Central Pilbara Hub & Eastern Pilbara Hub (WAIO)
• Surface characterisation including identification of data sources (e.g. geophysics, field, lab, core
mapping) and data extraction methods (e.g. drilling campaigns) to determine the surface geotechnical
• Model compilation (e.g. structural, stress, rock mass, geology, hydrogeology) to feed into surface
• Development of geotechnical inputs for surface mining methods and designs (e.g. bench geometry,
wall geometry by pit zones) using geotechnical analytical results.
• Application of most appropriate instrumentation (e.g. lasers, prisms, microseisms) to monitor and
report on slope movements and escalate risks as required.
• Development ground control management plans for open pit/cut mines (e.g. inspections, standoff
distances, isolation zones) using qualitative risk assessment techniques to control stability/instability
issues across the full Life of Asset.
• On-site supervision of the Logging- While-Drilling (LWD) process onshore oil and gas operations.
• Responsible for the interpretation of formation well logs and directional survey information.
• Working with the Directional Driller to ensure BHA compatibility with planned operating parameters.
• Experience in Mud Pulse Telemetry and Electromagnetic Telemetry.
• Liaising with client representatives (Geologists, Rig Managers, Company Man) on tool capabilities and
operating limits to ensure optimal performance during drilling operations in the energy sector.
• QA/QC of logs and post-drilling tests ensuring that all data provided to the client is of highest standard.
• Maintaining, testing and repairing of tools and assemblies used for LWD operations.