ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT HM.CLAUSE Kenya
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
The fourth largest seed company in the world, Limagrain is an international cooperative group created and directed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain markets field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products.
HM.CLAUSE, Business Unit of Group Limagrain, is an innovative global leader in the development, production, and commercialization of vegetable seeds. HM.CLAUSE belongs to the top 5 vegetable seed entities in the world. With over 2,000 varieties in more than 20 vegetable crops, HM.CLAUSE provides innovative solutions to growers worldwide.
Job family : Finance
Job title : Finance Officer Jr. (M/F)
Business Unit : HM Clause Kenya
Contract : Regular Full Time
Contract duration :
MAIN GOAL :
The Finance Officer is responsible for all financial topics of HM Clause Kenya. Ideal candidate will oversee the implementation and follow the proper application internal controls as well as having primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the Kenya Subsidiary, ensuring compliance and consistency of accounting policies and practices with all local requirements.
The position reports to the HMCK Finance Officer and has a functional direct link with the Finance Manager, based in France.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Roles & Responsibilities
• Responsibility for financial administration
• Control on margin and expenses
• Control on stock, receivables and cash flow
• Cash management (including banking relationships)
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
• Execution of the annual year-end close (including auditors)
• Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
• Management of payroll and tax
• Implementation and follow-up of proper application of all HMCK procedures
• Record keeping: organization and maintenance of paper & electronic files
• Other analysis and reports as may be required by the company
• Management of formal company matters and procedures as required by law
• Management of all legal documents in coordination with the internal and external legal support
• Implementation of company procedures
• Management of IT and insurance matters
• Maintaining contacts with other service suppliers (e.g. lease companies)
• Contract management
• Other tasks as may be required by the company
Education and experience:
• BA in Economics or Finance
• At least 5 years of relevant experience
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili, both spoken and in writing
• Knowledge of Accounting CPA…..
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products; Proficient with Quickbooks ERP systems and ……..
• Team player with hands-on mentality
• Good communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Proactive attitude
• Able to work independently and to take decisions
• Multi-tasking and thoroughness
• Be customer and business oriented
• Service-minded, enthusiastic and high sense of responsibility
• Strong management skills and ability to work well with all levels of an organization
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Officer Jr. in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
HM CLAUSE KENYA LTD IS AN INTERNATIONAL VEGETABLE SEED COMPANY BASED IN NANYUKI. IT PRODUCES VEGETABLES SEEDS FOR EXPORT.
HM.CLAUSE represents approximately 2,300 employees around the world (North America, Latin America, Pacific, Europe, Asia, Africa).
Simplicity, humility and changing environment are the key words for our international company, belonging to Limagrain Group.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
HM CLAUSE KENYA is looking for a Technical Out-Grower Network Supervisor for production center in Nanyuki, Kenya
Main responsibility is to supervise and help out-growers to ensure seed production (from sowing / transplanting to seed extraction) according to targets of quality, quantity, timelines and costs for farm-allocated crops and to record all production data.
MAIN MISSIONS :
Main responsibilities are
•Providing production advice to the growers on optimum use of fertilizer and pesticide
•Responsible for providing follow up reports by crop for each plot
•Responsible for controlling and guaranteeing purity levels during pollination and harvesting.
•Ensuring regular control during the crop cycle to guarantee the germination
•Creation and updating of operation protocols
•Implementation of a production report for out growers
•Visit out-growers with Cucurbit and Solanum Supply Chain Manager
• The chosen candidate will have a strong agronomical profile and passion for plants.
•A strong personality with vision.
•Must be proactive and be able to work autonomously
•Should be a team player and motivator.
•Should be flexible and willing to learn.
•Holder of a valid driving licence
Proficient in English and Kiswahili.
HM.CLAUSE, a Company belonging to the LIMAGRAIN Group (9000 employees), is specialized in research, production and sales of vegetable seeds to professionals. HM.CLAUSE employs around 2200 people worldwide and achieves a continuous growing turnover. To support its development, HM.CLAUSE is looking for an experienced Seed Production GENERAL Manager for HM.CLAUSE Kenya.
Main responsibility of the General Manager is to manage the HM.CLAUSE Kenya farm operations in a cost effective, timely and reliable way whilst ensuring that technical and quality requirements are met, as well as training the local team and out growers in vegetable seed production.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will work in close collaboration with the and Managing Director to ensure coordination and internal standards are met. The farm counts a total of 70 employees.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for all activities of the HM.CLAUSE Kenya production farm :
• Oversee, coordinate and manage the daily farm production operations with greenhouses, seedling nursery and open field plots
• Establish and ensure that operating budgets are followed
• In coordination with BU Supply managers , manage day-to-day seed production business aspects in Kenya.
• Provide up-to-date data and information on local issues impacting the BU production business in Kenya, to include:
- Production cost and pricing
- Farmer Capacity, capability and grower base
- New opportunities in terms of areas and growers suitable for vegetable seed production
• Responsible of sowing activity, pollination, harvest and seed extraction activities are conducted in a timely manner.
• Transplanting and cultivation: close follow up on crops with Managers on findings, ensure weeding, irrigation, staking, and pruning according to the farm policies
• Management of the production team, including supervisors and employees : recruitment, training and development of the team.
• Knowledgeable and aware of proper chemical use, IPM, environmental issues.
• GSPP Implementation
• Maintain good public relations with neighboring farms, regional and national government authorities (KEPHIS, NEMA,..) and other stakeholder organization,
• Maintain a collaborative environment with colleagues and implementation of the company policies
Ideally, you hold the following skills and qualifications:
• BSc or MSc in Agronomic Science or Agricultural Business. Preferably with strong emphasis on vegetable seed science.
• 5 years’ experience in seed production supervision, preferably within a similar position.
• Excellent management skills and transparency.
• Analytical, problem solving, planning and resource management skulls
• Ability to work in an inter-cultural context.
• Must be proactive, rigorous and flexible.
• Team player and motivator.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools
• Fluent English and Kiswahili.
We offer an excellent remuneration package and good career evolution possibilities within our company.