I am career orientated and ambitious. I enjoy a good challenge and thrive under pressure. My fulfilment comes from empowering those that work for me and enjoy developing and leading a good team that can achieve through the unusual challenges that they may face in developing Africa.
I believe that businesses within developing Africa can have a telling impact on the communities of the country they operate in, not only through the products they manufacture and distribute, but also through skills development.
I graduated university with a Bachelor of Science Degree in 1997 and completed a NQ7 Advanced Management Diploma in Strategic Management in 2012.
My career spans over 22 years within the agricultural sector of which 16 years have been in senior management positions within the poultry industry and 15 in high level positions in developing African countries.
I am currently the Managing Director of a leading producer of day-old chicks and poultry feed in Ethiopia. The company employs 1500 staff (of which two are expats) and operates 10 productions facilities nationally within Ethiopia with a head office in Addis Ababa. We have a major impact on the livelihoods of rural Ethiopians, and I am proud to be a part of this impact.
I am looking for opportunities with a multinational impact from a base considered safe to reside.
The purpose of EthioChicken is to deliver healthy day old chicks and quality poultry feed to farmers and thereby providing a platform for affordable eggs and meat to every Ethiopian family, thereby improving nutrition and creating income opportunities for our customers and our partners. We have distributed more than 16 million chicks and hence reached more than an estimated 3.2 million smallholder households in Ethiopia in the year 2018.
• Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
• Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: biological operations, feed mill operations, human resources, procurement, HES and quality, finance, new business coordination, sales and marketing.
• Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise and to meet Investor expectations.
• Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives.
• Directs the development and implementation of procedures and controls.
• Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO
• Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
• Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
• Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization.