I am an experienced Business Operations Manager, in Facilities and Site services with a proven track record to develop successful teams that achieve business and individual objectives. I have worked in some of the most challenging locations and environments across Afghanistan, Africa & the Middle East and managed budgets of over $10M, teams of 85+ multilingual, culturally diverse and cross-functional specialists and facilities for 1000+ personnel, across 27 locations for multiple partner organisations.
• Extremely flexible, I’m able to quickly adjust or adapt to various roles within the gambit of my vast expertise in any environment
• I have significant expertise in developing and nurturing long term partner relations in order to design and develop new initiatives and programs to benefit the organisation I serve
• I am experienced in the operational, strategic and administrative management, and coaching of large workforces (+400) ensuring delivery of service and adherence to all contractual requirements
• I am fully capable of managing both administration and Human Resource functions, maintaining and monitoring all personnel records, ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, analysing training needs and ensuring alliance to contractual, local laws and regulations
• I have honed negotiating skills, focusing on designing and delivering plans that suit the organisation’s outcomes, ensuring that these are cost-effective and add value for money.
My aims and objectives
My skills are highly diversified and therefore easily able to be transferred. I’m committed to continuous professional development and currently seeking a new role in Africa.
I have a detailed understanding of and process & practice in, HACCP, OHS&E, SOP and other audits and quality management systems (QMS). Accreditations incorporate ISO 9001, 1401, 22000 & OHSAS 18001.
• Supporting AECOM combat supplies and services and Dyncorp Aviation maintenance manpower contract provided specialised personnel. Meeting all AECOM/URS’s and Dyncorp’s requirements. Providing analytical support to the UK Team.
• Managing all Middle East operations such as administration, HR, Sponsors, Finance, Contracts & IMS compliance, Housing & Property.
• Screening new hires and all pre-deployment criteria
• Ensuring medical and Centcom compliance, police clearance and driving licences are attested by FCO and Kuwait Embassy.
• Issuance of visa 14 / work permits ensuring contractual timeframes are adhered to for mobilization.
• Mobilizing and tracking personnel in-theatre, ensuring Visa 18s are processed within the 30-day timeframe. Issuing Civil IDs, health cards, and the opening of employees Kuwait Bank accounts as per Kuwait labour law.
• Maintaining accountability of all personnel in-theatre or R&R, tracking all vacations, exit-end of mission requests, ensuring flights and visa or exit visa are issued as per company Policy and Kuwait labour laws. Developed and maintaining KPI’s set by AECOM and Dyncorp.
• Compiled a database to monitor contracts, POP & site performance, analyses personnel data assigned on programs and identifies personnel for future projects.
• Met and maintained 98% compliance in BOG (Boots on Ground) criteria against the commercial contract.
• Led the team and achieved client recognition for the performance of the 25 new-hire drivers deployed on ECHA Mission, with all obtaining full military D/licences and being offered a permanent role within APS-2 program ‘Mannheim’. Drove and moved, wheeled and tracked vehicles from the railhead to a Poland training base ‘Drawsko Pomorskie’ and set up vehicle grids by UIC number then into brigade / battalion lines into company order.
• Overseeing and inspecting each piece of equipment prior to issue. Completing all documenting and fault-finding, reporting and documenting faults.
• Inventorying and accounting for all COEI and BII, ensuring packets and documentation are complete prior to issue and upon returns.
• At the end of the ECHA mission (Poland), demobilized the grid and reloaded the railhead. Met all governmental requirements and timeframes.
• Unloaded train at CWS Mannheim, assigned all vehicles to their designated position once we had conducted Arg clean in accordance to custom officials.
• Assisting in the workshop, (worked on M1 A2 tank general maintenance and wash rack when required) and unloaded/ loaded containers.
• Scanning vehicles / equipment to location on AWRDs. Linking equipment to vehicles using the scanner connected to AWRDs.
• Inventorying supplies, including refrigeration and mechanic’s toolkits.
• Updating ELIDs on vehicles. Driving and (un)loading all tracked and wheeled vehicles.
• As In-Country Ethics & Integrity Ambassador - capturing 95% of all M&E’s assigned manpower.
• Identified and negotiated better leased housing rates for our manpower resulting in an additional 3% saving on budget.
• Achieved 100% compliance, managing 145 personnel in Kuwait and 25 personnel for various TDY missions.
• Project management of a new client contract ‘Daewoo Construction’; delivering camp/food services including catering, housekeeping and laundry to the workforce across Qatar, whilst providing operational input to Dogus & Tekfen contracts.
• Part of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) team for tender submissions.
• Mobilised 2 kitchens to produce over 7000 meals/day dispatched to 6 remote mess halls, 2 labour accommodation camps including a site office for full catering services to be provided to their workforce (Asian, Filipino, Korean).
• Responsible for administration and HR including direct and third party hire (eg. resident permits, government medical food handlers certificate, police reports etc).
• Contractual compliance and quality control including administrative obligations and financial monitoring.
• Effective team management (160+), to meet targets and deadlines relating to large volume catering projects.
• Liaised closely with the production and dispatch teams to overcome logistical challenges to ensure all outputs are met.
• Implemented a staff training and development program.
