Agronomy and agro-investment specialist with vast experience in management of large-scale commercial farming and investment projects in southern and West Africa. Possess over 21 years of comprehensive, practical commercial farming experience in precision farming (upland rice, soya, seed maize, wheat, barley, commercial maize, Lucerne, sunflower and jatropha) and marketing in Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Ghana, and Nigeria. In depth knowledge of coffee, beef and dairy production, wheat, cotton, soya beans, commercial maize, seed maize, macadamia, tobacco, and banana farming.
• Lead, plan, and develop of 10,300ha irrigated farming hub with different international commercial farming investors.
• Establish strategic priorities for focused development of the Babator Irrigated Farming Hub and facilitate investment in the farming concession.
• Support the development and execution of plans to expand and grow the Ghana Agricultural investment portfolio.
• Oversee bids and proposals for investments in the range from $7m to $15m to ensure evidence-based investment plans.
• Offer Technical assistance to over 400 in-grower and out-grower small scale farmers in the farming of organic bananas, cashew, mango and citrus.
• Conduct analysis of potential farming investment options and working closely with funders including GIZ and FCDO (formerly DFID) on livelihood restoration in grower projects.
• Offer advisory services to investors on project planning and execution, with strong emphasis on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP).
Total control of planning, costing, feasibility study, budgeting, procurement, recruitment of key staff, soil mapping and analysis, irrigation planning and conservation layout. Leading all agronomic practices from land preparation to harvesting and storage.
Production of maize and soya on 2500ha fully irrigated farm for production of 15 000t of maize and 2500t of soya for stock-feed production
Overall management of Gadco, and most senior company representative in Ghana
. Development of strategic decisions for positioning the company as the biggest rice and hybrid seed maize producer and marketer in Ghana, and attainment of business objectives
. Achievement of budgeted volumes and turnover sales of all rice grades
. Setting customer trading terms, and achievement of win-win business deals
. Hands-on management of the company in operations, technical and agronomic aspects
. Preparation and administration of protocols, SOPs and cropping plan
. Monthly reports (financial and operational) to the board of directors
. Quarterly enterprise evaluation and feasibility studies of new developments
. Liaison with public and private stakeholders for the development of the project
Overall management (finances and operations) of 2300ha arable land under 34 center pivots (maize, soya, wheat, Lucerne, sunflowers, barley)
. Budget formulation and presentation to the general manager, budget administration and control.
. Business evaluation on quarterly basis
. Control of grain exports to Malawi, Zimbabwe and Congo
Horticulture – Potatoes (50ha), Beetroots (25ha), Butternuts (50ha), Watermelons (20ha), Pepper (25ha), Onions (50ha), Tomatoes (30ha)
Centre pivots and drip irrigation
. Control of all horticulture operations and budgets, up to marketing of produce to both local and foreign markets.
. Ensuring that international standards are met in the packaging and handling of export products.
. Regular and open communication with traders as a promotional tool
. Business evaluation on quarterly basis and annual production plans for presentation to the board of directors
. Sit on the Botswana Horticulture Producers and Traders committee
I hold a National Diploma in Agriculture, BSc degree in Agriculture, Master of Business Administration (MBA)degree, and Certified Seed Grower CertificateA