ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
JobnetAfrica has partnered with ENZA zaden in Tanzania to find them a highly hands-on Technical Manager who will improve their preventative maintenance schedules and who coordinates the technical team. This great opportunity is based in Arusha, the East African heart of the vegetable breeding and a beautiful location and is a family-owned business within a high-tech environment.
ENZA Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. They produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. Please check out the animation video as below.
For more than 80 years ENZA has been working with the best that nature offers. They support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
ENZA Zaden’s strength? More than 2.000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, they continuously invest in knowledge and skills with the Enza Academy and under the flag of enzActive they organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Interested? Please continue reading.
What are you going to do?
As Technical Manager you will be accountable for the operational day-to-day technical related activities at the station. Key responsibilities include flawless and timely execution of technical related tasks, ensure appropriate maintenance planning and effectuation at the station as well as improving the maintenance processes.
As Technical Manager you make sure all machines and technical installations are well kept and operational. Therefore, you will do necessary maintenance and repairs. You will also assist with the construction of buildings and implementation of installations. You will coordinate new installations and documentation. Additionally, you keep the workshop and all tools and equipment in good condition.
You will work closely with the technical staff and with external contractors in order to ensure the required uptime of the equipment and installations. Also, you manage the technical team and make sure that they are well trained. Ensuring that proper service level agreements are in place is also part of this position. You act as a creative problem solver for the technical department and work closely with technicians and workshop engineers.
Any other activities as keeping farm surroundings neat and tidy and work according to all health & safety and farm protocols will also be part of this position.
The Technical Manager will report to the Station Manager and has 3 direct and 32 people indirectly reporting to him / her. Total number of employees in Tanzania is appr. 280.
Your main responsibilities are;
• Supervise, lead and provide direction to the technicians and workshop engineers.
• Manage and improve the replacement of installations for optimalization of the process.
• Decide and prioritize on continuous improvement actions for the maintenance activities.
• Contract management.
• Planning of preventative maintenance and Ad hoc technical problem solving.
• Development and implementation of the maintenance software module.
• Train, coach and assist the technical team.
• Review, adjust and trains the team on health & safety protocols.
• Communicate to management the results and developments achieved by the department.
• Initiate and implement improvement actions projects at department level.
Your main tasks for the first year will be;
• Setting up and implementing a maintenance plan
• Expansion of the greenhouses
• Sorting out ad hoc things, and solve them in a structural manner
• Stock management and WMS
You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve technical processes all in the right order of priority.
The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, have the ability to multitask in a high-tech environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to this position and its responsibilities.
You take initiative and you plan and prioritize your work efficiently. You are able to transfer your knowledge and skills to your team members and are flexible in dealing with cultural differences.
What we are looking for, you;
• have a bachelor’s degree in electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or comparable).
• have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager in in a comparable maintenance related environment.
• have at least 6–10-year international working experience.
• have strong leadership and (people) management skills.
• are al real motivator on innovation and process optimization.
• have professional proficiency in English.
• have affinity with horticulture.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international development organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world and for we are searching a Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe for them.
About the Role
The Business Development Coordinator is a dependable team member with a responsibility to deliver the business development and fundraising plan for Zimbabwe Africa. S/he is accountable for the effective research on appropriate funding opportunities and communicating as a key contributor the Zimbabwe business development and fundraising plan.
The Business Development Coordinator is accountable for business environment scanning and funding intelligence. The core purpose of this role is to support a viable model of funding in a proactive and responsive way to meet the strategic ambitions and to ensure that our work is effectively and widely communicated internally and externally. The post-holder and their team will support strategic relationships with donors and other funders, creating a strong profile for the organisation in Zimbabwe that builds credibility and demonstrates technological innovation. As a member of the business development team, s/he will collaborate closely with the Head of Impact and Influence to ensure integration of approaches.
Reporting to: Head of Impact and Influence
Direct reports: TBA
Groups: Fundraising and Communications Working Groups;
Relationships: Business Development Team in Zimbabwe, Funding partners relevant to change ambitions, UK Partnerships and Philanthropy team, UK Marketing and Communications.
Financial scope: Management of allocated annual budget
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Nature of contract: Regular
Travel: Role will involve some local travel and may require global travel
Generating Funding and Managing Relationships– 60%
• Researching potential funding sources and providing expertise relevant to decision-making in funding opportunities.