• Full profit and loss responsibility including budget control, invoicing, performance monitoring and management feedback
(Relocated due to drawdown of Afghanistan Missions)
• Assigned to OUNCI Mission, Abidjan Ivory Coast, providing an organised approach to current operations
• Provided an operational breakdown, using analysis to develop solutions, ensuring compliance and value for money
• Applied strong knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relating the moving/storing of heavy goods
• Liaising with suppliers, retailers and consumers as well as Port and Customs officials regarding challenges the movement of containers from shipping, submission of franchise, MOFA and clearing agents to container arrival while minimising management, demurrage , associated plug in fees to container arrival at warehouse
• Appointed onsite Food Team Safety Leader and Emergency Response Coordinator
• Promoting effective communications with supply chain and DSO to ensure adherence to stock compliance level taking into account fluctuating feeding strengths, UN RS product specifications and BBD requirements
• Monitoring and tracking flow of goods into the warehouse
• Monitoring all catering procedures to ensure contractual compliance including quality management systems HACCP, OHS&E (Occupational Health, Safety and Environment) and quality accreditation
• Directing and managing logistical and catering staff (87 personnel -8 International & 79 Host National)
• Monitoring costs, quality and efficiency of movement and storage of stock and goods for Logistic and Catering
• Responding to all UN challenges, from product specification compliance, quality, transport and storage
• Managing subcontractor performance while maintained cultural awareness and a diplomatic approach to conflicts
• Completing all outbound orders while simultaneously overseeing the allocation and monitoring of targets
• Coordinating with the transportation department regarding logistics and distribution of stock
• Ensuring warehouse operations complied with customer contractual obligations
• Achieved KPIs and SLAs in line with Supreme guidelines via trackers, communicating performance to the team
• Implemented new inventory systems, delivery schedules, cost monitoring and personnel management methods along with managing third party providers
• Discussed financial challenges with budgets, cost control and financial levers providing feedback to DSO
• Streamlined personnel by 20% while increasing productivity by 15%
• Reduced applied UN penalties (APLs) by 39% ensuring transport timelines were achieved along with timely invoice submission and compliance of operational & reserve stock as per UN RS requirements, warehouse QA compliance
• Liaised with supply chain and procurement on UN product purchasing trends to ensure DOS and BBD compliance. Slow moving products were identified to reduce stock write off and excess demand stock relocated to other missions
• Processed systems to ensure accuracy of documentation including filing and accessibility for audit inspection
• Implemented required systems to ensure the warehouse achieved the ISO 22000 accreditation
• Provided UN feedback relating to operations, provided feedback and solutions ensuring contractual compliance
• Developed relationships with decision makers through maintaining both defect and lead-time reductions
2009 – 2015 OPERATIONS /BUSINESS MANAGER
Supreme Group, Afghanistan/Africa (DGS) Catering, Logistics and Life Support
Dyncorp (DOS & DOD & NTM, A Missions) NATO ISAF, Swedish
Mali, United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission (MINUSMA) CATERING LIFE SUPPORT
• Managed national contracts consisting of HQ / ISAF NATO, TK (Australians) 13 American military and civilian bases across Afghanistan.including all associated SOP audits, Profit and Loss management and budget monitoring.
• Monitored catering procedures in relation to HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), OHS&E (Occupational Health, Safety and Environment) and quality accreditation
• Reviewed existing procedures, recommending improvements and methods of implementation.
• Auditing procedures to ensure compliance client regulations for all reporting, invoicing, inventory and assets.
• Expedited invoicing procedures in line with company and contractual requirements.
• Managed business units to ensure compliance with SLAs and PMPs for all technical and vector control services
• Analysed and reported on individual site requirements for staff development and recruitment
• Promoted tender opportunities for relevant services; ensured accurate completion by deadlines
• Liaised with client POC’s & COR across the contracts, (NSPA, Dyncorp,CTC,DCMA) discussing performance, challenges & action plans.
• Contract accountability including meeting, administration duties, negotiations and authority within set financial limits
• Liaised with UN Mission mobilisation of new operations within deadlines, while ensuring troops are accounted for
• Successfully managed multi life support, accommodation and office facilities for 1000+ man camp in remote locations across Afghanistan consisting of 44 dining facilities in 27 locations serving 50,000+ meals a day
• Full profit & loss responsibility, including budget and invoicing reporting
• Designed and facilitated change with a ‘pay as you go’ diner ‘11- 11’ concept creating a social drink and dining facility which improved troop morale whilst increasing revenue by 200K /month
• Reduced budgeted expenditure having monitored staff / external sub-contractor working time directives
• Formed part of the bid Subject Matter Expert (SME) team for tender submissions
• Provided strategic direction to support CKAB / Northern Afghanistan operations; oversaw staff discipline, welfare and training, demonstrated cultural awareness when leading 37 Managers and 650 staff from various nationalities
• Prepared, analysed and disseminated KPI reports to support head office decision making
• Consulted with senior management around environmental issues, non-conformance and corrective actions
• Monitored QA practices on job completion and SOPs in compliance with ISO 9001, 1401 and OHSAS 1801
• In-country Ambassador for ethic compliance
• Implemented internal training programs, identified additional training needs for all in country personnel
CSCS Site Managers and CSCS (Supervisor/Manager).
Prince 2 Project Management.
Q.A. OSHAS 18001 & ISO 9001 QMS Lead Auditor (exam 10/2019); Serv Safe Proctor.
Health & Safety: Fire Officer, First Aid, HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), NEBOSH, Advanced Certificate in Food Safety.
Other notable courses:
Business Management Degree: Train the Trainer; Presentations & Interviewing; Nutrition Diploma; C&G 706/1, 706/2. Military D/Licence (Track/wheels).
City and Guilds 706/1, 706/2,
O Levels Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, History, Economics and Public Affairs