ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For one of our clients, a diverse agro-processing company involved in animal feeds, oil and maize-milling, we are seeking a Head, Plant Operations. The job is created to direct, manage and optimize the manufacturing facilities' overall operations and financial performance (P&L).
The ideal candidate:
* Has gained a minimum of 10 years cognate experience in leading milling / FMCG / Manufacturing Operations / Engineering / Supply Chain Management.
* Obtained a First degree, however a post-graduate or MBA level is an advantage.
* Possesses strong leadership quality and is process focused
* Has knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, inventory management, and improvement processes
* Has end-to-end business process understanding and experience
* Manufacturing the site with responsibilities in production output, product quality and on-time shipping
* Putting policies and procedures in place to guide plant operations, quality and cost efficiency
* Collecting daily metrics to analyze productivity and setting performance targets
* Ensuring that robust plant security and safety inspections, auditing and training procedures are implemented to meet HSE standards
* Leading labour relations negotiations in cooperation with HR and other relevant stakeholders
* Overseeing multi-functional plant support team including finance, engineering, materials planning, quality, and people management.
Should you be interested, apply today.
JobnetAfrica is a boutique Executive Search firm that focusses on international companies in Africa, doing business in the agro supply chain, renewable energy and logistics.
Just a few pointers to get a feel of who we are:
1. We are dedicated to the progress of our customers, Africa, our company and our employees
2. We don’t just talk the talk but we walk the walk. Each member of our team has experienced the challenges and opportunities of moving beyond their comfort zone
3. In our daily work, we show gratitude, not an attitude. We are supportive of customers & colleagues, and we encourage dialogue
4. As matchmakers, we are the ones that make people feel at ease; we make things happen, we are curious, and we show genuine interest in everything
5. We pay attention to the situation and our surroundings. We know when to act and when not to act, and we never twist rules for personal gain
Over the last few years, our client base has grown exponentially. Plans are to keep growing and in order to do so, we are looking for a Business Development Specialist.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for generating new leads and maintaining existing clients, and with these, meeting sales goals. Duties will include building a sales funnel online as well as through networking and travels, having sales conversations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential and existing clients.
In order to be successful in this role, you ideally have a deep understanding of the African market, in the agro supply chain, renewable energy and / or logistics, or are keen to develop this. You are enthusiastic to master our sales processes and dynamics within the Executive Search industry in Africa. Previous intercultural experience in a sales role is a must.
Business Development Specialist Responsibilities:
• Generating leads through JobnetAfrica’s pre-designed sales funnel
o Create a persona on LinkedIn
o Online volume outreach
o Visit networking events
o Travel to African destinations, our so called ‘road shows’
• Taking leads through sales process till closure
o Negotiating contracts with prospective as well as existing clients
o Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders
• Taking clients through recruitment process till hiring
o Act as project and account manager for ongoing orders
o Work closely together with our experienced team of Executive Recruiters
• Meeting or exceeding sales goals
• Be a positive addition to the existing team
Sales Representative Requirements:
• Experience working in or with African countries
• Willingness to travel into Africa (appr 3-4x per year)
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 3+ years experience in B2B sales
• Experience selling to C-suite decision makers
• Understanding of the sales process and dynamics
• Proven record of successfully obtaining sales targets
• A commitment to excellent customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with customers
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Able to work comfortably individually as well as in a team
• French language is a preference
What we offer:
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at success
• Hybrid work situation
• A fun and dedicated team
• An adventurous, demanding and challenging job with a great work / life balance!
Are you interested in this exciting vacancy? Please apply via the link.
Our client designs, finances, conceives, and operates industrial ecosystems across Africa. All of their industrial ecosystems include world-class integrated logistics services ensuring greater competitiveness. Through their industrial hubs, they seek to contribute to the development of more competitive economies and more equitable societies for tomorrow, helping achieve greater income equality in Africa. They are working on multiple ongoing activities across Africa through strategic partnerships with African governments.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Manager to manage all hiring activities for corporate functions across various projects including the cashew business, port operations, e-mobility, textile and more. This role is based onsite in Benin.
Are you a strong HR professional that has experience of working in a multicultural environment, building teams, putting the right people in the right places, pushing growth, culture, and communication, implementing processes and procedures whilst rolling out in several African countries? Then this could be for you.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs
- Source potential candidates through various online channels (e.g. social platforms and professional networks)
- Organize and attend in person job fairs and recruitment events
- Determine selection criteria via job descriptions and interview questions
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Lead employer branding initiatives and foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates
- Collaborate with global HR team and support in growing the team across projects
What we are looking for:
- 6-10 years experience in talent acquisition with a focus on proactive sourcing (headhunting)
- Generalist experience working on diverse roles in various industries e.g. manufacturing, logistics/shipping, agriculture, textile, energy, sustainability etc.