• Serve as a knowledge repository on donor strategy, priorities and linkages to funding priorities.
• Identify and prioritize opportunities for new business relationships with new funding sources including private sectors for flagship products and services.
• Work with the Head of Impact and Influence to track relevant opportunities for Zimbabwe and collaborate with other RCOs and the UK.
• Participate in fortnightly business development meetings to update on funding opportunities.
• Support the development of quality proposals by coordinating the inputs of teams in Zimbabwe and UK team.
Achieving Change Ambitions – 5%
• Actively contribute to the development and review of the strategic business plan by updating the donor, partnerships and funding intelligence database.
• Maintain and share an updated record of key relationships aligned with our strategic ambitions.
• Strengthen the coordination and consolidation of business intelligence gathering and sharing.
• Dedicate time for working with UK office.
Strengthening Organisational Profile – 10%
• Work with the Head of Impact and Influence, Communications Coordinator and thematic leaders to compile quality thematic profiles for each change ambition for use in marketing of the organization in Zimbabwe.
• Represent the organization internally and externally as delegated by the Head of Impact and Influence.
Leadership, Management and People – 10%
• Foster a culture of collaboration and common ambition.
• Drive your own quarterly BYB conversations with line manager.
• Proactively support the professional growth of team members by offering quality feedback.
• Promote an organisational culture by practicing the diversity, equity and inclusion principles where everyone must feel heard, respected, valued and included.
Delivering Performance – 20%
• Ensure all relevant supporting documents for proposal development are appropriately filed on SharePoint and are readily available for preparation of complete proposal packages.
• Maintain an updated bank of concept notes for future reference.
• Contribute relevant content for the annual review and reporting in liaison with the Head of Impact and Influence and MEL Coordinator.
• Facilitate logging and tracking of project ideas, opportunities and awards in line with the Projects and Awards Management system (PAMS).
To be successful in the role, the candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Experience & Knowledge
• At least 5 years of experience in business development/ fund raising/ resource mobilization for a national or international development organization.
• Demonstrated understanding and skills of reflecting organization’s goals in a proposal succinctly and convincingly.
• Familiar with the development sector and contemporary issues in Southern Africa, especially Zimbabwe and Malawi.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of donor priorities.
• Well organized, attentive to details, and concise.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to set priorities.
• Excellent analytical, editing, oral presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent ability to work virtually with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft office suite (essential), SharePoint, Teams, Zoom (or willingness to learn immediately).
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences/ Development Communication, Business Administration/ Development studies/Marketing or any related field.
We welcome applications from within and outside Zimbabwe, but candidates must have the right to work in Zimbabwe.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international development organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world and for we are searching a Head of Impact and Influence in Zimbabwe for them.
About the Role
The role leads the building of and fundraising for strong programmes of work in Zimbabwe, working with business development and thematic teams in Zimbabwe and UK.
The core purpose of this role is to understand the systemic issues highlighted in the strategic business plans as well as the change ambition maps and identify potential partnership and funding opportunities; to articulate the organization’s strategy and change ambitions; to build strategic partnerships with others (governments, donors, NGOs and private sector); to originate, design and develop innovative programmes to achieve these ambitions. As a member of the Zimbabwe senior management team, s/he will collaborate closely with senior colleagues to ensure integration of approaches, as well as building capabilities of other staff.
These accountabilities are indicated below with approximate level of effort against each.
Title: Head of Impact and Influence
Reporting to: Regional Director
Direct reports: Business Development Lead, Thematic Leads, Communications Coordinator
Groups: Business development
- External: Strategic partners relevant to change ambition, departments responsible for disaster management and meteorological services, relevant government ministries, donors, relevant organisations.
- Internal: Business Development Leader, other thematic and support teams in the regional office, Business Development leads in other countries, UK colleagues (International Programmes Support Team, Fundraising, Communications and Marketing, Policy and Practice, Gender Adviser)
Financial scope: Direct management of allocated annual budget
Nature or contract: 2- year fixed term contract, renewable by mutual agreement
Annual Gross salary: TBA
Travel: Expected, approximately 1-3 weeks per quarter local and regional travel
Achieving Strategic Ambitions – 20%
• With thematic leads, set the strategic direction for achieving impact at scale
• Articulate the organization’s potential and scope for contributing to change at scale in the energy, agriculture and climate resilience sectors, using a systems thinking approach to analyse and integrate cultural, political and economic factors, contribute to the formulation of the new proactive and responsive project proposals.
