ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is active in sustainability programmes in cocoa, coffee, and cashew.
For them we are seeking a new Country Manager in Ivory Coast.
Our client is looking for a Country Manager to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders, today mainly in cocoa. The Country Manager primarily has an operational role in leading the office and managing 25+ office and field staff, and a representation role towards local farmer groups and partners. Additional, in your role, you will be working in collaboration with the procurement team, Project managers responsible for various portfolio’s. The role of the Country Manager is to facilitate and enable the execution of all on the ground sustainability activities from certification to projects on reforestation and starting savings groups for farmers in Ivory Coast.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Represent our client in Ivory-Coast towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feeding sector developments to HQ
• Keep meaningful relationships with govt offices (CCC) and sector partners (WCF, IDH)
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners (GIZ, ICI)
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
2. Manage the country office with sustainability team of 25+ of program managers and field teams
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between
the team members.
• Manage recruitment, HR performance management, personal development for all staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX procurement
• Ensure alignment within the team, facilitating exchange and coordination among different portfolio’s
3. Team Management & Support of the local Team by ensuring activity coordination + alignment with the vertical heads in HQ.
• Act as support and sparring partner for the Project Managers and Certification Managers in IVC
• Monitor progress of certification, mapping and traceability activities of their cocoa suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection
• Ensure necessary operational support & inputs e.g., equipment & financing from HQ.
• Directly manage the certification officer in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Provide support to M&E project manager on the strategy and execution of farmer database management, mapping and traceability recordkeeping to ensure up to date reporting to HQ
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
4. Supplier relation management and support on procurement and shipment of traceable cocoa
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on cocoa volume + sustainability premiums
• Manage and Ensure the deliveries by Cooperates of the of traceable cocoa volumes
5. Finance and project audits
• Manage and optimize the expenditure of country budget and cash request, by identifying cost savings and synergies and finding solutions when budget lines risk to be
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc)
• Coordinate contracted premium payments to suppliers and liaise on cashflow for operations with financial management of suppliers
You will be working in a dynamic sustainability team. In Ivory-Coast, you will be working with a team of 10+ at the office in Abidjan, and a 60+ strong field team across the country. Internationally, you will be in contact with our head office team and other origin teams and work in close collaboration with our sector partners and cocoa suppliers.
Qualities our client is looking for:
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Affinity with intercultural communication (Africa, Europe)
• You thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and you are able to balance different priorities
• Self-starter and all-round mentality; willing to execute simple tasks as well as manage big portfolios
• A passionate and ambitious worker; accurate, efficient and problem-solving
• You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
• Fluency in French & English
What is offered to you:
You will be part of a fast-growing organization and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. Our client offers substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities. The client offers a competitive salary, housing and transportation and good other secondary employment conditions. Work status 40 hours per week. Based in Abidjan, Ivory-Coast, with regular travel to the field, and business trips to other offices in West Africa.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of business in Africa and a passion for recruitment head-hunting and/or executive search? Have you placed candidates across the continent? Do you love pampering your clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica helps business in Africa gain profit and time by sending them the top 5% professionals IN the market, not just on the market.
We are looking for an (executive) search specialist, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit and headhunt for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are all Africa experts, based in Africa. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Handing our clients a solution to their problem, which is time, money or team related
• Function as a knowledge base and strategic partner for the client
• Take on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Help designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Adding a bit of fun and humour to the team!
• Proven work experience as an international Recruiter in Africa, with experience in multiple sectors
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and LinkedIn recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Has travelled into Africa or other developing countries
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• Has an adventurous side, loves traveling and exploring
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you work partly from home and our office in Cape Town
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!
Our client is an established organic and fair-trade player and we are recruiting a Managing Director for their Burkina Faso entity.
The purpose of the job is to maintain a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to maintain a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part. Additionally, the managing director will be actively involved in the planning and implementation of a new state of the art mango and cashew processing plant.
