ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
We are seeking a VP of Talent Management for our client myAgro, an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. They have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Their North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About the Role:
The VP of Talent Management will become an integral part of the People Operations team, and will be responsible for building the global talent management infrastructure across myAgro. Collaborating with departments, country offices, and global leadership, the position is responsible for the design and implementation of myAgro’s global talent management strategy, programs and processes, such as: talent acquisition, leadership development, training and learning (including performance management), and organizational culture.
- You have a nose for Finding Talent. You drive coordinated action and accountability from all partners in our hiring ecosystems so that we are poised to hire top candidates at all levels
- You Invest in People. You love this stuff. You wake up every day thinking about learning and helping team members be their best at work.
- You are a Doer. You are someone who loves to build, and who isn't afraid to use both hands in the process.
- You and your team not only enjoy creating a talent strategy, but love to implement and execute the strategy so you can see the results.
- You are a People-Person! You understand and emphasize that our people are our greatest asset.
- You believe strongly in positive employee relations and experience, team member engagement, and organizational culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive workforce planning and forecasting; leverage data to develop both short-term and long-term recruiting plans.
- Perform recruiting capacity planning and balance hiring resources (in-house, agency, etc.) to ensure the right resource allocation to support the business.
- Build succession plans for key roles throughout the organization.
- Create organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities.
- Talent Acquisition
Lead and direct a resourceful, proactive, and solution-oriented recruiting department.
- Guide the team to execute against objectives and adjust to shifting organizational priorities.
- Provide guidance, share knowledge, create and facilitate training for best recruitment practices.
- Give feedback and coaching to develop and scale the talent acquisition team for growth and global reach.
- Onboarding and Talent Development
Design and orchestrate orientation programs and organize broader team support to enable new team members to ramp up quickly.
- Manage on-going professional and leadership development programs within the organization.
- Review gaps in leadership capability across departments and develop action plans accordingly.
- Discuss career-pathing options with high-potential employees and their team leaders.
- Employee Engagement and Culture
Champion our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts across all teams to educate, promote awareness, and ensure an inclusive work environment that fosters belonging.
- Develop employee retention programs and team-building activities
- Compensation and Benefits
Evaluate and improve myAgro’s total compensation programs, salary structure, market analysis and overall compensation philosophy; help educate on pay practice.
- Craft policies that support internal promotions.
- Develop comprehensive benefits programs that ensure team member satisfaction.
- You have experience leading Global Talent Resourcing in multiple countries.
- 6+ years experience in talent management and/or development, including a focus on leadership development.
- Ability to wrap an employee-centric, holistic narrative around your work, galvanising people around simple, memorable communications.
- Ability to build relationships based on empathy, and have people look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- Know your stuff, especially when it comes to the needs of the modern learners as consumers of information and current trends impacting talent development.
- You have a proven track record of designing, implementing, and measuring innovative, high-impact learning solutions
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and data without losing sight of the bigger picture
- You have experience working globally (Africa experience preferred)
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
JobnetAfrica has partnered with ENZA zaden in Tanzania to find them a highly hands-on Technical Manager who will improve their preventative maintenance schedules and who coordinates the technical team. This great opportunity is based in Arusha, the East African heart of the vegetable breeding and a beautiful location and is a family-owned business within a high-tech environment.
ENZA Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. They produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. Please check out the animation video as below.
For more than 80 years ENZA has been working with the best that nature offers. They support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
ENZA Zaden’s strength? More than 2.000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, they continuously invest in knowledge and skills with the Enza Academy and under the flag of enzActive they organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Interested? Please continue reading.
What are you going to do?
As Technical Manager you will be accountable for the operational day-to-day technical related activities at the station. Key responsibilities include flawless and timely execution of technical related tasks, ensure appropriate maintenance planning and effectuation at the station as well as improving the maintenance processes.