• Ensure that the organization’s ambition change maps and new proposals align with the wider organizations’ thinking, systems approach and framework for change.
• Support thematic leads to develop and implement advocacy and influencing plans as well as strategic partnerships
• Work with UK and other RCO teams, through the Global Change Ambition Hubs, to build a strong understanding of changes and trends in the energy, agriculture and climate resilience sectors
• Work with thematic leads in Zimbabwe and UK to develop the thematic learning agenda and ensure that the organization's work draws on learning and innovation from work in the region and our other regions, and that learning from our activities in Zimbabwe is shared wider internally and externally.
Generating Funding and managing relationships – 50%
• Develop, nurture and manage strategic business relationships and partnerships with donors, governments, potential programme partners and other stakeholders to advance the change ambitions – in collaboration with the Regional Director and Business Development Lead
• Engage with strategic partners in Zimbabwe and open doors that enable increased funding and growth of our work in Zimbabwe.
• Work with thematic leads to identify and lead the development of new, winnable project ideas and funding propositions
• Lead the designing and development (with the support of the thematic leaders and business development team) of high quality, winning proposals to secure funding for innovative programmes through which the change ambition can be achieved.
• Work with the gender coordinator to ensure firm integration of a transformative gender approach in designing all our work.
Delivering Performance - 10%
• Work with the Programme Delivery Lead and Thematic Leads to ensure quality delivery that feeds into learning, advocacy and impact at scale
• Ensure quality internal and external reporting.
• Ensure quality content on the projects and awards management system and SharePoint.
Strengthening Organizational Profile - 10%
• Represent the organization and promote its vision and change ambitions, particularly in relation to strategy, at relevant events and discussions with stakeholders.
• Ensuring that our work and its impacts are widely recognized, both internally and externally, and contribute to compelling storytelling that demonstrates impact in line with the change ambitions.
Leadership, Management and People – 10%
• As a key member of the Zimbabwe senior management team, contribute to organizational, direction and strategy, risk management, and ensure flows of information between management and relevant staff members.
• Take time to build team capabilities related to translating strategy and change ambition maps into project concepts.
• Promote an organizational culture of achieving change at scale, beyond our direct work, by influencing project designs.
• Foster a culture of collaboration, communication, embracing diversity, equity and inclusion, business development, people and culture, finance and UK teams.
• Conduct quarterly people management conversations with subordinates and line manager.
To be successful in the role, the candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Experience & Knowledge
• At least 5 years relevant working experience in the NGO business development field in Zimbabwe/Southern Africa and/or other developing countries, with knowledge and understanding of poor rural communities in developing countries, and related policy issues.
• Ability to understand and articulate energy, smallholder agriculture and climate resilience development priorities of Zimbabwe and the related markets and policy environment.
• Ability to engage externally and open doors to strategic partnerships and funding.
• Ability to design new and innovative cross sectoral programs and projects.
• Ability to effectively represent the Zimbabwe office.
• Excellent proposal writing, oral presentation, analytical and communication skills.
• Excellent ability to work with virtual cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities.
• Fluency in English.
• Commitment to development principles and the vision, mission and values.
• A sound understanding and application of and commitment to gender equality, diversity, equity and inclusion values.
Qualifications: First degree in business development, or other field related to the role. A Master’s degree in or related field, or alternative qualifications and experience demonstrating appropriate level of expertise for the role.
We welcome applications from within and outside Zimbabwe, but candidates must have the right to work in Zimbabwe.
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Impact and Influence in Zimbabwe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Solar PV Project Manager
JobnetAfrica has been retained by a strong player in the sector of building, construction and public works which have experienced sustained growth throughout the last decade. For global projects (at the moment in West Africa), they are looking for a Project Manager to manage a large solar project.
- Coordination and management of the construction works of photovoltaic parks (over 10 MWp);
- Planning and control of the execution plan on site;
- Technical support during the conception phase of the various projects;
- Coordination of work teams.
