ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
PAIX Data Centres (PAIX) is a fast-growing provider of cloud- and carrier neutral colocation data centre services, doing ground-breaking work in the African datacentre industry. PAIX designs, builds and operates carrier neutral data centres on the African continent.
The company’s vision is: To be the heart of Africa's digital economy, enabling our customers to enhance their value proposition effectively interconnecting their business with their communities of interest, for a better, healthier, wealthier, and more inclusive Africa.
PAIX has it roots in the Netherlands, but is growing on the African continent with current operations in Ghana and in Kenya.
We are seeking a CFO who will partner with our CEO and enable the business to expand, both in our current footprint and in new markets including Francophone African countries. The expansion can be both organic and through M&A.
We are looking for an experienced CFO who will contribute to managing the business.
The CFO will be responsible for comprehensive and insightful performance analytics, reporting, and disciplined control to drive continuous margin improvement, while leading a team that supports financial oversight, risk management, accounting, and finance.
At PAIX, you will be working with a young and ambitious team, expecting you to "roll up your sleeves" and lead the finance function, and have a chance to focus on your career in a unique technology environment on a global scale. This requires you to be hands-on and flexible to act with the highest level of integrity and trustworthiness, be energetic and capable of driving results in an entrepreneurial environment.
∙ Your primary focus will be in developing and leading the company's international finance function. Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting & auditing (Investor & Board Reporting). This all in order to enable the business to expand, both in our current footprint and new country operations in Francophone Africa
∙ You are responsible for the development of a financial strategy, the on-going development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This includes the financing of our expansion into new markets, financial planning, managing, and preparing budgets, analysis and financially managing projects
∙ Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
∙ Develop reporting (dashboards) and procedures, to have cost accounting and track performance by metrics/KPIs (Pricing, Cash Flow forecasting, Budget vs Actuals, etc)
∙ You completed a MSc in Accounting, Finance, business economics or another relevant field and you are CPA / CA qualified
∙ You have 5-8 years’ experience in a fast-growing setting (start-up to scale up)
∙ You have 5 years of experience in a BIG-4 firm
∙ You have experience working in a PE-backed or publicly listed company, with involvement in M&A
∙ You are tech-savvy, process-driven, policy-minded, and people-oriented
Ideally, you also have
∙ In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
∙ Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
∙ Sound knowledge around business, its financial dynamics, and regulatory requirements across tax/commercial/banking/exchange regulations
∙ Excellent communication, analytical, reasoning, people, and problem-solving skills
∙ Strong leadership and organizational skills
∙ Strong appeal to the Telecommunications (data centre, IT or towers) sector
∙ Financial work experience in East and/or West Africa
What We Offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development.
Candidate would ideally work from our Nairobi office.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact cfoPAIX@jobnetafrica.com
In charge of the management of :
- the refineries 500TPD & 100TPD
- fractionation 140TPD and later 2 x 140TPD
- Jerrycan’s filling plant
- stearing packing plants.
He/She will be responsible to produce on time and on quality, keeping a safety work environment.
- Supervises and assigns the work of workers.
- Report production data on a daily basis
- Order consumables based on production planning
- Verify all process parameters to get quality compliant product.
- Make sure that HSE rules are respected
- Be in charge of the SOP for refinery, fractionation and packing lines.
- Participates in innovative solutions to problems in refinery, fractionation and packing units.
- Conduct regular safety meeting and risk analysis with the workers.
Key performance indicators
- Quality of production
- Throughput of the plants
- Yield of refinery
- Production on time
- No Customer complaint
- Keep the plant in a safe work environment
- Operators and supervisors of the different production lines
Other relevant information
- Have excellent computer, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to work in Nigeria in isolated area
- Expat contract with interesting conditions for singles or family status
Key working relationships
- Commercial department.
- Finance department.
- Maintenance department.
- Project department
- HSE department
Profile-requested background and competences
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees and contractors.
- Ability to perform various clean-up and first degree of maintenance tasks as needed.
- Ability to update inventories and other supplies as needed.
- Ability to inspect, operate and maintain equipment. Skill in maintaining and repairing electrical and security hardware.
- Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Bachelor/Master in Mechanical or Process Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience at senior management level;
- Able to communicate and share your vision with the teams
- In the end, able to train, coach, motivate and lead forward is an asset;
- Fluency in English
- Computer Literate, ability to use ERP system
- Ability of Scada usage.
- Experience in agro-industry in Africa is an asset
- Very good knowledge in physical refinery, fractionation processes.
- Very good knowledge in Jerrycan molding and filling.
- Very good knowledge in carton box packing line.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of engineering practices, international standards, and economic principles related to incumbent’s field.
- Have sufficient experience to support and troubleshoot refinery distillation and fractionation units, review and scope new capital projects. And participate in project commissioning.
- Good command of English written and oral communications.
Are you interested in becoming a Refined Products Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is investing in an ambitious, decade-long, sustainability program, with activities in coffee producing countries all over the world. Our goal is to be the leading supplier of sustainable coffee, ensuring that our roaster clients are able to meet their pledges on a wide range of topics from carbon emissions and resource management to living incomes for coffee farmers.
