ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JobnetAfrica
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is an established organic and Fairtrade player. They have developed sustainable food chains in South America and Africa and they are looking for a Managing Director for their Togo start up - about 30 permanent staff and up to 30 seasonal workers generating a turnover of around 4 M Euro per year.
The purpose of the job is to build a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the Leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to build a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part.
The Managing Director heads the Management Committee made off three director’s functions:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
• Lead and sustain the Management committee of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop and optimise business processes, policies and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPI to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations build on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years’ experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Lome, Togo
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• French & English (written and spoken)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Togo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Job Description Assistant Commercial Manager - Abidjan
1. FOB Business for Cocoa Beans and Products
a. With the support of the manager, develop market understanding and relationships with FOB suppliers for cocoa beans and products in Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Guinea, Togo, Uganda, DRC, Madagascar, Tanzania, Ecuador and Peru.
b. With the support of the manager and the trading desk in Asia, advise on purchasing of cocoa beans and products, and eventually independently negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers.
c. With the support of the trading desk, advise on the hedging of outright contracts and the fixation of differential contracts.
d. Ensure smooth execution of contracts, including lot approval, provision of shipping instructions, quality and weight control, approval of export documentation and payment to the supplier.
e. Further strengthen relationships with the cocoa regulation bodies in Ivory Coast (Conseil Café Cacao) and Ghana (Cocobod).
f. Provide weekly updates on the execution of purchase contracts, identify market and logistical risks and resolve issues immediately.
g. Travel within Ivory Coast and within the region required to build relationship with suppliers and understand situation on the ground.
h. Identify suppliers that offer the potential for a partnership, including among others sustainability activities and export in bulk/big bags.
i. Provide monthly reporting on quality and weight loss performance of FOB purchases on arrival.
2. Local Bean Exports in Ivory Coast
a. Produce a feasibility study on local bean export license in Ivory Coast including among other things: potential suppliers, cocoa bean cleaning operators, financing facilities, forwarding operators, HR requirements, costing based on minimum volume, deadlines by the regulator.
b. Move from the feasibility study to application for an export license for the 21/22 season if market conditions are favourable and management decides to go ahead.
c. Hiring of necessary staff required to run bean exports operation.
d. Establish supplier network of local middlemen (traitants) and later integrate cooperatives to supply project cocoa
3. Processing Factory in Ivory Coast
a. Support the country manager in necessary administrative and official tasks to obtain land, licenses and knowledge required to build a cocoa processing factory in Abidjan.
b. In particular provide input on the operational side of the cocoa beans supply for the plant.
4. Market Info
a. Discus with local and international market participants to get insights into local and international market developments.
b. Share market insight and updates with the trading desk in Asia.
c. Develop your own view on the physical and paper markets.
d. Provide weekly and monthly updates on arrival figures, export statistics, weather and other available information.
a. Support the sustainability manager in the integration between sustainability projects and commercial suppliers, ranging from international traders, local exporters to local cooperatives.
b. Support the sustainability manager on the management of credit balance.
a. Assist the country manager and the trading team in Asia on any other tasks and projects requirement. This might include pricing and margin management on the sales side and providing market updates to our sales teams in Asia, Europe and US.
b. Investigate potential of increasing product sales in French speaking countries by leveraging your French language skills.
Are you interested in becoming an Assistant Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
About the job
In a context of development and growth of its activity, our client is looking for a Project Manager. The new PM will be responsible for overseeing the rural electrification projects.
- Tracking and monitoring project progress to make sure high levels of quality, operational efficiency and cost effective management of resources
- Identifying potential dependencies, constraints and risks over the course of the project and developing ways to manage such issues effectively
- Preparation of detailed project plans and take effective steps to meet the targets
- Overseeing electrical distribution system on site and manage the installation of all the electrical systems
- Working together with the technical teams.
- Handling material verification and quality inspection as per standard
- Coordinate with all stakeholders for activities related to the project such as progress reports, invoicing, imports, etc.
- Ensure projects are implemented
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (Preferably Telecoms, Civil, Electronics, Electrical)
- Nice to have: post graduate or MBA business administration or project management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in minigrid work and LV/ MV line construction
- Great communicator and used to managing multiple tasks
- Problem-solving team player with great management skills
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching a Country Director Farms for their locations in Ethiopia.