As Managing Director you will head the executive management team which consist of four directors overseeing the following departments:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
3. Operations-processing - Exports
4. Quality Health Safety/Social Environmental
Your responsibilities include:
• Lead and sustain the Executive Management team of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop, and optimize business processes, policies, and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support, and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPIs to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations built on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory, and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
Your requirements are:
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience in managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina-Faso
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Processing experience
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic
• Sensitive to social impact and to sustainable development
• Fluent in French & English (written and spoken)
• Local contract, long term position
• Competitive Salary
• Start date ASAP
• Unique opportunity for both local and international candidates
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, a European company active in the food ingredients industry, we are looking for a Sales Representative who will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Support of existing customers and acquisition of new customers.
• Detailed negotiations with customers about contract contents
• Participation in the strategic development of the target markets
• Reliable budget and forecast planning
• Representing our company at the customer
• Competitive analysis and observations
• Visits to trade fairs and organization of local workshops
• Commercial training of on-site representatives and junior salespeople
• Commercial projects outside own sales area
Personal and professional requirements
• Ideally full degree, e.g. in business administration
• At least 5 years of professional experience in sales and ideally in MEA within the food ingredients industry
• Willingness to travel extensively for customer service and product presentations
• High customer orientation
• Intercultural competencies
• Business fluent English language skills
• Good MS Office skills
The MEA Sales Manager should...
• possess a high level of commitment, initiative and flexibility
• have the ability to learn fast
• Be able to adapt well and interact appropriately with different interlocutors
• be able to communicate proactively across all hierarchical levels
• be assertive
• be a team player
• be able to represent the corporate values internally and externally
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Representative in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reporting to: Group Sustainability Manager
Summary of therole
our client is investing in an ambitious, decade-long sustainability program covering human rights, carbon emissions, agroforestry and farmer support, with global workstreams planned in coffee producing countries all over the world. The sustainability strategy stands or falls on your ability to plan and coordinate the execution of multiple projects working across different time zones with global teams - the GSPM is the linchpin of the organization's sustainability program. Working with a number of workstream leads your task is to design an implementation roadmap for the global sustainability program and to create a global project management dashboard and a robust system of accountability and reporting.
You are expected to be a highly motivated and thoroughly experienced project management professional and team leader who works very well in a multicultural context. You are able to adopt flexible working hours and have experience in leading teams in a complex matrix organization. In your previous jobs you have managed global multi-million dollar rural development programs and/or worked as a professional project manager and team leader in projects within large organizations with global coverage.
Experience of coffee or similar agricultural value chains would be a strong advantage but as the chosen candidate you must first and foremost be an experienced project manager with a proven track record of delivering largescale global projects in emerging markets, on time and on budget.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic growing global family business, being part of a transformation that will ultimately put sustainability at the center of their mission, improving engagement with all value chain partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for overall project management of the global sustainability program, managing multiple project streams, team leaders, progress reporting and data.
• Daily coordination with subject matter experts and the global execution teams to establish and monitor work plans and deliverables for each region
• Participation in development and refinement of the overall sustainability strategy as a key member of the sustainability leadership team
• Preparation of regular progress reports and participation in update meetings to senior internal and external stakeholders (you will be supported by a global M& E Manager and team)
• With support from a strategic communications manager, you will be responsible for implementing a 360 degree communications strategy on the activities of the sustainability department.
• Contribute directly to helping position the business as an industry leader in sustainability (vis a vis roasters, banks and farmers)
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• At least a bachelor’s degree
• Advanced training and certification in Project Management
• At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position, preferably related to project implementation, with a track record of leading teams
• Experience building and running large, complex projects - ideally multicountry, multi-stakeholder projects in agriculture and/or rural development.
• Lengthy experience of working in emerging markets
• You have gravitas, an obvious sense of experience, but remain approachable and comfortable as a mentor, team leader
• Ability to work across different cultures and nationalities (excellent EQ and CQ)
• Ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
• Comfortable working in a matrix reporting environment – you are focused on getting the job done and ensuring “no-one is left behind” when communicating objectives and expectations
Strong verbal and written English; fluency in other languages (Spanish, French) is an asset.
Are you interested in becoming a Group Sustainability Project Manager (GSPM) in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching for an experienced Farm Manager for one of their locations in Ethiopia.
The farm manager will be responsible for the daily management of the farm. He / she will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between teams on the farm, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (5+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy, hands-on
• Agricultural background
• Has managed a farm or large operation before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client active in the Food and Beverage sector is looking for a Business Developer in order to strengthen their MEA (Middle East & Africa) sales team. The candidate should be based in Egypt, since there is a growing market which is crucial for our client’s export strategy based on a sustainable business philosophy.