As Technical Manager you make sure all machines and technical installations are well kept and operational. Therefore, you will do necessary maintenance and repairs. You will also assist with the construction of buildings and implementation of installations. You will coordinate new installations and documentation. Additionally, you keep the workshop and all tools and equipment in good condition.
You will work closely with the technical staff and with external contractors in order to ensure the required uptime of the equipment and installations. Also, you manage the technical team and make sure that they are well trained. Ensuring that proper service level agreements are in place is also part of this position. You act as a creative problem solver for the technical department and work closely with technicians and workshop engineers.
Any other activities as keeping farm surroundings neat and tidy and work according to all health & safety and farm protocols will also be part of this position.
The Technical Manager will report to the Station Manager and has 3 direct and 32 people indirectly reporting to him / her. Total number of employees in Tanzania is appr. 280.
Your main responsibilities are;
• Supervise, lead and provide direction to the technicians and workshop engineers.
• Manage and improve the replacement of installations for optimalization of the process.
• Decide and prioritize on continuous improvement actions for the maintenance activities.
• Contract management.
• Planning of preventative maintenance and Ad hoc technical problem solving.
• Development and implementation of the maintenance software module.
• Train, coach and assist the technical team.
• Review, adjust and trains the team on health & safety protocols.
• Communicate to management the results and developments achieved by the department.
• Initiate and implement improvement actions projects at department level.
Your main tasks for the first year will be;
• Setting up and implementing a maintenance plan
• Expansion of the greenhouses
• Sorting out ad hoc things, and solve them in a structural manner
• Stock management and WMS
You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve technical processes all in the right order of priority.
The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, have the ability to multitask in a high-tech environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to this position and its responsibilities.
You take initiative and you plan and prioritize your work efficiently. You are able to transfer your knowledge and skills to your team members and are flexible in dealing with cultural differences.
What we are looking for, you;
• have a bachelor’s degree in electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or comparable).
• have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager in in a comparable maintenance related environment.
• have at least 6–10-year international working experience.
• have strong leadership and (people) management skills.
• are al real motivator on innovation and process optimization.
• have professional proficiency in English.
• have affinity with horticulture.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client active in the Food and Beverage sector is looking for a Sales Representative in order to strengthen their MEA (Middle East & Africa) sales team. The candidate should preferably be based in the Republic of the Congo or the Democratic Republic of the Congo, since there is a growing market which is crucial for our client’s export strategy based on a sustainable business philosophy.
The Sales Representative will be responsible for generating sales volumes by developing partnerships and building strong brand awareness.
Requested are also very good competences in brand management, investments and (data) analytics.
What is the challenge?
• The Sales Representative will lead and influence the sales growth plan for a number of countries in Central Africa and will contribute to put in place the company’s value management and brand marketing programs with the client’s partners and marketeers. The SP will do so by evaluating new routes into the market and finding new ones to grow the company’s portfolio. Besides, the SP will be responsible for the training of the company’s partners in order to align with them about the plans to be implemented in the respective countries.
• The SP will be reporting to the Senior Sales Manager for Southern and Central Africa.
- The candidate must be living in Central Africa (preferably DRC) or is willing to relocate and must have experience in sales and/or business development in the region, although the candidate is expected to travel 30% of the time into neighboring countries.
- The candidate should hold a commercial Bachelor or, ideally, a master’s degree plus 3 – 5 years of experience in an international sales role, preferably in the FMCG.
- The SR should have good financial acumen and strong marketing experience with a proven ability to build trustworthy relationships, influence people through open and relevant communication and work independently.
- Fluent in French and English; fluency in a local language is an added value.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-growing and dynamic company and would like to become a Sales Representative in DR Congo, please apply at the top or bottom of our page (we kindly ask you to send your application in ENGLISH).
Superfood, super healthy.
Moringa is the new superfood, but at LEAFS they take it a step further. They want to make a difference through impact. With their choices and targets they make impact through every Moringa seed sown. From production to distribution; from their fields in Kwale Country to the worldwide moringa market. Every step in the supply chain is managed by LEAFS.
LEAFS is a trustworthy partner for reliable supply of organically certified Moringa, dry powder and tea leaves. They are currently looking for a General Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about combining organic plant growing and processing experience with a passion for people management.
Contributing to the success, means jointly creating employment opportunities supporting over thousands of families so far. LEAFS contributes to regional business and economic growth and helps overcome some of the most severe problems in the developing world like malnutrition, deforestation, impure water, and poverty.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the efficiency and growth of the production plant. The production started from the first 100 acres of trees planted in beginning of the year, resulted in 2 million trees so far. The first harvest and processing is planned Q4 2021.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• P&L responsible for the daughter company in Kenya.
• Responsible for leading the management team, coach and set the example.
• Focus on professionalizing working processes, SOP’s and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Implement continuous improvement as way of working
• Ensure compliancy with company policies and make sure safety procedures are in place.
• Managing by walking around, checking on processes and progress
• Verify quality of product, and partner with QA to ensure all areas are in compliance with production and safety processes
• Provide management reporting towards directors in The Netherlands
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related
• Minimum of 5 yrs. management experience and a proven track record with (organic) crop production and / or processing
• Good people management skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to contribute ideas on how to expand and diversify the operation
• Excellent communication skills in both local and international stakeholder management
• Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for growth
• Multi-task oriented and very well organized
• Hands-on mentality, not afraid of decision making
• Africa experience is a must
• Willing to relocate to Diani Beach area
Do you want to contribute to a healthy, strong and sustainable world through LEAFS? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page!
Our client is company that builds sustainable food supply chains, by investing in local processing and supporting producers and farmers with their know-how in quality, organic production, certification and logistics. For their processing facility they are seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee the production for A to Z.
As the COO you will be part of the Executive Management team. You will directly report to the CEO and work together with the CFO and the Head of Agronomy & Sourcing. Together you will form the Executive Management of the company who is working in a highly hands-on environment.
In your role as COO you are responsible for the products from the arrival of the raw materials at the factory door to the export of the end-product. You are overseeing the cashew processing, dried mango production and the dried mango quality control. You assure that production and export planning are in line with customer expectations. In addition to that, you are responsible for the maintenance team which makes sure that machines and infrastructure are in efficient condition.
You make sure you achieve the goals and KPIs through thorough analysis, planning, and organization as well as through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
• Production & Export planning & production data evaluation
• Realize the processing of raw cashew nuts and mango by managing productivity of staff
• Realize cost per kg targets and drive continuous improvement
• Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the plant
• Oversee food safety, certification (BRC) and safety at work
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with organic certification
• Continuous improvement of standard work and operating procedures, food safety and quality manual
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained, and motivated
• Maintenance of machines and infrastructure
• Manage import & export logistics
• Manage relations and evaluate efficiency of external service providers
• Manage general resources and consumables
• Efficient stock management
Competencies for this position
• High managerial & organizational skills and the ability to develop people
• High interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
• Integrity & transparency
• Efficiency, planning, analytical & problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail, persistence
• Creative/innovative, “think out of the box”, hands-on, high standards, enthusiasm
• Participative leadership
Education and experience
• Master in Engineering, Food Processing or Business or Economics
• 5-10 years’ experience in an industrial/technical environment, agro-industry and/or agro-processing
• Experience in a purchasing and logistics environment in an agricultural environment
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment (experience in West Africa is a plus)
• Strong Excel skills and ideally experience with stock management (systems)
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
Nice to haves
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• QHSE skills
• Having worked in an international environment or company
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international development organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world and for we are searching a Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe for them.
About the Role
The Business Development Coordinator is a dependable team member with a responsibility to deliver the business development and fundraising plan for Zimbabwe Africa. S/he is accountable for the effective research on appropriate funding opportunities and communicating as a key contributor the Zimbabwe business development and fundraising plan.
