ABOUT EXPAT JOBS AT Ascent Soccer
JOB SEARCH RESULT:
PROGRAM & OPERATIONS MANAGER : ASCENT SOCCER
(Location: Lilongwe, Malawi)
Target Start Date: Late-June 2023
Ascent Soccer is seeking an experienced, passionate and impact driven leader and mentor who believes in education and opportunity for the underserved talent and promise of Southeast Africa.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This brand new ‘Program & Operations Manager’ position is an opportunity for an experienced program manager and/or educator to be the driving force behind a positive and impact-focused soccer, scholarship and character development program for the top athletic and academic talent of Malawi.
The main responsibilities of the Program & Operations Manager will include (i) staff, scholar and organizational leadership, (ii) program culture, delivery and impact targets and (iii) human resource and financial management.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is willing to get involved with a variety of elements of academy life, along with being someone who understands the challenges of working in Southeast Africa while bringing a positive attitude and a solution-focused mindset.
We are looking for a joyful, demanding and nurturing leader who puts people, and our planet, first.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Our ideal candidate will bring the following qualifications to the ‘Program & Operations Manager’ role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Management, International Development, Sports Administration or other relevant field;
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role that has included youth education and/or sport, program management and delivery, team/relationship building and financial management;
- Strong communication skills, staff youth coaching/mentorship tools and the ability to build a positive and brave staff and campus culture;
- Confident problem solver and multi-tasker, with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Experience in financial operations, managing budgets, cash flow and human resources;
- Passionate about working with youth and setting the regional standard for a campus and leadership program that delivers the very best for soccer, scholarship, people and the planet;
- Clean driving record is preferred, fluent in English and a confident and curious ‘digital native;
- Previous experience working or traveling within Africa is an advantage, though not essential.
Ascent Soccer is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
OFFER & BENEFITS
This is a full-time contract opportunity in Malawi, which reports to the Director of Programs.
This contract opportunity offer as our ‘Program & Operations Manager’ would include the following:
- Competitive monthly salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience
- One return flight (if applicable) annually between your home city & Lilongwe
- Private accommodations in Lilongwe with high-speed internet
- Private vehicle for work and personal use
- Work Visa & Health Insurance
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
The application process for this role will close on Friday, June 2, 2023.
To apply for this position please send the following to the attention of George Maguire, Co-Founder & Director of Programs:
- Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Video (maximum 2 minutes, sharing your leadership philosophy and why you are interested
in this ‘Program & Operations Manager’ opportunity at Ascent Soccer in Malawi
Submit your application package via email (email@example.com) or WhatsApp (+265998943680).