- Experience working in a recruiting agency/staffing firm preferred
- Experience managing staffing agencies for high volume recruiting preferred
- Bi-lingual (working knowledge of English and French)
- Experience and ability to work in an international, diverse environment
- A background of working and/or living in Africa
- Flexible approach and open to change
- Confident personality with a bias for action
What is on offer:
- Being part of an organisation that is a frontrunner when it comes to achieve greater income equality in Africa
- Being part of an inspirational team that innovates and drives you forward
- Great growth potential in a fast-scaling business
- A competitive package with benefits including settling allowance, flight tickets, car and fuel allowance, medical insurance.
For one of our clients in the metal processing industry, we are seeking a General Manager with operational experience in Aluminum powders and granules for various applications in different industries. The ideal candidate develops and maintains business relationships with existing and potential customers to meet sales objectives within the region. The ideal candidate has the responsibility but also the freedom to adapt global strategies to the local market, while implementing performance management and talent management, and maintaining a positive team atmosphere. You are encouraged to spend time with customers, working hands-on in addition to your management activities.
• Plan and organize production and delivery schedules.
• Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
• Ensure that production and administrative processes run reliably and efficiently by planning and organizing schedules and resource requirements (raw materials, people, equipment, PPE, work tools, etc.)
• Observe production and administration to resolve issues.
• Continuously monitor and report production performance parameters such as volumes produced, inventory, yield etc.
• Thoroughly understand all equipment used for production and product handling.
• Understand different products and their handling requirements and ensure adherence to strict quality control standards and avoid deviations, rejections, and double handling.
• Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees.
• Manage discipline, grievances, time, and attendance and ensure overtime is kept within legal limits.
• Bachelor's degree in metal engineering, marketing, business administration, or related
• 5 years plus experience in the liquid metal operation of the steel or other metal industry
• Strong networker with excellent writing, vocal and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly analytic, organizational, and creative thinking skills
• Proactive posture with a high sense of entrepreneurial necessity and urgency
• Experience in developing innovative commercial strategies and leading both direct sales force and channel routes to market.
• Results driven, proactive and a systematic, problem-solving oriented way of thinking.
• Interpersonal skills and leadership qualities to build and lead a cohesive, focused, and motivated team.
• A reliable person inspiring confidence and able to deal with people at all levels.
• Empathetic with listening skills.
• An assertive and responsive leader and a good team player at the same time.
• An open, outgoing, and robust person with natural self-confidence.
• A strong communicator and an inspiring and pro-active leader.
• Pragmatic with high integrity and a drive for doing things professionally.
• Intelligent and analytical with helicopter view and a positive and constructive way of thinking.
• Good business understanding and at the same time extremely quality conscious with sense of important details.
Are you interested?
Apply here and include your application letter and updated CV.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in KZN? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
For our client active in the fishing industry we are recruiting a Financial Controller in Nigeria.
• The Financial Controller will be responsible for managing all finance and accounting operations, preparing and publishing timely monthly and annual financial statements, establishing, coordinating and directing the preparation of financial forecasts, budgets and report variances
• Responsibilities would also include the development of internal control policies and procedures as well as cash management and managing internal and external audits and corrective actions
Duties & Responsibilities
• Preparation and submission of the monthly and annual financial reports.
• Proper and accurate book-keeping and closure of monthly and annual accounts with reconciliations (banks, vendors, customers).
• Manage the reconciliation of all ledger accounts prior to each period-end.
• Accurate closure of annual accounts in compliance with IAS & FIRS with all proper accruals and provisions along with confirmation of balances.
• Coordinate with auditors, lead statutory audit exercise, make all documents and systems available including tax computation.
• Coordinate with external auditors and drive corrective actions arising from the audits.
• Ensure all statutory returns are filed on time and compliance adhered to.
• Coordinate with different government authorities on matters related to taxes and duties.
• Ensure Company’s assets and related risks are properly covered.
• Ensure continuous local vs foreign cash-balance and availability.
• Active participation in cost optimization projects.
• Ensure proper systems and processes, internal controls & compliance.
• Regular review of ERP functionalities.
• Develop finance team, ensuring timely and correct daily accounting and payment postings and reporting.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• An MBA/M.Sc is desired
• Minimum of 15 years experience in a manufacturing industry, agriculture is a bonus
• IT savvy (hands-on knowledge working with Ms365, ERP)
• Intimate knowledge of Ms Navision and/or Dynamics 365 Business Central is a big plus
• Must know International Accounting standards, rules and regulations
• Experience working in Africa
• Preferably single status
• Located in Lagos, Nigeria
• A generous salary with expat benefits
• A job as number 2 in the company (reporting to the MD/owner)
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who supports the protection of natural resources and sustainable economic development amongst MANY other projects and initiatives is seeking an experienced and driven Managing Director, to join their Zambia team. In this role you will lead and support the organisation in its next stage of development and growth across the Southern Africa region.
The role will entail coaching and leading the team; project managing and overseeing current projects, rolling out plans for business development and acquisition; and setting targets to deliver on time, within budget, while running the day-to-day operations, in Lusaka.