The Business Developer will be responsible for generating sales volumes by developing partnerships and building strong brand awareness.
Requested are also very good competences in brand management, investments and (data) analytics.
What is the challenge?
• The Business Developer will lead and influence the sales growth plan for Egypt and will contribute to put in place the company’s value management and brand marketing programs with the client’s partners and marketeers. The BD will do so by evaluating new routes into the market and finding new ones to grow the company’s portfolio. Besides, the BD will be responsible for the training of the company’s partners in order to align with them about the plans to be implemented in the respective countries.
• The BD will be reporting to the Senior Sales Manager for Middle East & North Africa.
- The candidate must be living in Egypt and must have experience in sales and/or business development in the region.
- The candidate should hold a commercial Bachelor or, ideally, a master’s degree plus 3 – 5 years of experience in an international sales role, preferably in the FMCG.
- The BD should have good financial acumen and strong marketing experience with a proven ability to build trustworthy relationships, influence people through open and relevant communication and work independently.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-growing and dynamic company and would like to become a Business Developer in Egypt, please apply at the top or bottom of our page (we kindly ask you to send your application in ENGLISH).
JobnetAfrica has partnered with ENZA zaden in Tanzania to find them a highly hands-on Technical Manager who will improve their preventative maintenance schedules and who coordinates the technical team. This great opportunity is based in Arusha, the East African heart of the vegetable breeding and a beautiful location and is a family-owned business within a high-tech environment.
ENZA Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. They produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. Please check out the animation video as below.
For more than 80 years ENZA has been working with the best that nature offers. They support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
ENZA Zaden’s strength? More than 2.000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, they continuously invest in knowledge and skills with the Enza Academy and under the flag of enzActive they organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Interested? Please continue reading.
What are you going to do?
As Technical Manager you will be accountable for the operational day-to-day technical related activities at the station. Key responsibilities include flawless and timely execution of technical related tasks, ensure appropriate maintenance planning and effectuation at the station as well as improving the maintenance processes.
As Technical Manager you make sure all machines and technical installations are well kept and operational. Therefore, you will do necessary maintenance and repairs. You will also assist with the construction of buildings and implementation of installations. You will coordinate new installations and documentation. Additionally, you keep the workshop and all tools and equipment in good condition.
You will work closely with the technical staff and with external contractors in order to ensure the required uptime of the equipment and installations. Also, you manage the technical team and make sure that they are well trained. Ensuring that proper service level agreements are in place is also part of this position. You act as a creative problem solver for the technical department and work closely with technicians and workshop engineers.
Any other activities as keeping farm surroundings neat and tidy and work according to all health & safety and farm protocols will also be part of this position.
The Technical Manager will report to the Station Manager and has 3 direct and 32 people indirectly reporting to him / her. Total number of employees in Tanzania is appr. 280.
Your main responsibilities are;
• Supervise, lead and provide direction to the technicians and workshop engineers.
• Manage and improve the replacement of installations for optimalization of the process.
• Decide and prioritize on continuous improvement actions for the maintenance activities.
• Contract management.
• Planning of preventative maintenance and Ad hoc technical problem solving.
• Development and implementation of the maintenance software module.
• Train, coach and assist the technical team.
• Review, adjust and trains the team on health & safety protocols.
• Communicate to management the results and developments achieved by the department.
• Initiate and implement improvement actions projects at department level.
Your main tasks for the first year will be;
• Setting up and implementing a maintenance plan
• Expansion of the greenhouses
• Sorting out ad hoc things, and solve them in a structural manner
• Stock management and WMS
You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve technical processes all in the right order of priority.
The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, have the ability to multitask in a high-tech environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to this position and its responsibilities.
You take initiative and you plan and prioritize your work efficiently. You are able to transfer your knowledge and skills to your team members and are flexible in dealing with cultural differences.
What we are looking for, you;
• have a bachelor’s degree in electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or comparable).
• have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager in in a comparable maintenance related environment.
• have at least 6–10-year international working experience.
• have strong leadership and (people) management skills.
• are al real motivator on innovation and process optimization.
• have professional proficiency in English.
• have affinity with horticulture.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.