- Academic formation in Electrotechnical Engineering or similar;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the construction of photovoltaic solar parks;
- Accumulated experience of at least 200 MWp in the construction of photovoltaic solar parks;
- Experience in construction of a photovoltaic solar park of at least 75 MWp;
- Fluent in the English language;
- Availability for international travel.
Are you interested in becoming a Solar PV Project Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a growing social enterprise in the water and sanitation industry, we are seeking a CEO that can take the organisation to the next level.
Purpose of the role
The CEO will lead the team through the next phase of growth. This will include taking the team through break-even to profitability and beyond. One area of growth to be examined is opportunities to replicate the business model in other suitable cities.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Evolving and defining the company strategy working with the Board and Senior Management Team
• Growing the marketing department with a clear marketing strategy to further growth
• Bearing full P&L responsibility, ensuring growth targets (revenue and profitability) are consistently met
• Operationalizing the strategy, ensuring high quality execution across all levels of the organization
• Continually improve the quality of the organization its environmental sustainability, including, but not limited to, striving for complete circularity in waste management, bringing relevant industry innovations into the value chain as appropriate.
• Furthering the culture of innovation, accountability and operational excellence, gathering ideas from staff, stakeholders and peers and bringing them to life in the team, to help growth of the organisation
• Ensuring evaluation and improvement structures remain appropriate to the size and momentum of the business, to enable a culture of continuous improvement
• Leveraging technology to ensure high quality data and detailed analytics are at the heart of all decisions made across the business, making us more efficient
• Improving the supply chain for all products and services required to deliver the highest quality service to our customers
Team/Stakeholder Development and Engagement
• Continuing the development of the team, identifying both formal and informal opportunities for team members to grow their experience and skills to advance the organization
• Keeping the safety of all stakeholders , as a core priority, ensuring all necessary licenses and procedures are in compliance with the relevant law.
• Reporting regularly to the Board, enabling them to properly govern the organization and engage with strategic decision making, leveraging their wide array of expertise
• Effectively source, test, evaluate and scale new opportunities to improve the business across all departments
• Managing investment , with the Board’s support, to reach scale ambitions, brokering and maintaining relationships with funders and building long-term sustainable partnerships
• Working closely with funders/investors to ensure reporting requirements are met and strong collaboration continues
Minimum skills and experience
• Relevant bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated experience in successfully growing a business
• Experience effectively managing budgets over 2m GH₵. Comfortable reading and interrogating various financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, financial model etc.)
• Successful management, growth and development of experienced, high performing teams
• Demonstrated experience effectively managing change and mitigating risks in a rapidly growing organisation
• Exposure working collaboratively with a board or similar body - able to extract and leverage robust critique to improve ideas and execution
• Enthusiasm to work with low-income communities in a commercial setting
• Ability to identify and scope work with subject matter experts, such as consultants, and manage them to deliver agreed results on time, to budget
• Experience of building and maintaining external stakeholder relationships to deliver strategic results
Preferred skills and experience
• Demonstrated experience growing a social enterprise or purpose-driven organisation
• Experience in fund raising, and structuring innovative growth capital
• Experience working collaboratively with an experienced Board and able to extract and leverage robust critique to improve ideas and execution
• Experience managing budgets in excess of 10 m GH₵, in particular complex budgets and across different business units and workstreams and ensuring appropriate controls are in place
• Experience working in the WASH/sanitation sector
• Experience working with local and national government and development stakeholders, sharing appropriate information and forming partnerships where sensible
• Demonstrated commitment to the improvement of society and social services in Ghana
• A relevant, advanced degree
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
In charge of the receiving, warehousing, and timely distribution of goods to other units and the administrative aspects related to that.
Planning and coordination of logistics for the group.
- Monitoring stocks
o Weekly reports to management and other units
o always maintaining minimum stock requirement
- Processing requisitions of other units
o Confirm availability with stock
o Inform Procurement if not available
- Follow up on deliveries
- Monitor receipt, order, assembly an dispatch of goods
o Planning and coordination of the logistics between different units
o Planning and coordination of deliveries with procurement
o Planning and coordination of gate passes for contractors and suppliers
- Implement value adding services in the warehouse
- Efficient space utilization
- Communicate effectively with the different departments
- Focus on planning, 3 months minimum stock
- Daily updates on availability and requirements to relevant departments
- Weekly stock reports, stock control and reconciliation with the database
- Identification of dead stock
- Planning of future requirements
- Responsible for the administration of the department
- Planning of the rotation of staff (weekend assignment)
- Propose solutions to improve the warehouse and logistics department
- Implementation of a barcode system
- Recruitment, coaching of staff
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to prioritize works according to urgency and importance
- Ability to multitask, follow up on different projects, respect deadlines
- Problem solving skills, logical reasoning
- Discipline and following of procedure
- Knowledge of warehouse KPI’s
- Writing of reports
- IT Skills
o Excellent excel skills
o Experience with ERP, preference Dynamics/Navision
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of energy
- Motivator, team leader, strong interpersonal skills
- Pushing people to perform
- Experience of minimum ten years in warehousing and/or logistics
- Good English
- Bsc in logistics, supply chain or business administration
- Strong leadership skills
- Disciplined and trustworthy
- At least 5 years of experience in Nigeria
- Technical knowledge on engineering spares
- Housing in the company compound
- Transport to and from the work location
- 1 month paid leave per annum
- Flight tickets are covered by the company (economy class) to home country
- Insurance (excluding postnatal and dental)
Are you interested in becoming a Warehouse and Logistics Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Financial controller / head of finance and accounts / internal audit
Overall in charge of the accounts department, internal control, finance. Advising the management and owner on the financial strategy. Ensuring effective and efficient running of the business.
- Cost control; monitoring expenditure
- Internal control, policy creation
- Verification of documents related to inventory, payments, import and export of goods
- Verification of internal documents to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Monthly preparation of the management accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of inventories
o Sale goods
- Finalisation of the accounts, coordinating with statutory auditors
- Handling taxation matters and related agencies
- Handling banks
- Handling insurance
- Preparation of Management Information Reports
o Export stock and status of exports
o Imports status updates
o Financial statements (e.g. cashflow statement)
o Financial projections
- Key user of the accounting package; verification that entered information is correct
- Overseeing accounts payable, receivable, payroll preparation
- Excellent accounting knowledge
- Knowledge on import and export formalities
- Internal audit experience
- Knowledge of ERP Package MS Dynamics
- Masters degree in accountancy, finance or relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years experience
- Expat benefits
o SUV + Driver
o 2 flight tickets (Premium Economy) per annum
o Health insurance (excluding dental)
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The procurement and planning officer will develop and execute the company’s purchasing strategy. He/she will oversee the complete purchasing process, while maintaining the code of ethics. Purchases need to be planned and sourced from reliable vendors. The procurement officer must ensure security of supply to guarantee business continuity at any time. He/she needs to evaluate prices continuously, timely delivery needs to be ensured, and administration must be followed up.
Weekly, monthly and yearly budgets need to be drafted.
The Planning Officer will forecast business requirements, monitor inventory, and track consumption to ensure adequate and efficient usage of the services and materials.
This position requires transparency and sound internal communication. With the input of different departments, the maximum of price/quality ratio must be reached.
The environment is fast-paced and rewarding.
Most purchases are for the maintenance of our fleet and then mostly spare parts:
o Generator parts
o Engine parts
o Fishing gear
o Refrigeration parts (compressors)
o Electrical parts
o Winch parts
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of mechanics, engine, compressor, electrical parts
- Strategic mind, forward planning of purchases
- Ability to communicate effectively across different departments
- Experience with MIS reporting
- Willingness to learn
- Good intercultural and personal skills
- Strong negotiator
- Network skills; establish a strong relationship with vendors
- Must function well under pressure (e.g. emergency requirements)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly excel
- Experience with ERP Microsoft Navision/dynamics
- Excellent English speaker
- Familiar with import/export terminology, INCOTERMS
- Africa experience
Targets and KPI’s
- High compliance rate
o Ensure compliance measures are strictly followed
- Supplier evaluation
o Timely delivery
o Quality of product
- Reduction of emergency purchases
- Planning of purchases in relation to expected lead times, minimum stock levels
- Cost saving
- Local staff development
- Bachelor status
- Annual leave of 30 days per annum
- Annual ticket economy class to country of residence
- Company provides accommodation, driver and vehicle, househelp
- Medical insurance
Are you interested in becoming a Procurement and Planning Officer in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.