I have lived and worked most of my life in southern Africa with many years' professional experience in business and project management across various sectors. I have a deep understanding of developing, motivating and leading cross-cultural and geographically-diverse teams. I also understand the importance of respectful engagement with internal and external stakeholders, from both the public and private sectors, and the importance of curating and managing their expectations. Over the years, as a "life-long learner" I have enhanced my experience and ability to think strategically and analytically with several post-graduate qualifications. The most recent are an MSc from the University of Oxford in Major Programme Management and certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute, USA. I am keen to become involved in projects which transform and improve people's lives. Accordingly, I present myself as an experienced professional, familiar with the way we do business in southern Africa and as a safe-pair-of-hands in this challenging, yet, opportunity-rich environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Deploying processes and change-management techniques to establish a collaborative, programme-driven approach to the marketing and delivery of multiple, concurrent projects;
• Devising a hybrid of waterfall and agile principles for approaching the life-cycles of client and internal projects; and,
• Establishing a Project Management Office for governing the project portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Obtained new, international, supply-contracts, exponentially to expand the portfolio of media-products and services within Zimbabwe as a response to market liberalization;
• Leveraged competitive advantage by acquiring several prominent publishing and distribution contracts from local competitors as a strategy for locally-stimulated growth;
• Designed the requirements for software to automate and integrate sales, distribution and accounting functions. Project managed the planning, execution and delivery of the system, demonstrating effective collaboration between technical and supply-chain stakeholders across three countries;
• Innovated market-relevant media-formats and distribution channels; and,
• Managed and resourced rapid and sustainable scaling of people and infrastructure to service a market-reach of over 200 sales points throughout Zimbabwe and Zambia.
Post-graduate student of Keble College. The MSc in Major Programme Management comprises the following modules: Designing and Managing Successful Programmes, Major Programme Risk, Systems Engineering, Governance and Stakeholder Management, Commercial Leadership, Research Methods, Managing Performance, Globalization and Major Programmes and Dissertation.
Certification in project management.
Optional Module: Airport Business Management
Thesis Subject : "Convergence of Full-Service and Low-Cost Airlines: A New Business Model? An Assessment Based on Airline Strategy and Value-Delivery."
Thesis Subject: Reliability of Traditional Approaches to Strategy for a Zimbabwean Firm Operating within an Adverse Economic Environment. A case study.