I am a detail oriented, strategy-driven and reliable Environmental, Health and Safety Professional with over 8+ years of experience and success in advancing academic institutions’ HSE programs – leveraging a plethora of HSE-related certifications, an extensive exposure to people and projects and with a verifiable track record of delivering significant risk reduction, reviewing and maintain risk management registers system-wide and with continuous improvement initiatives that drive stakeholder satisfaction and operational excellence.
Assumes key leadership roles – overseeing EHS management systems, developing and implementing EHS policies, practices, and programs, and facilitating training and other capacity building activities – grounded on the core pillars of occupational health and safety, environmental protection, emergency preparedness, and regulatory compliance. A certified lead auditor with strong and versatile knowledge in EHS incident investigation, promoting health and safety in the workplace with commitment to continuous learning and development opportunities and taking on new roles and initiatives.
• Oversees the implementation of the EHS internal management system and review the campus’ policies and procedures
• Enables optimal working conditions by monitoring environmental parameters including ambient and indoor air quality, water and wastewater quality, noise exposure, and hazardous materials through environmental industrial hygiene survey.
• Facilitate compliance of the campus facilities, systems, and equipment with international standards, governmental regulations, and internal EHS policies, procedures, and processes by conducting internal EHS audits and inspections.
• Expedites the identification of non-conformances through development and enforcement of a systematic approach with the EHS Internal Audit Team.
• Improves the safety performance by collecting data, evaluating trends and incidents, and sponsoring preventive and corrective actions accordingly.
• Upholds and promotes the central health and safety awareness and development program by designing and facilitating induction training and occupational safety workshops and sessions for staff, students, and other stakeholders.
• Intensifies emergency preparedness by establishing the fire evacuation and first aid procedures, and administering periodical emergency evacuation drills on campuses.
• Ensures business continuity through expert management of operational constraints including the appetite for change due to COVID-19.
• Heightened operational accountability and transparency by furnishing senior management, staff, and service providers with reports on accidents and incidents at work and collaborating on measures to promote worksite safety, encouraging safe work practices, and rectifying worksite hazards immediately
• Maintained open lines of communication with the Health and Safety Committees – facilitating meetings, as needed, to brief on the health and safety aspects of the daily operations and apprise on the improvement plans involving lighting, ventilation, and other environmental ergonomics at work.
• Aligned workplace practices, environments, and equipment with all UAE and international requirements and standards.
• Liaised with the Civil Defense in developing and monitoring the effectiveness of emergency procedures, evacuation plans, fire drills, and fire alarm systems throughout the campus.
• Supported the creation of the workplace safety mindset by delivering health and safety orientations and producing presentations and other learning resources.
• Offered informative and recommendatory guidance to the senior management on a broad range of contemporary workplace health and safety issues and opportunities for improvement.
• Monitored the day-to-day facilities operations of all service providers of security, nursing, catering, cleaning and maintenance, and ensured their adherence to the institute’s policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Provided logistical support for projects and other school events and activities, directed the setup and inspection of required facilities, and attended to urgent tasks, even after-hours when necessary.
• Minimized disruption to campus operations and services by managing its preventative maintenance program to include equipment and resource maintenance and maintenance requirements reporting.
• Maintained efficient paperwork and documentation spanning inventory lists of campus assets and facilities, service invoices, goods receipt reports, RFPs, PRs and other contract documents
• Guaranteed that safety standards were followed by supervising and training campus employees and contractors.
• Designed, documented and executed multiple simultaneous high-quality projects by collaborating with all internal and external teams.
• Maintained close working relationships with a team of related professional including engineers, construction managers, surveyors and government representatives.
• Cultivated expert knowledge of building products, constructions details, regulations and quality standards, budgets and timelines.
• Led the creation of a conceptual framework for projects and incorporated company stands, goals and brand ideals.
• Designed detailed architectural drawings using AutoCAD, Form Z and 3D max and ensured all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
• Managed project development from pre-design through completion, meeting with clients and consultants, providing insight and assistance and liaised with construction professionals regarding project feasibility, managing issues with environmental impact, town planning legislations and budget negotiation and preparation.
Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, Faculty of Engineering. UAE University, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi
CGPA: 3.66 (Grade A Excellence).