Based in Addis Ababa, or at one of the farms, with significant national travel and some international travel.
We are looking for an experience Country Director to join the Ethiopian team, for daily management of the farms. Forming a bridge between overseas management and local operations.
You will play a key role in the client’s global senior management team supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. In country you will set the strategic direction of the Ethiopian farms in line with the client’s global strategy and Ethiopian national development plans. You will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between farms, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (10+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy
• Agricultural background
• Has managed several locations before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
Market conform package available. This is a new role, start date as soon as ideal candidate is found.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director Farms in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Sales Representative to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for gaining new accounts as well as managing existing accounts. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about cold calling and sales,
• Does NOT need previous experience in recruitment, selling of services is a pre
• Loves traveling and exploring new areas (6x per year)
• Has a vast international network in Africa or a part of Africa,
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
• Has an network within an international environment,
• French is a pre, but no must
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
• A strong (recruitment) brand name,
• An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
• An international team
• Working in Johannesburg at our office and from home
• Full time / part time / flexible working options,
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Excellent financial structure with variable component
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!
Are you the Managing Director we are looking for?
Are you ready to lead the company of our client, which aims to tackle Africa’s emerging development challenges? Do you have a passion for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and capacity building? Then we might be looking for you.
The Managing Director is a dynamic and inspiring leader of the team, and is accountable for the sustainability and growth of the company. He reports directly to the board, which includes experienced professionals from both NGOs and the private sector.
1. Leadership: Motivate and mentor the team
• Being a team player on projects and lead by example.
• Creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for all partners and colleagues
• Create a learning environment and seek and give constructive feedback
2. Business Management: Overseeing the financial health of the company and providing strategic direction for growth and sustainability
• Regularly review financial reports and approve expenses
• Ensure the organization is adhering to local laws and operating as a socially responsible business
• Engage the organization's Board of Directors in key decisions, prepare regular updates, and support recruitment of new board members as needed
• Lead the creation of operating procedures, financial forecasts and targets, annual and strategic plans, updated governance manuals, quarterly reviews, and performance reviews
3. Partnerships: Build and maintain relationships with staff, potential project partners and consultants
• Recruit new consultants and team members
• Manage relationships with key partners
• Represent the organization's interests in partnerships, while looking for synergy and collectively beneficial opportunities
4. Marketing and Communication: Lead and oversee new business opportunities and company sales
• Watch trends in the creative and or communication industry and the development sector
• Brainstorm with colleagues, partners and clients on new proposals
• Write and review bids and new proposals
• Review and approve external communication
5. Creative: Contribute to the development of new services and products
• Lead and oversee design reseach and co-creations
• Conceptualise innovative social and behaviour change communication and capacity building strategies and tools
• Work with designers, content developers, illustrators and researchers to define or refine solutions
• Occasionally develop content for company communication and new products
• Ensure services and products apply user-centered design principles and meet the organization's quality standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field (social sector enterprise, communication, design, SBCC etc.)
• Experience in mentoring, motivating and supervising teams and individuals
• Experience with volunteering or working in Africa, working with local counterparts
• The ability to facilitate workshops, strong presentation skills and influence internal and external discussions at all levels
• Strong English writing and communication skills
• Business acumen, with business strategy development, operational planning experience and financial planning
• Knowledge of Human-Centered Design in the creative industry is preferred
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to travel frequently within East Africa and Uganda itself
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
- Collaborate, align and support with the Group PMO to continue to develop best practices in all areas of the PMO.
- As the Regional PPM(Project and Portfolio Management) process owner actively coach and mentor project organization members and provide leadership in all areas of PPM practices, including to the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that project discipline is followed throughout the business.
- Drive the deployment, education and adoption of MyPPM (Clarizen software) within the Region as the “single point of truth” for all project and initiative data.
Provide inputs and thought leadership on Regional Portfolio to Leadership Teams, Global PMO & key stakeholders (including PRT and Gate Review Teams (GRT), Business Line Managers and Finance) .
Develop a project delivery performance culture in the organization to ensure the successful execution of projects (on time in full) and business results are realized/achieved as per the commitments.
DO & ACI:
Ensure process of Accelerated Continuous Improvement (ACI) is followed correctly.
Lead projects in the role of Project Manager both for ACI and PDP type projects with a focus in the area of Continuous Improvement.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.