Your task is to lead the farm-level digitization strategy and global M&E department. Your goal is to design and implement a robust global data capture and reporting system to measure and evaluate the success of the company’s sustainability strategy. Using different tools, your team will be expected to maintain a performance dashboard of the major sustainability initiatives in the group, and to support global and local teams in analyzing farmer level performance metrics.
You are expected to be a highly motivated and thoroughly experienced project manager and team leader who works very well in a multi-cultural context. You are able to adopt flexible working hours and have experience in working in a complex matrix organization. You have a passion for data, technology and innovation but are fundamentally a very rigorous operator who understands the importance of standardized practices, good data and on-time reporting. In your previous jobs you have managed data and digital strategies in complex agricultural supply chains or rural development projects involving tens of thousands of households/stakeholders. You have experience managing remote and diverse teams.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic growing global family business, being part of a transformation that will ultimately put sustainability at the center of our mission, improving engagement with all value chain partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Build up the global sustainability digitization, data management and reporting strategy and function for the company's sustainability strategy and deploy it out across all geographies
• Develop and maintain data governance protocols, including establishing metrics and data definitions, protocols for data collection and cleaning, data sharing and privacy, and reporting
• Deploy standardized data collection, aggregation and analytical tools across all global companies and establish mechanism to ensure that protocols are followed
• Build an internal sustainability data team including business analysts and data analysts to process, clean and analyze sustainability data and roll-out digitization strategy
• Collaborate with the MIS department to support the development of a data warehouse, including defining sustainability data architecture strategy
• In collaboration with subject matter experts develop models and dashboards to measure progress around impact goals (carbon, regenerative agriculture, deforestation, human rights)
• Be a lead advocate for supply chain digitization and the use of scalable digital technology as a tool to facilitate the company’s sustainability transformation
• Support the Head of Sustainability and other internal stakeholders in preparing data and reports for management, clients and banks
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, programing, statistical modelling, geographic information systems or a field related to data management
• Experience in designing data management systems for global projects or supply chains as a senior project lead
• Experience in building and managing teams for the purpose of managing data integrity and analysis
• Experience in data modelling and analysis
• Experience of living and working overseas in a professional role
• Passion for accuracy, data management systems, and data analysis
• Pragmatic individual who first and foremost knows how to interpret data and apply it to a business setting
• Ability to work across different cultures and nationalities (excellent EQ, CQ)
• Ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
• Extensive use of business intelligence software (eg Power BI)
• Willingness to travel and spend time solving practical problems with local teams as well as training field staff and enumerators
Should you be interested, apply here or send your updated CV to email@example.com
One of our clients in the cocoa industry is currently looking to hire an organized and independent Program Manager Consultant for West Africa.
- Visiting supply chain partners in the cocoa producing areas
- Contributing to setting up, managing, and monitoring sustainability programs
- Ensuring communication between supply chain partners and our client in Europe
- Representing our client in relevant stakeholder bodies in West Africa
- Reporting and feedback on site visits, ensuring quality and sustainable processing
- Stay up to date on latest developments in the cocoa sector
- Expert in cocoa with at least 5 years of work experience in cocoa sustainability
- At least 1st degree in Agriculture, (Agricultural) Economics, Business Sciences or similar
- Willingness to travel frequently in rural cocoa growing areas
The ideal candidate resides in Ivory Coast.
Are you interested in becoming a Program Manager Consultant for West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
JobnetAfrica is an executive search agency that focusses on senior recruitment across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. We are looking for an excellent administrator to join our pan-African team.
As an administrator, you are responsible for continuously pushing pre-sales activities, plan and coordinate meetings, manage our database and work on online marketing activities. You are a person that thrives under neat and tidy mailboxes, to do lists, details and making the company look great externally.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality
• Has great eye for detail
• Is tech savvy
• Sees opportunities and takes them
• Enjoys working with targets
• Has affinity with the African market
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven
• Shows initiative
• Is not afraid to give his/her opinion
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
Task and responsibilities:
• Managing e-mail boxes
• Managing LinkedIn profiles (invites, messaging)
• Planning and following up on meetings
• Preparing and sending newsletters
• Preparing and posting online material
• Updating CV database
• A strong (recruitment) brand name
• An international team that supports you
• Working from our office in Cape Town (Bree Street), partially remote
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Growth opportunities into recruitment / marketing / research
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica team.
Our client, who is a developer and operator of world-class industrial ecosystems in Africa, is looking to appoint a Business Head for their Meat business based in Chad.
The business in Chad is to be set up to become the leading meat supplier in country as well as the region. Therefore, we are looking for candidates with solid experience in the cattle and red meat industry.
The Business Head needs experience in logistics, sourcing, processing, and distribution. The Business Head will also be responsible for developing the commercial and sales activities of the subsidiary by implementing the cluster’s commercial strategy as well as ensuring a seamless and robust operation on the ground.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Setting up and managing the Meat Business Unit within the Chad cluster. This entails picking up existing operations and building a profitable meat business for the local market in Chad as well as the export market to neighbouring countries.
• P+L responsibilities, monitor, anticipate, and respond to changing market conditions to proactively grow the meat business unit. Manage the business based on market intelligence, in-depth knowledge of customers and insightful and creative strategic planning
• Ensure the development of strategic business plans and budgets that meet or exceed set goals while optimizing market share. Prioritize and focus the business direction and energy on those activities that will ensure sustained commercial and operational success as well as profitable returns on investment.
• Lead teams in the development of executable plans. Optimize brand positioning, market share, pricing, packaging improvements, distribution, communications, and customer segmentation.
• Develop an in-depth as well as practical understanding of customer needs and challenges within the meat industry, by championing a customer-focused environment.
• Be responsible for accurate forecasts of the meat business portfolio in relation to sourcing, demand, and planning.
• The Business Unit manager needs to be a leader within the business; while actively coaching and developing people to strengthen both individual capabilities and the team’s ability to provide value to suppliers and customers.
• Manage finance and HR departments, following local rules and regulations, tax systems and reporting.
• Stakeholder management with governments, investors and management within the cluster of Chad.
• Oversees and manages export / import activities.
• You have 10 to 15 years of relevant general management experience within the meat industry
• You have commercial insights in the meat business.
• You are commercially driven
• You are an exceptional team-leader with proven organizational skills
• You are hands-on and proactive
• You are adventurous and make the most of opportunities in challenging environments
• You are fluent in English - French and / or Arabic is a plus.
• Problem solving skills
• Stake holder management
• Team spirit
• Culturally savvy
• Decision making skills
• Negotiation skills
• Values and ethics driven
• Problem solving skills
Are you interested in becoming a Business Head for this Meat business in Chad? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
What will be your role?
By joining our client as Deputy Country Manager, your role will be crucial to develop growth in your country:
• Manage market P&L together with the General Manager
• Coordinate with the local Head of Operations, Head of Marketing, Head of Care and Office Manager
• Manage the team and the office: animate the team, ensure their happiness and motivation, communicate the action plans and make sure that the team performs them as cleanly as possible.
• Own growth of the business, driving execution to boost drivers & passengers base, rides, and revenue in a dynamic, highly competitive space.
• Represent the company in the community, local media, and in communication with key city stakeholders
• Build and develop strong relationships with senior team members across the different teams and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the local level
• Identify and communicate local product needs to product/engineering teams and playbook and share best practices internally to build for scale across the organization
• Role based in Luanda, possibility to expand into other Angolan cities
What do you need?
• 4+ years of operations management and/or business consulting, proven in building and developing teams, optimizing processes, and defining business goals. Experience in African markets is key.
• A natural leader with 3+ years of people management experience: you have a high cultural and emotional intelligence, and proved the ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail.
• Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality
• Data-driven mindset, with strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, form and execute a strategy.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
• Excellent organization and time management
• Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams
• Fluent in English and Portuguese. Bonus if you speak French as well.
• Passion for Mobility topics and "shared economy"
Why would you join?
• The opportunity to grow along with the structure, as our client's operations in Africa are set to grow very quickly.
• You are taking part in an adventure that could change mobility in Africa
• Travel budget to go to the premises in Paris, regular Team events (lunches/ dinners, off-site, seminars)
• and finally, you join a united team of colleagues as cool as they are competent
Are you interested in becoming a Deputy Country Manager in Angola? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
To formulate and implement strategy of the sales and marketing department to ensure a strong, innovative, and well positioned and growing sales operation in line with business objectives.
Support business growth strategies to help meet company goals and Budget. Formulates, together with the General Manager, the commercial strategy, consistent with the business strategy.
Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the department, including budget(s), market developments, financial and other business objectives.
Develops and maintains an efficient sale, (support) organization, according to the framework of the year plans, to obtain the quantitative and qualitative sales targets. Provide on-the-ground support for sales and technical as they generate leads and close new deals.
Manage Key accounts in the region.
Oversee demand planning and customer service to optimize support processes.
Organizes, manages, develops, and staffs the department in line with corporate guidelines, to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimization of business results. Coaches his/her team on a regular basis to achieve team and individual targets.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Biological sciences OR Veterinary medicine plus a Master’s/ MBA
A university degree in business or biological science and at least 3 years of relevant experience or Diploma with 5 years relevant experience. An MBA is an added advantage.
Industry knowledge and experience – preferably fish nutrition experience OR animal nutrition experience
Frequent travelling within the region doing client visits and business development
Excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites
Coaching: can guide and develop the team for optimal business growth and development.
Adaptability: Has the ability to quickly adapt to dramatic and continued changes in the workplace or environment or changes in the way things are done. Has a high learning agility to either grow vertically or horizontally.
Guiding the business: Knows company's goals, objectives, strategy, needs, strengths, and weaknesses to understand the capabilities and resources available to address the market opportunities and are better placed to guide staff.
Communication: Report writing and presenting at senior management level. Synthesizes information and can communicate the big picture to executive-level clients, peers, and team members. Gaining others support for ideas, proposals, and solutions, and getting others to take action to advance work objectives.
Technical, sales, and sales support team.
Key accounts, Customers, Distributors,
Government–Policy, Legal & Compliance issues