ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
We are seeking a Finance & Administration Manager for an International client, to join their dedicated team in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for overseeing the execution of the financial management activities, development and implementation of financial management systems, financial reporting, HR & Administration related issues, guiding management in making decisions for the company and ensuring that appropriate systems, procedures, and controls are operational.
The position holder will manage operational areas under the rules, regulations and guidelines of the company while ensuring the accomplishment of goals and targets given by Management, and bringing in-depth knowledge of industry regulations standards and Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills to the business
Oversee and ensure financial systems and procedures that enable efficient and appropriate use of financial systems
• Monitor and record financial international transactions according to company policies and regulations
• Development and review accounting and financial policies and procedures
• Review of key account balances & Approve payments
• Ensure that changes in legislation or company structure are reflected without delays in internal controls and systems
• Ensure daily and month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries are undertaken on time
• Provide technical staff relevant trainings to ensure understanding and compliance with financial policies
Effective management and oversight of working capital
• Coordinate the stock counts and end of year
• Coordinate and maintain a cash flow management
• Manage debtors, creditors and their accurate recovery and reconciliation on the balance sheet
• Coordinate the financial audit and subsequent annual reports
• Generate accurate and timely financial reports and statements for Management review
• Prepare financial reports monthly
• Ensure preparation of accurate and timely sales reports and inventory reports
• Preparing annual budgets, pricing, forecasts
• Monitoring closing processes, billing, invoicing, expenses, reimbursements, and payroll administration
Financial Management Systems
• Provide support in procurement of the computerized accounting systems through evaluation of various suppliers and provide recommendations best applicable system
• Monitor the performance of the financial management system through identification of system challenges and recommendation of system of functions that need improvement
• Ensure all the finance team members understand and are in position to effectively utilise the financial system
• Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion
• Respond to all queries from external stakeholders on finance related issues
• Bachelor Business Administration (Accounting/Finance)
• Minimum 5 - 6 years’ experience in similar role in a commercial international environment (commodities processing environment is a plus)
• Knowledge in CRM and accounting software
• Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
• Fluent in English and French
Attitude / Motivation
• Value adding (willingness to go an extra mile)
• Kindness (enthusiasm, passion, and encouragement to all)
• Result driven and Entrepreneurial
• Keep company information and operations confidential
Are you interested in becoming a Finance & Administration Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Job Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Country Director, Ghana
Location: Accra, Ghana
Our client is looking for a driven and passionate individual, who has a proven track record of creating businesses from scratch. Working within an agreed business timeline, the individual will work to develop a deep understanding of their trucking business in Ghana and update/ develop and/or build on a business strategy for the organisation.
You will be required to identify the success and sticking points for all stakeholders which will result in the successful adoption of an e-logistics platform. A team player who can work with both internal and external stake holders to supervise the development of the required platform to successfully initiate operations.
Functions include but are not limited to, providing strategic direction, managing stakeholders, optimizing operating costs, budget, and plan marketing with high ROI, expand client and trucking base. Lead, supervise and energize the team to achieve its goals and objectives. Provide and support creative and innovative ideas for sustainable business growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify key success factors and test the hypothesis for the same
• Identify stake holders
• Identify the route to market
• Build systems and procedures to ensure business growth
• Identify, analyse, and implement key success factors to ensure operational effectiveness
• Prepare and implement an SOP for business activities
• Build a cost efficient and robust back-office team to sustain the business
• Oversee software development and implementation thereof to ensure all business needs are met
• Lead change management while integrating new systems with legacy business operations
• Identify and onboard clients and create tailor made solutions
• Create a benefits plan for truck owners and operators
• Create a supplier benefits plan
• Market analysis and and competitor analysis to build business strategies and identify opportunities
• Establish CAPEX needs and submit proposal to encourage growth of the business
People Management & Development:
• Motivate and coach team members; ensure efficient teamwork and coordination of activities
• Maintain an alignment of individual goals and targets for each team member
• Ensure ongoing learning to improve skills through training and workshops
• Responsible for building the cultural framework to ensure business success
• Create, implement, develop, and enforce the code of conduct, related policies and Health and Safety rules
• Perform job evaluation of existing and new roles that supports business growth and sustainability
• Performance management and development of team based on agreed goals
Business and Financial Reports:
• Prepare and execute business budget and forecasts
• Create, develop, and enforce action plans to follow financial constraints
• Prepare and attend monthly review meetings
• Provide regular data for Financial Reports
Experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Minimum education qualifications: Master’s Degree in Management, Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain, or a related commercial field
• At least 10 years work experience in the field of procurement, supply chain and logistics
• Experience of the Logistics and e logistics sector highly advantageous
• IT skills: Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint are required for report writing, doing presentations, record keeping, data analysis and budgeting
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to make decisions under pressure and handle emergencies
• Ability to communicate instructions clearly and present goals and objectives to the team
• Strong initiative and leadership skills
• Task prioritization, scheduling, and allocation thereof
• Plan and organize the tasks of both white collar and blue-collar employees/ colleagues
Our client is one of the major exporters of cocoa and coffee beans and also a major processor and exporter of cashews in Ivory Coast.
We are looking for a reliable, organized Management Trainee to help management develop and implement our growth strategies. This position is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience in a managerial role with advancement potential, in an African context.
What is a management trainee?
A management trainee works under the supervision of managers and executives in the organisations in this case the owners. Their goal is to acquire all essential knowledge to become future managers, often in particular fields, such as purchasing, sales, sustainability or operations.
What does a management trainee do?
Management trainees may often rotate to different company departments (e.g. Finance, Sales, Marketing, Logistic, Quality, etc.) to learn all company functions, policies, and staff duties. They contribute to strategic planning and help evaluate employee and department performance.
During your on-the-job training, you’ll learn how to identify and apply important strategies and business processes. You’ll get to know the nuts and bolts of the company’s functions and operations and you’ll support our management team with daily tasks such as allocating budget and crafting performance reports. To succeed in this role, strong analytical skills and effective communication are important management trainee qualifications you should have.
Management trainee duties include:
• Understanding how a company operates
• Supporting managers with various tasks
• Learning to evaluate performance
• Completing all assigned tasks and assisting with day-to-day operations.
• Participating in meetings, workshops, and other learning opportunities.
• Gaining knowledge of company policies, protocols and processes.
• Taking detailed notes and liaising with Managers, Supervisors, and other senior staff.
• Fulfilling any requirements and meeting goals set out at the start of the traineeship.
• Following all company regulations, and health and safety codes.
• Preparing documents and updating records.
• Traveling to different places (upcountry) and participating in daily operations as required.
Requirements and skills:
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree with maximum 4 years off full-time working experience in Management or Business
• Experience in management role or similar/relevant field (e.g. Operations, Finance, Logistic, QA, Sustainability, Certification, etc.)
• Strong leadership skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Strong verbal and written presentation skills
• Excellent math and computational ability
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to work overtime if required and excellent time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Fluent in English, French is preferred
What is on offer:
• A fantastic learning curve in an international company in Ivory Coast
• Plenty opportunity for growth
• Long term cooperation
• Interesting package and benefits
If you’re excited with our company’s vision and want to start the path of becoming one of our future leaders, we’d like to hear from you.
For our client active in the energy sector we are recruiting a Country Director for their activities in Malawi.
The overall purpose of this job is to manage the day to day operations and activities of the projects in Malawi and associated countries/projects.
- Design, update and assess/review the country strategy. Lead on the implementation of the strategy with support and guidance from the CEO and the project board.
- Manage and support all operations and departments; overseeing the development, and maintenance of operational procedures for individual projects.
- Monitor external and country-specific trends to anticipate future needs and requirements for all stakeholders.
- Operate the company and its projects with due regard to health and safety, as directed by the board of the company from time to time.
- Oversee all day-to-day operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of business plans and strategies.
- Drive and implement any corporate restructuring plans that would increase efficiencies, as directed by the board of the company from time to time.
- Identify and manage risks to the business.
- Target and initiate business partnerships with other companies
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Oversee employment and ensures there are sufficient staff to implement the business strategy.
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement and develop/retain a high performing managerial team.
- Attend board meetings as well as hold director positions where required on any subsidiary investments.
- Build trust relations with key partners, lenders and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for these parties.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the board.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor's degree
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in the Renewable Energy Sector
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects, and relationships;
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals;
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Should have strong analytical and be result-oriented;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader;
- Must have strong management and Leadership skills;
- Must have the ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should have problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate the ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills; and strong liaison, interpersonal skills.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director in Malawi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, a financial services company based in East Africa, we are recruiting a Group Brand Manager.
The Group Brand Manager will have partnerships with sales, finance, operations, legal, product development, and within marketing, as well as executives and staff.
• Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term
• Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and social media
• Assisting with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as developing new business opportunities
• Creating and managing promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding
• Managing the budget for advertising and promotional items
• Competitor and customer insights analysis
• Analysis of sales forecasts and relevant financials and reporting on product sales
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Advertising and Marketing, Economics or Engineering required, post graduate degree preferred
• Eight years of sales, marketing, communications, finance, supply chain/supply planning, process development, new product development, or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
• Outstanding in formulating brand strategies and managing marketing executions.
• Solid business acumen, able to develop plans and budgets, and then operate within those guidelines.
• Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
• Experience of brand P/L responsibilities.
• Highly analytical with the ability to view market data and trends, plan and execute strategies resulting from the analysis.
• Experience in Financial Services/Banking industry is a plus
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to relate well to people in multi-national organizations and with people in foreign subsidiaries
Are you interested in becoming a Group Brand Manager in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Le département des infrastructures
Le département des infrastructures a un rôle central au sein du parc. Il appuie tous les départements de l’organisation : sécurité, tourisme, agriculture, entreprenariat, aviation, charroi, etc. La liste n’inclut pas le programme électricité qui est géré par une structure distincte.
Les activités (projets) du département sont très variés. Ils incluent la construction de nouveaux lodges touristiques, de camps fortifiés pour les gardes, de clôtures électriques en bordure du parc, de parcs industriels, de conduites d’adduction d’eau pour la population riveraine, de routes (pistes et dessertes agricoles), etc. Outre les activités de construction, l’entretien des installations existantes est centrale afin d’assurer leur pérennité.
Outre les compétences en architecture et gestion de chantier, chaque projet requiert la planification et le déploiement d’une logistique complexe. Ceci est particulièrement le cas pour les travaux dans des zones isolées à l’intérieur du parc qui sont parfois sujettes à une relative insécurité.
Le département compte 90 effectifs : ingénieurs civils, architectes, électriciens, plombiers, menuisiers, soudeurs, responsable administratif et financier. Quotidiennement, entre 200 et 300 travailleurs journaliers sont embauchés sur les différents chantiers.
Responsabilités et activités principales
Le Chef du département des infrastructures supervise 5 grands pôles d’activités.
Le bureau d’étude
Le bureau d’étude prend en charge la conception des dossiers d’avant-projet, des dossiers d’exécution (concernant l’architecture, la stabilité et les techniques spéciales) et le calcul des budgets. Il établit une prévision détaillée des états de besoin nécessaires pour chaque projet.
Le bureau d’exécution
Le bureau d’exécution est actuellement composé de 5 chef de chantiers. Ils prennent en charge l’exécution des projets : construire conformément aux plans d’exécution et aux règles de l’art de la construction, superviser les corps de métier présents sur le chantier, contrôler l’application des techniques spéciales, assurer la gestion financière et le recrutement de la main d’œuvre occasionnelle, gérer les stocks d’équipement et matériaux.
Les clôtures électriques
Les clôtures électriques préviennent les destructions des cultures par les animaux du parc. Elles totalisent une centaine de kilomètres à ce jour. La distance qu’elles couvrent s’agrandira fortement au cours des prochaines années. Une équipe de 8 personnes assure leur construction et leur entretien. Elles font appel chaque jour à 100 travailleurs journaliers en moyenne.
L’entretien et les petits travaux
Le parc construit et gère de nombreuses infrastructures. Un programme d’entretien et/ou de rénovation est indispensable. Une équipe de techniciens s’y consacre. Elle assure aussi les petits travaux.
Le bureau administratif et financier
Un Responsable Administratif et Financier (RAF) assiste le Chef de Département. Cette dimension du travail est susceptible de croître afin d’appuyer le nombre croissant de projets exécutés par le département.
Profil: Ingénieur civil, ingénieur en construction, ingénieur architecte ou architecte
Expérience: 5+ années d’expérience dans le domaine de l’architecture et/ou de la construction
Chef hiérarchique: Directeur des opérations du PNVI
Qualifications et compétences requises:
• Excellente maitrise des règles de construction
• Excellente maitrise des règles d’architecture
• Excellente maitrise dans l’élaboration des plans architecturaux, de stabilité et de techniques spéciales
• Sens créatif élevé pour la conception des projets
• Notions en électricité domestique et en plomberie
• Salaire compétitif ;
• Contrat de 2 ans (renouvelable) avec 3 mois de période d’essai ;
• Couverture médicale ;
• Logement, restauration sur site et transport pris en charge par l’employeur ;
• Dispositif de sécurité pour la mise en œuvre des activités sur le terrain.
Outre des conditions contractuelles avantageuses, vous :
• Aurez l’opportunité de contribuer directement à l’amélioration et au développement du PNVI,
• Bénéficierez d’une indépendance importante dans la mise en œuvre de votre travail,
• Vivrez dans un endroit unique au monde (au départ du quartier-général du parc à Rumangabo), classé au patrimoine mondial de l’UNESCO, tout en profitant des aspects plus sociaux d’une grande ville telle que Goma (1h à 3h de route des différents camps),
• Pourrez évoluer à long terme dans l’organisation.
• Bonne maitrise des logiciel Autocad, Sketchup, Word et Excel
• Excellente gestion d’équipes (autorité et sensibilité)
• Excellentes capacités d’organisation et de planification (logistique et budget) logistique
• Indépendance et attitude orientée vers la résolution de problèmes
• Une expérience pratique en RDC et/ou en Afrique subsaharienne est un avantage
• La connaissance du swahili est un avantage
Are you interested in becoming a 'Chef(fe) du département des infrastructures en RDC'? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For one of our European clients, who is using innovative systems and software, to improve the lives of people, we are recruiting a Managing Director for their Head Office in Accra.
Purpose of the role
• Manage day-to-day operations of the company and its overall performance.
• Strive for an excellent customer satisfaction and maintain effective relationships with clients in the public sector in Ghana and other African countries
• Coordinate all existing and new projects with clients in the whole of Africa and the Service Level Agreements and service contracts
• Creating a positive and motivating atmosphere in the company and providing better growth opportunities for employees and making sure they are providing positive results for the company
The ideal candidate
• Excellent team player and resourceful manager with a proven ability to develop and strengthen teams in order to grow and built a company and create motivation amongst employees
• Good interpersonal skills and trustworthy, someone transparent and reliable with a high respect of time
• Good communicator, both verbally and written and analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
• Customer focussed and ability to manage projects with efficiency and with a good customer satisfaction
• Hands-on and good decision maker
• Patience when needed and ready to take challenges and deal with challenging situations
• Should believe in teamwork and effectively interact with the clients and the employees
• Both local and international jobseekers are welcome to apply. For international applicants Africa experience is required.
• The ideal candidate is having a technical management experience within a service delivery environment, preferably with medical and/or clinical equipment, X-ray, Systems and Software etc.
• Minimum of BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
• He or she should have required past working experience of 5+ years in the field of successfully managing the responsibilities and different departments of a company in Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a leader in trading metals and minerals. They trade Tin, Tantalum, Lithium and Tungsten with operations across Africa and Brazil.
To help grow their organisation they are looking for a Hazardous Materials Management Professional, to be based in Africa.
- CHMM and CDGP certified
- Knowledge of ISO
- HSE experience
- Africa experience
Nice to haves:
- French language
- Able to train people
What type of person are we looking for:
- Dynamic personality, every day is different
- Hands-on mentality
- Loves to travel to different African locations
- Loves working in a small but motivated team
Are you interested in becoming a Hazardous Materials Management Professional in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.