule, and supervise all functions within the Human Resources Department.
Assure compliance with company policies and government regulations and laws concerning human resources matters.
Interpret instructions, policies, and contracts to management.
Counsel department managers and supervisors on matters of discipline and conflict resolution
Conduct employee counselling, as required.
Ensure training programs are in place to address the training needs of plant.
Coordinate programs to address absenteeism and turnover.
Administer policies and procedures relating to all functions.
Coordinate the salary review plan and certify and approve all salary actions, such as promotions, demotions, increases and employee benefits.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
Minimum 10 years of experience as a Human Resources Manager in a manufacturing environment
Experience managing all aspects of a human resources function (employee/labour relations, compensation, staffing, benefits, training, communications, etc.)
Experience in team management and coaching/developing employee performance.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of an organization.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills & computer skills.
Ability to think strategically, creatively, and innovatively.
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for an Electronics Engineer, based at their plant in Ghana.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrating and designing electronic systems
- Maintaining timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding engineering activities
- Develop solutions to eliminate machine and system malfunctions
- Create standard methods for reviewing, evaluating, and inspecting products during development and production
- Analyze data daily
- Mechatronics / Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical and engineering work
Are you interested in becoming an Electronics Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching a Country Director Farms for their locations in Ethiopia.
Based in Addis Ababa, or at one of the farms, with significant national travel and some international travel.
We are looking for an experience Country Director to join the Ethiopian team, for daily management of the farms. Forming a bridge between overseas management and local operations.
You will play a key role in the client’s global senior management team supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. In country you will set the strategic direction of the Ethiopian farms in line with the client’s global strategy and Ethiopian national development plans. You will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between farms, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (10+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy
• Agricultural background
• Has managed several locations before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia