ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT JBJ Foundation
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
The JBJ Foundation (JBJF) is a private foundation based in the United States which seeks to catalyze lasting improvements in health among the world’s poorest by strengthening local health systems. Building on a decade of experience supporting community level health service delivery in Malawi, JBJF is working to expand and accelerate its impact both within Malawi and in additional countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Country Director be responsible for the design, implementation, and monitoring of JBJF’s work in Malawi. Elements of the program may include (but not be limited to):
• Build on existing community health service delivery project to develop a ‘Model Village’ to help accelerate implementation of Malawi’s recently released National Community Health Strategy
• Support development and implementation of a national digital community health information system
• Identify and support implementation of targeted health intervention(s) to drive direct impact
Successful candidates will ideally have a combination of private sector and global health experience, demonstrate a commitment to global health impact, and excitement for helping to shape and drive a country-level program.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Support design, oversee implementation, and monitor effectiveness of JBJF investments in Malawi
• Work in collaboration with Ministry of Health (MOH), District Health Management Team (DHMT), and implementing partners (IP) to define appropriate scope of work in coordination with other relevant stakeholders
• Establish formal agreements with MOH, DHMT, and/or IP, including objectives, milestones, workplan, budget, and reporting
• Serve as active thought partner to MOH, DHMT, and IP
• Represent JBJF among relevant in-country stakeholders
Required skills and experience:
• At least 5-10 years work experience, including:
o Establishing productive relationships with senior public sector officials in low- and/or middle income countries
o Working in global health and/or private sector, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
o Developing and building new projects and/or organizations
• Strong problem-solving skills and entrepreneurial orientation
• Ability to work independently and proactively in the context of a geographically distributed team
• Cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness
• Excellent communications skills, in both verbal and written English
• Relevant advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MPH) preferred
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director in Malawi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.