ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
At a minimum, the Operations Manager must be responsible for overall execution of the contract requirements. The Operations Manager must serve as the principal point of contact between the
Contractor and the Government. The Operations Manager must supervise the other four key personnel. The Operations Manager must have the ability to speak on behalf of the Contractor.
At a minimum, the Operations Manager must have:
● a bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in Hospitality Management, Tourism Management, Resort Management, or a related hospitality management field;
● at least eight years of professional experience which must include experience in hotel management at a 4/5 star hotel;
● at least three years of overseas experience in hospitality or hotel management in difficult environments where there are little or no modern support infrastructure;
● at least five years of supervision experience within the last seven years; and
● fluency in spoken and written English.
Are you interested in becoming a Operations Manager in South Sudan? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
- Collaborate, align and support with the Group PMO to continue to develop best practices in all areas of the PMO.
- As the Regional PPM(Project and Portfolio Management) process owner actively coach and mentor project organization members and provide leadership in all areas of PPM practices, including to the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that project discipline is followed throughout the business.
- Drive the deployment, education and adoption of MyPPM (Clarizen software) within the Region as the “single point of truth” for all project and initiative data.
Provide inputs and thought leadership on Regional Portfolio to Leadership Teams, Global PMO & key stakeholders (including PRT and Gate Review Teams (GRT), Business Line Managers and Finance) .
Develop a project delivery performance culture in the organization to ensure the successful execution of projects (on time in full) and business results are realized/achieved as per the commitments.
DO & ACI:
Ensure process of Accelerated Continuous Improvement (ACI) is followed correctly.
Lead projects in the role of Project Manager both for ACI and PDP type projects with a focus in the area of Continuous Improvement.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
We are recruiting a Production Manager in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The production manager assures the realization of the food processing plant KPI’s on sourced volumes and processing results through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the food processing plant
Food safety, traceability and certifications
• Assume the role of food safety team leader and drive continuous improvement
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with Organic, Fair-Trade and Kosher certifications, audited annually
• Ensure 100% traceability of processed volumes
• Prime person responsible for continuous improvement of safety at work
• Ensure 98% execution of preventive maintenance schedule; collaborate with the maintenance service on improvement to the schedule and elaboration of a “plan B” per equipment type
• Be the last recourse for technical staff on equipment troubleshooting
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained and motivated
Documentation and meetings
• Continuous improvement of the food safety and quality manual
• Continuous improvement of standard work and standard operating procedures
• Maintenance of factory layout drawings
• Lead and assure documentation of daily, weekly and monthly production meetings
Food safety requirements
• BRC trained. External
• HACCP trained. External
• FSMA trained. External
• Excellent knowledge of the company's Quality Manual. Capability to explain it to staff and to develop it further
The production manager works under supervision of the plant manager and in close collaboration with his counterparts from finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering.
The production manager takes responsibility for receiving clients and auditors at the factory and works together with technical assistance and financial partners to realize the plant goals. The production manager communicates with clients and logistics companies on the timely dispatching of containers of finished product and the handling of customer feedback.
Integrity & transparency, efficiency, organisation & planning, analytical & problem-solving skills, attention to detail, persistence, ability to develop people, creative/Innovative, high standards, enthusiasm
Training and experience
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial/military/technical environment, agri-processing preferred
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus but can be learned on the job
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• Familiar with statistical analysis techniques
• Basic financial literacy; capability to interpret balance sheets and income statements
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
We expect the successful candidate for this position to be capable of growing into the position of plant manager within a period of 12 months, taking full responsibility for all activities of the business. This means in addition to the above, directing the value chain team that is responsible for the development and maintaining of relations with over 4000 farmers to make sure that sourcing objectives are met. It also means giving direction to the finance and administrative team and making final hiring and firing decisions.
Fysical requirements : none
Work environment : plant workfloor & office
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
One of our clients, a supplier of nearly all mines throughout in West Africa, is opening an office in Guinea Conakry, in order to more closely service the clients, follow up the projects in bauxite & alumina and investigate all possibilities of commercial and/or industrial development.
