(Companies headcount 1000, EUR 30 million turnover)
- Turned around a loss-making business, by implementing tight cost effectiveness, clearer organizational focus, stricter quality and process discipline, new products, higher ancillary revenues and higher rates with main customers.
- Won a license renewal tender with National Airport Authority for 7 years on 15 airports.
- Gained the first ever Wide-body customer airline for the company in the country.
- Won a state tendered license to operate 4 FBOs for executive aviation in Morocco, set up a new legal entity (Swissport Executive Aviation Maroc SARL).
- Multiplied by 10 the Centralized Load Control Center volume by winning both airline contracts and gaining business from Swissport network.
- Completed the ISO9001 certification for all stations.
- Completed the first carbon footprint report for the aviation industry in Morocco.
- Piloted Active Supervision leadership training initiative for Middle East-Africa Region (MEA).
- With the support of the Swiss Embassy and Swiss Chamber of Commerce, could get the first VAT credit reimbursements.
- Decreased the financial exposure with Authorities on license KPIs, from 2012-2015 operations.
- Supported MEA Region on QHSE Audits, Training Surveys, Active Supervision train-the-trainer, Staff Planning (for the Oman launch).
(member of Area Management Board, 7 direct reporting Directors, Company headcount 50)
- Full general management, operational and P&L responsibility of the Cameroon subsidiary, reporting to Regional CEO
- Doubled volume of business since January by gaining new clients and increasing business with existing ones.
(member of local Management Board, HR team of 2, Company headcount 270)
Left during trial period as the reality of the role was too different from the discussions during the recruitment process
(member of local Management Board and Area HR Board, HR team of 11, Company headcount 420)
- Re-gained ‘a place at the table’ for the HR function, as a strategic business partner.
- Implemented a new salary structure (and a currency change to local) and a new Bargaining Agreement with the
Unions. Reviewed salary to gain top payer position on the market. Moved from cash salary payment to banking for all
- Outsourced payroll function to a consulting firm in Kenya and re-evaluated all jobs in Company.
- Implemented a Talent Review system.
- Led change management initiatives during an SAP implementation.
- Implemented a Strategic Leadership Agenda and a new vision for the company. This led to the most impressive
opinion turn-around in the AME region. In addition, the perception of the HR function got on par with high performing
companies benchmark. Local practices were spread as a best practice for the 38 countries of SSA.
- Restructured the HR Function to create HR BPs and an HR Service Centre, with 4 new staff.
- Restructured Marketing operations in the East of the country.
- As the Chairman of the local Tender Committee, led an outsourcing partnership for logistics.
- Successfully settled many labour related litigation cases.
- Established a local Occupational Health Committee (incl. Security & Environment) and relevant policies and practices.
- Member of the local CSR and Crisis Management Committees, and managed crisis such as Ebola outbreak (Province
Orientale), earthquake (Kivu), expats evacuation and staff/asset protection (Kinshasa).
- Led Marketing and HR Talent Reviews in the Area, for a management population of 170 over 38 countries.
- Advised the Area HR team on negotiations with Unions in different markets (Senegal, Cameroon, Kenya, etc.).
(leading a team of 2)
- With the Management Board, implemented a Leadership Agenda and organised a company event to cascade it
through the organization.- Implemented the new BAT Talent Review system and the new development and career management tool in addition to
a mentoring programme for high potential managers and a coaching programme for all managers.
- Implemented new communication tools for graduate recruitment and HR pages of a new Intranet.