Working closely with the executive leadership team, the MD's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Developing new portfolios of projects and building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders for project deliveries, and with regional government bodies
* Developing and implementing a growth strategy to work effectively across Southern Africa
* Providing oversight for all aspects of the work, in liaison with Project Directors; assessing the overall project management workload within the portfolio
* Delegating and managing workload to ensure that projects are being delivered to the highest standard of efficiency and effectiveness
* Being responsible for all staff requirements and queries and the Human Resource Systems
* Overseeing all project finances (budgeting, forecasting, execution) for projects managed, or co-managed
The desired candidate will have but not limited to:
* A minimum of 10 years' experience in being responsible for timely project delivery updates and related challenges, while managing a passionate team
* An excellent understanding of donor relations and knowledge of the NGO ecosystem in Southern Africa
* Excellent knowledge of trends, policies and procedures of a range of donor agencies
* Post-graduate degree in relevant discipline preferred
If you are interested, please apply here or send an email to email@example.com
Our client creates sustainable and affordable mobility solutions with the aim to be at the forefront of the automotive industrialisation in Africa. We are looking for an experienced and versatile Head of Engineering to step into an exciting new role of driving the design, engineering and manufacturing of the first electric car in Africa.
It's a global, fast-paced, dynamic environment in a unique and pioneering enterprise with a sustainable mission. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
• Build and supervise the technical team responsible for design & development of the company's electric car to finish functional prototypes.
• Instruct internal and external team technical members and deeply understand the engineering and integration process across all domains (chassis, body, interior, exterior, powertrain, electrical).
• Work in an international team and relate to experts, management, suppliers and process partners in Ghana, in Germany and other places.
• Take responsibility for viable technical solutions that will take the company's EV from prototype to mass production.
• Investigate and implement relevant technology partnerships for supply components and engineering services.
• Enable technical team and external cooperation partners to achieve technical product targets.
• Install quality assurance system.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
• 8+ years of experience in engineering incl. 2-3 years in leadership
• Extensive knowledge of a full vehicle manufacturing process
• Some experience in electric vehicle manufacturing
• Experience at strategic level for technological analyses and research
• Experience in financial and production planning
• A background of working in Africa or desire to do so
• A cost-efficient mindset
• A strong communicator with good negotiation skills
• Great leadership and managerial skills with the ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
• Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
• Ready for extensive international exposure and reporting into the shareholder office (Germany)
• Recognized high-profile education and degree in Engineering or related field; MBA or other relevant business degree is a plus
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Engineering in Ghana ? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page or contact inari@jobnetafrica with your application.
Our client is a global leader in animal nutritional products with a presence in several countries around the world. We're seeking a Financial Controller to drive the formulation and implementation of the F&A strategy of the Operating Company (OpCo) in order to ensure the availability and reliability of adequate (financial) information as well as to contribute to the realisation of the business strategy of the OpCo.
• Strategy - Formulates a financial strategy, consistent with the business strategy of the Division and corporate guidelines, which after approval by the General Manager, results in short and (mid) long term plans for the department and a framework for the key areas of the department.
• Business Year Planning - Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the department, in line with the strategy of the Division, in order to give, after approval by the General Manager, guidance for the activities of the department.
• Financial control - Ensures the timely and accurate availability of financial plans, reports and budgets, within corporate guidelines, in order to give management adequate insight into the financial situation
• Management advice - Proactively advises management in decisions with substantial financial consequences, and takes care of financial analyses to support these decisions, within corporate guidelines, to ensure financial awareness in decision making and to minimise financial risks.
• Risk management - Plans, directs and controls risk-management, supervises and controls the handling of claims, within corporate guidelines, in order to guarantee a balance between the financial (economic) risks and the costs of insurance
• Tax management - Ensures the handling of local tax matters, in line with corporate tax guidelines, in order to comply with relevant local tax rules and legislation.
• Administrative organisation - Ensures the formulation of the administrative organisation, in line with corporate guidelines, in order to safeguard effective and controllable administrative processes.
• Budget control - Controls the budget of the department, takes corrective actions when necessary, and ensures adequate reporting, within the corporate guidelines, to ensure that the department delivers its budget and meets KPI objectives.
• Human Resource Management - Organises, manages, develops and staffs the department, in order to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimisation of business results.
• Deputy duties - Depending on the business position of the OpCo, the Finance Manager may be acting as deputy of the General Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
• University education in finance and/or accounting.
• Professionally qualified
• Experience within the food manufacturing industry
• Hands-on financial professional, experienced as being Finance responsible for reporting Profit/Loss & Balance sheet within an International Business and/or Accounting Firm.
• Experience with SAP or other recognized ERP system is strongly preferred.
• Excellent IT skills in MS Office
• Strong communication skills – oral and written English
• Enjoys analysing numbers
• Able to demonstrate Integrity, Honesty & loyalty
• Entrepreneurial self-starter; an ability to take initiatives and get things done.
• A team player with an international, independent, pragmatic, result oriented attitude.
• Comfortable with a small team and end responsibility for financial results (correctness; timeliness)
• Capable working under tight deadlines.