The Business Development Coordinator is accountable for business environment scanning and funding intelligence. The core purpose of this role is to support a viable model of funding in a proactive and responsive way to meet the strategic ambitions and to ensure that our work is effectively and widely communicated internally and externally. The post-holder and their team will support strategic relationships with donors and other funders, creating a strong profile for the organisation in Zimbabwe that builds credibility and demonstrates technological innovation. As a member of the business development team, s/he will collaborate closely with the Head of Impact and Influence to ensure integration of approaches.
Reporting to: Head of Impact and Influence
Direct reports: TBA
Groups: Fundraising and Communications Working Groups;
Relationships: Business Development Team in Zimbabwe, Funding partners relevant to change ambitions, UK Partnerships and Philanthropy team, UK Marketing and Communications.
Financial scope: Management of allocated annual budget
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Nature of contract: Regular
Travel: Role will involve some local travel and may require global travel
Generating Funding and Managing Relationships– 60%
• Researching potential funding sources and providing expertise relevant to decision-making in funding opportunities.
• Serve as a knowledge repository on donor strategy, priorities and linkages to funding priorities.
• Identify and prioritize opportunities for new business relationships with new funding sources including private sectors for flagship products and services.
• Work with the Head of Impact and Influence to track relevant opportunities for Zimbabwe and collaborate with other RCOs and the UK.
• Participate in fortnightly business development meetings to update on funding opportunities.
• Support the development of quality proposals by coordinating the inputs of teams in Zimbabwe and UK team.
Achieving Change Ambitions – 5%
• Actively contribute to the development and review of the strategic business plan by updating the donor, partnerships and funding intelligence database.
• Maintain and share an updated record of key relationships aligned with our strategic ambitions.
• Strengthen the coordination and consolidation of business intelligence gathering and sharing.
• Dedicate time for working with UK office.
Strengthening Organisational Profile – 10%
• Work with the Head of Impact and Influence, Communications Coordinator and thematic leaders to compile quality thematic profiles for each change ambition for use in marketing of the organization in Zimbabwe.
• Represent the organization internally and externally as delegated by the Head of Impact and Influence.
Leadership, Management and People – 10%
• Foster a culture of collaboration and common ambition.
• Drive your own quarterly BYB conversations with line manager.
• Proactively support the professional growth of team members by offering quality feedback.
• Promote an organisational culture by practicing the diversity, equity and inclusion principles where everyone must feel heard, respected, valued and included.
Delivering Performance – 20%
• Ensure all relevant supporting documents for proposal development are appropriately filed on SharePoint and are readily available for preparation of complete proposal packages.
• Maintain an updated bank of concept notes for future reference.
• Contribute relevant content for the annual review and reporting in liaison with the Head of Impact and Influence and MEL Coordinator.
• Facilitate logging and tracking of project ideas, opportunities and awards in line with the Projects and Awards Management system (PAMS).
To be successful in the role, the candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Experience & Knowledge
• At least 5 years of experience in business development/ fund raising/ resource mobilization for a national or international development organization.
• Demonstrated understanding and skills of reflecting organization’s goals in a proposal succinctly and convincingly.
• Familiar with the development sector and contemporary issues in Southern Africa, especially Zimbabwe and Malawi.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of donor priorities.
• Well organized, attentive to details, and concise.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to set priorities.
• Excellent analytical, editing, oral presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent ability to work virtually with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft office suite (essential), SharePoint, Teams, Zoom (or willingness to learn immediately).
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences/ Development Communication, Business Administration/ Development studies/Marketing or any related field.
We welcome applications from within and outside Zimbabwe, but candidates must have the right to work in Zimbabwe.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Solar PV Project Manager
JobnetAfrica has been retained by a strong player in the sector of building, construction and public works which have experienced sustained growth throughout the last decade. For global projects (at the moment in West Africa), they are looking for a Project Manager to manage a large solar project.