We are therefore looking for a service minded person to lead the project. To do so, you probably have a higher education and a few years of experience in industry or logistics which have exposed you to real life and business problems. You are now looking to put your own stamp on things, rather than follow established paths.
Good communication skills and absolute trust shall be of utmost importance, as you will start on your own in the country. Being on your own does not mean being alone. Besides the immediate contact with the colleagues based in Senegal or elsewhere in West Africa, you will enjoy the support from the overseas network and, when needed, from all the group experts around the world.
A good conduct of written English and French is requested besides an enthusiastic, curious mentality, appreciating doing things seriously without taking yourself seriously.
Being acquainted with the Chinese culture & language would be a significant asset.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Guinea Conakry? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client focuses on sustainable farming with small scale, subsistence farmers across East Africa, while investing in sustainable supply chains for global customers.
We are looking for a Technical Director, to be a member of the Executive Team, who will help the business strengthen its agricultural performance and drive the next generation of growth from 250 to 1,000 farmers over the next 3 years.
• Responsible to lead all agronomic operations and execution in Ethiopia
• Planning regenerative, multi-crop, year-round production with 250+ out-grower farms, while improving weekly harvest estimations and quarterly production forecasts
• Testing, evaluating and implementing new crops, cutting-edge smallholder technologies, and various engagement models
• Supporting field managers to motivate staff and drive improvements in smallholder yields and farm management
• Rapidly iterating and continuously improving our internal systems and processes
• Involved in all aspects of company leadership, strategy and management
• A background in commercial fresh-produce farming/growing
• Experience with regenerative or organic growing practices
• Experience leading teams in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
• An analytical and entrepreneurial mindset
• Experience managing P&L, budgets, and production forecasting
Interested to join this innovative business and in being based in Ethiopia? We would like to hear from you.
For a client in Ghana, in the timber processing industry / exporting all over the world, we are looking for an experienced Electromechanical engineer with a Bachelor degree but preferably with a Masters degree with 8 to 10 years’ experience, including but not limited to construction, plumbing, carpentry, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, HVAC, and mechanical systems.
• Evaluating costs associated with each project / installation or maintenance
• Improving preventive maintenance and maintenance in general of existing installations.
• Coordinating and managing the engineering team, assigning short and long term goals for successful completion of the project’s plans
• Ensuring and reviewing safety of the worksite during the course of development
• Knowledge of principles of engineering
• Must have superior budgeting and cost management abilities, assessing estimated costs early in the project and bringing the actual costs in line
• Must be able to draft clear and comprehensive reports on the statistical efficacy of projects, the use and allocation of resources, and the quality of each finished project
• Must possess technical acumen and the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of projects
• Must be willing to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, industrial settings, and construction sites
Our client offers a basic salary and :
• House fully furnished with all necessary utilities
• Great office environment
• Flights to visit home
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
JobnetAfrica is recruiting an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead and execute our client's financial and investment strategy and to perform effective risk management.
Our client is active in the clean energy sector.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Establish, execute, and manage the capital investment plan and strategy
- Perform a risk management and mitigation plan by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Prepare (and improve if necessary) internal and external monthly financial reports including forecasts as per company financial policies and procedures
- Set up in place a comprehensive dashboard to map all the duties to meet the expectations and obligations from current and future investors
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Establish and develop relations with banks, lenders, equity providers, donors and financial institutions
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Prepare and lead the budgeting process
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the company’s operations
- Keep track of the company’s path to profitability milestones and ensure ongoing profitability of the business
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Direct audit and compliance activities
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- Proven experience (2-3 years) as CFO, finance officer, finance director or other relevant role in a SME
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, business economics or other relevant field
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Sound knowledge around business, its financial dynamics and regulatory requirements across tax/commercial/banking/exchange regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP, ERP)
- Hands-on financial modelling
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Strong appeal to the Renewable Energy sector
- Great deal of personal motivation to improve the living conditions of other men and women.
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Cameroon? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.