- Coordination and management of the construction works of photovoltaic parks (over 10 MWp);
- Planning and control of the execution plan on site;
- Technical support during the conception phase of the various projects;
- Coordination of work teams.
- Academic formation in Electrotechnical Engineering or similar;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the construction of photovoltaic solar parks;
- Accumulated experience of at least 200 MWp in the construction of photovoltaic solar parks;
- Experience in construction of a photovoltaic solar park of at least 75 MWp;
- Fluent in the English language;
- Availability for international travel.
Are you interested in becoming a Solar PV Project Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
1. Definition & Objective of Position
The Sustainability Manager will work with the Head of Corporate Sustainability and Social Impacts (CSSI) to ensure that the company's practices, processes, products and procedures are ethical, sustainable and environmentally friendly (being good). Also He/she will ensure the company is improving the quality of life for people in the country by investing in social programs that are consistent with the strategy (doing good).
Whilst the Head of CSSI will have ultimate responsibility for the development of a sustainability strategy through consultation with the full range of the company’s stakeholders, the Sustainability Manager will be primarily responsible for the implementation of that strategy across the business through ensuring the right processes, measurement and reporting systems, project management capability and communication protocols exist.
The Sustainability Manager will ensure that planning and decision making is guided the CSSI strategy, particularly with regard to the emphasis on promoting local traditions, driving innovation, supporting education and promoting local, sustainable sourcing and that their behavior will demonstrate the company's principles.
2. Primary accountabilities
2.1. Jointly with the Head of CSSI and the Chief Strategy Officer and the CEO, to develop the Sustainability Strategy
2.2. As part of this strategy development, Benchmark the company to peer companies internationally for Sustainability practices with a view to identifying best-in-class sustainable practice in key areas such as energy provision, water use/retention, packaging etc.
2.3. Build and manage a team in Sudan and in the other countries where the company operates, to implement the Sustainability Strategy.
2.4. Set up project documents and agreements, including governance structures, project policy, monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure successful of sustainability strategy implementation projects.
2.5. Ensure project management (control) processes, implementation and reporting are in line with the company’s, regulatory authorities’ and where relevant NGO’s compliance and quality standards.
2.6. Consistent with the CSSI strategy and aligned to the portfolio of consumer and commercial brands, to define plan and implement social impact initiatives that improve the quality of lives across Sudan and promote the reputation of the Company. The “do-good” projects
2.7. To help business leaders across the organization take more innovative approaches to solving business problems with sustainable / responsible solutions. To coordinate enterprise-wide “Be-Good” projects with project managers and where appropriate brand managers.
2.8. With the Head of CSSI and other members of the management team, to secure funding for projects from financial institutions, NGO’s, business partners, suppliers or other 3rd parties and from the company itself.
2.9. In collaboration with senior leadership, develop appropriate goals, metrics and KPIs for measuring the Company’s performance with respect to CSSI objectives and to ensure that such reporting is aligned to general and stakeholder specific certifications and requirements and meet / exceed expectations of such stakeholders.
2.10. To develop awareness and understanding for the CSSI agenda across the company to ensure each area of the business has an individual with clearly defined CSSI responsibilities and that such individuals are linked together to pursue program and policy implementation across the organization
2.11. To track, monitor, understand and report on the costs, financial benefits and non-financial benefits associated with all “Do Good” and “Be Good” initiatives. To develop an annual operating budget for the CSSI function.
2.12. To lead the development of an annual sustainability report which tracks our progress towards attaining the CSSI goals. Such report to be prepared in line with current GRI reporting standards
3. The Principal measures of success
Successful performance in the role will be assessed using a measurement framework.
4. Organisation authority and decision rights
Within the financial limits laid down in the manual of authorities, the Sustainability Manager has decision rights that are registered in a decision framework.
Are you interested in becoming a Sustainability Manager in Sudan? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.